F5 skill for pets IF you go full Beastmaster

in Ranger

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Could we have a new F5 skill for pets as their “Elite” skill IF the ranger decide to go 6 on Beastmastery?

Something like IF the Grandmaster of the Beastmastery line is unlocked, a new F5 pet elite skill will be unlocked too. Such F5 skill can be damge, support, CC-oriented depending on the the specie of the pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

would be nice, yep.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Too much work for Anet to create so many skills for one line.
Not going to happen.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

I prefer an Ai/pet update. And with a good Ai and a moving-target-hitting pet, the ranger might be too strong with his other improved skill. But we will see what is coming.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

Make it so the pet AI is smarter and you have access to two pets at the same time. Lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

We don’t really need an elite skill, but expanding us to have an F5 would let us get a second activated skill from our pets which is VERY much needed.

in Ranger

Oh My God.8423

…… but expanding us to have an F5 would let us get a second activated skill from our pets which is VERY much needed.

That is the underlying reason for my suggestion.

But I do want to make using the F5 skill more of an occassion than just another F2 skill; and hence the idea of Pet Elite.

For myself, I always play a pet class in MMO. So managing a pet or pets is not difficult at all for me; and pet management in GW2 is quite straight forward. So I suppose adding a function to the pets may add some flavour.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

They could just make it one skill for pet elite, dependant on what weapon is in your MH at the time. So, they would only need to make 5 skills.

Shadow step for LB, Leap finisher for SB, Blast Finisher for Sword, Super Speed for GS and Whirl finisher for Axe. I dunno, things like that.

in Ranger

Oh My God.8423

They could just make it one skill for pet elite, dependant on what weapon is in your MH at the time. So, they would only need to make 5 skills.

Shadow step for LB, Leap finisher for SB, Blast Finisher for Sword, Super Speed for GS and Whirl finisher for Axe. I dunno, things like that.

Not a bad idea at all!

That gives another layer (tactical) decision-making in weapon choosing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’d love it, but I think Toxsa is onto something.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Since ranger is so abusive to their pets through all the traits (protect me, sig of restoration, empathetic bond, shared anguish), why not add a F5 skill that’ll command the pet to explode and cause huge damage to all enemies in 900 radius around the pet?

The pet will die and need to press f4 to swap out after f5 is used. (They will literally die, not down, so out of combat wouldn’t help regen their hp. They’d also lay on floor like a dead pet instead of following you)

It’ll help ranger to achieve a more active play-style, instead of passively rely on pet to do the damage, and promote a different style of playing without pet as ranger.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Druid will likely have an F5 skill.

NSPride <3