Druid - we're being trolled, right?

in Ranger

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Druids deserve to be in a party any party, especially when people get beaten in dungeons like AC paths 1, 2 and even in all paths of Twilight Arbor, just remembered had a story run one time recently where all but 3 people died constantly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Scar.2658

Scar.2658

Have u run dungeons w/ Druid? I have all day, and yes AC as well, and the heals were not strong enough to help us threw the hairy parts, and its not like the dps helped make up for the lack of heals. As a main ranger for almost two yrs to turn it into a healing class is kinda silly. I have found the only ones that are excited about this are the part time rangers, ones who only play ranger when they have a build worth playing, but from over a dozen main rangers after a day of playing druid they are upset w/ what was done to them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Agreed, for the most part, with the OP’s sentiment, if not his delivery.

Sorry – after 3 years and more of beating my head against Anet’s wall, while they refuse to do squat to fix the multitude of problems with the Ranger, and now we get THIS. My delivery is honestly more polite than is merited.

Don’t be sorry.

There is nothing to say that anyone has to agree with your delivery. I was not condemning you, merely attempting to agree with your message without accepting the mantle of its delivery.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

i know thats how I played it. I prefer not to play DPS meta. I like team defense and protection.

Then you’re not “lonewolf” like what he was talking about, thus not countering anything he said.

The healing is great in PvP, if people would actually stick to working together rather than it always being a every man for themselves mentality going around.

It doesn’t do anything in sPvP that a Guardian can’t do. Except a Guardian doesn’t sacrifice his DPS.

In terms of WvW, the limit of only healing 5 players per skill does nothing to counter AoE bombs. And, again, no DPS.

And as a whole, the crappy range of the Glyphs, as well as no stability or stun breaks, makes them garbage.

I’ve been experimenting with Power Ranger build with the Druid trait still selected and using Troll Ungent. Seeing as how Healing Power stat doesn’t do squat for Druid healing, there’s not much of a reason to run gear that bumps it up. This build actually doesn’t do too bad and you can still get into AF if things start to go south.

On the whole, the Druid doesn’t bring anything to the table that others can’t do and even do better.

“It doesn’t do anything in sPvP that a Guardian can’t do. "

Lol you lost all credit there. If you believe a Guardian can dish out as much healing as a single Druid…… yeah I wont argue with you on this much. Clearly you have not played healer in SPvP yet with Druid….. go back to your Power Ranger Druid dude…..

and you go back to WoW. We are playing GW2 here where active defense and support is more important. Negating damage > heals.

that might of been true last year but this time conditions last longer , more stacks higher damage , higher upkeep of consistant damage which dodges+evades ect can’t prevent and condi clears are limited to a point so yes there is no more Negating damage is Superior to healing they are now on Even importance , even my guildies doing Raids Earlier got hit hard by the raid boss as most still want to try the Zerker method + active defences , you know one of the skills is if one person in the party gets hit by the charge wave thing , the whole team takes damage from what i heard so Active defences now have limits too . " you can no longer gain near immunity to damage just by using active defences" that may work in the Core game but it won’t work in HoT , you need sustainted healing " its not a matter of how strong it is or how weak it is "

we all need to find the correct Balance of Damage/support/control again and i don’t see the old Meta surviving this as the new content gets Released somthing is bound to change regardless of Opinions.

in Ranger

KayCee.4653

You must don’t have it set up for a good build for a healer, cause I out healed the damage Lani gave to my party and out healed the damage that ranger boss at the end gave on Honor of the Waves. AC when I run it, few people I’ve ran it with got hurt, so I went to using long bow/greatsword when it was needed and not worrying about healing anyone unless they absolutely needed it. And no one really did need it for that dungeon run.

On my main, I trait it for healing and my zerker spec I rarely use unless its to solo a dungeon. Yes, solo dungeons, its fun but hard… I generally run even on my main a healer build that does way less healing than druid and hits really weak. Yet, I end up helping a lot of people with that especially the close range fighters since my pet I have active is generally the Fern (well back then it was, about a few days ago started using spiders instead). Fern hound heals for like 1,450 + 2,500 something in regen… that combined with their self heals of the party’s close range fighters often keep them standing until Fern hound gets hurt to where I have to switch out for either tank pets like the bears or for dps like the ice drake.

Druid would be a lot easier in that regard and is.

I made my ranger for healing, and solo’ing. I modified it for support. My old main, a necro was decked out to heal in Death shroud and it could do 5k heals in death shroud for up to 5 allies. Granted I couldn’t stay in death shroud long. Yet in dungeons it was helpful for the really bad groups. Druid would be the same too.

