Everyone calm down

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: neville.3420

neville.3420

As the title states, the druid is two BWE’s behind in terms of polish and balance.

Looking at those elite specs that had three full weekends, it’s clear that the extra time is needed to get those elite specs in the right shape.

The coming time may be turbulent and yes the nerfs have really sucked, but we need to be patient. Being demanding and condescending to the developers, especially Irenio, does nothing but make us as a community look bad.

Give it a few weeks. Sure – if we’re still in a bad state, you can cause an uproar. But the expansion has only been out for one week and everyone is freaking out.

Calm down.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Hokeypokey.2135

Hokeypokey.2135

This is seriously the first time in a mmo where I’ve considered rerolling to a new class. If i didn’t have 100% map completion and full ascended on my ranger I’d be playing something cheesy like a elementalist or revenant

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

neville.3420

This is seriously the first time in a mmo where I’ve considered rerolling to a new class. If i didn’t have 100% map completion and full ascended on my ranger I’d be playing something cheesy like a elementalist or revenant

If you don’t have any alts I suggest you do! Every class plays totally different – I have 6 alts and I switch between them constantly whenever I want a breath of fresh air!

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Tenne pls some of us have been waiting 3 years.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

As the title states, the druid is two BWE’s behind in terms of polish and balance.

Looking at those elite specs that had three full weekends, it’s clear that the extra time is needed to get those elite specs in the right shape.

The coming time may be turbulent and yes the nerfs have really sucked, but we need to be patient. Being demanding and condescending to the developers, especially Irenio, does nothing but make us as a community look bad.

Give it a few weeks. Sure – if we’re still in a bad state, you can cause an uproar. But the expansion has only been out for one week and everyone is freaking out.

Calm down.

Much of the problem comes because Rangers, in general, HAVE been patient. There are bugs that have existed since the game launched that have not been addressed. Pet AI is weak and pets themselves are generally poor—there are few pets that see consistent use by Rangers. Rangers have seen nerfs that have crippled skills and weapons (shortbow, spirits, and many others), but remain unchanged. With Druid, we have seen many nerfs already that have been extremely heavy-handed—but no buffs, save for the reversion of CAF degeneration.

Being calm did not get anything fixed. It is unlikely that the current uproar will get anything fixed. That is up to the developers. However, the frustration is perfectly understandable under the circumstances, and people would like to make their frustrations known so that the developers cannot honestly say “Well, we thought that Ranger/Druid was in a good place based on user feedback.”

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

neville.3420

Calm down.

Much of the problem comes because Rangers, in general, HAVE been patient. There are bugs that have existed since the game launched that have not been addressed. Pet AI is weak and pets themselves are generally poor—there are few pets that see consistent use by Rangers. Rangers have seen nerfs that have crippled skills and weapons (shortbow, spirits, and many others), but remain unchanged. With Druid, we have seen many nerfs already that have been extremely heavy-handed—but no buffs, save for the reversion of CAF degeneration.

Being calm did not get anything fixed. It is unlikely that the current uproar will get anything fixed. That is up to the developers. However, the frustration is perfectly understandable under the circumstances, and people would like to make their frustrations known so that the developers cannot honestly say “Well, we thought that Ranger/Druid was in a good place based on user feedback.”

I’ve been a ranger main since day one so I’m right there with you. But as far as the Druid tweaking goes: it’s only been available for one week.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

I have been patient with my beloved ranger (GW1 main for the entiry game) for 1,5 – 2 years. All I saw during this 2 year, and since then continuously that Rangers are and will get nerfed forever, because GW2 has been made for 5 year old childs who does not know how to encounter them.

They freakin’ destroyed so many builds I can’t tell… basically they have killed short bow, spirit and trap ranger.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Why would we keep calm?

The druid is mostly useless and still gets kicked in the teeth with a 10t hammer.

It is not our fault that we only got one beta weekend. It is not our fault that the specialization didn’t get enough testing.

The rangers experience is, that if you wait for things getting better while keeping calm is that you can wait forever and things will only get worse.

So here we go, from what we have learnt in the past:

FIX THE EFFIN’ DRUID AND WHEN YOU ARE ON IT FIX THE EFFIN’ RANGER! YOU HEAR ME?!

That’s how much I will calm down…

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

We just don’t want a repeat of the first 2 yrs of GW2 launch.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

We only had a weekend of beta because of their marketing choices. They released class information and classes in beta step by step to create hype around the expansion. Good for their $$$ but bad for class balance as we didn’t have enough test on druid.

That’s their mistake. We pay for this. Why would people calm down?

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

We just don’t want a repeat of the first 2 yrs of GW2 launch.

