Favorite Solo WvWvW Roamer?

in Ranger

Posted by: HarlequinJester.4025

HarlequinJester.4025

I find that 80% of my ranger gameplay is spent solo roaming in WVWVW. My server tends to lose badly most match ups and organized groups are very few.

I’m curious what you folks enjoy using in this scenario.

I’ve used BM regen builds in the past with a lot of success, I’ve tried some Natures Voice shout builds lately but not been too impressed. Never really found a good power build. I’ve got a full Apothecary set, a clerics, a zerker, and a few knight and sentinel pieces.

What do you guys use?

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

One of those unimpressive nature’s voice shout builds :P Running Runes of Antitoxin, 0/0/30/30/10, settler’s/apothecary gear, canines for CC, and signet of wild/“Guard!” with a third utility that is always different.

My server is in the same boat. Them feels man.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Posted by: Baseleader.4128

Baseleader.4128

I’m on Blacktide, i know the pain of getting absolutely obliterated

I’m leaning towards a BM regen build and it’s looking very nice.

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

You guys don’t know the meaning of pain. Fissure of Woe here, bronze tier with a hefty WvW population of 12. Alright, we do have more than that but in the new league system we get our kitten kicked.

Anyway, I love roaming. I use a shutdown 10/30/30/0/0 build with Greatsword/Shortbow and jungle spider and cave spider. I just chain imobilise people with a mix of knights/celestial gear to give me about 2800 attack and 700 condi damage. Works wonders against the current warrior meta, and it isnt one of those boring regen passive builds, you have to work to get it to work.

High risk, high reward. Sometimes I put on a more condi setup with perplexity runes and roll along with Xsorus Dazer build depending on the encounter. Trust me though, any build similar to that works amazing as a duo with a warrior.
(http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQJARVnAVkFciFCWgaZAYVAw2jMtET2DDZcxTGVzkA-jUDBoeAYfJDbEigAgIAK7JIJQTjtuqIasqaLqWlETFDwaWp2cWQTKgUmDA-w)

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

(edited by Benjamin.8237)

in Ranger

Posted by: ChioChip.5970

ChioChip.5970

One of those unimpressive nature’s voice shout builds :P Running Runes of Antitoxin, 0/0/30/30/10, settler’s/apothecary gear, canines for CC, and signet of wild/“Guard!” with a third utility that is always different.

I use a similiar more Power/Crit based build.

0/20/20/30/0
clestial gs/lb, cleric armor, berserker amulet, celestial rings, cleric accessories and cavalier backback.
2x water, 4x altruism runes, sigils of battle
guard, SoW, LR, RaO
90% the time jungle stalker, brown bear when needed

I really enjoy this setup!
I easily maintain perma swiftness, regen, fury, 12+ might and almost perma vigor and protection.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaand 36s of stability (hell yeah)

This setup has big surivability (healing 350+/s, 20000+ HP, only 1500 tghnss but 60-80% protection uptime) and still deals massive direct damage…. (4k maul crits.)

Faux´s setup is awesome aswell but I´m just in love with lb/gs.

@Benjamin: I use a similiar lb/gs build when I´m not in the mood for a bunker setup.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/I-introduce-you-my-LB-GS-CONDITION-build/first#post3166521

in Ranger

Benjamin.8237

I love using longbow for zergs, but there I run 20/0/30/20/0 for a more tanky setup, cleave with great sword and pew pew with bow. Also if you want to be an kitten and dont care if you die go full zerker sword/axe with quickening zephyr and gank light armor classes with it. I don’t seriously recommend this at all

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I’ve used most of the condition builds rangers have (with the exception of shout builds), but I keep coming back to traps.

I just really like how they play, the relatively low CDs and the ability to take a more active role in group fights (since I often scout for my guild group.. so I am half roaming and half joining them in fights), whereas BM regen builds I always found much less useless in that situation.

You can either take it with rabid, earth sigils and 10 in MS, but more recently I enjoy dire/apothecary, geomancy sigils and 10 in BM. Then I usually drop the frost trap for SoW or drop the dagger and flame trap for torch and SoW.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Huan.5476

Huan.5476

I use a similiar more Power/Crit based build.

0/20/20/30/0
clestial gs/lb, cleric armor, berserker amulet, celestial rings, cleric accessories and cavalier backback.
2x water, 4x altruism runes, sigils of battle
guard, SoW, LR, RaO
90% the time jungle stalker, brown bear when needed

I really enjoy this setup!
I easily maintain perma swiftness, regen, fury, 12+ might and almost perma vigor and protection.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaand 36s of stability (hell yeah)

This setup has big surivability (healing 350+/s, 20000+ HP, only 1500 tghnss but 60-80% protection uptime) and still deals massive direct damage…. (4k maul crits.)

Faux´s setup is awesome aswell but I´m just in love with lb/gs.

@Benjamin: I use a similiar lb/gs build when I´m not in the mood for a bunker setup.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/I-introduce-you-my-LB-GS-CONDITION-build/first#post3166521

You’re not the Ranger I ran into on Piken who ran almost the same build as me ^^?

