For the love of Tyria vote for ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/Vote-for-the-Profession-Collaborative-Development/first

This is a great way to send a clear message on the situation of ranger, it has already been posted down below but I just wanted to make sure everyone knows the voting ends at 5:00 pm pacific time tomorrow, so make sure to get your vote in time.

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Got my vote in as I agree with the Ranger desperately requiring the most help in my opinion.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m pretty sure I out ranger as #2, but that’s cause I play an ele and know they need a little more love than us… But it’s pretty unanimous that ranger and ele are the 2 that need most work

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I’m pretty sure I out ranger as #2, but that’s cause I play an ele and know they need a little more love than us… But it’s pretty unanimous that ranger and ele are the 2 that need most work

Curiously, as someone who doesn’t play an ele, why is that? I /cheer inside when an ele joins my team. Those fire fields, blast finishers, ice bows and such assist me in melting everything on the screen. They seem absolutely amazing and I’d take them any day over… everything but a warrior. Strictly speaking, PvE and WvW.

Champion Hunter

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

I think the complaints about elementalists are mostly PvP/WvW roaming ones. Elementalists are amazing in PvE and WvW zerging for as far as I know.

in Ranger

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

I voted for ranger but I’m pretty sure this cdi will change nothing just like the other CDIs.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Curiously, as someone who doesn’t play an ele, why is that? I /cheer inside when an ele joins my team. Those fire fields, blast finishers, ice bows and such assist me in melting everything on the screen. They seem absolutely amazing and I’d take them any day over… everything but a warrior. Strictly speaking, PvE and WvW.

The problem is just about every ele build (hell maybe it is EVERY) that’s half way decent needs 20-30 in arcane, they have absolutely 0 passive defense so if you can CC them they’re dead (an ele sitting still is a dead ele), and then if you go full on balls to the wall zerker or bunker, what have you, you do worse than other profs because you’ve got the “hybrid tax” due to them always having support, a little tankyness, and a little CC no matter what they try and do.

Not to mention their traits are just horrid for the most part and make ours look top tier… Utilities and skills they’ve got, the general “mechanic” needs some tweaks, and their traits need an overhaul.

PvE I’m pretty sure eles are fine cause they can just grab a staff, run full zerker and stand in the back and have almost 0 issue, in WvW any half way decent thief will get free loot bags off a zerker ele, and in PvP you just don’t stand a chance if you go zerker, and everything else you’re subpar in due to not being able to go full on in one role.

Tbh if ele couldn’t go full on in one role, but could juggle between all 3 throughout a fight i feel like they would have their niche and they’d be REALLY useful

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Not even sure I want to vote ranger.. The post says they want to re-balance every class and we’re just voting on which comes first.

If rangers win all they will do is buff us up and we’ll be happy for a few weeks, then they will get round to buffing all the others and we’ll be the worst again :P

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Not even sure I want to vote ranger.. The post says they want to re-balance every class and we’re just voting on which comes first.

If rangers win all they will do is buff us up and we’ll be happy for a few weeks, then they will get round to buffing all the others and we’ll be the worst again :P

That’s how these games work. Everyone gets a turn. Warriors have had a good run recently along with necros.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

ITS A TRAP!

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

i don’t think it would be the case that they will talk about one class make the changes talk about another class make changes, etc. that would be kinda silly as classes need to be balanced in relation to each other not on an individual bases.

If i was a betting man (well i am) i would suggest that we will go through each of the classes one at a time before we see a meaning full out come and change, so if we are first i may take 6+ months between the cdi and a major change, minor changes will happen along the way

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

Their problem seems to be the same problem as ranger. Their class mechanic lends itself to analysis of their strength potential with other people around. SO many fields and theoretically alot of finishers if you count in utilities. Creates a very high theoretical capacity not functionally realized.

Our’s lends itself to analysis of our potential with the pet around operating at a theoretical capacity realized on the side of a fixed location barn.