The way I see it, this game needed a healer a true healer all along. I love healing classes in other games, and all (well almost all) of my characters can in some way heal others and heal them half as good as druid can. I mean I am near always running around like that.

Now I do understand, not everyone want to be a healer, you don’t have to be. Just use the glyphs and not use the Druid specialization. But most people that try druid will like it especially if they played any healers on other games and were sought after cause of it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

“Hey guys the devs gave a class with a deficit of support options a way to have a lot of support and five healing skills in their builds with only changing one trait line from their normal builds, meaning that they can have some spur of the moment healing and still throw out pretty solid damage.”

“WHAT? HEAL CLASS!? NO THIS IS GOING TO MEAN THAT THE WORLD IS OVER AND THE META IS GOING TO ONLY RELY ON HAVING ONE AND CATS WILL CHASE DOGS AND TIME TO BEAT MY KEYBOARD WITH MY FACE UNTIL MY DISPLEASURE IS MADE MANIFEST ON THE FORUMS WHARBLEGAAAA-”

“W-what!? No…That isn’t what anybody has been saying at-”

“-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-”

“H-how can you have that much hate in you without exploding into a black flame that sounds like Linkin Park music?”

“-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGJHTEGJWTRGEET!”

in Ranger

KayCee.4653

I laughed at that Mercurias … its pretty much what people are trying to say about this

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I laughed at that Mercurias … its pretty much what people are trying to say about this

Sadly mercurias is right.
But here sould be the reason, i share his opinion.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Druid-we-re-being-trolled-right/5566874

I’m sorry but after the balance patch and how the druid is designed, that we only had this weekend to test it, and the lack of communication from the devs this arise my trust issues. I think more customers that main a ranger share our concerns.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

KayCee.4653

Sadly mercurias is right.
But here sould be the reason, i share his opinion.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Druid-we-re-being-trolled-right/5566874

I’m sorry but after the balance patch and how the druid is designed, that we only had this weekend to test it, and the lack of communication from the devs this arise my trust issues. I think more customers that main a ranger share our concerns.

Spoken (well, read) like that, I understand your point of view… however not all that main a ranger will see it that way… Yes, I rather have had two weekends or even a full week to test Druid, I have my own issues with it, but I’m glad they made a healer too…

My issues are mostly with the druid traits and how the glyph of empowerment sucks compared to mights from my pet (cause of a trait) or a guardian using the staff… Also some other druid trait issues too like the glyphs radius too small means I need to be both front liner, middle liner, and back liner… and that the traits all don’t make sense since you can get better results using the original 5 specializations. I’m hoping that it will be fixed, yes… but as far as staff having healing skills and little damage I like that, though I am one of the few that often played a healer as a dps and healed at the same time in other games.

But ultimately, I agree with you… the lack of communication from the devs, the recent balancing patch before we all got use to the balanced, then releasing this beta weekend seems like they are rushing the game out the door. I’m not liking that myself, so in that regard as well we agree.

in Ranger

Posted by: SNIEVES.3964

SNIEVES.3964

as my main being a ranger and having 2 rangers on my account, druid will not help us, we will still be allienated , areanet did not go far enough with the druid spec, having played a druid in dugeouns and dragons in the past, druids were considered power spell casters of nature, with good dmg, healing and cc support, and shape shifting abilites too, we don’t see that here. we should be intune to nature and mother earth, how about some earth skills, wind water skills, etc.,

in Ranger

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Omg not this kitty again!!! Stop with this already please.

you dont like healers dont play it!!!! Stop whining about a healer specialization being good at healing and not good at damage….

You need to understand WHY people don’t like it. Is healing bad? No. Will it be bad if a druid is MANDATORY in raids? Then yes, since it defeats the whole purpose of this game.

Developers are the people that choose any “Purpose” in their game, and those chose Healer to be a needed role in Raids as well as making it a useful role in other parts of the game now.

I didn’t choose a healer class. I chose a DPS class. Because I know from experience what happens to those healers.

If your internet connection is bad and you have lag and can’t keep up with healing and the party wipes who gets the blame? Healing Classes.

This is not making a useful class this is making the oppotunity to grief and blame other people for not playing well no matter whether or not their internet connection is good or bad. And another thing that IS going to happen is that if I as a Ranger main who has played 1134 days (at time of post is everyday without missing a day from launch) turn up as a ranger to a dungeon or raid I will be expected to change to druid whether I want to or not. This is not a choice this is having no choice in how I want to play.

