Faux's "RRR" Build (Conditions Variation)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I personally view the regen boon as supplemental to the Passive Regens (Natural Healing/SoTW) especially when matched with Mango Pie for a 3rd passive regen.

They can strip the regen all they want as they just keep coming back. I am thankful the passive regens cant be stripped….that would suck kitten…

Take a look at the math for our hp/sec that I did:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Data-Ranger-Health-Per-Second/first#post1819583

Regeneration is an enormous part of of that hp/sec … giving you more than any 2-3 sources once you have about 400+ healing power. Losing that is a big hit to your hp/sec.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Insane Pancakez.9182

Insane Pancakez.9182

Again, thank you so much, Menorah!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

@Faux – keen to hear your thoughts on this build:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Video-Exploits-WvW-Melee-BM-Ranger/page/2#post1996417

In particular his comments that too many ppl run condition removal/reduction in T1, so Apothecary won’t do enough damage.

Do you perceive that as a problem?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I’ve played T1, unless its something like a P/D thief, Condition Removal won’t be a problem because the way BM Bunker build is designed is to apply lots of conditions very quickly with a very short cooldown.

The only class that really could keep it off for a long time was a Elementalist, which was still a joke to fight as a BM Bunker build.

Thieves can do it if they spec for it, But they tend to all go D/P now, which is an absolute joke to fight (They don’t do enough burst to bring you down, and alot of them aren’t running the condition removal with it cause they want init gain)

The main problem you’re going to have in T1 if you do decide to play there isn’t Condition removal in 1v1’s..Its you getting absolutely stomped 24/7 by big zergs..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

@Faux – keen to hear your thoughts on this build:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Video-Exploits-WvW-Melee-BM-Ranger/page/2#post1996417

In particular his comments that too many ppl run condition removal/reduction in T1, so Apothecary won’t do enough damage.

Do you perceive that as a problem?

Yeah it could be a problem. If everyone is running melandru and minus duration food, then it would definitely be an issue to kill those high regen builds.

On the other hand, you can counter it by doing more condition damage. Due to how often these conditions are already removed by most people and how quickly you can restack them, I don’t see minus duration as something that would kill the build.

I guess it all comes down to knowing when to follow the book (this post) word for word and knowing when a little improvisation is needed.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I’ve played T1, unless its something like a P/D thief, Condition Removal won’t be a problem because the way BM Bunker build is designed is to apply lots of conditions very quickly with a very short cooldown.

The only class that really could keep it off for a long time was a Elementalist, which was still a joke to fight as a BM Bunker build.

Thieves can do it if they spec for it, But they tend to all go D/P now, which is an absolute joke to fight (They don’t do enough burst to bring you down, and alot of them aren’t running the condition removal with it cause they want init gain)

The main problem you’re going to have in T1 if you do decide to play there isn’t Condition removal in 1v1’s..Its you getting absolutely stomped 24/7 by big zergs..

T1 zergs arent such an issue for me but thats not really the point of the post i guess. Condition removal is not enough to warrant not runnjng condi ranger builds but condition reduction from Food and Melandru runes are enough to make condition builds obsolete. HGH Engi being the only Condi build that is still usable mainly because of all the power you can stack making your damage not crap.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Ah, guess we’ll have to agree to disagree in this one Puandro. I do fight clubs frequently and small group versus group battles with “skill players” they would call themselves. We fight eachother enough to know eachother’s builds, and we choose food and runes sometimes to counter them.

In my experience, even when they are running minus condition duration stuff, I can still stack conditions enough to still do a decent amount of damage while allowing pet to do the rest. I just work more on CCing them than I normally would.

I run your build too btw Puandro. I’ve been running various BM/regen builds for a couple months now, but this one is still the most effective I’ve used for roaming… at least in my limited experiences in T4/T5.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Some people take a while to kill, but even against the people that can shred conditions you can still kill them fairly fast as BM Bunker if you catch them at the right moment.

Generally we apply conditions so quickly and so many that for example, Elementalist can rarely go on the offense and spend most of the time bouncing back to water as much as possible so they don’t instantly die.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Ah, guess we’ll have to agree to disagree in this one Puandro. I do fight clubs frequently and small group versus group battles with “skill players” they would call themselves. We fight eachother enough to know eachother’s builds, and we choose food and runes sometimes to counter them.

