Effective Ranger Build Recommendation

in Ranger

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJARTjEqUxaLLOsw1ag+ga9DEAjN7J4D6AXXBA-TpQaQA99HAlBAA

Weapon runes are up for grabs. I like fire/air on bow and intelligence/stun duration on gs.

I just wanted to post this build because it’s incredibly OP and destroys berserker thieves with one rapid fire while signet of wild is active.

Good survivability with great burst. I run the wolf pet with fear and the spider pet with roots but that can also be personal preference.

Not sure why you would want to play thief anymore when this exists…

Oh this is pvp build. I don’t wvw anymore. Too boring.

Just another noob thief…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dis Wiz Raps.7240

Dis Wiz Raps.7240

God I hope you don’t queue with this. XD

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It’s just normal full GC ranger, nothing really new.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

swinsk.6410

I posted this with diff title in thief forums for thieves…

Anet changed post on me.

Actually did a solo q with it and didn’t have a problem. Hotjoins it’s awesome.

Why play teef when you can play this and burst from like 1500 range or so…

Ranger is OP now…

Just another noob thief…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dis Wiz Raps.7240

Dis Wiz Raps.7240

Longbow Ranger was always great ranged burst. I was playing it months and months ago but back then people didn’t really know that all they had to do was close the gap. In fact, most people wouldn’t even realize I was lighting them up from 1500 until they were already downed.

The problem is that this build does very little in the way of point defense or assault which is what the current form of GW2 PvP is all about. Sure you can say you help down enemies and sometimes that’s true, but it’s not nearly as helpful as some people think.

That said, this is a great build for anyone trying to get their Slayer title.

in Ranger

swinsk.6410

I don’t play play pvp to hold points. Just kill stuff…

Every class I play is power/burst :p

The burst is better with patch because rapid fire is quicker…

Just another noob thief…

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

So to sum up, this build is good if you aren’t playing PvP competitively, don’t take a hit from the enemy, and don’t allow them to put a single condition on you…. sounds great, thanks for sharing the basic glass cannon build that all the baby rangers are running!

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I was playing around with a similar concept, albeit, more passive tanky-ness. Thoughts (anyone)? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjMq0saLL+rQ1aABhaVA0+FS2u29RsEfdBbqA-TJhHwAPLDUc/BAPBgAnEAA

I’m not loving that you have two traits dedicated to a burning every slightly more than 10 seconds, especially when it can die without a swarm of AI. Even though it doesn’t move I might consider flame trap for the same thing, you can almost always get people to hop in to it even in WvW*. That would allow you to take something like nature’s protection.

Flame trap might even make you reconsider the torch depending on how it works out. Dagger as both offhands increases your tankiness quite a bit.

*I know you’re talking PvP, but I’m just saying people love diving head first in to flame traps, and conquest makes it all that much more likely.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I was playing around with a similar concept, albeit, more passive tanky-ness. Thoughts (anyone)? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjMq0saLL+rQ1aABhaVA0+FS2u29RsEfdBbqA-TJhHwAPLDUc/BAPBgAnEAA

I’m not loving that you have two traits dedicated to a burning every slightly more than 10 seconds, especially when it can die without a swarm of AI. Even though it doesn’t move I might consider flame trap for the same thing, you can almost always get people to hop in to it even in WvW*. That would allow you to take something like nature’s protection.

Flame trap might even make you reconsider the torch depending on how it works out. Dagger as both offhands increases your tankiness quite a bit.

*I know you’re talking PvP, but I’m just saying people love diving head first in to flame traps, and conquest makes it all that much more likely.

I’d say Eurantiens non-spirit setup for the NM line is preferable then. I actually enjoy the blind a lot on my ranger. The burning is a nice passive and all, but the blind can secure stomps on certain classes and avoid bursts against others, and I like the plays I can make with it in those regards personally.

Then again, it does have all of the constraints of being a spirit and is less teamfight friendly in PvP which I totally understand, and I’m certain that’s probably Eura’s line of thinking on it as well, especially because a 6 second invuln is a pretty fair tradeoff (more than fair).

Variations of that regard aside, I was more curious about the differences in rune choice and therefore primary focus of the build (whether the Poison Master/Orr Rune combo would even be viable).

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ah I see. I do like Eura’s build more. Regarding the rune choices, I have been using krait as my dueling rune lately and really quite happy with it. Celestial + entangle + krait rune + flame trap + maul is a nice little mini-burst. That adds literally nothing to the conversation as I haven’t used Orr runes .

Edit: One other thought, I’ve been really in to the white raven and the eagle lately. White raven does a great job with blind if that inspires anything for you with the new BM traits.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Ah I see. I do like Eura’s build more. Regarding the rune choices, I have been using krait as my dueling rune lately and really quite happy with it. Celestial + entangle + krait rune + flame trap + maul is a nice little mini-burst. That adds literally nothing to the conversation as I haven’t used Orr runes .

Edit: One other thought, I’ve been really in to the white raven and the eagle lately. White raven does a great job with blind if that inspires anything for you with the new BM traits.

I haven’t used dual birds since I switched away from my chill build I used them on because warriors Dogged March/Hoelbrak runes (and Hoelbrak in general) became ridiculously overused.

I’d probably run cats again as a DPS pet, like a Snow Leopard with Intimidation Training, and keep the wolf swap as utility and a tankier pet in general.

I’m really enjoying SotF, SoR, LR, Entangle, and Healing Spring all on the same build in general though. You have MORE than enough cleansing unless you get hit by a condi bomb, and Empathic Bond wouldn’t protect you from that anyhow. There are no situations I ever think “I wish I had Empathic Bond” anymore.

Ummmmm. Don’t remember if I was responding to anything specific at all or not anymore lol. At least we’re semi on topic. People can derive ideas out of the conversation haha.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I haven’t used dual birds since

I actually meant either white raven OR eagle because I always run wolf. But I’ve been having a blast experimenting with every possible trait, weapon, and pet in the update so whatever. Really loving all these possibilities.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I haven’t used dual birds since

I actually meant either white raven OR eagle because I always run wolf. But I’ve been having a blast experimenting with every possible trait, weapon, and pet in the update so whatever. Really loving all these possibilities.

Hahaha I was running dual birds on the build because I was maximizing chill output xD but yeah, I could do that, I still do run owl/wolf sometimes when I want to be a nuisance and chill people (and I’m running pirate runes for annoyingness sake).

I’m actually one of those few weird people that just likes spirits for their uniqueness more than their effectiveness (obviously I don’t disregard effectiveness as part of the equation).

Signet Survival ranger is just so… not show-offy at all lol. I’d put gold teeth and spinning…. rims? Rims on my wolf if I could, just to make it distinct (obviously ludicrous but you understand where I’m going hahaha).