Full Soldiers 9k Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

All of the math and explanations below ONLY pertain to the Soldiers Version of the build

link to the build:

Full Soldiers Version
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0yaFLGsw1ag9AZdgCRaP82OXbLZRBB-TVSBwAGV+hT9nr7PkSXjElgLOgC5vEAsN/B4JFQKgBWGB-w

Damaging Version (Mixed Stats)
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjEq0yaFLGsw1ag9AZdgCRaP82OXbLZRBB-T1CBwAQ3fIn6PLVqcTXAgHBwUlVq0wQRJ4DzfMugCBOSBkCYUhRA-w

so basically, these are 2 builds that take advantage of numerous damage modifiers.

damage modifiers:

25% from signet of the wild active
10% from scholars
10% from food
10% at night
10% from steady focus
10% from peak strength (25 point minor in wilderness survival)
5% from eagle eye
5% from force
5% from opening strike’s vulnerability
and an additional 5-15% from vulnerability later in fight (from maul/full channel of rapid fire)

the math:

in total, this adds up to 90-105% increased damage if everything lines up (nighttime, used signet of wild, moving, etc. etc.)

with 25 stacks of bloodlust, the damage from rapid fire reads (10x) 4590 damage. basically, in total, all 10 shots = 4590

however, the build editor only takes into account the additional damage from eagle eye

so divide 4590 by 10… (459)

multiply that by 1.9 (base from start of the fight, added damage from vulnerability from rapid fire while channeling (rapid fire is not what you would be opening with btw, ill explain at the bottom)

and multiply that by 10 again to get the full damage you will be hitting from rapid fire and you get 8721 damage, with any stacks of might, this would go up further

also, keep in mind this is without the added vulnerability damage during the channel of rapid fire, so this would probably end up hitting for 8800-9000 (I don’t know the exact numbers) on rapid fire alone

the final goodies =D:

now, 25 minor trait in marksmanship says that opening strike always critical hits. you have 157% critical damage, now to take advantage of this, preferably you want to open with long range shot (longbow auto attack) at max range which deals 1102 damage. so, 1.9 damage modifier + 1.57 from crit, you get 3.47 total increase in damage on the first hit.

3.47 times 1102 = 3823 damage

now… take this, and add it to the damage from rapid fire (let’s just say 8800), you hit for about 12623 damage by the time you auto attack once and finish the rapid fire channel…

just a side note:

if you’re feeling cool, you can open with maul instead of long range shot, this hits for 1961 base damage.

with opening strike and the 1.9 damage modifier, you get, again, a 3.47 total increase

so… 3.47 times 1961… and you gettttt… a whopping 6804 damage! =D

so if you open with maul, then rapid fire (8800 damage), you hit for a total of 15604 damage

loool, this just keeps going on and on…:

-sigh- I forgot to take into account the 1.5% damage modifier you get from signet of the hunt active…

so 3.47 + 1.5 = 5.2 total increase

if you open with long range shot (1102 damage), this would hit for 5730 damage

if you open with maul (1961 damage), this would hit for 10197 damage…

so again, 10197 + 8800, and you hit for 18997 damage in total

TLDR:
super tanky, super hard hitting ranger :]

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

in Ranger

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

It doesn’t matter what you multiply nothing by, you still get nothing.

That explains why you’re getting a lol9k total damage from a full Rapid Fire channel.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

hm? can you explain

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

1.25% * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.05 * 1.05 * 1.05 * 0 (aka nothing) = 0 (nothing)

Guang’s saying your damage is bad.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

still not understanding…
where are u getting 0 from?

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Soldier’s gear.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

lol. that’s what damage modifiers are for

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

You could also just autoattack and deal more damage ._.

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

In your set up your attack is 2,643 but very little crit chance or increase above base crit damage. However, if you go full zerk gear you will have 2,578 attack but a 37% chance to crit, doing over 200% more damage on crit. (bloodlust stacks not included)

In other words, if you going for BIG damage you should not use soldiers, which is more survival oriented, but you should use berzerkers, which better supports crit & crit damage increase.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lace.9472

Lace.9472

Just a general note more on Rapid Fire than anything but a good block can negate a lot of that. Not to suggest you are suggesting this – but ideally I would avoid creating a build around 1 skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Where were you planning on using this? If it was for PvE, that’s off-the-chart horribly bad, terribad, pathetic damage.

If you meant for WvW, it’s a confusing idea. Being tanky is only benefiting you if you’re going to take damage. The idea of a LB is to not get hit at all. Now, that’s not a realistic goal in WvW because people will close the gap on you; a thief will close it before you even get in to LB range. So now you have no range, are durable and have a weapon and armor stats that do extremely small amounts of damage. Better conclusion for a tanky power ranger? Use melee, which does far more damage than a LB.

One final note, those damage modifiers are mostly the ones used in the 1h sword PvE meta, so it’s not unique to rapid fire. Sword autoattacks hit for 2 or 3k.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

You realize that with all those damage modifiers in a zerker gear or close to it, you could get close to 9k auto attacks instead of a full rapid fire, right?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrow Storm.4618

Arrow Storm.4618

The comments on this thread are borderline unnecessary. What if OP wants a good balance between tankiness and damage?
All you guys have done is criticize and make OP feel like kitten for sharing his build with everyone.

It’s a shame that this forum deems any damage below a certain point as “0 damage”..

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

The comments on this thread are borderline unnecessary. What if OP wants a good balance between tankiness and damage?
All you guys have done is criticize and make OP feel like kitten for sharing his build with everyone.

It’s a shame that this forum deems any damage below a certain point as “0 damage”..

No one has been rude to him that I’ve seen. And yes, 9k over 4.5 seconds might as well be zero damage. Warriors do what is it, 13k DPS?

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Not sure why people are so opposed to this. I mean sure, stacking all those modifiers is a bit over the top (noone actually uses those foods/sigils), and obviously if you’re in full zerker with those modifiers you get much more damage (duh).

But in a simular build, using full dire, doing 9k damage over 4.5 seconds is the same as having burning, poison and 5-6 stacks of bleeding on, which is a fair amount of damage.

And since we all know RF isnt actually very good DPS.. in a simular tanky build using S/WH you could likely be doing 12-14k damage over that timeframe, which is more than you’d manage on an “OP” full dire build.

So… yeah.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Its definately tanky but damage is meh. Rapid fire is a long channel, dont get swayed by the big number at the end.

A tanky hard hitting ranger can be had with a lot less health, you dont need that much. You want a decent crit chance as well (~50%).

Its interesting too see + damage% stacked that high though!

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Its definately tanky but damage is meh. Rapid fire is a long channel, dont get swayed by the big number at the end.

You can rapid fire those tentacle things at the jade maw for like 25k, and that’s STILL bad damage.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

well, I wasn’t actually planning on using this, and what arrow storm said was partially correct, I wanted to see how much damage I could pump out from full soldiers gear, ive been playing this game since release so you guys don’t have to tell me that zerker gear deals more damage… lol. I know that already, and I also know you can reach crazy numbers if you swapped the gear out and had 100% crit chance, 200+ crit damage, etc. etc.

anyways, I wasn’t going for glass in this. I was just trying to show that you can still hit big numbers while still being tanky

so, you can still kill without being 1 shotted when another gc thief uses mug on you… lol… even in full soldiers

and yeah, idk, it what kind of confusing at first because I didn’t know what the first few posters were saying when they said I had zero damage, I spent a bit of time doing all of the calculations and didn’t realize I would be trolled on the first response

aaaand, this is for wvw btw, not pve

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

You do realize, sweety, that Sigil of Night is for the dungeons, right? On WvW or open PvE, or PvP in general it won’t work.

Another LB hero thinking he had discovered the Holy Grail.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

aaaand, this is for wvw btw, not pve

I thought that was the case. You mention opening with maul and then switching to RF, but you’re way better off damage wise sticking in GS. With those same modifiers you can do respectable damage. 9k is only 2k per second, and it won’t even hit that high in WvW. My full glass cannon can rapid fire a warrior for like 10k, which he’s outhealsigged by the time I’m done using the skill (slight exaggeration, but not much!)

Rym, Sigil of Night works in dungeons because they are permanently set at night. WvW has a day night cycle as well.

Edit: to Kilger below, I think GC RF hits guards for like 12 or 15k IIRC (burnt out on tourney so I haven’t been in in a while.) I only use that as an opener to melee range, but admittedly they are nearly dead after that.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

You can rapid fire those tentacle things at the jade maw for like 25k, and that’s STILL bad damage.

PVE talk is all gibberish to me. :p Tell me how much in damage to a guard or something.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

rym, I sense the sarcasm, so I will explain lol, im just trying to put on a ton of damage modifiers on soldiers gear to max the damage I can get while still being fairly tanky… I already understand sigil of night is better for dungeons because of the perma nighttime, but wvw also has day/night cycles and if its day, I can swap night out for a sigil of peril or something like that

anyways, what I said about opening with maul and switching to rapid fire, the rotations, etc. etc., I already know its unrealistic to land maul the first thing in a fight, and get the entire rapid fire channel off, I was just trying to show the damage you could do if everything hit

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

The real problem is not only the low damage, I don’t find much survivability, emphatic bond is the only cond. removal and 1 stun breaker, no healing power, the HP is not that high, the armor is good, not even signet of stone to get a bit of invulnerability.
That 9k damage is an all-in trick, if the target dodge/block you’ll cause an even worse damage for a good while.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

That 9k damage is an all-in trick, if the target dodge/block you’ll cause an even worse damage for a good while.