Another fact is when I went through the Silverwaste Story line to get to Verdant Brink I got lumbered with 3 menders and a husk to kill by myself. It took me 5 minutes to actually kill 1 mender by myself so if ANYONE thinks that Druid has enough DPS go fight 3 menders and think again. I have never had a problem killing 4 or 5 menders as a straight Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

you dont like healers dont play it!!!! Stop whining about a healer specialization being good at healing and not good at damage….

You need to understand WHY people don’t like it. Is healing bad? No. Will it be bad if a druid is MANDATORY in raids? Then yes, since it defeats the whole purpose of this game.

Developers are the people that choose any “Purpose” in their game, and those chose Healer to be a needed role in Raids as well as making it a useful role in other parts of the game now.

I didn’t choose a healer class. I chose a DPS class. Because I know from experience what happens to those healers.

If your internet connection is bad and you have lag and can’t keep up with healing and the party wipes who gets the blame? Healing Classes.

This is not making a useful class this is making the oppotunity to grief and blame other people for not playing well no matter whether or not their internet connection is good or bad. And another thing that IS going to happen is that if I as a Ranger main who has played 1134 days (at time of post is everyday without missing a day from launch) turn up as a ranger to a dungeon or raid I will be expected to change to druid whether I want to or not. This is not a choice this is having no choice in how I want to play.

Another fact is when I went through the Silverwaste Story line to get to Verdant Brink I got lumbered with 3 menders and a husk to kill by myself. It took me 5 minutes to actually kill 1 mender by myself so if ANYONE thinks that Druid has enough DPS go fight 3 menders and think again. I have never had a problem killing 4 or 5 menders as a straight Ranger.

Why the heck you soloing with Druid and Staff, than come to forum to whine that it doesnt do Zerker damage? Lolsssss

you could have easy switched to Bow/GS….. for solo…..

in Ranger

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Druids deserve to be in a party any party, especially when people get beaten in dungeons like AC paths 1, 2 and even in all paths of Twilight Arbor, just remembered had a story run one time recently where all but 3 people died constantly.

This! I was a Cleric, Rune of the MONK Healing Druid and let me tell you, I ran AC P1 and the part where Hodgins needs to stay alive while everyone else DPS’s the mounds with mobs pouring out, I was able to heal Hod back up to full when he was about to die. I continued to provide him HP and we finished the task in no time. Granted the party I was with was new, but the matter of the fact is DRUID healer is so good and I MAIN it now.

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Ranger

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

To OP, sadly, I think we aren’t. But it looks quite like it. My birthday is the 19 and I thought HoT was a somewhat great birthday “gift” from Anet, now I completely think the opposite.

in Ranger

Firebird Gomer.9563

Why the heck you soloing with Druid and Staff, than come to forum to whine that it doesnt do Zerker damage? Lolsssss

you could have easy switched to Bow/GS….. for solo…..

I wasn’t soloing the story through choice. I was soloing through no one else being there to fight.

I was in the midst of fighting when I realised that Druid is not strong enough to outdamage 3 healing class if you have no help. I could have run away sure but I prefer to see what I can do with what I have setup. I guess if I’d been stuck for 10 minutes or more I would have OOC.

Also I haven’t come to whinge I came to point out your arguments are flawed in the realization that soon anyone who MAINS Ranger are getting punked as we will not have a choice in how we play.

Also that Healing class is a bad bad choice for a game that has had, since the release of the game, a belief that every class is self supporting and that a Trinity setup is not required, and that once again healing classes WILL take the brunt of all complains about party fails.

As I said to your first post about not playing a healer, I chose a DPS class not a healer class but now MY class of choice has been lumbered with that what I don’t want and I will be lumbered with being made to play what I don’t want in the area’s I want to go.

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Thats why you have this thing called off weapon….. learn to switch and stop whining that a Elite Specialization built around Healing doesnt do Zerker damage…

in Ranger

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

sorry to say this but I think you are one of those simple minded people. We the real ranger players does not like the IDEA of healing DRUID since we first chose this class for dps and not to be someone’s pet to heal them and be useless in pvp. you sir are like everyone who does not understand the fact that you bought a car and a net traded a shiny cart to replace it. that is how it is here, since I know you would not understand this so to make it easier. the Car is your current ranger and the cart is druid, get it?

in Ranger

Firebird Gomer.9563

Thats why you have this thing called off weapon….. learn to switch and stop whining that a Elite Specialization built around Healing doesnt do Zerker damage…

Please show me where I have made a point about Zerker damage. You seem to be able to see invisible text that I have not typed.

in Ranger

Posted by: lxghostxl.5097

lxghostxl.5097

ranger is a dps class. you want us players who paid for the game and chose this class to be a healer and if we dont like it we don’t play it? LOL! you are fooled by ANET and it is expected since not so many out there control their own brain. you were just told by ANET to be a healer in a game where healers are not required LOL!!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rutee.1058

Rutee.1058

ranger is a dps class.

