Explanation, please, Ireino (or someone)

in Ranger

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Can we please get a respone for the reason behind the change for astral energy? Limiting us to energy gain when allies are not full health is a huge nerf. Before, building astral energy felt very fluent and amazing, since it gave us a reason to actually use our excessive amount of regen that we have access to. This change helped core Ranger synergize with Druid very well, but now it is a pain to maintain energy effeciently due to the new restrictions.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Don’t forget the staff #1 weapon skill/auto-attack ‘Need a target’ condition too.

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Clearly we had something useful.

And that just isn’t allowed.

Thanks for making us useless in Raids and pretty much everywhere else, Irenio.

Great Job. A+.

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Hah, good try.

People already tried getting ANet’s attention after the Lingering Light nerf, I don’t see them suddenly being competent now.

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Because you guys are rangers and you guys are useful.

We can’t have rangers being useful..

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Ranger

Posted by: SoftLight.2175

SoftLight.2175

so what are we supposed to do in raids now? bossfight starts. the boss deals a kittenload of dmg and you cant heal them up because you cant generate af untill someone is allready diing??? like for real. wasnt druid supposed to be the new heal class? we re just plain useless now

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

so what are we supposed to do in raids now? bossfight starts. the boss deals a kittenload of dmg and you cant heal them up because you cant generate af untill someone is allready diing??? like for real. wasnt druid supposed to be the new heal class? we re just plain useless now

You’re suppose to reroll to a Ele.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

For the life of me, I can’t figure why this change occurred.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

For me, The CA form is best utilized when seeing someone near me take or begin taking huge hits and immediately using the pre-generated AF to go in to CA and start healing.

Now post-patch, we have about half a bar most of the time, someone takes a hit, wait for regen/staff AA/staff #2 to start building back up AF and then go in to CA mode. Except by that time they would most probably be downed or someone else like Elementalist or Ventari legend herald would have healed them back up. Isn’t the whole point of high spike healing from CA supposed to be best effective in these scenarios?

This doesn’t make sense Anet. It’s counter productive and devalues CA utilization. Oh and guess what, applying regen on party members that are already receiving regen from Herald can easily over take my regens and the AF stops generating that way. So to be honest, we were already having enough troubles keeping our AF bar up.

At this point, are we really taking it far by saying Anet really, really HATES Ranger/Druid? I mean I always see it here and there and just think ‘Haha, they’re kind of right but it’s still viable so I’m ok with it’. But I’m just… lost of words. Last 2 patches made kitten ing nerfs(albeit a good buff with regen synergy) for Druids only.

Weren’t most balance changes supposed to be accumulated together for a big patch as a whole along with other classes few weeks before ESL or whatever that thing is?

You really had to get these nerfs to Druids alone ASAP though huh Anet. Couldn’t wait til then, oh no you had to do it now because god kitten us.

in Ranger

SoftLight.2175

well the thing is i actually restarted gw2 2 days before the addon just cause i liked the druid. it got more and more fun as patches rolled out and like 5 minutes before the patch i was in fractals having a ton of fun with a new build i created based on zephyrs speed and a keybind on petchange=shift and astral form shift=space so that i allways change pet while changing form and get quickness nonstop. i restarted the clinet and was just.. okay.. why isnt this working anymore?

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

I know it’s popular & common in an MMO to say “the devs hate this class or that class”… but I’m really beginning to believe Anet hates rangers.

Senseless nerf after senseless nerf.

Headdesk

in Ranger

SoftLight.2175

the thing is oshilato. while a good played druid was kinda usefull. it never really was like.. GOOD. like actually no one needs you as other classes can do the same. and now there s another reason to just take something else. you dont do dmg, you cant heal effectively now. you cant keep up grace of the land anymore as you need to safe astral form for the heal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Thought it was Dragon Hunter…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Actually, on a serious reply to this thread just in case a dev actually reads it.

This is actually making the game difficult to play. Difficult with regards to building a set of armor and accessories matching a build. Seriously, please take a step back and consider the cost of badges, materials, tokens, or any other form of currency that we use to make something. Then in comes a change, and there goes our build. Do we need healing power, no healing power, or some other stat. Yet you guys and gals are playing pick up sticks and changes are occurring daily.

That isn’t right. And it is only happening to our class.

in Ranger

SoftLight.2175

i m sooo kitten happy i decided to not craft my full adcended today and wait for the fractal rework (or the patch to make it even playable)

even considering to delete my druid now to get a character slot back to get something different

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Yup – the rate of change is making crafting even exotics a mistake.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

didnt you saw woodenpotatoes video of the raid? His elementalist was healing like a boss with amazing damage. This changed all to fast now elementalist are the new healers, druids will be joining thief in not been welcome much in raids. Well even thief can go venom share i suppose and break bars good. At this point, i dunno might be wrong, is better to be just an old dps/spotter/spirit old build than a druid

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

didnt you saw woodenpotatoes video of the raid? His elementalist was healing like a boss with amazing damage. This changed all to fast now elementalist are the new healers, druids will be joining thief in not been welcome much in raids. Well even thief can go venom share i suppose and break bars good. At this point, i dunno might be wrong, is better to be just an old dps/spotter/spirit old build than a druid

Then why are you still playing ranger? Go play Ele.

in Ranger

SoftLight.2175

@NemesiS.6749 so wich nemesis you are cause you re not online currently ^^

and yes i saw it. was pretty impressive, especially those classes can put down there heals without any wind up time. do they need to generate something to use skills? no of course not and lets face it the heal a druid provide without CAF is just a joke.
i currently have 215heal on my staff 1 463 heal on my staff 2 and 3000 on staff 3 and my glyph. thats like. 4 skills, one an auto attack people even need to stand in your beam to heal. tempest wash away the pain does the same heal those skills do combined without investing any stats into heal. thats not even funny

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

@NemesiS.6749 so wich nemesis you are cause you re not online currently ^^

and yes i saw it. was pretty impressive, especially those classes can put down there heals without any wind up time. do they need to generate something to use skills? no of course not and lets face it the heal a druid provide without CAF is just a joke.
i currently have 215heal on my staff 1 463 heal on my staff 2 and 3000 on staff 3 and my glyph. thats like. 4 skills, one an auto attack people even need to stand in your beam to heal. tempest wash away the pain does the same heal those skills do combined without investing any stats into heal. thats not even funny

there is a guy in the forums, i have seen some post that have a similar name lol. i am online but haven’t move my ranger, just here in the forums posting.

in Ranger

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

kitten i rolled a rev

going for herald heal because it can do a better job than the Drood