He’ll cause better damage because he’ll be using a GS. And that’s 9k over 4.5 second. Against a warrior that’s probably about 1k damage per second, which is on par with the damage a condi ranger would get out of the power-portion of a shortbow autoattack.

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

But both a cond ranger and warrior can have a even better survivability with similar to better damage.
Also most of his multipliers are very situational, he’ll have a significant damage only at night, with almost full health, behind the enemy and full endurance, and in a tiny window where SotW is active, after that count with basically only GS raw damage isn’t really productive.
I don’t see that build doing any good as a roamer or in a zerg, he seems like an average meat shield with average (at best) damage with no utilities at all.

He doesn’t have healing enough to keep his HP full, he could change a bit of vit and add precision, with that he would rise his DPS by a lot and it would compensate the small power decrease from NM V.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. 9k over 4.5 seconds is extremely low, especially when you factor in all the tank builds in WvW that make it not even be 9k.

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

Yes I agree, that 9k is really really low, and that build with GS wouldn’t make much of a difference.
EDIT: I think I really misunderstood, I thought you were defending his build saying that the GS is what would cause good damage.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

>.> I keep saying, im not planning on using this, im just trying to max the damage I can put out in full soldiers… this was just to show that you can deal a good amount of damage in full soldiers on a ranger…

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

1.25% * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.1 * 1.05 * 1.05 * 1.05 * 0 (aka nothing) = 0 (nothing)

Guang’s saying your damage is bad.

still not understanding…
where are u getting 0 from?

Soldier’s gear.

thanks for that :’D
sad..but true :/

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Your problem is you are piling on tons of -based damage buffs, which are relatively poor multipliers, when your damage is crap already. The marginal damage buff from JUST switching to zerker gear is 40. That means you could drop 40% worth of damage buffs (which is like both sigils, all your runes, all your traits) and dump them full defense spec and still get the same damage.

In other words, if you’re looking to actually minmax your damage and tankiness, start by dropping the boosts that give the least DPS loss relative to the most survivability gain. Either that or just not bother because you’re in lolPVT.

in Ranger

Posted by: Filterkat.2143

Filterkat.2143

But both a cond ranger and warrior can have a even better survivability with similar to better damage.

^^ this.

Firstly your not optimising your traits well. You have a trait that only affects 1 utility skill. Wilderness knowledge can be a great trait to pick up, but is only worth taking if you have 2-4 survival skills on your bar. Strength of spirit can be a good skill to pick up, however only scales well if crit chance and damage is involved, otherwise the extra damage it gives will make a minimal difference.

Secondly, power builds require precision/crit damage to be effective. The base damage you are doing with a pure power build without crit will never be enough to make a significant impact in any situation. The increased defence in your build (which doesn’t include healing power) is only going to prolong your inevitable death.

Also, if you are aiming to be using primarily a longbow, you shouldn’t need nearly as much defence. The point of a longbow is to outrange your enemy, so if you are good with positioning and situational awareness, the majority of the time, you should be attacking from a range from which your enemy can’t hit you, meaning the majority of the time you shouldn’t be taking much damage.

Ive recently theorycrafted a condi build using rabid with sb s/d which averages about 600 damage per crit on a heavy target (warr/guard), with 50% crit chance base, 70% with fury. sb hits about twice per second, so thats about 1200 dps (give or take) with nothing in power… NOT factoring in conditions yet. I have bleed on crit sigil, bleed on crit trait, and bleed duration sigil. Standard, I maintain 800-1200 bleed tick, which if cleansed I can reapply within 3 seconds. If im flanking, my bleed tick can go up to around 1700. If I pop bleed burst (sharpening stone) it EASILY goes above 2000 bleed tick and more again if im flanking. All while having 2 stun breaks, including an immob break/stun break evade and condition cleanse in 1 move, 2 ACTIVE condi cleanses total which clear 2 conditions each.

If I switch to s/d because im in melee range I have a bunch of evades for defence on top of my high armour rating, have higher base raw damage than SB, which means i also crit for more than I would with sb, apply almost as many bleeds as with sb, and have perma poison, which with the poison master trait, ticks for just under 400 per tick.

In short, average direct damage + VERY impressive condi spam/damage + high defence

If you want to go for a power build, you need to spec hard into prec/crit damage to make full use of your damage coeficients, otherwise it is just not worth it. If you want to min/max damage VS survivability, your much better off going conditions, either with apothecary (more defensive) or rabid (more offensive).

