F2 abilities still fail.

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I use red moa for group fury, and still I have to be very lucky to f4 switch it in and immediately press f2 for the fury so it doesn’t decide to ignore the command and put the ability in its full cooldown despite not giving fury to anyone.

Drake aoe is still as bad as ever for hitting moving targets. It simply won’t connect.

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

I noticed the Moa is very picky. It will not fire if you’re moving. It doesn’t like height difference either in your stance. I was on EB last night trying to flip Golanta and was standing on top of the pile of lumber and it would not cast F2 on me after pushing it 4 or 5 times. Watch the head of the Moa, if it flashes a golden aura when you hit F2 it’s basically saying I don’t like where you are right now so I won’t fire it.

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I’ve noticed that with my fern hound, sometimes immediately after switching I’ll hit the button and nothing happens. Sometimes it goes on a short cd like it was interrupted, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it go on full cd with no results.

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

As predicted they simply refuse to fix this, but instead give a minor reduction in cooldown on utterly broken abilities. What good is a reduced cd if the ability fails to go off most of the time you use it, and fails to connect when it doesn’t fail to go off.

These abilities need to be instant cast and have to work while the pet is moving or they’re useless.

Getting fed up with this crap now. Fix this kittening class already!

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Tonight I was using a brown bear for a change. Seeing that the bear was standing next to me and someone nearby was burning I used F2 for a shake it off condition cure. The bear ran half way to the boss, used the cure, then continued running towards the boss. Just how are you meant to manage that?

I suspect that all these F2 skills have two problems. They have an inbuilt range that players don’t know about, so the pet walks to an unknown distance from the enemy then performs the action. The skills also seem to be put into the attack queue so if the pet if running after an enemy to perform another attack the F2 stays bottom of the the queue.

(edited by Stooperdale.3560)

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

In my opinion the moment you press F2, the pet needs to cancel everything it’s doing and perform the F2 immediately. In an active combat game you can’t have abilities that may or may not activate depending on where it is placed in the que.

Press F2 = pet executes attack. Not Press F2 = pet might execute attack when it feels like it inbetween 2-5s.

But pet abilities in general need to be looked at as it is now very annoying when you don’t even know if the pet will actually perform the F2 or not.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

In my opinion the moment you press F2, the pet needs to cancel everything it’s doing and perform the F2 immediately. In an active combat game you can’t have abilities that may or may not activate depending on where it is placed in the que.

Press F2 = pet executes attack. Not Press F2 = pet might execute attack when it feels like it inbetween 2-5s.

But pet abilities in general need to be looked at as it is now very annoying when you don’t even know if the pet will actually perform the F2 or not.

True. But even if it (Red Moa) is on Defence mode, it is not 100% he will activate the Fury buff even with the F2 animation. I noticed it a couple of times.

I was on a fort in WvW. I hit F2 and yes it does the animation but i did not get any fury BUT those standing beside me got the buff. I click each and every one of them just to make sure.
Just to be specific, my Red Moa was standing beside me.

And at times after hitting F2 while in Defence mode, Red Moa wont active F2 Skill, what it did is, it run and chase the target and it did F2 in front of the target.
lol seriously. Man we need the buff not the enermy!

Red Moa is really bugged now. No kidding.

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

I see the same behavior… F2 doesn’t always activate abilities on several pets. Murellow seems to fire every time but Polar Bear isn’t as consistent. Tried Moa after seeing this post and got the same thing. Even on passive sometimes the skill misfires completely.

I agree wholeheartedly with a previous poster that F2’s should start instantly and override any and all other actions that they may be attempting.

Also, the cast times are still WAAAAAY to long for WvW. At 1.5 seconds, no player should ever be hit by an offensive pet skill unless they are not watching their screen. Cast time has to be something in the order of 0.5 seconds or less, or the pet has to be able to keep moving while casting otherwise these skills are just never going to work. There really isn’t another solution.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

Arctodus needed 4 to 6 seconds for me to fire off its F2 – best thing was it started the kitten long animation off after those seconds…

still not working properly if you ask me.
they should shelf their F2 for Ranger.

I am still very passionate to the Ranger (although I play my other toons way more often – especially Warrior and Thief) so it irks me to no end that after almost a year they dont see whats really wrong. Tweak here and there – it will not matter.

Fix pets for good if they are such a big part for Rangers
Fix bows so that they are the masters of long range fighting as you write on your homepage.

… and please fix the traitlines – its really not easy to make a good Ranger other then bunker

sorry for the Rant

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yeah, same here, the pet activates its f2 ability about 50% of the time, if it doesn’t trigger goes on a cool down…

Its very hit and miss…sometimes it refuses to trigger 2-3 times in row then it works…even when you have pet on avoid combat and stood next to you it sometimes doesn’t work…

Its this that needs fixing, rather than adjusting the activation times, doesn’t matter what the activation time is, if it refuses point blank to trigger…

Honestly, I would prefer if f2 permanently stowed your pet and you got a stat boost bringing you on a par with warriors. Pretty sure 90% of all rangers would then run without pets, which tells you everything you need to know about pets…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

The F2 ability works every once in a while it will not work if you use it where the pet cannot get to the foe. You all want instant damage with your F2 attack right? Well you do not watch your pet very well when you use the F2 key. Some that use an up-close attack like screech or whatever sometimes will miss but it does happen. I use flying birds snow owl and white raven most do not. Both of my birds will kill most anything I send them after. I use the F2 key like you and it seems not to work but watch the icon close because your pet actually has to be at the target before it can actually use the attack. It seems delayed but if the pet is no where near the target no sense in it looking like it works until the pet does the attack. With my F2 key my birds attacks are double 3200+ in some areas. And every time I send my birds out the F2 key does not register right away cause the pet has not performed the attack once it does you will see the recharge for it. So to be honest just watch the spot your F2 is on and pay attention to it its working but if they move away from your pet and it does a melee range type of attack like screech it will fail. That is just my observation on the subject.

F2 abilities still fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I found that sometimes if you double tap F2 you go into a short CD instead of activating the skill.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”