I’d say we’re already getting that.

Headdesk

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Everyone calm down, there might be more nerfs ahead :P

Lingering Light in beta was useless. The wisp theme was great though.
Lingering Light on release date was OP because of the blind spam.
Lingering Light post nerf is weak, but not as weak as it was in beta.
So on average it’s still buffed compared to beta, which to be honest, isn’t hard to accomplish.

The druid trait line is looking weak. Natural Mendor still forced and there is not an all-round good GM trait to be seen. All Druid GM traits are gated behind something else:

• Grace of the Land is gated behind Celestial Form
  • Lingering Light is gated behind healing allies
  • Ancient Seeds is gated behind hitting something that’s CC’d

The best all-round GM trait is still Lingering Light and that only because it can be applied to the pet. But it’s not strong enough to be called a GM trait and therefore the Druid trait line is weak. If it wasn’t required to equip staff I wouldn’t even consider picking it.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

It’s not as if it wasn’t pointed out that a class who has been pretty shafted for the last 3 years getting 1 BWE was a bad idea. Hell people even claimed it must be because it’s perfect and doesn’t need much testing.

It’s just an extremely poor showing from Anet, again.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Ronorra.1530

Ronorra.1530

Give it a few weeks.

Calm down.

Sorry, nothing personal but we have been waiting for 3 years and all this time we have been the laughing stock of this game. I bought HoT on the prospect that Ranger would actually get some quality time with fixes for the crap that has been lingering for so long but guess who got suckered in with empty promises from Irenio.
Waiting for Irenio to screw up Ranger/Druid even more is not an option for me anymore, if a game cannot provide me fun but is aggrevating like GW2 is now, it is time to throw the towel into the ring and give this whole mess a big middle finger and do something more entertaining.

Again, nothing personal to the OP, but kitten waiting. Enough is enough.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: RebornbyFire.7913

RebornbyFire.7913

I mean… I just want to say, particularly since the change to core specializations a few months ago, my Ranger has always felt flipping awesome. Especially now. I do tons of damage, have multiple means of easily maintaining permanent swiftness, fury, and regen on myself, my pet, and often most of the party, as well; I have all kinds of useful abilities and allies for various situations, and Druid is a ton of fun to play and offers a potentially very powerful new means of supporting parties/groups in dangerous areas/encounters. I see far, FAR too much whining on her. Yeah, Lingering Light’s nerf kind of sucks (and I feel like the ICD makes it a bit too unpredictable to be terribly useful, now), but, really, it’s still pretty powerful, can still be useful with traited glyphs and other things, and, to be perfectly honest, it was all kinds of broken before. Just relax; WHaO is one of our best skills now, because Irenio and the rest of the team kept an eye on it and fixed it to where it needed to be — and it was still an excellent skill before the buff! If LL sucks after the update and some play time, they’ll fix that too.

Can we please go back to constructive suggestions, instead of constant whining and conspiracy theories?

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Why have you not yet?

I have full ascended on my ranger, map completion, as well as champion hunter title in PvP…. and its the only class since I thought I would play it the most … I was wrong but I don’t regret for a second changing to a better all around class now…

I actually main ele/rev now…both of which are miles ahead of RANGER as an OVERALL PROFESSION right now….

Druid is more a healer spec than I would like it to be, so that made my choice even easier… I didn’t create a ranger in hopes of anet turning its best spec into a healer….

I have NO LOGICAL reason to continue playing this abomination of PROFESSION when there competent classes out there that don’t kitten the people I play with or have better use than spamming heals…

Ranger, as a profession overall is still hilariously OUTCLASSED (outside of healing spec, thats the ONLY thing rangers do extremely well now, all other specs are mediocre to average.)

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I wonder how many people would cry about http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blinding_Surge_%28PvP%29/Skill_history if it was still around.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I wonder how many people would cry about http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blinding_Surge_%28PvP%29/Skill_history if it was still around.

That’s not a good comparison. You can’t compare an elite skill from gw1 that you had to cast to traits like LL or Blinding Ashes that are passive procs.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

That’s not a good comparison. You can’t compare an elite skill from gw1 that you had to cast to traits like LL or Blinding Ashes that are passive procs.

It’s also cast very quickly and blind was way more potent in GW 1. All good GvG teams had a Blinding Surge ele or melee train spikes was murdering their target. It’s a lot harder to break a spike with passive procs.

(edited by Lévis.5489)

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

It’s also cast very quickly and blind was way more potent in GW 1. All good GvG teams had a Blinding Surge ele or melee train spikes was murdering their target. It’s a lot harder to break a spike with passive procs.