In my experience, even when they are running minus condition duration stuff, I can still stack conditions enough to still do a decent amount of damage while allowing pet to do the rest. I just work more on CCing them than I normally would.

I run your build too btw Puandro. I’ve been running various BM/regen builds for a couple months now, but this one is still the most effective I’ve used for roaming… at least in my limited experiences in T4/T5.

If you are killing then and they are running Melandru and Lemongrass at the point they are dying to pet damage really. I will not say they are good or bad because i personally have not fought them or seen them fight so it would be arrogant me to say so. Condi Ranger does more damage then cleric vs tanky opponents while Cleric usually kills glassy enemies quicker. Both are good specs with pros and cons but the reason i say condi is obselete is because a 65% damage reduction to condi duration is a pretty significant number and really anyone wkrth their salt shouldnt be dying to it.

Im not home atm so i cant really post all the info i used to decide fot a Cleric BM Ranger vs Apothecary but Condi Reduction was the main contributor.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Clerics gets gutted by Protection and Toughness, but yea… You’ll probably kill Glassy people fairly fast with it, but at the same time, If they’re specced glass, Condition is going to mow through them as well.

Glass Specced people really aren’t that much of a challenge.

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

My problem with the clerics build is that it has no precision, and I dont see the point of going for direct damage without crit dmg/%.

I was running 25/25/20/0/0 with 350 in healing which is great for dueling. But I want to be able to survive small groups as well.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Clerics gets gutted by Protection and Toughness, but yea… You’ll probably kill Glassy people fairly fast with it, but at the same time, If they’re specced glass, Condition is going to mow through them as well.

Glass Specced people really aren’t that much of a challenge.

Yes glass specced are really not an issue. Condis do much better vs tanky players but Power builds do better against low toughness players. Cleric builds do 1.2X more physical damage vs Condi builds. Thats nothing to scoff at.

Really the biggest advantage i find from condi builds is that i can kill BAD bunker players quickly with it but if they are good they won’t die even with that. My cleric build takes longer but if they are bad this will die also because i time my poison on them.

65% Condi Reduction just stomps on condi builds though. To give you an example, my Cleric build with 300 condition will do more condition damage with each attack vs people with no reduction food then your build vs people with 65% Reduction. Protection will slow my dps by 33% but its only temporary, the food and runes are not.

BTW I did this assuming Ranger condi builds use Rare Pizza, if you don;t then your results will be much much worse. I find currently both Pizza and Lemongrass should be significantly nerfed because they are too powerful.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Keep in mind that roaming with melandru and lemongrass isn’t ideal. I never run into roamers running lemongrass. They are always in specialty groups stomping people. You lose so much killing ability running that combo that it destroys your ability to roam.

That’s why I don’t consider it a threat really. If I were to run into someone running that (which I very very rarely do while roaming), it would be pretty easy to just run away if the battle is too much effort. Rangers are pretty mobile as you already know

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Keep in mind that roaming with melandru and lemongrass isn’t ideal. I never run into roamers running lemongrass. They are always in specialty groups stomping people. You lose so much killing ability running that combo that it destroys your ability to roam.

That’s why I don’t consider it a threat really. If I were to run into someone running that (which I very very rarely do while roaming), it would be pretty easy to just run away if the battle is too much effort. Rangers are pretty mobile as you already know

If thats your experience then Condi is good for you. Im on JQ and the other 2 servers seem to like the condi reduction, i guess its to reduce the effectiveness of all the aoe condis that go around in zergs.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

I have Melandru on my armor, and i also don’t run Rare Veggie Pizza anymore (dropped it after they gutted PI, Now just using Mango’s cause the heal is pretty nice)

Only reason i’m really even using Melandru is the fact that it has toughness on it and i’m to lazy to get Superior Rune of the Forge from dungeons (10 seconds of protection at 50% life? yes please)

But anyway, as someone who’s ran the Melandru and Lemongrass setup before all the cool kids decided it’d be fun to try it…I have to ask..How long before they realize lemon grass isn’t actually the best thing to run with Melandru.

Loaf of Saffron Bread my friends… You give up slightly on the Condition Duration Reduction in exchange of making you kitten near unkillable while stunned/knocked down (which is when the huge burst comes usually)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Loaf_of_Saffron_Bread

Way Way better then lemongrass.

