Entangle hack?

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Serromus Jakta.3987

Serromus Jakta.3987

I just fought a ranger in spvp, who used entangle 4 times in a row… from what i remember the cd for entangle was 60 secs… what do you guys think?

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Or 48s using traits, how would anyone here know what happened? might have been several rangers and you might be mistaken about the timeframe, might have been grove runes aswell as multiple rangers with traited entagle using grove runes who can know?

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Or 48s using traits, how would anyone here know what happened? might have been several rangers and you might be mistaken about the timeframe, might have been grove runes aswell as multiple rangers with traited entagle using grove runes who can know?

I’ve actually ran into this before when one of the dailies was Ranger win sPvP. Entered a game with 4 rangers and a guardian – lol. Entangle city.

Hack though, not heard of anything but will pay more attention.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Serromus Jakta.3987

Mannek, there was only one ranger, i was fighting 1v1, that is why it was strange.. there was nobody around…

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

You sure you didn’t just walk into the root again?

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Doesn’t sylvari have similar root racial skill, Grasping Vines? Maybe he used both.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Serromus Jakta.3987

Atherakhia, i saw the jumping entangle animation 4 times, so no walking into roots and Frou, he cannot use racial skills in spvp.

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Did you just see the animation or did you get immob too? He could have cancelled the cast in an attempt to bate a daze out of you or something along those lines.

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

That’s certainly cancel-casting. It’s also not always intentional, especially in team fights you’re often forced to dodge mid cast.

Immobilizes on a ranger are also pretty common. Many rangers run with 4 or 5 different ones.

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Atherakhia, i saw the jumping entangle animation 4 times, so no walking into roots and Frou, he cannot use racial skills in spvp.

Ah, I don’t play spvp so didn’t know that, you learn something new every day! What about rune of the Grove? Is that also disabled in spvp?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

There is no such hack. Cooldowns, just like gold and health, are stored on the server. Unlikr speed and location of your character, they are stored in the memory of your own computer. If someone hacks cooldown it would be easy to trace and he would go to prison for it.

Maybe the fight took longer then you think, or it was the grove runes aswell, but like you said you saw the animation 4 times. What you could have done is che k your combat log and see how much time there was between the entangle trick

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vepo.4208

Vepo.4208

What Ashkew said.

Character: Doowie – Ranger / Dow Dow – Thief / Unknown – Revenant
Guild: Rebellious New Generation [RNG] / Server: Aurora Glade – EN
Twitch: http://www.Twitch.tv/DoowieEU

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

If someone hacks cooldown it would be easy to trace and he would go to prison for it.

I had a cousin do time in federal for using ride the lightning twice in a row… dude spent three months in the hole just for hinting to his cellie that it could be done. He’s a changed man now though.

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If someone hacks cooldown it would be easy to trace and he would go to prison for it.

I had a cousin do time in federal for using ride the lightning twice in a row… dude spent three months in the hole just for hinting to his cellie that it could be done. He’s a changed man now though.

Funny.

But I think he was referring to the fact that in order to hack cooldowns you would actually have to break into Anet’s servers and hack the server code. That could very well buy you time in prison. It’s the US, after all.

One – Piken Square

Entangle hack?

in Ranger

Posted by: Pewienpan.5168

Pewienpan.5168

4 immobilizes on that build. If he was on stone spirit, there could be even 5.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAV3fjEq0xaLL2sQ1aADhqdLEslArAwdN8CXdJrIK-TJRFwAAeCARLDg4iAka/BA

Same with the LB build, just switch Lighting Reflexes for Muddy Terrain.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0ya/KOsQ1ag+ga9DEAjdrfg9/+BdQJrIK-TJBFwACeCA02foaZAAXCAA

Celestial scrubs, just die already…