Feels great [NOT] playing ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I just wanna say I did decide to stop playing ranger for a while after 3,5 years and over 3k hours on it, and so should you. DragonHunter can pee on ranger from simple fun perspective I’m enjoying DH way more then i did enjoy ranger in last few months.

To bad ranger will stay junk for way to long, and i’ve decided to enjoy other classes until then, good luck! I gave up upon anet, and I decided not to frustrate myself with writing trillions of threads on why we can justify buff and fixes for ranger and how to fix the class mechanics. On the other hand our developers don’t even read it.

So i just want to send a message to you guys, I LOVE ranger, and if you enjoy ranger but don’t feel like playing clunky stuff like Druid and the rest of our beloved class, try dragon hunter, you’ll have fun, you’ll enjoy it, and for once, you’ll stop being mad on anet because they are not capable to fix one simple class after 3.5 years.

All fellow rangers, good luck!

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

did the same thing, Switched to mesmer though… so much fun with all the wells and teleports and OH THE FUN!!!
and just to be sure i stripped my ranger from all its gear. he is dead to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

I love playing my Ranger, but between Druid being a Spec that doesn’t mesh well with core Ranger and the constant waves of nerfs, changes, and neglect, I’m strongly considering either Tempest Ele or DragonHunter while chilling on my Herald.

Maybe things will get better once the dust settles, but even that feels like wishful thinking.

in Ranger

Posted by: Makka.3620

Makka.3620

i envy u really , ive created Kudzu and The Dreamer for my ranger

i can easily pass Kudzu to my warrior and make a burn zerker for raids but what about the dreamer and what about all the 8 bag slots i have on my ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

forget the 8 bag slots, and buy 20s!

in Ranger

Firelysm.4967

i can easily pass Kudzu to my warrior and make a burn zerker for raids but what about the dreamer and what about all the 8 bag slots i have on my ranger

Same here, I have some hard time with it, but with my infinity salvage i dont have a problem ^^ I’ve been never more happy to leave ranger behind for a while, and enjoying my DH as hell!:) I just wish DH was medium set, so i could use full potential, but i’m almost done with 2nd ascended that is meant for heavy class which will bring the sharpness of those shots even harder:)

NOTE for Anet:

• You can do what ever you want with ranger
  • you can take your time
  • It’s no harm to use players, it reveals the real image to the world
Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I tried playing the rest of my 80’s and for some reason I keep playing my ranger. Is this a sign of addiction? I don’t understand, is my opinion wrong? please advise.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Ranger

Firelysm.4967

I tried playing the rest of my 80’s and for some reason I keep playing my ranger. Is this a sign of addiction? I don’t understand, is my opinion wrong? please advise.

I did play 3k+ hours on my rangers, [yes i have mutiple] and i keep making and leveling new ones, but now i’ve decided to play anets game. To not care about their work on ranger until it’s worthy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Makka.3620

Makka.3620

Same here, I have some hard time with it, but with my infinity salvage i dont have a problem ^^ I’ve been never more happy to leave ranger behind for a while, and enjoying my DH as hell!:) I just wish DH was medium set, so i could use full potential, but i’m almost done with 2nd ascended that is meant for heavy class which will bring the sharpness of those shots even harder:)

NOTE for Anet:

• You can do what ever you want with ranger
  • you can take your time
  • It’s no harm to use players, it reveals the real image to the world

What is infinity salvage and how could it help with my legendary weapons and bags?

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

To the OP – It’s great that you’re having fun on DH. It really is. And I’m in no way knocking you when I say the following:

If I wanted to play other classes, I’d be playing other classes.

To Irenio, if you’re reading this – Some communication would be nice.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Firelysm.4967

To the OP – It’s great that you’re having fun on DH. It really is. And I’m in no way knocking you when I say the following:

If I wanted to play other classes, I’d be playing other classes.

To Irenio, if you’re reading this – Some communication would be nice.

This is what i’ve done for nearly 1 year now, and i still think that way, but i don’t feel like staying on class that has every single aspect cropped down or bugged not working or it’s simply done better by 50% by other classes. I was always a fan of underdog and I still am, i just decided to release some tension ^^ No worries brother/sister, i was just suggesting this class to people because it’s really fun, and what i love about DH is how responsive it is, ranger has everything on casting time, no instants, no reaction, every thing takes time! It’s such a great replacement of what ranger should be.

in Ranger

Posted by: odayaka.5263

odayaka.5263

I love my ranger main but with the steady nerfs, major bugs with both Swords AA and Ancestral Grace, and general underwhelming feeling in both PvP and PvE, I’m having a much more enjoyable time on my Tempest. Considering outfitting her for raid healing as well.

It was a nice try and the IDEA of it had me super stoked but honestly healing is clunky at best and as far as buffs and things, the entire elite spec feels very underwhelming compared to how I felt when I saw it in preview and in BWE3.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Well I’m not going to worry about ranger for a while considering the spvp league goes for 8 weeks and substantial changes will not be made during that time.

Good luck all!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

The druid is a result of poor design, poor planning, poor implementation and poor testing.

I am surprised this didn’t work out.

Meanwhile on my reaper – feels good man.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sanguinar.3517

Sanguinar.3517

New here, but can someone tell me why rangers suck or why they feel weak?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

New here, but can someone tell me why rangers suck or why they feel weak?

core ranger isn’t weak at all in truth but their are some things that need to be changed in core ranger. sword aa is just bad, pets are buggy, traits are buggy etc etc.

druid seems like it was designed with raids in mind and not any other aspect of the game, none of the traits synergize with core ranger traits very well. in pvp, because of the amount of healing it can do, the devs keep nerfing our dps or healing in the name of balance but that’s a bad idea because it breaks core ranger.

all in all anet needs to get their stuff together and figure out what they want to do on this class and how it should be played in pve, pvp and wvw.

maybe i’m wrong but i’ve been having a lot of fun on my engi lately and i have 3 years and 2.5k hours on ranger. i’m also looking at ele, necro and chrono so that might be a lot of fun.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.