Everyone gets a speedbuff

in Ranger

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Signet-of-the-Locust-runspeed-buff
Looks like The devs have decided to give everyone a move speed passive buff
The king of speed buffs has been given another one the elementalist
Why the hell has the necromancer been given a speed buff they sre not supposed to be cruising around like a thief
Ehhh what the hell lets buff the mesmersmove speed too
Leave the warriors and guardians in the dust
Looks like fast move speed combat is new thing
*edit
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/So-signet-of-locust-air-and-the-hunt-are
Looks like mesmer getting speed boost too

(edited by Predator.7321)

in Ranger

Posted by: Volundarhus.7815

Volundarhus.7815

Necromancer has a surprising lack of utility escape/engage, also worse in the armor department. They could use it.

Dragonbrand – Dumaresq
Loch Ness Monster (nnnf)

in Ranger

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

Necros aren’t supposed to be escape easy i think that was stated by a dev
I think they should raise everyones speed to 25% faster at the point
This leaves warriors guards and engineers the dust

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Oh really? lol, so this wont be a buff towards rangers, it’s just scaling everything. This is just pure laziness. Again ranger becomes the slowest WvW mobility class in the game, sup.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Necromancer is understandable, mesmer? maybe. But elementalist? the hell are they thinking? elementalists have no mobility issues at all…

I didn’t get my hopes up, so this isn’t at all surprising. Here we thought they were actually addressing problems with rangers when in reality they were just being lazy and uping it across the board.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Well this just put a damper on my parade. Here we are thinking rangers are getting selective treatment to bring them up to par with other classes+give them specific roles. No, they are buffing speed across the board so in reality we are getting no improvements at all(in regards to speed). With that said I will reserve judgment until patch notes are out.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Oh really? lol, so this wont be a buff towards rangers, it’s just scaling everything. This is just pure laziness. Again ranger becomes the slowest WvW mobility class in the game, sup.

Not so much slowest, rather as fast as everyone else who has, or will receive the speed buff. So instead of pulling last, we’ll now finishing the same as Thieves, Elementalist, and apparently Necromancers.

And comeon people, would you rather SotH stay at 10%? This is most definitely a buff, at least a shared buff, that puts us on par with our peers. Which is what the game should be working toward, each class being on par with the other classes in one way shape or form.

in Ranger

Cloud.7613

Not so much slowest, rather as fast as everyone else who has, or will receive the speed buff. So instead of pulling last, we’ll now finishing the same as Thieves, Elementalist, and apparently Necromancers.

You’re forgetting about swiftness, they all benefit from it and can even spec towards keeping it up. We’re defaulted by movement % and they’re all getting that chance. So no, I stand by what I said, the slowest class. And don’t bring in our elite skill, we shouldn’t be forced to have it on 100% of the time for just the swiftness.

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

You’re forgetting about swiftness, they all benefit from it and can even spec towards keeping it up. We’re defaulted by movement % and they’re all getting that chance. So no, I stand by what I said, the slowest class. And don’t bring in our elite skill, we shouldn’t be forced to have it on 100% of the time for just the swiftness.

I myself would never blow RaO just for the swiftness, I don’t understand why anyone would do this. And I don’t play those classes, so I don’t know, but do they really have 100% uptime on swiftness? If so, how practical is it to keep it up?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wasdclick.1764

Wasdclick.1764

Simple answer… 10% is hardly noticeable. I think they bumped it for Quality of Life reasons.

in Ranger

Cloud.7613

I myself would never blow RaO just for the swiftness, I don’t understand why anyone would do this. And I don’t play those classes, so I don’t know, but do they really have 100% uptime on swiftness? If so, how practical is it to keep it up?

As I said, ranger is on par, or IS the slowest WvW mobility class in the game. Because engineer(even without the 25%) can actually achieve perma swiftness, as can elementalist, necromancer ect.

Is it practical? Oh yes 33% up time movement speed, amazing. I even know people with perma swiftness sets. Ranger just cannot do anything like this.

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

Is it practical? Oh yes 33% up time movement speed, amazing. I even know people with perma swiftness sets. Ranger just cannot do anything like this.

Just to clarify, I mean is the method to maintain swiftness all the time practical? If you have to spec and gear for it, IMO it doesn’t seem worth it.

Also, a simple cripple or chill, which rangers have plenty of if nothing else, will completely override their buff as a result of the speed modifiers work in GW2. This should give us enough space to run and get some breathing room.

in Ranger

Cloud.7613

Just to clarify, I mean is the method to maintain swiftness all the time practical? If you have to spec and gear for it, IMO it doesn’t seem worth it.

Also, a simple cripple or chill, which rangers have plenty of if nothing else, will completely override their buff as a result of the speed modifiers work in GW2. This should give us enough space to run and get some breathing room.

We’re talking about pure movement speed. I, I dont even know what you’re getting at.

You can either spec/gear for it, you don’t need to do both. And even then, doesn’t seem worth it? In WvW it’s very worth it. But you maybe into PvE if you don’t think mobility is worth it in WvW, in which, I guess it doesn’t really matter, but nor does the signet buff I guess.

in Ranger

Posted by: Saintly.8062

Saintly.8062

If you get permanent swiftness using boon duration increases, it has practical applications well beyond just a speed boost.

in Ranger

Posted by: baba.7603

baba.7603

We, the rangers, are like homeless children. Someone came by and gave us a candy then we got all so excited thinking someone actually care about us. Once we came to realize that everyone else get candies too, we are all back to square one.

It is all just talk so far. I will see with my own eyes on Friday about the patch. We shouldn’t even get our hopes up that high according to previous patches.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

As I said, ranger is on par, or IS the slowest WvW mobility class in the game. Because engineer(even without the 25%) can actually achieve perma swiftness, as can elementalist, necromancer ect.

Runes of the Centaur + Warhorn = perma swiftness on any ranger. Not even going to throw in bird pets, which many people were running just because of their superior ability to hit moving targets.

Does it suck being pigeonholed into a specific rune set to have what many feel is a mandatory skill for wvw? yeah sure. but you could say the same about theives being pigeonholed into dedicating their utility slot to a signet, or necros to spectral walk, or to ele’s being pushed into using Glyph of Elements.

there are certainly faults of the class:
-lack of true pet stow
-pets being garbage in wvw because of aoe damage
-pets being garbage because of swing speed
-pets being garbage because of pathing
-longbow mid/short range output
-terrible ranged aoe (1 option, long cd, really?)
-spirits easy to kill
-spirits only moving with 30 pt investment
-lack of escape skills for wvw
-elite skills generally garbage for wvw because of bad pet mechanics, bad spirit mechanics, and the short range nature of the last option.

but lack of perma swiftness wasn’t one of them. not to say im not happy for the buff, cause i totally am. would i rather see us get 1 unkillable spirit of a random animal that follows me around and changes colors to represent the aura we are providing, yes. would i rather be able to use a longbow in a small room without a huge dps loss, yes. would i rather not be pushed into using Snow Leopold Form for an escape skill, yes. would i rather have a pet that didnt die in every skirmish to aoe? yes.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Cloud.7613

Runes of the Centaur + Warhorn = perma swiftness on any ranger. Not even going to throw in bird pets, which many people were running just because of their superior ability to hit moving targets.

Does it suck being pigeonholed into a specific rune set to have what many feel is a mandatory skill for wvw? yeah sure. but you could say the same about theives being pigeonholed into dedicating their utility slot to a signet, or necros to spectral walk, or to ele’s being pushed into using Glyph of Elements.

there are certainly faults of the class:
-lack of true pet stow
-pets being garbage in wvw because of aoe damage
-pets being garbage because of swing speed
-pets being garbage because of pathing
-longbow mid/short range output
-terrible ranged aoe (1 option, long cd, really?)
-spirits easy to kill
-spirits only moving with 30 pt investment
-lack of escape skills for wvw
-elite skills generally garbage for wvw because of bad pet mechanics, bad spirit mechanics, and the short range nature of the last option.

but lack of perma swiftness wasn’t one of them. not to say im not happy for the buff, cause i totally am. would i rather see us get 1 unkillable spirit of a random animal that follows me around and changes colors to represent the aura we are providing, yes. would i rather be able to use a longbow in a small room without a huge dps loss, yes. would i rather not be pushed into using Snow Leopold Form for an escape skill, yes. would i rather have a pet that didnt die in every skirmish to aoe? yes.

Runes of centaur? ;/ lol no. just no.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m not about to look a gifthorse in the mouth.

And I don’t play those classes, so I don’t know, but do they really have 100% uptime on swiftness? If so, how practical is it to keep it up?

I don’t know much about these other classes, but to give you an idea from the ones I do; Engi permaswiftness eats up a tier 1 trait and a healing/utility slot, and the basic idea is that you equip a kit over and over again. Ranger not-quite-permaswiftness eats up an offhand and the pet slots, with the basic idea being that you abuse bird AI as your running past enemies and fill in the mobless gaps with warhorn.

Engi permaswiftness is much easier to do and far more reliable, but it can be kind of a PITA to keep up in combat without throwing more utility slots at it. Ranger’s less reliable and more fiddly to pull off, but you can spec in and out of it on-the-fly*

*(I’ve never really played with pet boon duration traits or runes or anything like that, so for all I know there’s a less flexible build sitting around somewhere that does it better.)

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think other classes suffer from the same things the ranger did with our current movement speed. Previously we always had the warhorn in one of our weapon slots. Movement speed is so important that everyone sacrificed their second weapon to move faster. This stiffled creativity and build diversity. By giving everyone a better signet, we no longer have to bring that one weapon skill that offered swiftness. It opens up build diversity to all the classes.

The original reason for the thief recieving the first and, at the time, only 25% movement speed signet was to give them another option for a roaming build (unfortunately GW2 balance seems to be PvP centric once again). Movement speed is possible via a variety of skills in the game, this change to so many classes is just to allow them to access it without being pigeon-holed into weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: icechai.2079

icechai.2079

For perspective, elementalists are the fastest in the game as they have permanent swiftness with tier 1 aura trait, and a offhand skill that is basically like our sword 2 but without the delay and having to change camera. They also have 2 other traits that can get speed increase.

Mesmers have tier 2 trait with focus offhand for perma swiftness only, and a teleport utility.

Thieves have a teleport bow attack and the signet. And stealth and teleport utilities.

So yeah, I’m definitely thankful for our signet change, but its not like all classes are going to be the same speed. Eles will always smoke you, and thieves will always get away better with arrows and stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

If every class gets this its essentially a nerf to kiting classes.

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Am i the only one that thinks its terribly OP for elementalists to get this? They are already the fastest class by far, how will 25% speed affect this?

in Ranger

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

Am i the only one that thinks its terribly OP for elementalists to get this? They are already the fastest class by far, how will 25% speed affect this?

nope, you are not the only one, after having a deep thought, if i were an elementalist i would not throw of any of my cantrips just to get a lulzy 25% speed signet

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Perhaps what they need to do is cap movement improvement at 25% to resolve the issue entirely.

Or allow the Ranger’s signet to override the movement reduction due to combat and allow them to move at 100%.

in Ranger

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Good luck running from or chasing down elementalists is all I have to say lol.

Thats the one class that didn’t need any speed boost.

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

LOL look at that…. Anet pulls the blinds on you guys again – All of you jumping for joy in that Signet buff thread.

LOL, this is pure gold.

Ele’s Dont need buffs they fly enough as it is….

It was good of me to not celebrate, silly forums when will you ever learn Rangers are the step child no one wants. Specifially Anet staff.

Edited; Oh Mesmers Are getting a buff aswell LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Besides, Signet of the hunt is terrible anyway.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

(edited by thrice.9184)

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Swiftness doesn’t stack with other speed buffs, so this “useless” 25% sets us closer to perma swiftness classes. Also, it’s not like every class gets speed buff (only half of them) AND we don’t know what they get exactly – maybe not as big buff as ppl imagine.

Thh I don’t even why do I try… it’s like no matter what happens ppl will always cry here…

in Ranger

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Um I’ll answer this. It wont affect a thing. Perma swiftness is not necessarily easy to get (the skills you burn to get it aren’t meant for that) but it is doable. Since swiftness stacks with just about nothing it wont do a thing.

Something players have to learn is that swiftness is not the greatest thing for kiting 33% seems like a lot but gap closers are the main kite tool. All GS classes get them (this one included) save mesmer.

BTW like warhorn, dagger in the off hand is the movement for ele. Staff and focus don’t get access to this without out heavy investment in boon duration.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Rune of the Pack, 30 points in nature magic, warhorn, bird pet, congrats you have perma swiftness.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I totally read the title in Oprah’s voice, lol.

Also, Runes of Centaur+Horn for 100% swiftness (for yourself and nearby allies) if you don’t want a talent investment.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

We, the rangers, are like homeless children. Someone came by and gave us a candy then we got all so excited thinking someone actually care about us. Once we came to realize that everyone else get candies too, we are all back to square one.

It is all just talk so far. I will see with my own eyes on Friday about the patch. We shouldn’t even get our hopes up that high according to previous patches.

Lol, what did I tell ya?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Signet-of-the-Hunt-is-still-useless/first#post966317

If you think about what mr. Peters have told us so far, the “buffs to the ranger” are all (more or less) general buffs to the game.

Improved arrowspeed – would most likely apply to all classes using bows
Improved movement speed – several classes are getting this, perhaps all?
Improvemets to pets – quite likely to apply to minions as well (assumption)

So, actually, we have yet to see any specific ranger-only buffs I guess, but hey, on the 14:th we’ll know for sure. Still like the improvements he talked about, but as I said, none of them seems to be ranger specific tbh.

The only actual class specific buff I’ve read about so far, is that thieves are getting a damage buff to pistols.

I think we just have to be patient and see what else, if anything, might be coming our way!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

Rune of the Pack, 30 points in nature magic, warhorn, bird pet, congrats you have perma swiftness.

kinda frustrating though considering:

a warrior needs only the best elite they have already equipped and a warhorn in their inventory along with no traits, runes, or clothing

necro is similar. perma swiftness from one utility skill and a warhorn in their inventory

there are other.. but consider other classes get it running around naked and untraited yet rangers have to put a full 30 points in a line and have a complete runeset along with a certain pet? kinda locks em into a playstyle doesn’t it? most other classes don’t have to build their characters around swiftness.

still.. run speed isn’t the problem with rangers. i don’t know why any sane person would think it is. run speed isn’t an escape and it won’t save your life in a sour situation. rangers need escapes. this all is just going to allow them to get to where they are going to die quicker.

-Desirz Matheon

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

kinda frustrating though considering:

a warrior needs only the best elite they have already equipped and a warhorn in their inventory along with no traits, runes, or clothing

necro is similar. perma swiftness from one utility skill and a warhorn in their inventory

there are other.. but consider other classes get it running around naked and untraited yet rangers have to put a full 30 points in a line and have a complete runeset along with a certain pet? kinda locks em into a playstyle doesn’t it? most other classes don’t have to build their characters around swiftness.

still.. run speed isn’t the problem with rangers. i don’t know why any sane person would think it is. run speed isn’t an escape and it won’t save your life in a sour situation. rangers need escapes. this all is just going to allow them to get to where they are going to die quicker.

As mentioned, use centaur runes and you don’t need any talent/skill investment. Centaur runes also give power (our best stat) and bleeding duration (great for short bow or greatsword builds).

There’s always a tradeoff to some degree and honestly I don’t see why people think that just because our tradeoff comes from picking up a set of runes that doesn’t give quite as many stats as another set is such a big deal, but I guess it’s a moot point now that we’re getting a 25% run skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

As I mentioned earlier. Rangers don’t live in a vacum ….and everything is relative. Yes, speed helps to get around the map. The problem for Rangers was 1. Escaping 2. Catching someone that disengaged.

So a buff is only a buff when your class gets it. Everyone getting a speed boost = the same problems exist. Escapabilty and being able to pursure ..and catch someone.

To me that is the most frustrating thing playing a Ranger. Zerg can catch you everytime and when you actually are winning a fight, the opponent disengages, laughs and runs away…..and you can do bleep all about it.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

As I mentioned earlier. Rangers don’t live in a vacum ….and everything is relative. Yes, speed helps to get around the map. The problem for Rangers was 1. Escaping 2. Catching someone that disengaged.

So a buff is only a buff when your class gets it. Everyone getting a speed boost = the same problems exist. Escapabilty and being able to pursure ..and catch someone.

To me that is the most frustrating thing playing a Ranger. Zerg can catch you everytime and when you actually are winning a fight, the opponent disengages, laughs and runs away…..and you can do bleep all about it.

Agreed, we don’t exist in a vacuum. However, Rangers have some of the best abilities to snare enemies in the game, so it doesn’t matter really what run speed your enemy has if you’ve hit them with chill from your axe, crip shot from your short bow, kick from your sword, immobilize/cripple from muddy terrain, barrage from long bow, crippling talon from dagger, frost trap, spike trap, or any of the many, many abilities that pets have which also snare targets.

I would probably venture to say that we are one of the best if not the best class when it comes to slowing targets. However, the current meta in sPvP generally revolves around people bunkering down on small maps where everyone struggles to stand on a small capture spot. Until this changes, it doesn’t matter much how well we can slow our targets.

For WvW, the importance of speed buffs has more to do with getting to an important objective than it does catching fleeing enemies. The only enemy that will consistently escape a fight from a ranger is a thief and that has more to do with stealth than running speed.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Rangers have some of the best abilities to snare enemies in the game, so it doesn’t matter really what run speed your enemy has if you’ve hit them with chill from your axe, crip shot from your short bow, kick from your sword, immobilize/cripple from muddy terrain, barrage from long bow, crippling talon from dagger, frost trap, spike trap, or any of the many, many abilities that pets have which also snare targets.

It’s a little misleading posting things like this, since we can’t have them all at once!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Rangers have some of the best abilities to snare enemies in the game, so it doesn’t matter really what run speed your enemy has if you’ve hit them with chill from your axe, crip shot from your short bow, kick from your sword, immobilize/cripple from muddy terrain, barrage from long bow, crippling talon from dagger, frost trap, spike trap, or any of the many, many abilities that pets have which also snare targets.

It’s a little misleading posting things like this, since we can’t have them all at once!

It’s also only half the story… while there are ranged snare options, they aren’t adquate at keeping people where we want them given most classes have more ways to close distance and remove snares than the ranger has abilities to apply them and stay at range.

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

Well, yes, but I listed them all because it shows how prevalent snaring abilities are. Pretty much every build will have at least some amount of snaring because the mechanic is embedded in so many skills/weapons and rangers can easily bring a snare without it really costing them much.

I mean, 4 of our 5 mainhand weapons will give you a snare and that’s before you even consider talents, utility skills, or pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

once again though. which classes do not have cripple/immobilize on many of their weapons?

the warrior has cripple or immob on every weapon they commonly use. and with 1 10 point talent all snares become immobs.

-Desirz Matheon

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

It’s also only half the story… while there are ranged snare options, they aren’t adquate at keeping people where we want them given most classes have more ways to close distance and remove snares than the ranger has abilities to apply them and stay at range.

What build are you using where you have this problem?

I mean, of all the popular short bow builds, the swap weapon is usually sword/dagger (gives constant snare on sword main attack and ranged snare from dagger) or axe/torch (gives chill from 3 ability). And of course, if you’re using a ranged weapon, there’s less chance that your enemy will get out of range anyway.

If you’re using a 1h sword, then you’re constantly spamming a cripple on your target which is only lost if your enemy gets a dodge at the right time in which case a crippling dagger will get them snared again.

And what pet are you using? Are you running a PvP build without a wolf?

@ Fivekiller: Guardians are a lot more viable than rangers in the current meta and they don’t have a cripple or chill on a single one of their weapons.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

in Ranger

Posted by: WeWantWaffles.2873

WeWantWaffles.2873

I don’t care. They deserve it as much as rangers do.

in Ranger

Posted by: WeWantWaffles.2873

WeWantWaffles.2873

Rangers have the longest range, and arrows will go quickly enough too. They shouldn’t get a speed buff without other professions (who need to get closer) getting a decent counter. Also, this doesn’t guarantee that your enemies will always have such a signet on them.

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

You guys are soooo whinny, my god. O noes! They’re making other classes speed signets(which are just as worthless ATM) better as wells! But, but, but how will I feels special/better than they are unless my class is the only one to get a buff on fairly useless signets???? Well my class is worthless until they give into my whinnying and implement a ‘one shot’ skill so I can then whine it isn’t aoe and therefore sucks /QQ.

Grow up people…you’re not the only class in the game, let alone the only one that needs help. If you’re gonna spend so much time whinnying at least direct it towards actual problems your class has. Not just ‘/sad my class isn’t mechanic wise OP to others’ seriously…

Don’t you get it? What you said : “my class isn’t mechanic wise OP to others”
That’s wrong, all classes excel in something, why shouldn’t rangers (scouts and medium-armored) and thieves excel in movement speed, while say, necros excel in condition damage?

Every class doesn’t fit into some perfect specialized niche, nor should they. There’s a lot of overlap in abilities and style.

Like the Syvari with summon druid spirit….and norn kinda :P
And a few others, I get what Alex is saying though.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Well this just put a damper on my parade. Here we are thinking rangers are getting selective treatment to bring them up to par with other classes+give them specific roles. No, they are buffing speed across the board so in reality we are getting no improvements at all(in regards to speed). With that said I will reserve judgment until patch notes are out.

Actually, if you look at the changes of the state of PvP as a whole, it’s a forgetable change at best unless the signet ends up stacking with swiftness.
Signet of the hunt blows, makings its passive better doesn’t change a kittenty, kittenty active. At best specs that throw half their stuff into the bird F2 can get a lil use out of the active , but it still is just a massively worse version of assassin’s sig… and no one in their right mind is throwing away a utility slot for a passive ‘mostly swiftness’.
It doesn’t help that with the ranger being a ranger, the tier 3 trait to make SoTH’s active actually effect the ranger does very, very little…
(in S/TPvP)

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

well imo a 10% signet is pretty much worthless. i cant think of any class that would really use one all that much, if at all. i think this will be a good start.

now instead of asking for their signets to stay at 10%, we should be asking for better in combat mobility skills, aside from GS swoop we don’t have much to close or increase (if running away) a gap.

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

You guys are soooo whinny, my god. O noes! They’re making other classes speed signets(which are just as worthless ATM) better as wells! But, but, but how will I feels special/better than they are unless my class is the only one to get a buff on fairly useless signets???? Well my class is worthless until they give into my whinnying and implement a ‘one shot’ skill so I can then whine it isn’t aoe and therefore sucks /QQ.

Grow up people…you’re not the only class in the game, let alone the only one that needs help. If you’re gonna spend so much time whinnying at least direct it towards actual problems your class has. Not just ‘/sad my class isn’t mechanic wise OP to others’ seriously…

This is what is known as ‘missing the point’.

Pre-Launch: Rangers nerfed to hell.

First big balance patch: Every class tweaked in various ways except ranger (not even mentioned).

Second big balance patch: Ranger becomes the Aquaman of Guild Wars 2. We do kick kitten underwater.

Third big balance patch: Rangers are led to believe that Rangers specifically were getting buffed finally. Turns out Anet is just balancing the game as a whole and Rangers happen to benefit from it.

The Point: Rangers have been sub-par since the nerfs in beta. We’ve been told “substantial changes” are coming. I think for obvious reasons people are assuming that means Ranger specific improvements. This isn’t ranger specific so while it’s still a nice improvement it does nothing towards fulfilling the promised “substantial changes” in a meaningful way.

This is really more of a indirect nerf to Thieves, Warriors, Engineers, and Guardians (assuming the last 3 don’t get a comparable improvement to movement) than it is a buff to Rangers.

Edit: I’m still in “wait-and-see” mode until tomorrow. Who knows what else the patch might bring.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

Let down again. Honestly we need to stop believing these devs. Next time one of them comes in here with shiny Ranger buffs they should be met with suspicion at best. I don’t want anyone working on this crap at Anet thinking they’re doing a good job, getting any satisfaction out of the temporary positive feedback we shower them with every time they trick us with worthless “improvements”.

Our core class problems are STILL here.

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

This is what is known as ‘missing the point’.

Pre-Launch: Rangers nerfed to hell.

First big balance patch: Every class tweaked in various ways except ranger (not even mentioned).

Second big balance patch: Ranger becomes the Aquaman of Guild Wars 2. We do kick kitten underwater.

Third big balance patch: Rangers are led to believe that Rangers specifically were getting buffed finally. Turns out Anet is just balancing the game as a whole and Rangers happen to benefit from it.

The Point: Rangers have been sub-par since the nerfs in beta. We’ve been told “substantial changes” are coming. I think for obvious reasons people are assuming that means Ranger specific improvements. This isn’t ranger specific so while it’s still a nice improvement it does nothing towards fulfilling the promised “substantial changes” in a meaningful way.

This is really more of a indirect nerf to Thieves, Warriors, Engineers, and Guardians (assuming the last 3 don’t get a comparable improvement to movement) than it is a buff to Rangers.

Edit: I’m still in “wait-and-see” mode until tomorrow. Who knows what else the patch might bring.

I think you’re missing the point. Class balance isn’t about giving one class a buff just because they received a nerf last patch.

It doesn’t matter what other classes have.

It doesn’t matter how many buffs/nerfs you received last patch.

If something is not balanced it should be fixed because it needs to be balanced, not because you think it’s fair or unfair that your class got x number of nerfs last patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I think you’re missing the point. Class balance isn’t about giving one class a buff just because they received a nerf last patch.

It doesn’t matter what other classes have.

It doesn’t matter how many buffs/nerfs you received last patch.

If something is not balanced it should be fixed because it needs to be balanced, not because you think it’s fair or unfair that your class got x number of nerfs last patch.

The devs said in BETA that the ranger utilities needed work and that they were still missing 3 (turned out to be the shouts). We got the 3 missing utilities and they have continued to say Ranger utilities need work without doing anything about it yet.

You seem to be suggesting Rangers are fine and shouldn’t be balanced ‘just because’. What I’m saying, the devs have said, and everyone else is saying too, is that Rangers NEED WORK and have since launch. They haven’t gotten it yet and people are starting to feel like it’s never going to happen.

The first meaningful buffs to happen to ranger since beta (25% move signet, arrow speed, and pets hitting moving targets) can all be construed as a general game fix because every last one of them effects several other professions. It’s just a reasonable to assume that they were trying to fix a different profession that had the same problems and decided “Well, we have to give rangers the same” as it is to assume they were trying to fix rangers and other professions just benefit from it.

tl;dr Again, Rangers are NOT balanced. They have a lot of problems in utilities, traits, and pet mechanics. They aren’t “horribly broken” but even the devs have said the ranger needs the most work. The problems aren’t going to get fixed with multi-profession buffs/fixes because many of the problems are ranger specific so they need ranger specific fixes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

A few general replies both to the TC and other posts in the topic…

~ No one said it was getting boosted to 25% for all professions. The TC of that post you linked mentioned 25% speed buff, but Jon didn’t. Its possible its just getting improved to better than 10% (because really, 10% is negligable and pretty much not even worth it unless you know you’re not going to be fighting), but not as high as Ranger / Thief.

~ Even if it is 25%, it probably comes down to making speed-based Signets more usable as a whole. Why should Ranger get a usable speed signet but everyone else be stuck with one that barely makes a difference?

~ Swiftness and passive speed boosts don’t stack, so I really don’t see why people are complaining about stuff like Elementalist already having lots of Swiftness access. So they have another option to Swiftness in a decent speed Signet, but the two can’t combine and Signet is still worse, so… what changes? Perma-swiftness will still be fastest. Do people really think the Signet should stay useless just because they already have a different option for speed boosting?

~ All arrows are slow and inaccurate (sans Thief since I think those have homing maybe), why would ONLY Ranger arrows get fixed? Oh god, Warriors can actually hit things with their longbow now too, that totally ruins the fix! I know only a couple people mentioned this point in the topic, but still.

There seems to be a lot of “buffs are only good if only we get them” going around in this thread, which I just don’t agree with at all. We may be the “worst” profession at the moment (though I use large air quotes for that because I think at least half the professions in the game feel like they’re the worst and I’m not really sure how I feel personally), but you can’t really expect the devs to ignore everyone but Ranger. Even if there was one definate “worst” profession, there’s not a profession in the game that doesn’t have a laundry list of bugs and mediocre / bad abilities, and they all need to be addressed. And the best way to do that is to do a little at a time for each profession, and if issues happen to overlap between professions (EG the speed signet issue) then fix them all at once.

No profession wants an empty update. We Rangers know how that feels firsthand, so I find it rather silly that people can complain about other professions getting buffs.