No it’s not. It’s easier because it’s random. In gw1 you actaully had to predict spikes and then cast. With LL you just blind spammed every 3s. Can’t compare active skill of the player to passive procs.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: scaramanga.4915

scaramanga.4915

We have been patient long enough. Anet has constantly abused the ranger class and we have been behind since the beginning. Now you keep nerfing the new druid/ranger and just wont stop screwing the class over.
This game wasn’t free you know? We paid for the kitten thing and the expansion. So anyone that says go roll another class , just needs to shut the hell up.
You keep nerfing , and call it balance but you have no idea how to balance a kitten thing.
You put 2 of our new pets behind a 2 hour map event, that if you are on a lower pop server, most people aren’t event helping to complete , so you screw the class AGAIN.
Now more changes <NERFS> to the Druid part of the ranger and WAMMO you just wont stop being IDIOTS.
Sick of this crap , and I for one wont buy 1 more gem or special kitten until you stop screwing over the class I got the game for , to play.
To many kitten whiney cry babies come on the forums and kitten about things and then Anet just nerfs it, and then Most of those same people come here and tell the ranger players to reroll or stop talking about it.
Well to hell with this crap. Expansion just came out and already tierd of trying to cope with stupid idiots and their idea of fixes.
Pull your HEADS outta your kitten and stop picking on the ranger class, or else SHUV this game.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

LOL what’s your problem? What does calming down help? We don’t even get a single answer on the huge negative feedback. There is NO NEED to calm down at all.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

neville.3420

LOL what’s your problem? What does calming down help? We don’t even get a single answer on the huge negative feedback. There is NO NEED to calm down at all.

Are you surprised you haven’t gotten an answer in that thread? There’s so much vitriol in it that it would be completely demoralizing to participate in it.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

As others have said, we’ve been waiting 3 years.

What we were promised with HoT is not what was delivered.

And the nerfs just keep on coming.

Telling us to “just calm down” is only tossing gas on the fire at this point.

(And Irenio being either vague or AWOL isn’t helping.)

Headdesk

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

As others have said, we’ve been waiting 3 years.

What we were promised with HoT is not what was delivered.

And the nerfs just keep on coming.

Telling us to “just calm down” is only tossing gas on the fire at this point.

(And Irenio being either vague or AWOL isn’t helping.)

Now is a good time as ever to switch profession lol.
The only cool thing about rangers are the new pets….if you wanted to play healer, you got your wish, if not, than too bad, you got nothing remotely new or innovative to what other classes got.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

scaramanga.4915

I personally have max lvl characters of 5 of the professions. Ranger was my first and has been my favorite always even with the constant nerfs and lack of love to rangers.
If rolling/playing another profession is what has to be done, because rangers stay in a constant state of crap, aside from the fact a new expansion is out and they are still last on the pole, then its easier to just shelve this game and switch games.

Already spent the cash for the Xpac and no need to waste money on gems to play a profession I didn’t come to play in the first place. Money is spent , so nothing I can do about that now, but I sure as hell don’t need to waste time playing a game from a company that doesn’t care about ALL of the professions except a select few.

Your idea to switch , is a good one . Just have to switch a little deeper then just class. I will still own the game and can save my money instead of buying gems or anything else. No need to waste time and stress on anets dumb ideas of balance.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Op makes a very valid point. Druid hasnt seen as much iteration as the other elite specs. And we are in a period of iteration…..

That said, through the process of beta weekends devs would jump on the forums and run through a laundry list of changes as well as explaining the philosophy behind many changes.

I made this point in another thread bu i feel it bears repeating. More than the sting of the nerf, i am frustrated by the lack of communication. Anet has crafted a great combat system, but when changes like this occur unannounced it feels haphazard, like they dont know what theyre doing, and like they truly have no idea how to balance their own game. This type of communication leads to alot of toxicity in the community and is the major contributing factor of the current culture of us vs them. Players vs devs.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

scaramanga.4915

If all this negative feedback does in fact get something changed and reworked to the good of rangers, I think Anet needs to be prepared for the complainers to come straight back here and cry about rangers getting some love.

Anet, if you in fact DO something and help rangers, then be aware that you will get the same bunch of kittens coming back here and crying for a nerf , reguardless of how big OR small you help rangers. That being said, STOP and think before you fix something and feel secure in your change, so you don’t backtrack again and listen to the cry babies.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

No it’s not. It’s easier because it’s random. In gw1 you actaully had to predict spikes and then cast. With LL you just blind spammed every 3s. Can’t compare active skill of the player to passive procs.

