Finish perfecting LB

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

What i would suggest

First and the most important thing for me would be increase arrow velocity so you could hit people at long rages while they’re moving.

Skills

Long Range Shot: Increase its attack speed a little more (i don’t want SB speed but it still feels a little too slow)

Rapid Fire: Channeling time decreased to 3sec instead of 4 1/2

Hunter’s Shot: perfect as is

Point Blank Shot: perfect as is

Barrage: completely removed from LB skill set and put on the utility list. They added a little more survivability with stealth but i feel like this bow needs some kind of evade. So i’d suggest replacing Barrage with Burning Arrow: Set your target on fire for 3sec and evade attacks for 1/2sec, base damage would be low (same as Hunter’s Shot) and have a 13-15sec CD.

Now, im not saying to completely remove Barrage from the game, its good at tagging, but i DO NOT want to ‘waste’ a weapon skill for it, when Barrage is very situational. If Barrage was an utility, all you had to do is equip a bow (LB or SB) to use it, if you had it equipped but have a sword in MH, barrage would be blocked as some skills are underwater until you switch for a bow.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: yoshoken.9432

yoshoken.9432

I really think making Longbow a hybrid weapon (giving it a condition) is a bad idea.

Maybe put the stealth onto 4 (Knock back and stealths) and change 3 into a ranged root/slow.

Of course, something like this would be great for pvp/wvw but not pve.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

Would be even better if it immobilized your target for 2sec. I only named fire because no bows have it and i would like to set people on fire across the map

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Simon.3106

Simon.3106

Oh Ranger Nuka Cola, your suggestion of Barrage stabbed me on my heart.

~Way of the Ranger~
Legendary Ranger, Simon

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

Oh Ranger Nuka Cola, your suggestion of Barrage stabbed me on my heart.

why? Barrage is just an aoe skill, fits the spot of an utility perfectly and give us more survivability on LB. Not only giving us more survivability when wielding a LB but also more versatility because you could take Barrage only when needed instead of always having it loaded on a weapon set. Barrage doesn’t do any good when you 1v1 some1, but an additional evade/burning or immobilize would be great

(edited by Nuka Cola.8520)

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

Barrage is nice at it is, maybe increase Dmg by 15%

Rapidfire needs a huge dmg Buff about 50% Channeltime is ok

I make MUCH ! more Dmg using Longshot than Rapidfire

( e.g. Rapidfire max 17-18k Dmg on 4.5sec, in this time i do more than 25k Dmg with my Longbow if all Arrows hits and Crits. )

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Rapid Fire is supposed to be some sort of defense against opponents at point blank range, so you don’t have to push them back/stealth/swap every time they enter melee range.
Of course #1 deals more damage at max range. It’s designed to do so.
At short range, however, Rapid Fire is king.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

THE PERFECT SOLUTION RIGHT BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Something new and unique to the ranger: hybrid weapons.

Skill sets for weapons change depending on how you are fighting.
Is the targeted enemy at range? You will have your usual skills on the longbow
Is the targeted enemy in melee range? All your longbow skills will become melee skills
1: Some kind of martial arts bruce lee poo with the bow
2: Some kind of evade
3: Poison attack
4: Backwards leap
5: Long duration stun (2s) in a cone (20-30 cd)

Skills turn to melee/range when they pass the 200 (300?) (400?) range to the target mark

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

And Fix this kitten Game Mechanic, that Arrows miss against moving Targets

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Leave Barrage alone, its very good in WvW, it gives me dozens of loot bags, especially when used with sharpened stone and zephyr…

The 1 skill is still rubbish on LB, however…

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

Leave Barrage alone, its very good in WvW, it gives me dozens of loot bags, especially when used with sharpened stone and zephyr…

I never said to completely delete the skill from the game but move it to utilities which you can swap at any given time. What is barrage doing to you when you’re not zerging in wvw? Not much///

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

If we add weakness to hunter shot would that be op?

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

If we add weakness to hunter shot would that be op?

Wouldn’t be OP if it lasts 3sec but if 8sec+ it would be kinda OP. Hunter Shot is fine as is, other skills need much more help than Hunter’s Shot

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I never said to completely delete the skill from the game but move it to utilities which you can swap at any given time. What is barrage doing to you when you’re not zerging in wvw? Not much///

Nooooo, barrage is great, it’s the best skill on the longbow! It’s the ranger’s best AoE weapon skill and one of our highest dps weapon skills. It’s a great opener (after applying vulnerability), great for tagging, great for splashing damage, great for opening on clumps of mobs in PvE (or zergs in WvW), you can hit hard to reach spots with it, it’s an AoE cripple (buying you more time at range), and you can use it for control… Why would you want to remove it? It’s just a little weaker now because of vulnerability being transferred to rapid fire.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I really think making Longbow a hybrid weapon (giving it a condition) is a bad idea.

