Entangle Changes

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

Is anyone else bummed out with the changes to Entangle? Even though the cooldown is reduced, the net time imprisoned/sec is going down from 1/7th to 1/12th (so to keep the imprisoned time in the same scale as the cooldown, it should only have been lowered to 8 seconds, not 5). It sounds like this is a change that maybe is getting made due to PvP complaints, which then ruins the PvE use of the skill.

On the other hand, since the 60 second cooldown makes this one of the fastest use Elite skills in the game (if not the fastest), will this make Superior runesets that activate on Elites more viable?

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Nothing stays immobilized for the full duration anyway, so it’s not really a big deal. Anything that would survive that long while you beat on it is either another player (would cleanse) or a boss (reduced effectiveness/immunity).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I brought up that same point a few weeks ago, the general response I got was ::::
“Elite Rune effects!”

The skill itself isn’t any less useful, since you can use it much more often in the course of a fight. Most players aren’t even that good with this skill and wont notice the difference in the skill’s uptime, since most of the time, they can’t keep anyone tangled in the vines past 5 seconds anyways (mostly due to a failure to track opponent’s condition clears/equipped weapons).

also, Basilisk Venom will still be a bit faster.

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

As others have said its a huge buff because 1. no one stayed in the vines that long, and 2. it can trigger rune effects every 48 seconds (traited).

Should be good for a condition build, being able to trigger rune of the krait #6 more often, and good for a power build with Lyssa runes for an extra condi removal.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It is a huge buff that might feel like a debuff because we remember those times we killed 5 necros in WvW and don’t remember the time the 5 warriors escaped immediately.

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

And the general response I’m still getting is “Elite Rune Effects!”

….as I already said, most players aren’t even that good with this skill…And that’s not likely to change any time soon.

Every time I’ve fought against a Ranger, they use entangle at the worst possible time, and I just walk right out of it. There was a Ranger that kept track of my condition cleanses and dodges, and used entangle at the best possible time, but that’s way too rare for me to say people are good with this skill.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

with survival build it would be buff as you got 2 more conditions cleanse and fury and add rune which give more boons like migh every 48 seconds

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: BearClops.6713

BearClops.6713

I was bummed out about the lower time in immobilising them…however like Seras.7502 said they usually get out of it before the full duration is up and the lower cool down does mean we can use it more often which Some what balances the short imb time.
Just my thoughts on it

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Entangle wise , the base damage hasn’t changed its still scales the same.

entangle Bombing is going to be awesome with the change Realy tempting to go back to Krait runes for WvW.

Entangle Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Krait runes might be slightly better than they were because of the reduced duration. It means people will move and proc the torment.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]