Eternal BeastMaster Build. Shouts are OP!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

Hi guise, my name is Pony Pony Run Run, been playing thief since release but since the 15/4 i lost all my lust to play it so i decided to reroll, and my first choice was the so supposed underdog the ranger!

After a lot of evolving from a pretty standard build i decided to give a try to shouts, and the result is amazing.

This is the build.

Eternal BeastMaster

So this build is about keeping 100% regen uptime, paired with Signet of the wild and alot of dodges. Bunker your enemies with a regeneration of 400/sec while your TWO pets completly wreck your enemies faces, your cond damage is crazy strong also. Plus you are pretty much inmune to conditions. You’ve got everything pretty much, dodges, condition damage, direct damage, tankyness and healing.

This can be the strongest 1v1 build i ever played. There is no way any kind of melee player kills you, they will never go through the regen paired with Troll unguent. As far as builds go there is only one or two real counter to that build and it’s phantasm mesmers and condiload Necro, you don’t have enough Aoe to be able to get rid to all those phantasms and necro will just kite yyou forver while spamming his kitten.

Let’s go really fast through all the elements in this build.

Weapons:

• Axe/Dagger = strong soft CC and good condition damage, extra dodge on #4
  • Sword/Torch = Good access to burning and 2 dodges.

A lot of people choose S/D A/T over this setup but i feel like its better to have 1 skill dodge on every set that rather focusing 2 (or 3) dodges in only one set. Plus S/T makes Leaping into firefield alot more viable.

Sigils:

• Geomancy and Hydro: Geomancy for the extra bleeds and Hydro because combining Weapon swap with pet swap will let your pets get some free attacks.

Gear:

• Settlers Amulet: All you need, highest toughness, Healing power and Condition damage. Really stronk.

Runes:

• Rune of the privateer: The #6 parrot is really strong, AA damage ranges from 1,4k to 2,5k and its pretty sturdy which means you’ll have almost 100% uptime on it. The pressure applied by two pets is just insane.

Traits:

• Wilderness Survival: Pretty standard traits here.
  • Nature Magic: Protecion when hit negates burst, Vigorous spirits helps you Renewal spirit not get instamelted (this trait is really optional) and The core of this build, Nature’s Voice which paired with guard will grant perma regen and perma swiftness to you and your allies (including the tropical bird).
  • Beast Mastery: Shout cd, plain simple. Feel free to use this 10 points into another line if you think it works better for you, you have good options like sharpening stones in marksman or Pet Crt dmg in Skirm!

That’s pretty much all, crazy strong build, pretty sure some people are already running it and it isn’t something that new but i haven’t seen it posted anywhere!

Lots of my guildies and people i dueled are already running it and all the feedback is more than positive! so feel free to give it a try and give some feedback!

Keep it clean tho

Cheers :P

(edited by Sons.5493)

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I run a similar build in WvW roaming, and it’s really strong 1v1 and 1v2. Never tried it in PvP though.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Sons.5493

Works crazy good in pvp too, you are able to bunker points like a baws, thieves/warriors/necros anything will not ven scratch you while your pets and conditions melt them away, you can either play really agresive or be super pasive!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

My guildie runs a build similar to this, he uses dwayna runes atm tho. The main problem he has is immobilise in group fights, 1v1 he’s very hard to bring down. Thanks for pointing out the runes, I’m sure he’d be interested in that (as am I) ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

How do you remove conditions with this build?

in Ranger

Sons.5493

How do you remove conditions with this build?

Empathic bond :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

You think sic em helps your damage that much for a 10 second skill? …it helps the parrot?
I just have a problem wasting part of it’s traited benefit.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

You could also run runes for condition remove on shouts. That would be more passive, but better against condi builds.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

in Ranger

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

You could also run runes for condition remove on shouts. That would be more passive, but better against condi builds.

