Evasive Purity is broken.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Don’t bother picking up the trait for now. It does absolutely nothing.

I made an official bug report here:
http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Evasive-Purity-trait-broken/first#post2294365

Feel free to test and confirm the bug in the topic and report it by using /bug in-game.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s still working like the old Spirit Knowledge trait, but I can’t be bothered to check.

in Ranger

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

incoming hotfix in 4 months

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Yes it is I already reported too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

When I tested it, it seemed like any in-combat dodge triggered the cooldown, whether you had the conditions on you or not. Even if it did work properly, though, it’d still be a terrible trait.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

When I tested it, it seemed like any in-combat dodge triggered the cooldown, whether you had the conditions on you or not. Even if it did work properly, though, it’d still be a terrible trait.

I already tested this by not dodging at all until I got hit with poison or blind. It didn’t remove anything.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

You guys need to report this bug too.

Go to the bug forum thread and add a reply. Test it out for yourself if you have to. Also write a report in-game using /bug to bring up the bug report.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Don’t bother picking up the trait for now. It does absolutely nothing.

I made an official bug report here:
http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Evasive-Purity-trait-broken/first#post2294365

Feel free to test and confirm the bug in the topic and report it by using /bug in-game.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s still working like the old Spirit Knowledge trait, but I can’t be bothered to check.

It doesnt remove the condition on roll? This trait is working as intended.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Haven’t people said that the stability trait for pigs doesn’t work? It’s like they know that no one uses these, so just decided to make them do nothing…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I heard from another player yesterday that evasive purity has never worked. :/

Which makes me a little sad that this slipped passed QA. You’d think they’d catch this stuff? I’ll test it tonight and report back.

It’s actually solid pvp removal for a master trait. What a shame.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I used Evasive purity since the dawn of time in PvE and PvP… until they made it a master trait then i dropped it for other stuff, yes i’m weird don’t judge me…

That being said, an issue it has ALWAYS had is that if you dodge, or evade, AT ALL it will count you as “using it” IE if you serpent strike with nothing on you it will count you as dodging for what ever reason and then it wont work when you need it to. It’s stupid and i’ve sent in a small army of tickets on that thing, but THANK GOD they fixed the bug (stealth fixed) that allowed it to remove Chill! That was really detrimental to the skill!

That being said, it’s still a good trait, if you use a bow or axe, or even just use serpent strike to evade instead of offense it should have no issue, just dodge roll when you need to.

TLDR: It works, just anytime you dodge it goes on CD

PS: This issue doesn’t apply in PvP ONLY PvE

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

It’s one of the many traits that do nothing.

1. Concentration training doesn’t do anything.
2. Compassion Training is iffy at best.
3. Agility Training does nothing.

And on and on. Guess I’ll add this one to the list of traits that do nothing.

Seeing a pattern yet?

Yes, expect more nerfs and no fixes. to the class. It’s kind of what’s been going on for a while . . . sadly.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

It’s one of the many traits that do nothing.

1. Concentration training doesn’t do anything.
2. Compassion Training is iffy at best.
3. Agility Training does nothing.

And on and on. Guess I’ll add this one to the list of traits that do nothing.

Seeing a pattern yet?

Yes, expect more nerfs and no fixes. to the class. It’s kind of what’s been going on for a while . . . sadly.

all of those traits work, but they all require your pet being in combat. Not to mention Agility Training doesn’t stack with swiftness or sig of the hunt, or Sic’Em, or any other movement speed boost which normally makes it so that you don’t notice it.

in Ranger

Ardenwolfe.8590

Ah. Well, the Agility Training not stacking makes sense. Thanks for the other explanations. Yeah, I tested all of them either out-of-combat or with a speed buff already up.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Ah. Well, the Agility Training not stacking makes sense. Thanks for the other explanations. Yeah, I tested all of them either out-of-combat or with a speed buff already up.

Agility training, swiftness, and Sic’Em used to stack, god those were the good ole days lol, but no problem!! compassion training boosts the pet healing by 350, and the concentration training boosts their boon duration by 50%, both are VERY nice traits.

in Ranger

Ardenwolfe.8590

Thank you again. I knew, at some point, they did, but I had no idea why they stopped. On that note, I would be all over Concentration Training if it stacked with say ‘Guard’ and the benefits from ’Nature’s Shout’ or whatever it’s called.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Ardenwolfe.8590

On that note, I just tested Concentration Training again . . . in combat. It didn’t do jack with the pet’s buff. I used the Red Moa, the fern hound, anything that could buff itself while in combat.

No change.

However, there was an increase of healing by twenty points with the healing from Compassion Training.

Evasive Purity did nothing at all.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Pet buff durations have always been affected by the ranger’s boon duration, not the pet’s. I imagine Concentration Training gives boon duration to the pet, which doesn’t do anything, as a result.

in Ranger

Posted by: DickerKoenig.7895

DickerKoenig.7895

Pet buff durations have always been affected by the ranger’s boon duration

But only in the tooltips and not in the actual duration.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

On that note, I just tested Concentration Training again . . . in combat. It didn’t do jack with the pet’s buff. I used the Red Moa, the fern hound, anything that could buff itself while in combat.

No change.

However, there was an increase of healing by twenty points with the healing from Compassion Training.

Evasive Purity did nothing at all.

We’re YOU in combat? Or was your PET in combat? There’s a huge difference between the two.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

They should add torment removal to evasive purity when they fix it. It is “evasive” purity, after all, and if there’s anything you want to evade out of it’s Torment.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

They should add torment removal to evasive purity when they fix it. It is “evasive” purity, after all, and if there’s anything you want to evade out of it’s Torment.

Remove Blind then, 3 condis would be too good, and out of line, for a Master Trait.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

Yeah poison and torment would be fine. You can remove blind from doing an auto-attack anyway.