Fighting Mesmer sPVP

Fighting Mesmer sPVP

in Ranger

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

Man, I always get wrecked by Mesmers. I can kill any other profession, but by far the hardest for me is Mesmer. Any tips on that? I use a lb/gs burst build. The problem is every time i burst with rapid fire they either vanish or reflect. Recently, it’s been harder too…idk if they buffed Mes or I’ve just been sucking more.

Fighting Mesmer sPVP

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

mesmers have more to work with, and people are simply getting better. the interrupt build has a very low skill ceiling, which is why youre seeing a lot of it. but it’s still doable. make sure youre running the correct build though, try any of the 3 in my sig.

you’ll need taunt. you’ll need to know how to time your dodge rolls to avoid the interrupt, and GS #4 block. i don’t like primarily using the LB to fight good mesmers. try using your pet and GS, and finish off with LB.

Fighting Mesmer sPVP

in Ranger

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

Interesting. I will definitely try using more GS against mes, and maybe tweak my build a bit to make GS a little stronger.

Fighting Mesmer sPVP

in Ranger

Posted by: Odyssey.6523

Odyssey.6523

I was just about to open a thread if anyone had good suggestions for fighting PU condition Mesmer builds. No other Mesmer I have a problem with but specifically this build gives me trouble. The 6 seconds of invis and then reappearing healed really hurts me. More ideas in addition to above? (Primarily for sPvP btw)

Also, was looking at remorseless build. I feel like there is an internal CD on remorseless triggering opening strike. Does anyone else see this? You certainly do not get it every time you generate fury.

(edited by Odyssey.6523)

Fighting Mesmer sPVP

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I don’t think Remorseless has an ICD, unless they stealth nerfed it. get as many fury procs as you can, and it will come.

for PU mesmers, I beat them easily with my celestial condi bunker build in the sig. I don’t bother fighting them 1v1 on any power build.