Maybe put the stealth onto 4 (Knock back and stealths) and change 3 into a ranged root/slow.

I’d like to see Point Blank Shot get the stealth and become a blast finisher, put vulnerability back on Hunter’s Shot and make Rapid Fire cripple or weaken.

Change Long Ranged Shot from damage variability to crit damage variable. At close range no crit damage, at mid range +5% and at long range +10%.

Leave Barrage alone.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

I’d like to see Torment on the longbow to facilitate barrage. Either move and take damage, or stand still and eat barrage. I’d put it on Hunter’s Shot, I think it would synergize really well with stealth.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

I’d like to see Torment on the longbow to facilitate barrage. Either move and take damage, or stand still and eat barrage. I’d put it on Hunter’s Shot, I think it would synergize really well with stealth.

Torment would be amazing. “What your chasing me? You’ll regret that move, buddy.”

I don’t see the synergy, though. Take damage, take more if you move, also I’m invisible so you don’t know where to move too and will just stand there, probably.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Torment would be amazing. “What your chasing me? You’ll regret that move, buddy.”

Yeah you could really gain some range with stealth + torment. And it would make it easier to land barrage in a 1v1, which is my main gripe with the longbow.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

As a longbow Ranger who likes WvW I’d say arrow velocity is a huge must.
Every little thing in WvW is working against that arrow hitting your target. Even minor terrain changes (even little bumps in the ground) will make an arrow less than 1,000 units away flat miss.

Second as I’ve said before, Rapidfire (RF) not only is counter intuitive to the very idea of a “Longbow” but is just plain bad. I would like to see it be reworked into a skill like -Triple Shot- from the last GW. Give it a short charge time that slows you just like RF currently does so it looks like this;

Tripple Shot: Charge up an attack that fires 3 arrows at your target. The longer the charge the more damage.
Max charge time – 2 1/2s
Max Base Damage – Full charge = 125% RF damage. Half charge = 75% RF damage. Lowest = 50% RF damage.

I feel this would go a long way to increasing bow DPS and combos very nicely with the recent Hunter’s Shot update as well as adding in that flare to the Longbow and makes it seem you have that awesome powerful attack. Hell, the Icon doesn’t even need to be changed because it’s 3 arrows!

PS. Barrage interrupts every 3rd hit. [You know you want it! lol]

Never expect any of it but that’s why I’m not main on my Ranger any more…That and the facts pets, even as the most basic of ideas, sadly are just not suited for WvW.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

Nooooo, barrage is great, it’s the best skill on the longbow! It’s the ranger’s best AoE weapon skill and one of our highest dps weapon skills. It’s a great opener (after applying vulnerability), great for tagging, great for splashing damage, great for opening on clumps of mobs in PvE (or zergs in WvW), you can hit hard to reach spots with it, it’s an AoE cripple (buying you more time at range), and you can use it for control… Why would you want to remove it? It’s just a little weaker now because of vulnerability being transferred to rapid fire.

it is an awesome tagger, it is our best aoe, it is great in zergs, it does have good dps on a zerker ranger at least. I NEVER SUGGESTED TO REMOVE IT FROM THE GAME lolz I like it quite a lot but not in spvp, not in a 1v1, not by solo roaming in wvw. If weapon skills were changeable i wouldn’t have made this thread because i could just swap for Barrage when needed (zergs/pve farming such as Orr) but you can’t and being stuck with it in a 1v1 is pretty much like playing with 4 weapon skills instead of 5. That is what i want them to do, not remove it from the game but move it to utilities because Barrage as a skill makes as much sense on a LB as it does on SB anyways.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Except how would Barrage work as a utility slot? You just summon arrows from nowhere? Face it, your idea is bad, we’re better off keeping it as is.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

Except how would Barrage work as a utility slot? You just summon arrows from nowhere? Face it, your idea is bad, we’re better off keeping it as is.

No you wouldn’t. I already stated how it would work in previous posts. For barrage to work you need a bow equipped, Barrage would be tied to both bows but is not on weapon skill bar as it is currently. If you have Barrage equipped in your utility but currently wielding anything else but bows it will be blocked like Entangle is underwater (except it would actually show on your utility bar instead of not even being able to drag Entangle as an elite underwater) until you swap for a bow. How is this a bad idea?

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

On a side note, we already have an extremely slow auto attack (certainly better than it was but not good enough), Rapid fire is probably the slower activation skill in the game AND Barrage is another slow+rooted animation skill. this is three out of 5 slow kitten skills and when you cannot swap them for anything else that’s innacceptable in my book.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

No you wouldn’t. I already stated how it would work in previous posts. For barrage to work you need a bow equipped, Barrage would be tied to both bows but is not on weapon skill bar as it is currently. If you have Barrage equipped in your utility but currently wielding anything else but bows it will be blocked like Entangle is underwater (except it would actually show on your utility bar instead of not even being able to drag Entangle as an elite underwater) until you swap for a bow. How is this a bad idea?