Warriors – a bonus attack type with a recharge timer
thiefs – CD steal of an ability from another class
Necro’s – A different attack form on a timer/timer
Guardians – again a simple ability plus active on 3 virtues
Mesmer – 4 different attack options

Engi – suffers a mechanic somewhat akin to ranger/elem in broad variable benefit through kits. There is a reason they and elementalists get 1 weapon then their mechanic alterations. It still leads to a much more complex analysis of their potential. The majority of classes including rangers have the variable interaction of 2, 5 ability weapon sets plus 3 utilities, plus 1 heal and 1 elite.

Elementalists and engineers have 1 weapon set of 5 slots plus 1 heal skill that may open another 5 interactions plus 3 utility skills that also have the potential to open up another 5 slots each plus an elite that can open up another 5 slots. That results in alot of potential interactions to theorize worst case scenario potential on….. potential access to 30 active triggered effects in 1 single layout.

Most of us get 10 (weapon skills), 3 utilities, 1 class, 1 elite. Of Course ranger pets and the fact we could be running one of many add variability to the rangers performance envelope as well.

Fundamentally elementalists, rangers and engineers have more variables(skills) that can be activated at player control at a given time making balancing for them harder.

It is no surprise we are the three that need it most.

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Everyone!!

We all know Ranger will be in the top 3 classes to look at, please!!!

help our profession by addressing core issues that we rangers experience in game by being productive in one of my topics in the forum.

here is a link

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Development-Progression-after-poll

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

i’ve seen someone in there saying rangers are too good because of overpowered AI and spirits. Now i’m afraid ranger will be nerfed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

i’ve seen someone in there saying rangers are too good because of overpowered AI and spirits. Now i’m afraid ranger will be nerfed.

I’ve never seen a class balance of an online game that did not include some things we the player base consider nerfs. And I’ve been playing them since they were text based muds and al gore hadn’t yet claimed to invent the internet because most people had no clue what it was.

One can rest assured there will be changes we dislike whenever our time comes.

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Well it looks like we will win… so far rangers have the most votes and by FAR the most #1 votes.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Now let’s only hope something will be actually done with these votes. We have been waiting since launch for meaningful changes and except for the Aquaman patch we don’t really have much to show for it.

I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement after this patch and we will continue to make those improvements.

This was a portion of the post Jon said over a year ago, yet from what I recall we have seen more nerfs than actual improvements. Any of you recall the quickness nerf on shortbow for which he gave us that bogus story about an animation fix? Or to have supposedly made pets hit more reliably; and then immediately proceeded to nerf the main damage abilities of most pets into the ground?

But let’s see what is going to happen. I just find it rather peculiar (and suspicious) that ANet now throws us the ball, to give us the impression (or illusion) that we have anything to say about it; even though they should know the state of their own game and how broken Rangers are. And in part they became even more broken because of the knee-jerk nerfs of every single build we could scavenge together.

Just my personal opinion on the matter. I apologize if it radiates some anger.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Picturing the standard NERFbuffNERF sandwich that Anet has been prone to do to the ranger profession, I for one am starting to run out of imagination to what these could be.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Ranger definitely needs the most help and it seems most people agree. I am scared, however, to have our class be the guinea pig.

in Ranger

Posted by: Neoheart.2750

Neoheart.2750

At this point any positive change would make me happy. Im not only concerned about the ranger class but the output and communication from Anet.

Not to sound too negative but im starting to get that “dead game” feeling. Found myself googling Wildstar more and more these days lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Eles? Who’re invincible all the time, but in exchange, they just full heal up by hitting 8k criticals? C’mon…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Eles? Who’re invincible all the time, but in exchange, they just full heal up by hitting 8k criticals? C’mon…

By all the time in assuming you mean that skill with a 75s CD that doesn’t allow them to cast any spells at all? You mean compared to the THREE in vulnerabilities rangers have that still allow us to cast everything? That one measily invuln that’s used more as a “kitten this I’m out”/secured stomp ability instead of something more useful?

Play an ele before you talk about how they don’t need help.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

In PvP, spirits could use some looking at. They’re pretty stupid gameplay, and overshadow everything else. Rangers are the best bunkers because of them and we don’t even get to “play”.

But rangers will not be nerfed. That’s not the point of that thread.

They also specifically said that they were concerned about power creep, so I don’t think we need to worry about rangers getting buffed and then 6 months later warriors getting buffed and the whole process starts over.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

ITS A TRAP!