Alternatively, HS over TU. With so much healing power, HS gives as much HP/sec as TU (cooldown time included), and it removes condis. And if you leap through it, then it beats TU. http://i.imgur.com/hFxaCeB.jpg

This build looks fun!

Champion Hunter

in Ranger

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

Shouts sux for me, you cannot get anything down in spvp.

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

poor to see that a thief sees the big potential of shout ranger and the most ranger not

nevertheless its after Beastmaster the most bunker build for ranger and not really viable, for tanking in pvp possible good, as BPD, but as midnight said, its hard to get someone fast enough down to be helpful for the Group, thats my opinion.
nevertheless a nice build, thanks that someone understands that one evade on each set is smarter then two on just one set

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Ranger

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Going to give this a try tonight, with a few minor modifications. Will see how it goes. Usually play a more aggressive, selfish trap build over a spirit ranger. Will post some results, not sure if I will enjoy it.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Ranger

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I tried this build today. It was okay at first, then I hit a wall.

I don’t know how to deal with hambow warriors. They forever chain me with their CCs and I can’t get out of their megacircle fire of doom. With all the knockdowns, my pets couldn’t get in and do their stuff either. And scratching the warrior was impossible. Any advice?

Champion Hunter

in Ranger

Posted by: Saylu.8271

Saylu.8271

Shout regen ranger isn’t anything new. Regen only works well against people who lack abilities to spam poison and/or stuns/cc

in Ranger

Posted by: Juston.6817

Juston.6817

I don’t know how to deal with hambow warriors. They forever chain me with their CCs and I can’t get out of their megacircle fire of doom. With all the knockdowns, my pets couldn’t get in and do their stuff either. And scratching the warrior was impossible. Any advice?

The simple answer is sword #3 and dagger #4. You have poison on each weapon set. Apply it at the beginning and the poison will eat the warriors healing. His first condiremove is his hammer CC or the megacircle fire of doom. Load him up with conditions, and he will die. Watch out for berserker stance (if he uses it, play defensivly and dogde a alot, untill its duration is over)

Greetings juston

in Ranger

Posted by: Juston.6817

Juston.6817

And the most important thing is: dodge earthshaker (the stunning hammer jump)

in Ranger

Sons.5493

To be honest i feel like this build counters Hambow pretty hard, i never had any problems with them, will try to record some fights and see if you can figure out something :P

in Ranger

Sons.5493

Shouts sux for me, you cannot get anything down in spvp.

To be honest all depends on how agresive you play, Condi burst + weapons swap + weapon swap + f2 deals a lot of damage on demand (if the pet feels like attacking lmao)

in Ranger

Posted by: Schmir Noff.7953

Schmir Noff.7953

Sons, can you say something about your pets choices. Why for example owl instead of wolf?

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Sons, can you say something about your pets choices. Why for example owl instead of wolf?

I use Owl exclusively. The reason I would take it over Wolf is for the extra 60%+ damage or so along with the 3.25 second chill every 20 seconds and the 14.5 seconds of AOE swiftness to allies in a 1200 range. That, and it compliments my tourny build perfectly.

Is it better than Wolf? That’s up to you to decide. It comes down to whats needed. CC and decent damage? Or, little CC and lots of damage.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Sons.5493

I choose owl because it has the best dps and is the burstiest of all the pets (is that even a word?) 3s chill on demand is great, the only problem i can see with birds is that sometimes their attack speed is a problem against highly movile enemies.

On swap i use jaguar, why? Stealth is great for undetected damage, and i can Owl f2 and weapons swap for 5 secs chill then swap to Jaguar which is a feline those having the biggest dps (overall, a lucky crit on a canine will do more dmg). Plus felines work fairly good, good atack speed and steady dps!

I tired others, kyrtan drakehound being my second favourite for the Aoe root, which really helps landing some skills ( could go spider too but spider dps is meh).

Wolf is cool too, but again i dont need the fear all that much.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Birds are bursty, but cats have higher dps than birds.