Ever been outnumbered?

Ever been outnumbered?

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

The past couple months I have started to gravitate more towards pvp and wvw play. I’ve found the ranger to be an incredibly strong 1v1 class and will win the majority of duels I end up engaged in.

I find though in 1v2 or 1v3 that I tend to fall short. Obviously any player who is outnumbered is at a big disadvantage. I’m wondering though if any of the more experienced ranger players on this forum have strategies that help them either win or last long enough for support to arrive.

Ever been outnumbered?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

In 2 on 1, I’ve found the best luck in focusing burst (as much as the class can manage) on the squishier of the two and then using the SB to strafe the other while my pet chips away at the downed player which doesn’t take terribly long with a cat or raven.

To be honest, the only class I have ever seen take on a 3v1 against good players is a thief speced for stealth but then running away isn’t the same as winning.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Ever been outnumbered?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

With piercing arrows and a trap build you can win 1v3s, if you can get your oponents to run through your traps while you have them off cooldown. First set of traps, entangle, second set of traps, and circle with piercing shortbow.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Ever been outnumbered?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

In 2 on 1, I’ve found the best luck in focusing burst (as much as the class can manage) on the squishier of the two and then using the SB to strafe the other while my pet chips away at the downed player which doesn’t take terribly long with a cat or raven.

To be honest, the only class I have ever seen take on a 3v1 against good players is a thief speced for stealth but then running away isn’t the same as winning.

I’d say eles are the masters of 1vX, with rangers in second place.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Ever been outnumbered?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

If you can eliminate one as fast as possible your chances of winning drastically improve so try finding who is the weakest one quickly and kill him fast, 1v2 I find is pretty easy to come out the winner sure enough they still have to be either sloppy, bad or have some bad luck aswell honestly or simply underestimate you because you’re alone and are sloppy because of that, if it’s 1vs3 they probably have to be idiots to lose but it happens too.

RaO is my favourite elite, stability is increadibly strong when fighting multiple people cause getting rooted or stunned at the wrong moment can get you nuked very fast.

I don’t know if there’s much advice that can really help I think you need to be built very tanky as a ranger regardless of how good you are at dodging the right skills though so speccing heavily for survival is the first thing I would say, try and eliminate any weakness in your own build and then just go do it until you find what works for you.

(edited by Manekk.6981)

Ever been outnumbered?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

With a bunker/regen oriented build you can do quite well 1vX,

A number of us have put 1vX videos out the majority of which tend to be bunker based though there are some exceptions.

All depends on the skill/play and classes. If you come across two skilled players on strong classes working together then you chances of victory diminish greatly.

Ever been outnumbered?

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

You need aoe to do well in outnumbered situations. The only builds that provides that for rangers are the trapper builds. A drake F2 doesn’t count since it is very unlikely to land and entire burst on one person, let alone 2 or 3. Try a trapper/bunker and you can actually win 1v2 with relative ease, even against good opponents if they make the mistake of getting too close to each other. If they play it smart (1 stays far away with ranged poking you while providing utility and the other pressures in your face) you won’t win unless you can down one fairly quick and pull off the stomp.

A bm build will only work if one of them is dumb enough to let your pet kill them quick, and if this happens they aren’t very good.

Ever been outnumbered?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Drakes cleave attacks are quite useful when facing several opponents, I tend to use drakes more and more in pvp.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user