Anyway, I’m working on another massive movie right now, and ive offset my huge loss in AOE damage from losing PI with using Drakes now (which are actually a lot more manageable now that the F2 casts faster)

So my kill speed has actually improved again, I’m still having trouble with 3’s though…That seems to be my limit, 2 I can win against, 3’s they have to be stupid.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Its funny how you complain that you cant take 3 ppl at once anymore when really no kne should be winning a 1v2 due to downstate in this game. Most people are happy to win 1v1s 50% of the time lol. I do hate down state in WvW though, killing 8 people at once with proper kiting like in DAoC? Not with downstate you wont.

Anyways stuns usually arent longer than a second so im not a fan of the AC bread. I edited my Ranger spec tonight and hopefully soon ill get to try it out in WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: nokra.9123

nokra.9123

hm in ur build u have sigil of corrupion and sigil of life, but only one will stack and the other does nothing or do i miss something?

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Its funny how you complain that you cant take 3 ppl at once anymore when really no kne should be winning a 1v2 due to downstate in this game. Most people are happy to win 1v1s 50% of the time lol. I do hate down state in WvW though, killing 8 people at once with proper kiting like in DAoC? Not with downstate you wont.

Anyways stuns usually arent longer than a second so im not a fan of the AC bread. I edited my Ranger spec tonight and hopefully soon ill get to try it out in WvW.

Not really complaining about it, But i’m pointing out what my limit is now. I mean to kill 3people they’d have to be idiots flat out cause like you said, The Downstate. In 3v1’s I can easily down someone fairly easy, But stomping on them is basically impossible.

Hell even in 2v1s It can be hard to stomp someone since one person can rez faster then I can stomp, which is the dumbest system i’ve seen in PvP to date.

Stuns also don’t have to be long, But most of the heavy bursters in this game stun you usually before they do it.

Thieves with basilisk venom, Mesmer’s, 100b Warriors, Even some Engineer’s

The best one though is Basilisk Venom, which basically becomes a 20% Damage nerf for the thief whenever they use it.

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Not really complaining about it, But i’m pointing out what my limit is now. I mean to kill 3people they’d have to be idiots flat out cause like you said, The Downstate. In 3v1’s I can easily down someone fairly easy, But stomping on them is basically impossible.

Hell even in 2v1s It can be hard to stomp someone since one person can rez faster then I can stomp, which is the dumbest system i’ve seen in PvP to date.

Stuns also don’t have to be long, But most of the heavy bursters in this game stun you usually before they do it.

The best one though is Basilisk Venom, which basically becomes a 20% Damage nerf for the thief whenever they use it.

Mesmer imobolize you not stun. Wars are 50/50 but really they are no threat.
Im unsure thief works. Its not a stun or daze. Its not affected by paralyzation sigil. Its effect is “Stone” and you could not use stun breakers against it then they coded it to be affected by stun breakers. I think it works like fear, sure you can stun break it but its still not a daze/stun its a condition.

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

I think I’m giving up on this build, I just can’t make it work in T2.

Condition damage is just far below DD. Will be sticking with my balanced build:

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.3|5.1g.h17|1.1g.h17|1c.71f.1c.71f.1k.71f.1c.71f.1c.71f.1c.71f|2s.0.2s.0.211.0.211.0.2s.0.2s.0|k68.p10.k6a.5.0|39.7|4i.4q.4r.4w.55|e

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Im unsure thief works. Its not a stun or daze. Its not affected by paralyzation sigil. Its effect is “Stone” and you could not use stun breakers against it then they coded it to be affected by stun breakers. I think it works like fear, sure you can stun break it but its still not a daze/stun its a condition.

Its possible on Mesmer’s, it always felt like a Stun to me though, Warriors usually do that stupid charge before they do it

I know the Basilisk Venom counts as a Stun and it works against it.

If you ever get a chance, try running it, you’ll notice a massive difference.

Think when they changed it they just made it breakable

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Its possible on Mesmer’s, it always felt like a Stun to me though, Warriors usually do that stupid charge before they do it

I know the Basilisk Venom counts as a Stun and it works against it.

If you ever get a chance, try running it, you’ll notice a massive difference.

