Evasive Purity

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I keep taking this trait as it is handy, but I really wish it was “dodging removes poison and one other condition from you AND your pet”.

We really need more condi removal for the pet.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

It would be a bit strong for the ranger , mostly if you benefit from wilderness survival traits line too. I see no reason for you to remove 10 stacks of bleed buy simply dodging.

But i agree that ranger is the only class who have such a punishement clean mechanic. Am usually a hard counter to moderate/non cheesy condi build. But when i fight an heavy conditionner, the fight become suddenly unfairly hard compare to other classes since you have to take constantly a hard look to your pet while fighting, and despite that am pretty sure to lost one if not both my pets whatever the outcome of the fight.

Empathic bond shouldn’t affect the pet.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

(edited by borya.2964)

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

It would be better if ““dodging removes poison and one condition from your pet”. Otherwise its OP, rangers have enough ways to clear conditions already.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

borya.2964

[…] rangers have enough ways to clear conditions already.

That’s not the point.

I found this old duel to illustrate what i said above. I assume that i was quiet terrible during this fight since i didn’t expect this cheesy condi perplex build. But i made at least half of the mistakes because i was checking/worried about the pet HP/CD, there is so much thing to take care when you’re fighting, the passive clean mechanic of the ranger simply adds an unfairdifficulty/punishement. I had EB + SoR and i did my best to keep my pets alive. I know the game is not around 1vs1 but there is still something wrong here.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

It would be better if ““dodging removes poison and one condition from your pet”. Otherwise its OP, rangers have enough ways to clear conditions already.

No, they don’t. Rangers have plenty of ways to move conditions to their pets, which is a terrible mechanic. When warriors remove blind, they don’t make their next adrenal skill miss.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

It would be pretty nice to have more ways to remove conditions from pets. Problem is that said methods would have to scale up a lot to keep pets alive in zergs.

All I can think of is something similar to outnumbered that polls the number of enemies around the pet and reduces incoming condition duration by x% per enemy. Would be resource intensive for the server though for little overall benefit.

In duels, I never struggle with keeping the pets alive. Even with birds they have to do 30k damage to the pets (due to swap) before one actually dies. If your enemy manages that and you haven’t killed them because they’re completely ignoring you idk what happened.

In that duel you posted your problem wasn’t the pet, it was that you had no idea where the warrior was for greater than half the fight. If you haven’t already started, I would learn to make use of free camera and pull your zoom all the way back, it makes a massive difference.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

A bit of offtopic question.

Does the internal cooldown of Evasive Purity proc even if I have no poison / blind attached?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

But pets that die and miss is our core mechanic!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

borya.2964

In that duel you posted your problem wasn’t the pet, it was that you had no idea where the warrior was for greater than half the fight. If you haven’t already started, I would learn to make use of free camera and pull your zoom all the way back, it makes a massive difference.

I usually did but i couldn’t say why i had this zoom issue, probably from my gaming mouse since i change the keys very often outside of GW2. But i don’t know if it would have change something for my pets. Perplexity is even worst cuz the pet can still attack if he takes 10 stacks from me. And as you cant’ see the conditions on your pet, it’s a double pain.

I think that at least SoR or EB (should be better since it’s a GM trait) need to be changed.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

No, they don’t. Rangers have plenty of ways to move conditions to their pets, which is a terrible mechanic. When warriors remove blind, they don’t make their next adrenal skill miss.

Yea, I know empathic bond. The thing is, Evasive Purity is conveniently in the same trait line as Survival of the Fittest. The condition cleansing of builds that invest in that trait line will become too OP. However, I do agree that conditions on pets is a bit of a problem and that evasive purity should remove 1 condition from pet as well.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I would love if Evasive Purity removed Poison and Blind from the pet as well. Heck, IMO every condition cleanse Ranger has should also affect the pet as well. Its far too easy for your pet to become laden with conditions and there are precious few ways to fix that. Swapping does it, but you generally have more important things to use your swaps for (like making sure your pet doesn’t get downed). Healing Spring helps, but only if you and your pet are in the same place. I might actually take Evasive Purity a lot more often if I could get rid of some conditions on my pet.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I think that at least SoR or EB (should be better since it’s a GM trait) need to be changed.

EB would be nice if it was something like “Draws 3 conditions every 10 seconds converting them to boons”.

That way they can keep their dumb idea of drawing conditions, but give pets a nice buff.

Evasive Purity

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You couldn’t really make EB do that, it has two positives then. Ranger loses the conditions, pet gets buffed.

Perhaps if the conditions stay on the pet and the pet gets the opposing boons to those conditions also.

Or make it “Transfer 3 conditions to your pet every 10s, you pet has -50% incoming condition duration”.

Either way, Evasive Purity needs to remove conditions from the pet too.