Fast Damage Build

Fast Damage Build

in Ranger

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

I mainly do pve content but also do dungeon runs once in a blue moon and I pvp when I get bored. So i just hit lvl80pve and I started messing around with my ranger stats for the first time and now I found out that there are stat calculators on the web, so I started there and did some research on things like bleed, shouts and signets. I think I found the build that I want to have but I’m new to the Guild Wars stats thing and the last mmorpg i played was Vanguard: SoH.

Here’s what I’m looking at.
http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/ranger#4.0.1.0-2.13.12.4.1-10.30.30.0.0-4.6.8.4.4.9.12

I’m looking for a DD/Speed Build I want to do max damage in a short time span. I want to keep my weapon build though, even with the flaws. I like to think of my build to be more like Drizzt focusing on speed and cunning over brute force which is funny since I’m rolling a norn.

Thank you for your help and suggestions
/punch in the face (which I think is the norn equivalant of bowing in Japan)

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Fast Damage Build

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Drop Honed Axes and put the 5 pts in Beastmastery. The 2 seconds of Quickness, you will find, is a must-have. Hunter’s Shot + Pet Swap + Rapid Fire is probably the best burst you’ll get from your build.

Fast Damage Build

in Ranger

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

lots of rangers neglect the power of the “Sick Em” utility over bleeds

sharpening stone
Bleed foes with your next five attacks.
Bleeding: 6 s (255 damage)
Duration: 30 s
45 secs cooldown

sick em
Your pet runs faster and does more damage. Notes
Increases damage and movement speed by 40%
Duration: 10 s
Range: 3,000
60 secs cooldown

source:
sharpening stone
sick em

Fast Damage Build

in Ranger

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Fast Damage Build

in Ranger

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

the build you posted is not complete.. i had a prob with that site earlier..

Fast Damage Build

in Ranger

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

Just test it in places, eventually you will perfect your own build. The only good builds in Guild Wars 2 are the ones we make ourselves. Remember you can also switch out the trait slot skills for exchanging builds.

Dodger Rule

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

(edited by dodgerrule.8739)

Fast Damage Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Definitely put 5 points in BM, and get rid of pets do extra condition damage. There are much better options in wilderness survival, some common ones are faster survival skill reload (Quickening Zephyr is one of our most powerful utilities), 30% less damage under 25%, and condition wipes every 10 seconds. Wilderness Survival has two of our best grandmaster traits, even after the nerf to Empathic Bond.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -