Fresh Reinforcement needs to be a minor.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fresh_Reinforcement

This trait should not only transfer the boons on the pet to the Ranger upon entering Beastmode, but also transfer the boons on the Ranger to the pet when exiting.

We all know why, not sure why they don’t.

I like Wondrouswall’s suggestion of combining it with Twice as Vicious which would apply upon entering beastmode as well, instead of on disable. This makes playing around entering/exiting instead of camping beastmode more attractive as well.

Then another minor adept could be created with some synergy, such as poisoning nearby foes when a boon ends on you or Apply Poison for 1s on all attacks. Something like that. Anything that works with conditions or ties in for some synergy with the other traits, something that is sorely lacking.

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

+1

It should be a minor.

It would be great if a dev could let us know that our suggestions have been noticed. There’s been a lot of feedback so far based on what we’ve seen from videos/wiki.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Not sure I get the fixation with applying these things on entering / exiting BM.

I mean, I get that BM kind of breaks a lot of ranger aspects, because most of our stuff is designed around giving the pet something. So if we ‘absorb’ the pet then half our traits go to waste.

But, some things like Twice as Vicious seem fine as is…because if that is on enter / exit then you take away other possibilities, like PBS or pet knockdown triggering it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Not sure I get the fixation with applying these things on entering / exiting BM.

I mean, I get that BM kind of breaks a lot of ranger aspects, because most of our stuff is designed around giving the pet something. So if we ‘absorb’ the pet then half our traits go to waste.

But, some things like Twice as Vicious seem fine as is…because if that is on enter / exit then you take away other possibilities, like PBS or pet knockdown triggering it.

If you make traits apply upon entering/exiting, it means there is incentive to do it, rather than just camp beastmode 24/7. That way entering and exiting will work even better for burst setups since you will get a boon boost and the additional damage from TaV. Plus, all the pet swap traits are useless to you if you camp beastmode as are a lot of the other traits, there needs to be more synergy with existing mechanics, not less. Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow are examples of this and CAF counts as a weapon swap too.

I think entering and exiting beast mode should count as a pet swap and not a weapon swap, the opposite of CAF.

Pet interrupts and disables don’t count towards other traits like MoC so I don’t think TaV will count when performed by the pet either. There is also no reason TaV could not be rolled into another trait, it’s quite weak really and very situational.

One of the traits in Minor Adept really needs to apply poison or interact with poison, like making attacks apply 1s poison, when a boon ends in an aoe, in an AoE when entering or exiting beastmode, or tacked onto live fast as an aoe too.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Yep please.

enough of this filler traits which should be baseline but instead you have to waste a trait for this. We need more inspiring traits and skills.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!