Faux's "RRR" Build (Conditions Variation)

in Ranger

Posted by: KedirakEvo.5719

KedirakEvo.5719

Would like to ask how is this build in dungeons?

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Would like to ask how is this build in dungeons?

Very good self takecare and regen not make you die easy just careful about do not have poison on your status overall high survival type build can do DMG all time by condition.

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Well this is a blast from the past. I think you can do better than this now though. My BTR build (which I still run) allows for similar healing with much higher defence, permaswiftness, permaregen, and like half uptime of protection during fights. I would recommend it over this because many of these buffs extend to group as well as permaprotecting you pet.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Posted by: KedirakEvo.5719

KedirakEvo.5719

Well this is a blast from the past. I think you can do better than this now though. My BTR build (which I still run) allows for similar healing with much higher defence, permaswiftness, permaregen, and like half uptime of protection during fights. I would recommend it over this because many of these buffs extend to group as well as permaprotecting you pet.

Thanks for the heads up… will check it out

Im currently running a modified build based on yours to suit my taste… its working nicely..

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Thanks for the heads up… will check it out

Im currently running a modified build based on yours to suit my taste… its working nicely..

To each their own :P My playstyle is my playstyle, so while it works for me it may not work for everyone. Still, with that said, the framework of it should transfer well enough with a few minor changes. Good luck to you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopchop.5629

Chopchop.5629

What if i wanted a power Variant also what other weapons could be used with this build

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

What if i wanted a power Variant also what other weapons could be used with this build

Any combination of Sword+Axe, Sword+Warhorn, Sword+Dagger, GS, SB, LB… all weapons that do decent power damage (though SB is a weird hybrid that is more CC and power/condition than either in particular). Use cleric’s gear too, not apothecary/settler’s. The one I run most successfully is probably GS/LB but I’ve seen people make all sorts of combinations of the above work.

PS sorry for the late reply, I saw it a couple times on the front page but was always on my phone when I remembered

in Ranger

Posted by: izzuedotcom.2498

izzuedotcom.2498

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I recently wanted to try this build and I wanted to go the power variant (So full exotic cleric’s with GS and Axe/Warhorn just to try things out) and I’ve noticed that my regeneration boon applied by the Fern Hound doesn’t benefit from Nature’s Bounty 33% regen increase nor does it benefit from my Superior Runes of Dwayna +20% regen duration. It doesn’t show on the tooltips nor does it actually last longer than 11 seconds. Is this happening to anyone else? When I tried this on the gw2 calculator the regen durations lasted appropriately, they just don’t work with the bonus durations in game.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Don’t use regenerations applied by the hound. It doesn’t apply any buff or stat attributed to the player. In fact, unless you have less than 300 healing power, I’d swap out the hound. Any regeneration you apply will heal for much more otherwise.

in Ranger

izzuedotcom.2498

Don’t use regenerations applied by the hound. It doesn’t apply any buff or stat attributed to the player. In fact, unless you have less than 300 healing power, I’d swap out the hound. Any regeneration you apply will heal for much more otherwise.

What other regenerations can I actively apply then? Other than the regeneration that comes from the Dwayna runes and the regeneration from the healing spring I don’t really think there are other regenerations. Additionally, is it normal that the regeneration duration increases don’t apply to my Fern Hound’s regeneration? Thanks again

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Your regenerations apply passively for the most part. The main one is the trait that applies then when you take burn/bleed/poison damage. There’s another one but I forget the name at the moment. Regenerations applied by the fern hound stacks on top of your regular duration, but during the time that the regenerations applied by the fern hound are in effect, you are healing for less than you would have with your own regenerations applied. Since you will have 100% uptime of regeneration when you fight, you don’t need fern hound because it will heal you for less than you would have healed for anyways.

And yes it is normal. The only effects applied to your pets are those explicitly saying that they will in your traits. The toolbar error is a known bug that the developers have ignored for over a year for whatever reason.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Ranger

izzuedotcom.2498

Your regenerations apply passively for the most part. The main one is the trait that applies then when you take burn/bleed/poison damage. There’s another one but I forget the name at the moment. Regenerations applied by the fern hound stacks on top of your regular duration, but during the time that the regenerations applied by the fern hound are in effect, you are healing for less than you would have with your own regenerations applied. Since you will have 100% uptime of regeneration when you fight, you don’t need fern hound because it will heal you for less than you would have healed for anyways.

And yes it is normal. The only effects applied to your pets are those explicitly saying that they will in your traits. The toolbar error is a known bug that the developers have ignored for over a year for whatever reason.

Oh thanks OP!

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopchop.5629

Chopchop.5629

i am wondering why you havent put more trait points into nature magic for the extra boon duration?

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Because this build is outdated and predates any useful NM changes by almost half a year.

in Ranger

Posted by: Astewart.8415

Astewart.8415

Because this build is outdated and predates any useful NM changes by almost half a year.

Sooo…when ya gonna update it?
Hmm? hmm?
when?
:)

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I really wanted to a try a boon/condi. but condi in itself is getting boring, time for a change.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Is this build still viable? Is there an updated version?

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Is this build still viable? Is there an updated version?

The BTR build was the updated version of it. I just got lazy and never finished the variants (and probably won’t). I currently use a modified version of the BTR build that replaces forge runes (which I still say are incredible) with antitoxin runes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Link to this new build?
Coming back to GW2 and finding I’m dying a little more than usual lol

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179