Did you even play GW1? Blind was vastly more powerful than it is here.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blind

90% chance to miss for the whole duration. You never needed to predict spike because you could just spam the crap out of the skill and either prevent damage or pressure the monk to remove the blinds over and over.

There’s a reason Throw Dirt was a good skill in GW1 but would be terrible in GW2.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

No, no more being calm about this nonsense. It’s beyond ridiculous at this point. And you know what’s sad? We expect more nerfs.

Again, one beta test for a class will result in this kind of nonsense.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

90% chance to miss for the whole duration. You never needed to predict spike because you could just spam the crap out of the skill and either prevent damage or pressure the monk to remove the blinds over and over.

There’s a reason Throw Dirt was a good skill in GW1 but would be terrible in GW2.

Yes, did you? I know that I wouldn’t try to spike when I had blind on me and would call for the cleanse. And you couldn’t just spam the crap out of skills bc there was energy cost and things like enemy rangers and mesmers that could rupt you and Diversion or other cd increasing rupts were a thing.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

If you don’t have any alts I suggest you do! Every class plays totally different – I have 6 alts and I switch between them constantly whenever I want a breath of fresh air!

I second this. I love my ranger, but playing one class all the time gets boring. Also, reaper is a blast. I highly recommend it if you like melee specs.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

• Grace of the Land is gated behind Celestial Form.

Works with traited Glyphs aswell, as the seed they plant is a Celestial Form skill.

Still, 90 % gated tho.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Yes, did you? I know that I wouldn’t try to spike when I had blind on me and would call for the cleanse.

And it would just get reapplied causing your monk to burn energy.

It was the blind equivalent of Crippling Arrow.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Yes, did you? I know that I wouldn’t try to spike when I had blind on me and would call for the cleanse.

And it would just get reapplied causing your monk to burn energy.

It was the blind equivalent of Crippling Arrow.

Throw dirt had a 45 second cooldown. I mean, there were gimmick builds using serpent’s quickness, but if you wanted a troll blind skill, it was blinding flash. Seriously…I hated that skill.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I love druid even after LL nerf (but I do think it could be on 8sec ICD with 4s duration).
Ranger got tons of buffs with HOT people are taking for granted. Condi stats on pets ,the new pets are very strong( not sure about wyverns, haven’t play enough with them) and new buff for WHAO opened so many new possibilities for might stacking and therefore celec builds, ETC….

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

If all this negative feedback does in fact get something changed and reworked to the good of rangers, I think Anet needs to be prepared for the complainers to come straight back here and cry about rangers getting some love.

Anet, if you in fact DO something and help rangers, then be aware that you will get the same bunch of kittens coming back here and crying for a nerf , reguardless of how big OR small you help rangers. That being said, STOP and think before you fix something and feel secure in your change, so you don’t backtrack again and listen to the cry babies.

wat

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Calm down.

Anet also assured us that one beta weekend would be enough, that we wouldn’t be playing the beta version of the Druid on release because the feedback during the beta weekend would be enough.

Looks like Engineer spec had enough time but Ranger keeps seeing quite massive swings in their skill changes, which means that the Druid wasn’t ready for the 3rd beta weekend and sure as hell wasn’t ready for release.

I will not give Anet a few weeks. We’ve given them 3 Kittening**#&#*% years to fix some Ranger problems. They don’t deserve a few weeks. They deserve about til next week, maybe.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

Just wondering what tonight’s “new build” will nerf.

The smart money is on Ancient Seeds.

Headdesk

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

kitten calm.

the balance team, as it relates to ranger, stinks…and has always stunk. 3 years of stink.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

Just wondering what tonight’s “new build” will nerf.

The smart money is on Ancient Seeds.

its coming for sure.

very glad i haven’t wasted any time or HP on druid. they are systematically destroying it one update at a time.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Get your asc set and move to a Daredevil or Scrapper (I prefer scrapper), but still a rev or reaper with exotic gear will perform much better in PvE.
I moved to rev and I finally knew how it feels like to play a powerful class (I have all classes at 80 but none was fully ascended like my ranger), I was impressed by my Ranger when hitting for 4k auto attacks with LB in some events and then with rev I reached ~8k auto attacks with sword, and that hits WAY faster than LB, even when the rev gets its nerfs (if anet cares about balance) it will still be incredible.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Not untill Druids in a Stable place away from the kitten whiners.

Attachments:

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

TC, like the optimism…but a bit naive. If you think Druid has a chance of being good then you haven’t played Ranger long.

Everyone calm down

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Calm down.

Sorry mate, I was calmed, for 3.5 years, it’s time, now or never.
I did learn that from Core GW2 release, i was patient, and nothing happened.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..