Druid ain’t.

you want us players who paid for the game and chose this class to be a healer and if we dont like it we don’t play it?

Yeah, basically. I expect you not to use the druid specialization outside of some lockdown builds if you don’t want to heal. Have a cookie.

LOL! you are fooled by ANET and it is expected since not so many out there control their own brain.

I am getting too old for these kids, I swear to youkhrist.

you were just told by ANET to be a healer

Well, no. If I find it enjoyable in this game, I may choose to be a healer, though.

in a game where healers are not required LOL!!!!

Statement assumes facts not in evidence, unless you’re a time traveler who played through Raids.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

sorry to say this but I think you are one of those simple minded people. We the real ranger players does not like the IDEA of healing DRUID since we first chose this class for dps and not to be someone’s pet to heal them and be useless in pvp. you sir are like everyone who does not understand the fact that you bought a car and a net traded a shiny cart to replace it. that is how it is here, since I know you would not understand this so to make it easier. the Car is your current ranger and the cart is druid, get it?

I have no idea who you are. I think this is the first time I’ve ever seen you on the ranger forum. To declare yourself “a real ranger player” while insinuating that the rest of us aren’t real rangers is pretty laughable.

I have two rangers. One was made as a trapper condi ranger and another with a desire to be a support beastmaster using shouts and/or spirits. However the core ranger is severely lacking the group support role I wanted. The Nature Magic line just didn’t cut it.

Now there is the druid which gives rangers some much needed group support.

So no, you’re wrong. You do not speak for every ranger player. You speak for yourself and only yourself. Myself and a good chunk of ranger players have been asking for more group support options for a really, really long time. We did not want, nor did we need, our elite spec to give us even MORE DPS since, as you said, core ranger is already a DPS focused profession. Druid was what ranger needed to have more variety in what role we can play in a group.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Title has it all.

Dedicated healer, in a game that doesn’t need dedicated healers.

Another ranged weapon, to go with our 3 pre-existing ones.

We’re still shackled to pets, which are still a fail mechanic.

I’ve got nothing. Shaking my head here.

Well, they seem to think dedicated healers might be needed in raids…

Ranged weapons, in themselves, are not a bad thing and are totally appropriate for a Ranger class.

What is bad (leaving out the healing aspect, for a sec), is that they are inferior, in terms of damage output, compared with their melee counterparts.

If that was not the case, there would be no issue with them.

However, what I do think is weird, is just chucking a healing Druid spec onto Ranger, period.

To me, the two simply don’t go together naturally, at all.

I’m pro the idea of a healing Ranger/Hunter spec, in a game that needs healers, but I never envisaged it using a staff, or being called a Druid.

So, even if it turns out that healing is useful and even if Anet once again accept that ranged does not have to mean inferior DPS (with the appropriate changes) and even if you like the idea of a healing Ranger, you’re still left with this rather weird seeming combination of classes.

As for pets – I think a lot of people chose Ranger for the pet, so it would be wrong to remove them.

I would say give the option to not use them – but the problem is, assuming that option is automatically better (as it probably would be), where does that leave the people who like pets?

Forced to not use them, or switch class?

They should, really, just put in the work to improve pets and change certain, very restrictive, mechanics within the game, which both work against pets (such as the short range of buffs etc.) and also, cause a load of other problems within the game.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

in Ranger

Posted by: inactivehyperaddict.6759

inactivehyperaddict.6759

Nah people saying druid is just for healing is not playing it right…learn your evades and dodge skills…

You don’t need a maxed out healing stat to play as a druid, you can play it like a staff mesmer, you can still focus on condi, power stats with minor healing.

Equip runes that benefit on the low cooldown of your elite’s glyphs and survival, i never had any problems playing it as a fact i think im going to ditch ranger bows and use staff instead.

And finally ooh those cc and movement impairing skills are awesome kb/daze/immob cripple and lotsa bleeding, I could probably wear perplexity runes just for those effects.