Think when they changed it they just made it breakable

Mesmers do have stuns but its 1 sec and its just used to setup the imobolize IF they even use it. Warriors really are no threat and bull rush can be seen a mile away. With lithning reflexes down to 32 seconds i dont find basilik stun an issue if they use it on you at low health.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

hm in ur build u have sigil of corrupion and sigil of life, but only one will stack and the other does nothing or do i miss something?

I make my first kill with the one I feel like stacking. Just me being lazy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durlot.5278

Durlot.5278

Sry Faux not trying to deviate atentions but would like some of your (all) input in the build i’ve posted in the build thread, any help tweaking it/making it more viable/finding flaws/saying why it sucks would be much apreciated.
back on topic, not my playstyle but like that it does good against most classes ^^

Hey Macarena Eh?
SFR [TROL] Leader \(;,,;)/

in Ranger

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

According to your build link, you use both life and corruption sigil stacking, I was under the impression you cannot use two different ones?

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Sry Faux not trying to deviate atentions but would like some of your (all) input in the build i’ve posted in the build thread, any help tweaking it/making it more viable/finding flaws/saying why it sucks would be much apreciated.
back on topic, not my playstyle but like that it does good against most classes ^^

Random lol

According to your build link, you use both life and corruption sigil stacking, I was under the impression you cannot use two different ones?

I’m just lazy and don’t like to carry around extra weapons. I make the first kill with the sigil I want to stack is all. Since I already use weapon-swap sigils, other sigils wouldn’t make a huge difference on the second weapon (non-crit build). I just take the more comfortable route.

I updated the OP to reflect this since so many people keep asking :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

I have some quiestion.
Apo gear(karka shell) + Apo Accs(flower) Flower is pain in da kitten .
If I mix accs cleric will be work?
I not test yet but check in Build editor.
it look like semi hybrid both pow+condi but can’t do high dmg or high condi.

Or

Full cleric gear+Accs set ?

I play ranger need some another new spec for build to wear and use too.
My old rampage(gear and knight accs mix with carrion accs) is to much straight no idea for it.

In WWW I try to not in frontline am realy good when in2nd line.
But in zerg can’t say we stay safe All time when zerg crush zerg year I still take DMG.
My weapon I use shotbow/2Hsword sometime use Longbow for fire suppression.
My problem is when need to DEF yak or flip camp I alway have destiny to say hello thief everytime that’s my real problem…Then what did I choose gear?
Full apo or Apo mix cleric or full cleric?Can give me some wisdom please xD

(edited by Silverkung.9127)

in Ranger

Posted by: APaperbackHero.7264

APaperbackHero.7264

I don’t understand the big hang up for passiflora accessories. Why not settler’s accessories of apoth instead? Much much cheaper same effect. Does passiflora have something settlers doesn’t provide?

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

This thread was made long before settler’s was available. Personally, I prefer the new settler’s stats (which give for toughness than healing).

I really suggest grabbing settler’s gear if you can Silver for whatever you can. Like AP said, it’s super cheap, and the added toughness is REAAALLY nice. Never ever ever go cleric/apo mix.

Something to know about this build is that is can do extremely high damage, but it’s heavily reliant on pet and actually hitting your target. I can stack over 20 bleeds while the target is burned, poisoned, chilled, weakened, vulnerable, crippled, and immobilized all at the same time. That is some serious damage since 1300+ condition damage isn’t all that uncommon with this build in WvW after food and signet stacks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gun Devil.2078

Gun Devil.2078

Thank you Faux and everyone for the information you’ve shared. I have a question about the choice of runes in this build.
Why not rune of Water?
Just curious, but 5% chance to trigger regeneration seems very small and random why not a use it for water’s condition removal? Troll Unguent has a built in regeneration wouldn’t water give you a small spike at the front for a quick spike in addition to the regeneration? You would gain 25% duration (15% water+ 33% trait+ 10% trait line) on all buffs (including regeneration)? Compared with Dawanya you would only lose only 5% duration from regeneration specific; so 58% all buffs with Water compared to 63% for regeneration only.
Just a thought but perhaps with duel melee weapons Dawanya would be a better choice and Water with a bow user?
Thank you again, I’m hoping you or the others will give some feedback on this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

Settler’s gear? Where do you get that?

