Full Glass Solo Ranger in action [VIDEO]

in Ranger

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sotVE9R5K60

The build is 6/2/6/0/0 with full glass trinks/armor/weapons. Bloodlust/Energy sigils on Greatsword, Fire/Air sigils on Longbow.

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Fun watch nicely done. Loved the opening clip…

One note! Your poor Pet, left it hung out to dry a few times when it’s F2 could have served you well, that being said hindsight 20/20 and great vid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Good video.

Don’t you just love it when it is x class with ranger mixed in you are fighting? kitten arrows start wising by, PEW PEW PEW. Fun never the less.

When you are fighting near the cliff(s) – I was expecting some LB 4 love there and sending someone over the edge

Kishanthief – ‘The Lag…’, ‘Please don’t save me’

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

Fun watch nicely done. Loved the opening clip…

One note! Your poor Pet, left it hung out to dry a few times when it’s F2 could have served you well, that being said hindsight 20/20 and great vid.

Ya. I haven’t played ranger since before all the longbow buffs and I haven’t gotten completely used to having a pet again yet :P

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

Good video.

When you are fighting near the cliff(s) – I was expecting some LB 4 love there and sending someone over the edge

4:45 in the video

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Very satisfying video to watch, nice to see a Ranger who doesn’t freak out when they’re gap-closed or during LB 2 cooldown. Are you full berserker with scholar runes?

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Fire/Air sigils on Longbow.

Been wondering about that. Fire provides AoE, so has its own additional effect, but what’s the consensus on Air vs Force? Wouldn’t that constant 5% outdo the lightning proc and it’s icd quickly with a reasonable crit chance?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

Fire/Air sigils on Longbow.

Been wondering about that. Fire provides AoE, so has its own additional effect, but what’s the consensus on Air vs Force? Wouldn’t that constant 5% outdo the lightning proc and it’s icd quickly with a reasonable crit chance?

Force effectiveness is only best when against multiple targets, and only when you do consistent damage over a period of time (maybe 20 secs?), and only when high vulnerable is considered, and only when at max range of LB AA (force effectiveness reduced in close range for LB because the base damage of LB is lower, whereas fire+air always do the same damage despite the range)

Under 2.5 seconds burst, air+fire almost always does more damage than force through RF. Forces takes way longer to build up higher damage, which is not favorable in a pvp/wvw situation.

In short air almost always has higher burst than force. (Burst = damage within a short period of time)

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I see. Only ever worth it for heavy piercing situations in wvw then. Cheers.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!