I run 0/10/10/30/20 Shout build with Power/Condition hybrid.

I tried both full condition and more power/precision but it was difficult to get enough crit into the build while maintaining tankiness. Even the relatively small 800-900 ish condition damage I have adds much more pressure than crits.

Cleric Armor, Carrion Weapons/Trinkets. 23kish HP to help with rubbish condition removal, slightly lower toughness but still 900-1000 healing power to counteract that.

SB + Sw/D, Snow Leopard + Lynx. TU, Guard, SoR, SotW. Snow Leopard Racial Elite (this skill is just ridiculous for escaping zergs)

Most fun i’ve ever had on GW2 with this build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

0-10-30-0-30 Mix of knights/Soldier and cleric

SoTW – LR – SoR

Runes of speed for the vitality and movement rate, Mango pie-Sharpening stone

Run empathic bond for 4 Condi cleared /10 sec

GS/LB and twin Birds for burst

Power build with 33% crit rate and 20% crit Dam with my Ascended Assassin weapons.

~ 2400 power 33% crit 20% Crit Dam – 3100 Armor – 700 healing and 20K+ Hits, decent condition removal, 3 passive regens

in Ranger

Posted by: ChioChip.5970

ChioChip.5970

You’re not the Ranger I ran into on Piken who ran almost the same build as me ^^?

I am xD

in Ranger

Posted by: Panacea.4021

Panacea.4021

This is the build I am using in WvWvW.

When I’m with the zerg I swap Signet of the Beastmaster for Piercing Arrows and Signet of Stone for Quickening Zephyr.

If you know what you are doing you are surprisingly durable and can 1v1 pretty much anyone (hardest being a good thief) and you can easily escape when needed or when a gank squad comes to say hello.

Sometimes I also swap Rampage As One for Become the Snow Leopard, but with the amount of GS – Mace/Shield or Hammer warriors around these days not having stability is asking for trouble.

I would make a video to show what a power ranger can do but I don’t have enough time to do it right now. Maybe next month I will try to do it if all the videos about rangers in WvW are still BM-Condi ones.

Panacea WhiteFang

(edited by Panacea.4021)

in Ranger

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

hardest being a good thief

Good thieves that stealth spam are my bane. I recently found a solution. I dive. They follow. I win.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

At the moment I am trying to make this power/signet build work:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMEQNAT8XjEVJ2FWCWs2Bi1DC5nB1ekJzjJWB+fyK+yL-j0xAYLBZCSgILwJwioxWGLiGr2GT5SEVLDg+EA-w

But when I get sick of dying I go back to my full rabid trap build

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

Companions might/beast master hybrid

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBlODbkoqyOxyvi1OQ0UwJzzUkID9eke13+KEyD-j0BBINCyUgAUEwkFQ5QFRjtMsIasqZER1SBUuwI-w

i find that when i use condi trinkets it just doesn’t work as well and power ones

the build is designed to blow up camps quick (~1.30) i flick some traits around depend on what pets I’m using.

Thinking of changing to full celestial and using a great-sword instead of A/WH to add some escaping ability, ore even duel bow

When i roam i don’t go looking for duels just take them as they come, and try to find away that I’m in the advantage. i win some i lose some

i play in gold league Oceanic time (SoR) so i get wiped buy groups a lot.

I also run 30/0/30/10/0, Pvt, LB/GS and signets when I’m zerging and breaking off.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I can clear a camp in less than 1m with traps/entangle. Traps are the best aoe we have, sadly.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: HarlequinJester.4025

HarlequinJester.4025

i know. We’re playing you right now

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Cookie cutter apothecary with some celestial pieces was my favorite for a long time . Now I am into a rampager / celestial mix longbow traps . Very fun

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

Cookie cutter apothecary with some celestial pieces was my favorite for a long time . Now I am into a rampager / celestial mix longbow traps . Very fun

Do you play on eu or na server ?
I fight a ranger like that last week.
Was a nice fight, but ends in ny favour :p

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

I do all my roaming with my ranger: Longbow/Shortbow as weapons, full zerker for armor/trinkets.. High risk, high reward!
(don’t let the zerker armour fool you though, rangers have tons of natural evades and endurance regen – if I get hit once/twice by the guards when capping a camp, it’ll be a lot)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Benjamin.8237

The next gen of rangers better go zerker, knights, celestial or I will hurt myself. Signet builds with apothecary gear seem so boring to me, too passive. And I cannot kill thieves quick enough and killing thieves to me is a big factor of my play grins evilly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Varani.9207

Varani.9207

BM regen-build with apothecary gear, since nature´s voice shout builds seem to be more suitable to group-play in my opinion. Once in a while I tend to give in to my longing for a more power-oriented burst approach, but usually begin to regret my decision in certain situations.

Mondsucht [MS] Kodash Vragni – Ranger
Charrov – Engineer

(edited by Varani.9207)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

@Bambula : i am on EU , Gandara to be specific