(It’s not listed under: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats )

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Drops in Southsun..

Fairly often no less, I can farm for an hour and usually get 2 pieces.

I’d just buy it though, its dirt cheap

in Ranger

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

Drops in Southsun..

Fairly often no less, I can farm for an hour and usually get 2 pieces.

I’d just buy it though, its dirt cheap

Thanks for the info. I have actually found a piece on another character and must have sold it immediately without paying attention. Makes more sense now that I see it’s just jewelry and not full armor.

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

“Settler’s gear” oh I just know after you guy post it.
Yes it cheap for nowday 40silver for Exo type!!(basic cost exo is 1gold+).
I got all set already it work very nice on bloody WWW can stay longer.
But I got problem my armor skin is ugly dam I need new skin armor!!
(Wait for event in next week.)

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Thank you Faux and everyone for the information you’ve shared. I have a question about the choice of runes in this build.
Why not rune of Water?
Just curious, but 5% chance to trigger regeneration seems very small and random why not a use it for water’s condition removal? Troll Unguent has a built in regeneration wouldn’t water give you a small spike at the front for a quick spike in addition to the regeneration? You would gain 25% duration (15% water+ 33% trait+ 10% trait line) on all buffs (including regeneration)? Compared with Dawanya you would only lose only 5% duration from regeneration specific; so 58% all buffs with Water compared to 63% for regeneration only.
Just a thought but perhaps with duel melee weapons Dawanya would be a better choice and Water with a bow user?
Thank you again, I’m hoping you or the others will give some feedback on this.

We don’t really stack other boons as a regen-based BM, so I don’t see the point in gearing that way, especially since it means a ~100 point hit in healing power and decreases the opportunities that we can stack regeneration.

We already get tons of condition removal too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The three classes I can’t kill if they don’t want to die are ele, guardian, and especially D/P thief. The guardian can’t really duel you, but he’s perfectly able to kite you away with swiftness and dodging your only 2 snares if not outright cleansing them.

I hear a lot about P/D thief but P/D thieves can’t kill you. A D/P thief can pretty much chain BP>HS to cleanse conditions and reset the fight. Bad thieves use Basilisk — good ones pop guild at opportune times.

I can die to a good, patient D/P thief if I don’t quickly react to their guild summon and kite away and regen back up.

The fact is, he will never die to me because any time he gets close to 50% hp he wipes himself clear of conditions with stealth condi removal trait with BP>HS (they can blast on it multiple times).

Yeah, he can’t kill me if I don’t want to die, and if he presses too much and gets careless he dies.

The difference is that he’s got actual burst unlike me, and he can kill anyone else and there’s nothing I can do about it due to stealth stomping while putting a BP on top of the victim.

This D/P and I had a duel, pretty stalemate. If anyone came in, I would stop and let him kill them. I then also tried interfering out of curiosity, and it did nothing. Even if I got a terget back up he could repeatedly spam stealth into a backstab and get them back down until I was out of tools to prevent a stomp.

The only way to survive against D/P is to be a good bunker or be another class that can burst him down just as quickly.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Ranger

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

Great guide Faux. Happily using it ^^.

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

The three classes I can’t kill if they don’t want to die are ele, guardian, and especially D/P thief. The guardian can’t really duel you, but he’s perfectly able to kite you away with swiftness and dodging your only 2 snares if not outright cleansing them.

I hear a lot about P/D thief but P/D thieves can’t kill you. A D/P thief can pretty much chain BP>HS to cleanse conditions and reset the fight. Bad thieves use Basilisk — good ones pop guild at opportune times.

I can die to a good, patient D/P thief if I don’t quickly react to their guild summon and kite away and regen back up.

The fact is, he will never die to me because any time he gets close to 50% hp he wipes himself clear of conditions with stealth condi removal trait with BP>HS (they can blast on it multiple times).

Yeah, he can’t kill me if I don’t want to die, and if he presses too much and gets careless he dies.

The difference is that he’s got actual burst unlike me, and he can kill anyone else and there’s nothing I can do about it due to stealth stomping while putting a BP on top of the victim.

This D/P and I had a duel, pretty stalemate. If anyone came in, I would stop and let him kill them. I then also tried interfering out of curiosity, and it did nothing. Even if I got a terget back up he could repeatedly spam stealth into a backstab and get them back down until I was out of tools to prevent a stomp.

The only way to survive against D/P is to be a good bunker or be another class that can burst him down just as quickly.

I would add Warriors to that list, there seems to be alot of them around these days that are unstoppable, by that I don’t mean they are particularly dangreous cause when they stay to fight you win unless you are sloppy but kitten they can’t be slowed down if they choose to kite around.

in Ranger

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

having fought against these builds stupid regularly lately (thx :P) i can honestly say these are the hardest rangers to kill in the game currently, by far.

that’s my props to your build :]

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The difference between settler and ascended apothecary is marginal benefit to toughness with a substantial hit to healing power.

It’s a very cheap alternative if you don’t wanna farm ascended accessories, though.

If only all the other exotic accessories were as dirt cheap.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

having fought against these builds stupid regularly lately (thx :P) i can honestly say these are the hardest rangers to kill in the game currently, by far.

that’s my props to your build :]

vT Sylvari D/D ele, meet GH Sylvari ranger. Good fights as always

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Eww sylvari

Nasty creatures

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

New week = time for another change. Put this build back into play after a 6 week hiatus. Made one change with the food. Added this to increase the damage a bit but more importantly it increases time of chills, cripples and heal suppression.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Garlic_Kale_Sautee

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

New week = time for another change. Put this build back into play after a 6 week hiatus. Made one change with the food. Added this to increase the damage a bit but more importantly it increases time of chills, cripples and heal suppression.

Isn’t this the same thing as Veggie Pizza?

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Isn’t this the same thing as Veggie Pizza?

I think so. The kale is a 60 minute buff though.

You use mango pie..correct ?

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Only in PvE. In WvW, I run pizza.

in Ranger

Posted by: Narya Firering.9301

Narya Firering.9301

Hi Faux,

Awesome build. I have been using it with great success.

A small point of detail. I think there is a bug in your sigils. It’s a bit confusing so I might be wrong. You have three types of sigils:
Sigil of Geomancy: on-swap bleed. Cooldown. No problem.
Sigil of Corruption: on-kill stacking corruption
Sigil of Life: on-kill stacking healing

You cannot use two different on-kill stacking sigils. Only one applies at any given time. I checked on my character and that information seems correct. With your build, Sigil of Smoldering with the torch should work. Or you can choose one type of on-kill stacking sigil and apply it to both weapon sets (one per set). Sigils with cooldown will not work well because of the cooldown on Geomancy (9 sec). Sigil of Restoration (healed after a kill) might make sense as well (for multiple mobs situations).

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Hey Narya, I posted in the OP that the “on-kill stacking sigils” are just me being lazy and picking the stack I feel like running based on whatever weapon I decide to get my first kill with. I hate swapping weapons while roaming, so that’s just a personal preference. It’s gotten to the point actually where I will just get a kill on random and finish stacking whichever one fate stuck me with :P

You’re absolutely right though.

in Ranger

Narya Firering.9301

I didn’t see that update. Thanks for the reply.

in Ranger

Narya Firering.9301

Hi,

I also wanted to ask for comments. I think your build is geared more towards WvW or PvP. I mostly do PvE and dungeons. For me, the main difficulty is fighting large mobs. That’s typically when there is a wipe. Your build is still great for that. I can fight 4-5 enemies in PvE and win the day because of the healing/toughness, etc.

With this in mind, I was wondering about off-hand dagger. That’s great for 1v1. You get poison+evade on #4 and the cripple on #5 if your opponent is trying to run away. For AOE though, the off-hand axe seems better. In particular you can walk to the middle of the mob and drop Bonfire (torch #5) and Healing Spring. Then you are inflicting damage + getting healed. Switch weapon set and use axe #4 + #5. Both are combo finishers. In particular #5 is a whirl finisher and will send healing bolts to allies nearby. It will also send burning bolts to enemies.

I also wanted to mention drakes. Their tail swipe will spread healing and burning. That playstyle becomes very AOE focused but I think that should be effective in many PvE situations.

You are probably aware of all of this but I was wondering if you had some comments, agree/disagree, etc.

Final note, in your build you mention using Settler’s trinkets but I don’t think those are available. The merchants in Southsun only have Settler armor + weapon sets.

Again, thanks for your build and posting all this information.

Narya