Duration Increases

Duration Increases

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Not really QoL but I would like to suggest some small bumps in some of our boon and condition durations. Really small adjustments to even things out a bit.

• Flame Trap: Increase base Burning duration from 2½s to 3s.

After Engineers had their Fire Bomb duration increased from 3s to 4s, could we get the same treatment? Albeit, a smaller adjustment.

• Spike Trap: Increase base Bleeding duration from 6¼s to 8s.

Again, just a small bump in the bleeding duration. The added Launch from last year was great, and the increased cooldown was justified. Though, it can use a tiny push for the bleeds as its direct damage is very lackluster.

In trade, reduce the extended duration of Trapper’s Expertise from 60% to 50%. Viper’s Nest, Frost Trap, and Healing Spring with boon duration take a small hit, but all the numbers even out.

• Nature’s Vengeance: Increase base Vigor (Sun Spirit), Protection (Stone Spirit), and Stability (Spirit of Nature) from 1s to 1½s.

This is for those that gear towards 100% boon duration or in party compositions with a Herald using Facet of Nature. That way, these type of setups by gear, party composition, or a mixture of both, can provide 100% uptime on these boons.

• Pet F2 Conditions
    - Fire Breath (Salamander Drake): Increase base Burning from 1s per pulse to 1½s.
    - Frost Breath (Frost Drake): Increase base Chill from 1s per pulse to 1½s.
    - Consuming Flame (Fire Wyvern): Increase base Burning from 2s per pulse to 3s.

Another small increase, but the increases are to align up with Expertise Training. This would bump the Drake breaths to 2s per pulse and the Fire Wyvern’s Consuming Flame to 4s per pulse when traited.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Duration Increases

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Not really QoL but I would like to suggest some small bumps in some of our boon and condition durations. Really small adjustments to even things out a bit.

• Flame Trap: Increase base Burning duration from 2½s to 3s.

After Engineers had their Fire Bomb duration increased from 3s to 4s, could we get the same treatment? Albeit, a smaller adjustment.

• Spike Trap: Increase base Bleeding duration from 6¼s to 8s.

Again, just a small bump in the bleeding duration. The added Launch from last year was great, and the increased cooldown was justified. Though, it can use a tiny push for the bleeds as its direct damage is very lackluster.

• Nature’s Vengeance: Increase base Vigor (Sun Spirit), Protection (Stone Spirit), and Stability (Spirit of Nature) from 1s to 1½s.

This is for those that gear towards 100% boon duration or in party compositions with a Herald using Facet of Nature. That way, these type of setups by gear, party composition, or a mixture of both, can provide 100% uptime on these boons.

• Pet F2 Conditions
    - Fire Breath (Salamander Drake): Increase base Burning from 1s per pulse to 1½s.
    - Frost Breath (Frost Drake): Increase base Chill from 1s per pulse to 1½s.
    - Consuming Flame (Fire Wyvern): Increase base Burning from 2s per pulse to 3s.

Another small increase, but the increases are to align up with Expertise Training. This would bump the Drake breaths to 2s per pulse and the Fire Wyvern’s Consuming Flame to 4s per pulse when traited.

On the traps, if you wanna increase baseline durations it’s fine as long as you nerf Expertise training. That trait alone gives 66% condition duration on traps.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Duration Increases

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

Agreed that flame trap could use some buffs as it’s currently weaker than sharpening stone, which requires much less setup and has other benefits. I feel spike trap is ok with it’s main focus being on the launch for PvP gametypes.

Regarding the changes to spirits, I could see sun/storm spirit getting slight buffs to their pulsing boons when traited, as super short vigor/swiftness feels very underwhelming. The stone and nature spirits however are already extremely strong when traited (Stone is perma protection due to it’s passive proc effect), and perma pulsing stability might be a little too good considering the elite spirit already has an extremely potent heal over time.

I agree with the pet changes, the condition damage from those pets could really use some help.

Duration Increases

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

On the traps, if you wanna increase baseline durations it’s fine as long as you nerf Expertise training. That trait alone gives 66% condition duration on traps.

You hit a point on this one. I’ll update the main post for a 10% reduction on Trapper’s Expertise (from 60% to 50%).

This in turn will mean, with the above suggestions to increase the base duration of Flame and Spike Trap conditions, is a 20% and 28% duration buff, respectively. With Trapper’s Expertise lowered to 50%, it would still be a buff and the numbers would line up.

Currently, Irenio seems to have planned it so with 100% condition duration and Trapper’s Expertise, Flame and Spike Trap durations would be 8s and 20s.

I’d rather have these adjustments so the base Traps are stronger, which would result in Flame and Spike Trap with 100% condition duration and Trapper’s Expertise (reduced to 50%) at 9s of Burning and 24s of Bleeding.

Small increase to damage on 2 traps with drawbacks on the others. Viper’s Nest would lose 0.8s and Frost Trap 0.6s overall per pulse. Granted, this will just mean the numbers would be more even, with 12s on Viper, 9s on Frost, and 9s for Healing Spring (assuming 100% boon duration).

Duration Increases

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

and the increased cooldown was justified.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Piercing_Light

Duration Increases

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

traps needs more work than just more dps. Frost trap has no real use other than a gimick build and the other traps are really weak.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Duration Increases

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Most traps except Frost are fine. Little bit of DPS boost for 2 traps is all I want as I mostly go for low-hanging fruit tweaks.

As for Frost Trap, if I had my way, I’d have it encase foes in a block of ice on trigger for 1s. With that in place, people might look at it instead of Spike Trap for being a better snare and CC on a much lower cooldown.

Wouldn’t change the fact it still hits like a fluffy pillow, but it would turn peoples’ heads enough to give it a thought or glance to place it on their utility bar for a spin or two.

Duration Increases

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Most traps except Frost are fine. Little bit of DPS boost for 2 traps is all I want as I mostly go for low-hanging fruit tweaks.

As for Frost Trap, if I had my way, I’d have it encase foes in a block of ice on trigger for 1s. With that in place, people might look at it instead of Spike Trap for being a better snare and CC on a much lower cooldown.

Wouldn’t change the fact it still hits like a fluffy pillow, but it would turn peoples’ heads enough to give it a thought or glance to place it on their utility bar for a spin or two.

That, and please at least give 1 stun breaker to a trap, so there is an opportunity for people to use more than 1 trap on the bar.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus