Excited about new pets and skills

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am excited about getting new pets and skills in the expansion pack.

What some skills and pets you all want in the first expansion?
1) Start with weapons you want that already exist,

2)Then tell me what brand new weapons you may want

3) what new pet

4) what new skill of an existing class type

5) what new class skill type and skills to go with it you want

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Tell me I’m not missing something…right?

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Tell me I’m not missing something…right?

Believe me, I’ve looked. Nothing…. think OP found a post from early 2012 and thought it was up to date.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

back to topic:
1)
Main hand dagger (alternative to the buggy one hand sword)
two handed staff (spirit builds)

2) Bo (melee + beast master support)
crossbow (slow dmg, fast interrupts)
whip (middle range, crowd control)

3)
turtle <3,
little pets like racoon or rabbit

4/5)
Something like the skill from the thief to pull enemies.
More Traps especially a elite trap, underwater trap and a trap to reveal thieves
weapon improvements, like poisons from thieves, but with other effects (burning arrows, explosives or something like that)

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

(edited by Aleksander Suburb.4287)

in Ranger

Posted by: Miya.2480

Miya.2480

Yep! I agree with Aleksander. More traps… especially an elite trap.
Maybe for little pets like racoons and rabbits, it doesn’t have to fight but have more of a passive effect?

1. Main hand dagger or a focus. Some of the other classes have focuses for healing or defensive purposes. I think warhorn is close in terms of boons.

3. If necromancers can have 5 pets at a time. I don’t see why we can’t? I know that necromancer minions die permanently, but maybe to make it balanced, if we make a trait to increase the number of pets we have, we sacrifice our own power and survival for power and survival/and more control over our pets.

Ooo! I wish rangers can send their pets out to scout for enemies in WvW maps. Then whenever it spots something, it’ll mark the map temporarily. The downside of this is that it can die alone and take more time to return to you? This might be a bad idea :l

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Should change the mainhand axe into a thrown dagger with identical skills for the mainhand. This way main hand axe can be turned into a real, burst oriented melee weapon.

Staff is also a no-brainer given how terrible this class is with utility/group support. Since so little has changed to improve the Ranger’s useless status in WvW since the game came out, the only way to make it useful is going to be a new weapon entirely dedicated to WvW support.

I think the first attack should just summon fast moving spirit wolves (like the one summoned when 3x rangers use call of the wild) that has a fixed life span of like 5 seconds. So that way if you use the attack far away it may only hit the target once. If you use it point blank you could have a whole pack of spirit wolves on the target chomping away. Better still if you use QZ to get even more wolves.

That would be kinda unique in this game and could be a lot of fun. Would also allow a little versatility in how the staff is used (melee vs range). The only downside I see is it would have the same problem mesmer clones have in zergs where they don’t actually reach the target.

Another skill on the staff could actually sacrifice these wolves. Say you entangle a target in brambles, all the active wolves turn to ‘wisps’ and charge at the target detonating on impact just like a shatter mesmer.

But anyway, could be fun.

in Ranger

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Note to the 5 pet thing Rangers can have up to 7 pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Theodore.6415

Theodore.6415

Sorry, But there is a new expansion coming out??? Could someone post the link?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Should change the mainhand axe into a thrown dagger with identical skills for the mainhand. This way main hand axe can be turned into a real, burst oriented melee weapon.

Staff is also a no-brainer given how terrible this class is with utility/group support. Since so little has changed to improve the Ranger’s useless status in WvW since the game came out, the only way to make it useful is going to be a new weapon entirely dedicated to WvW support.

I think the first attack should just summon fast moving spirit wolves (like the one summoned when 3x rangers use call of the wild) that has a fixed life span of like 5 seconds. So that way if you use the attack far away it may only hit the target once. If you use it point blank you could have a whole pack of spirit wolves on the target chomping away. Better still if you use QZ to get even more wolves.

That would be kinda unique in this game and could be a lot of fun. Would also allow a little versatility in how the staff is used (melee vs range). The only downside I see is it would have the same problem mesmer clones have in zergs where they don’t actually reach the target.

Another skill on the staff could actually sacrifice these wolves. Say you entangle a target in brambles, all the active wolves turn to ‘wisps’ and charge at the target detonating on impact just like a shatter mesmer.

But anyway, could be fun.

Know what would be cooler then burst melee axe? 20 sec cd 12 stacks of bleeding (2sec base duration) cleave condi burst. With 0.6 in power coeff (should allow for power crits up to 4k with signets)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Note to the 5 pet thing Rangers can have up to 7 pets

8 if you use a mini! It won’t do much, but add to the petting zoo effect. And more if you count warhorn 4 birds as pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

10 pets if counting hyena, ogre whistle, rock dog/parrot, mini and full spirit setup

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

What about hounds of Balthazar for +2?
;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Sage ( Support oriented ) Class?

Adventurer Profession

Summons XXX to benefit a group?

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

quote=4625947;Theodore.6415:]Sorry, But there is a new expansion coming out??? Could someone post the link?[/quote]

There is none that I know of.
However my sugestiĆ³ns:
- more variety of pets mechanics. The pets attack is a failure, so i would ask to get rid of it. Some pets attack others for support. Like the regeneration skill from the silvary dog. That could help to make ranger more fun to make.
-pets improve with experecience: better health and more pet skills to choose from to be active. So the ranger won’t be swapping pets all the time.
- ranger only have one pet. Once it’s dead it stays the same as any player. Needs to be resurrected or go to a way point same as any player. This could make the ranger take care of the pet and have it notice.
- because of all this ranger damage shouldn’t be split any more. It’s not fair that any other classistance have much better dps/ condI builds. Also pets should have better stats to be able to survive.
- pets have 3 states: avoid combat, guard me, aggresive.
——————————-#
About skills:
Spirits should be converted to spirits hability. It summoned one that get the skills of the spirit signet.
there should be a trait that make them stay until dead.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

As far as I know, no expansion . . . ever. But +1 for jellyfish on land!

Please?

Or at least let me pick and choose abilities? Mmm. Devourer with jellyfish area heal mist. Yummy.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Am I the only one who starves for a Raptor Pet?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: zero.5316

zero.5316

Yeah, raptors would be very nice (Hopefully dps oriented too so I wont have to feel bad about enslaving cats as a charr <.<)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tohbais.5714

Tohbais.5714

I like that throwing dagger and axe change, also id like a griffon pet.And maybe a stealth oriented skelk pet?