Druid with Condition Damage builds

in Ranger

Posted by: Tzozef.9841

Tzozef.9841

I would really like for this to happen. Looking at some of the raid encounters, I want to make an Apothecary build (Toughness/Healing/Condition)

But Staff doesn’t do squat conditions, it applies none. Every weapon applies a damaging condition in some form as Ranger, including Longbow with Vulnerability.

This has to be looked at

in Ranger

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

With as much as we are going to be pressing 1 on staff I would love to see some condi on it. Not a lot but enough to make some kind of impact. This would also make SB a great weapon swap for me. >.> And finally enough reason to make The Dreamer.

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I’m pretty sure it is being looked at. It was mentioned in the megathread.

One of the reasons condi isn’t great with Druid right now is the fact that it doesn’t seem to charge the Celestial Avatar like physical damage does.

I too think that Apothecary or Apostate would be great gear to conceptualize Druid around. It would be the most un-zerk thing ever, still fun and do great damage and support at the same time.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

Just playing around in the editor, not sure what you’re talking about – condi druid looks pretty viable to me.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Just playing around in the editor, not sure what you’re talking about – condi druid looks pretty viable to me.

It’s the things mentioned here:

1. Condis don’t seem to charge Celestial Avatar.
2. Staff has no condis it can apply at all aside from on-crit traits.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

As someone who has an ascended kharka shell that’s been sitting in the bank for years, I sympathize. Here is an idea I came up with, note however that I am not actually familiar with ranger.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWVn0rC1sgtsA2sCEtiFDBDurGWTrNdgTQLgJAM6Kdl8suA-TxSAABacBAES9go1EYkKOOqEEgjAgZK/m+BAwxhAon9HqRHAA-e

In this build, staff is not your main weapon, it will be used for a quick daze in order to proc ancient seed as well as refilling your celestial form(looking back, apothecary staff might be better than cleric in this context).

The new glyph elite is on a really low cool down, making it ideal for an elite skill based rune such as rune of the krait.

Short bow will be your main damage dealing weapon, but we have low base crit chance, so make sure you stick to the sides of bosses and swap your pets frequently in order to land those bleed on crits, speaking of pets, make sure you pick ones that are condition damage centric, as that is probably just as important as doing condition damage yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

One of the reasons condi isn’t great with Druid right now is the fact that it doesn’t seem to charge the Celestial Avatar like physical damage does.

I wondered why Staff was made into a power weapon as it didn’t make sense to me from a practical and thematic standpoint, and I suspected it was because power was the easiest to code/balance for; not because it made the most sense.

While the Druid has potential, it was rushed out to meet a deadline, judging from this and other design choices. It needs a lot of fundamental work done on it imo before it feels polished and well thought out compared to other elites.

I only play Mesmer and Ranger, and Chronomancer is far and away more polished than Druid is. So much so, that I doubt Druid will ever be able to get up to par now that betas are over.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Yeah I feel like they restarted from near-scratch only recently, I remember seeing some data-mined details of ‘Glyphs’ and ‘Aspects’, we still have the glyphs but no aspects. Anyway, lots of tweaks and balances incoming

in Ranger

Posted by: phyrr.4750

phyrr.4750

As someone who has an ascended kharka shell that’s been sitting in the bank for years, I sympathize. Here is an idea I came up with, note however that I am not actually familiar with ranger.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWVn0rC1sgtsA2sCEtiFDBDurGWTrNdgTQLgJAM6Kdl8suA-TxSAABacBAES9go1EYkKOOqEEgjAgZK/m+BAwxhAon9HqRHAA-e

In this build, staff is not your main weapon, it will be used for a quick daze in order to proc ancient seed as well as refilling your celestial form(looking back, apothecary staff might be better than cleric in this context).

The new glyph elite is on a really low cool down, making it ideal for an elite skill based rune such as rune of the krait.

Short bow will be your main damage dealing weapon, but we have low base crit chance, so make sure you stick to the sides of bosses and swap your pets frequently in order to land those bleed on crits, speaking of pets, make sure you pick ones that are condition damage centric, as that is probably just as important as doing condition damage yourself.

I was running almost exactly this build, except i took Refined Toxins and Poison Master instead for some added poison. Also Spike Trap, Viper’s Nest, Entangle. The bleed bombs this can create is pretty sweet, the poison is just a nice bonus.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAVWjMqQNLWuCerAVLWMEM4u6YNt20BSdVNmAwor0VyyOD-TRyCwAQUCC4IAgT9HFHCgS6Acb+rpyvWaCmt/AhAWMHA-e

Dire Trinkets can be replaced with Apothecary.

Hadn’t thought of Elite glyph in combination with Krait runes, interesting choice. Though Entangle is on relatively low CD anyway.

(edited by phyrr.4750)