Because it forces you to use a weapon, meaning it might as well be a weapon skill like it is now. No utility slot in the game requires you to equip any specific weapon to use.

[hS]

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I think you need to be happy with what you have now. Don’t see this patch as the new standard for your expectations.

This patch is kind of tricky and ANet took a risk by adding a 3s stealth on a 10/12s cooldown skill on a profession that didn’t even have access to stealth yet. But I really like it a lot and I don’t feel overpowered with it; I just have more options available to me.

The range change to point blank shot was fantastic too. I’ve been asking for the skill to be the same range as the other skills, but I think 900 might be enough. 1200 range with a knockdown past 900 range would still be great.

That said, I still think the longbow suffers the most from having a pet which handicaps the power stat of the Ranger. I wish I could choose whether or not I give the pet my stats. Either through traits or through an updated pet menu.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

Because it forces you to use a weapon, meaning it might as well be a weapon skill like it is now. No utility slot in the game requires you to equip any specific weapon to use.

i know its not ‘yet’ but its time to be more flexible and have stuff like that especially if we will never be able to swap weapon skills. My suggestion is nothing new, gw1 and assassin had it with daggers. To use X skill you had to start a chain with a Lead Attack to be followed with X Dual Attack. If you don’t, that Dual Attack ‘misses’ or whatever. Same with Barrage, a bow would be its requirement (to not ‘miss’) but is not tied to your weapon skill bar 1-5.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

This ain’t Guild Wars 1, honey. If you want to play GW1 go play it, don’t go changing GW2 into GW1, which was crap IMO.

[hS]

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Nuka Cola.8520

This ain’t Guild Wars 1, honey. If you want to play GW1 go play it, don’t go changing GW2 into GW1, which was crap IMO.

GW1 crap haha okay you’re probably from WoW or other crappy mmo so you wouldn’t understand that mechanic and it would be too difficult for you. I understand, no worries.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Actually, WoW was horribly generic, so it couldn’t keep my attention from the demo I played of it. I played F2P MMOs up to this point. I didn’t like several systems in GW1 when I played the demo about 3 years ago, which is why I said it was crap IMO.

Back on topic, if there had been actual utility skills that had this mechanic from the beginning of this game, I wouldn’t care about a simple change like that. However, because there are no utility slots like that in this game, it’s a bad idea because of several things.

1. You’ll be forcing people to use a slot that can be used for something better, like one of the traps, one of the signets, or one of the evasion skills.

2. You’ll be making a lot of players angry for this change, and it will set a precedent to do that with every class. The public outcry from this overall will be bad enough to where it would be reversed back to normal in less than a month.

[hS]

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

GW1 crap haha okay you’re probably from WoW or other crappy mmo so you wouldn’t understand that mechanic and it would be too difficult for you. I understand, no worries.

No, GW1 is a pretty crappy game. It has nothing to do with where you’re from. I’m from pretty much anything that isn’t WoW and I can’t play GW1 for any length of time for how bad it is. Something that really makes me sad because I really want to get 30 in HoM, but I just can’t force myself into the game.

So anyway, how about, instead of trying to completely redesign game mechanics to make an idea even have a chance of working, we try to stick with the realm of posibility and work within the system as it currently exists. No weapon power swapping, and no weapon restricted skills.

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I don’t want it removed from LB, from a loot gathering perspective Barrage is by far the best skill. Not only does it give me loads and loads of loot bags in WvW, it gives me loads of loot in PvE as well. I just run around aggro loads of them, group them up, barrage, sharpened stone, zephyr = quickest way to kill mobs for a ranger.

Moving it to a utility would be a TERRIBLE idea, that means I would lose one of my current utility skills off my bar, no thanks…

Personally, I am happy with skills 2-5 on LB, they are all useful. Its that rubbish 1 skill that sucks, honestly if it was as fast as shortbow 1 skill but inflicted no condition, had increased direct damage, LB would be a great weapon…

Finish perfecting LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I’d like to see Point Blank Shot get the stealth and become a blast finisher, put vulnerability back on Hunter’s Shot and make Rapid Fire cripple or weaken.

Change Long Ranged Shot from damage variability to crit damage variable. At close range no crit damage, at mid range +5% and at long range +10%.

Leave Barrage alone.

This sounds not that bad, i really like to get rid of the damage scaling on distance for Longbow.

And yes .. leave barrage alone. Only change i would like to see is maybe shorten the cooldown

And Rapid Fire should be 3,5 seconds just like 100 blades.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.