Hopefully working one. Without necessary trait investment

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

Judging from the thread, Rangers are the last profession that needs campaigning in their own forums.

Rangers are on almost every list on there.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Maybe they can drop by and tell us Rangers (and by Rangers I mean petting zoos and nothing else) are very popular in some sort of weird Duo-PvP I’ve never heard of and will never give a squat about and that means Rangers are doing fine.

Oh, wait, that was December.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

Posted by: KeyLimPi.9031

KeyLimPi.9031

As an Ele main, we need help. That said, I gave my #1 vote to you guys. I adore my ranger and hope that one day I can justify having made Azureflame on her.

That said, I think the class is “alright” but I do with they’d allow me to just put

#1: Ranger – Traitlines

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Rangers have atleast half of all #1 votes, and about 80% of all the posts in that thread mentions Ranger in some way. (Ele’s, Necros, Engi’s, Mesmers, and Theves are also on many lists, and Warriors and Guardians are hardly mentioned at all)

the reasons for each individual vote differs, but, that should tell you something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Paz… Thanks for this thread. Have voted for our beloved ranger now:)

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

ITS A TRAP!

Hopefully working one. Without necessary trait investment

HA! I got that one!

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

not balance, “dev time”. development.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Approximate estimate and not reliable, but an overview for those interested (thanks to JS and regex) votes up to (including) page 24. (if someone voted multiple times, the newest was used)

Prof               voted 1st   voted 2nd   voted 3rd   total
ele                    200            188               166                 554
mes                  60               57                  86                 203
war                  11                26                49                   86
ranger             446             259             116                  821
necro               90               132             167                 389
guard               7                  6                  9                     22
thief                30                 54                84                  168
engi                 46                157              179                382
total                890               879             856               2625

Even if I would have missed 100 votes, ranger and ele are currently first and second.

Correction,….93% of all posts mention the Ranger in some way, and we still have a solid 50% of all #1 votes. double posters were not counted.

Don’t stop now! If you haven’t voted yet, get to that thread and vote! Its unlikely that Elementalists will pull ahead, but lets not take that chance!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

Good job guys, nice to rally the troops to show our desire for an improved class.

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: adasda.2059

adasda.2059

Good job guys, nice to rally the troops to show our desire for an improved class.

Good job, indeed.

I look forward to yet another series of developer posts in which they tell us “rangers are in a good place,” refuse to admit how badly they have failed with this class, ignore or delete any customer commentary on specific issues which embarrass the development team, promise “great things,” and deliver nerfs.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Hi
yeah, so, I quit last summer partly b/c they specifically said they weren’t going balance around PvE which mainly meant they refused to do anything at all with Ranger. Has it reached this point mainly b/c that remained the status quo the past 8 months?? Was anything actually GOOD ever done in between that time? And I’m not talking about more hitpoints for the pets, I tested that change… it meant the pet could take 1 extra hit from a Dungeon boss. (or still only ONE in the case of TA’s path #4 boss or basically every single trap ever & Jade Maw attacks while also making the Lupicus & bloodstone-Dwayna fight more difficult for everyone else on the team b/c the pet wouldn’t die SOON ENOUGH).

So what changed so far? Did pets ever get a Go-To flagging ability like our Heroes in GW1 had? Did 1h-Sword ever get fixed so we could cancel and Dodge instead of being locked in additional follow-throughs that launched us off cliffs? Did shortbow ever get dragged out of the ditch it was left in? Is Dagger still only highly situational at best in PVE? Did we ever get Torch as a Mainhand? What DPS buffs did we get this fall? And don’t forget Gear-Treadmill just making the pet worse because it doesn’t benefit. And Is Longbow-Bear still the only variety of ranger I’ll see if I WERE to login and walk around any area in close proximity to the cities, or where there’s a World Boss? Would I still be seeing Bear-Longbows in Dungeon PUGs too? Do dungeon pugs even still exist??

PS: holy cow, Nike!
You haven’t been banned yet?? Maybe there;s a shred of hope left here after all

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Got my vote as 1. Ranger / 2. Ele

Ranger needs the buff most tbh !
and then my ele

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

I agree with Durzlla since I alt an Ele. You do have more tricks up your sleeves as an ele but that’s not worth much aside from being able to annoy people. I run fresh air 0/30/0/10/30 with the usual cantrips and I can dance closer to the zerg and outlive my ranger but I can’t do kitten to them. The only thing Eles can do is go full zerk staff to zerg surf, or roam with bunker D/D, cuz otherwise you’ll get melted.

And it’s quite hard to land the 8k hits on people. Churning earth is basically a death sentence in a zerg, plus you need to blow a teleport to land it. Fire grab is even worse to land than maul. You don’t need to light someone on fire first before getting an 8k maul and it’s on a drastically lower cooldown vs fire grab. Plus there’s nothing to CC the person there like hilt bash.

Believe it or not, it’s actually easier to do damage on my zerker ranger than it is on an ele. The reward is not worth the amount of effort put into it. The concept of the ele is fun but it really lacks a lot of refinement. It’s the masochist in me that made me go from the worst class to the second worst one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

What has me support ranger for the first class that needs the most help even higher than elementalist is the fact a ranger can not be a ranger. (Im an elly main, but ranger needs help)

The pets do not work right and the anti spawn exploitation that monsters have prevent a ranger from kiting. If a player character attacks a monster from above and the monster is unable to find a clear path to the player, the damage against the monster goes invulnerable.

In fact ranger and elly face the same problem that one can not target an AoE at an angle from above, so even from above 1200 range the targetting would not appear.

example…. taking the mathematical pythagoream theorem.

If a ranger faced me from a 45 degree angle on top of a structure meeting at 90 degrees at the base, where i stand that makes a 90-45-45 triangle. Where the ranger is viewing me from the top is the hypotenuse being the square root of 2, which is 1.41. This means the distance from where I am standing to the ranger is 1.41 times greater. I said our distance to the base where the ranger is standing on is 900. Taking a calculator we have 900 × 1.41 = 1269 which is out of range for both of us hitting each other, since 1269 units > 1200 range. The thing is that if you are the ranger standing on top of the area looking at me, your targetting reticle wont appear, if it does it will be red and you cant even launch your attack. I can angle to actually target an AoE by actually aiming at the wall itself. I can move up to the base by 30 units, then angle an attack at the wall at 820 units…In short 820^2 + 870^2 = C^2 where C = 1196 range. Remember the target on top, specifically the ranger…..aiming at me is aiming at me from 900 units above the base…im just hitting the wall.

I am aiming at the wall itself….because i can simply cast meteor shower or another AoE and the projectile is generated from above which descends to hit the surface….

The ranger standing on top will do 900^2 + 870^2 = C^2 where C = 1251. 1251 units > 1200 range. So he will have to actually target over 75 units away from his intended target hoping his AoE would hit off-center……and it will still be at 1200.84 range. So it will be around 76 units away. (900^2 + 795^2 = C^2’ C = 1200.84)

So what is the difference?

The ranger or target on top is doing it legitimately and had limited space on top to run or dodge. The target below, is hitting the target above for tons of damage by hitting the wall with an AoE like barrage or meteor shower.

I can use the wall to give you a direct hit from below from the projectile generation occuring from above and score more hits on you than hitting me with the same attack.

In short I can hit the wall itself 80 units below the target and 30 units closer to the base from a Right Triangle and hit you dead on, while your attack from above under the same skill will hit me for less even though you have less room to dodge, run, but have a height advantage over me….and your damage using the same skill under the same build will hit me for less.

Also if you use 900 range attacks, dont count on even the reticle showing up even though the only way the attack will go is down, with the support of gravity.

Please note…
It should be observed that while I like math, I did not use rocket science! I simply used the pythagoream theorem and this math is taught in eight grade under the Common-Core guidelines. In short, I used middle school math within the area of Geometry.

I refrained from using calculus as many cringe to it, but many out there have an undying love for geometry (currently it is the world’s most popular and most widely used of all the maths)

(Yes, i just used math to prove that in guild wars physics, players have less of an advantage at higher ground than lower ground due to how projectiled at end of range simply just vanish)

(edited by Setsunayaki.4907)