The main problem with your build is it is a 1 trick pony. In a 1v1 situation if your “burst” doesn’t work, and youve popped all of your cooldowns, you are most likely going to die, because either

A) You are going against a high defence bunker, who will kill you through attrition, because you have no healing power, and he does, and he will wear you down and easily heal through your damage.

or

B) You are going against a burst/damage dealer who will burn through your health pool before you get a chance to do enough damage to kill him. Additionaly, many burst characters have defensive mechanisms built into their build which will let them dictate the pace or reset the fight (theives – stealth/mobility, mesmers – clones/mobility/stealth, warriors – mobility/CC)

in Ranger

Filterkat.2143

>.> I keep saying, im not planning on using this, im just trying to max the damage I can put out in full soldiers… this was just to show that you can deal a good amount of damage in full soldiers on a ranger…

P.S. 9k rapid fire is not a “good amount of damage”. i can easily do 16k+ with autoattack + quickening zephyr with full zerk in the time it takes for you to channel your rapid fire
or 10+k damage in that same time on my condi spam build WITHOUT popping my condi burst OR flanking which would both increase the damage even more, while also having superior defence to yours.

in Ranger

Cufufalating.8479

I think I am going to lose the will to live if one more person comes here and says “You can do more damage if you take full zerker@!££!!!!”.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

And yet you’re willing to live with people thinking 9k on a 4.5 second channel is an acceptable damage skill or configuration? I demand ritual suicide from you.

in Ranger

Filterkat.2143

I think I am going to lose the will to live if one more person comes here and says “You can do more damage if you take full zerker@!££!!!!”.

It’s not just zerker… you could do more damage with knights and be basically just as tanky… you could do more damage with any setup involving condition damage AND be able to set up for much more effective defences.

PTV is essentially training wheels until you figure out what you want to do, or for world bosses that dont take crit damage and are dificult to complete. If you want survivability, pick something with healing power & toughness. If you want raw damage, both conditions and power/crit are viable if you min/max. If you want something hybrid (tanky with damage) you have to find an optimal balance, and unfortunately, the majority of the time this does not include power, but condition damage… which scales off 1 stat, not 3.

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

Alright, I’ll change a bit the text, OP can cause more damage with Dire set, even with some Knight/Soldier his damage could get better with almost no reduction of survivability and still be power base.

EDIT: A mix of Zealot and Cleric would be a better power/bunker gear set

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

I wanted to see how much damage I could pump out from full soldiers gear, ive been playing this game since release so you guys don’t have to tell me that zerker gear deals more damage… lol. I know that already, and I also know you can reach crazy numbers if you swapped the gear out and had 100% crit chance, 200+ crit damage, etc. etc.

I keep saying, I know zerker deals more damage, i’m just trying to max the damage you can put out in full soldiers

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

I think most of us got the idea, the thing is it is just pointless.

I wouldn’t make a topic to try to show the max damage I can make in a Givers set because it is just pointless, a power/bunker build in all soldiers isn’t a good idea, and try to squeeze the most of it without a good context like “I challenged myself to only play soldiers”, “I propose a only soldiers tournament” or something like that.

If go full soldiers is your only option because of reasons, then ok, that build isn’t bad, if you have the option to change something then please do.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I keep saying, I know zerker deals more damage, i’m just trying to max the damage you can put out in full soldiers

And what you seem to be missing is that that is already a fundamental contradiction. If you’re in full soldiers your intention was never to deal any damage at all. And if you intended to push damage you wouldn’t be in full soldier. It might’ve been a fun little thought experiment for you, but that’s all it is ever going to be and it’s not clear in your OP that’s what it is.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

Cufufalating.8479

And what you seem to be missing is that that is already a fundamental contradiction. If you’re in full soldiers your intention was never to deal any damage at all. And if you intended to push damage you wouldn’t be in full soldier. It might’ve been a fun little thought experiment for you, but that’s all it is ever going to be and it’s not clear in your OP that’s what it is.

So having a disucssion on how to get the best possible defensive setup while in full zerker would be a waste too, because zerker gear is for full DPS and defense is irrelevant when using it? No. Just because you have DPS armour doesnt mean you dont think about how to defend yourself, and just because you have defensive armour doesnt mean you dont consider how make the best of your attacks.

I really dont mean to be here defending this build, and some you have very valid points that mixing in knights or w/e with it would be much better, so my posts arent directed at everyone, but honestly… half the replies to this thread are people just stating the obvious or being completely closed minded to the idea of trying to maximise damage with defensive gear (be it soldiers, clerics, knights, or w/e you wish to pick).

And yes, I do consider 9k damage over 4.5 seconds acceptable. Any fight worth considering a fight will last more than 30 seconds and ultimately your average DPS will be less than 1k / second throughout a fight. So if you have a setup which can be doing at LEAST 2k / second (since RF has a low DPS compared to most skills) that is actually not that bad.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Belzebu.3912

So having a disucssion on how to get the best possible defensive setup while in full zerker would be a waste too, because zerker gear is for full DPS and defense is irrelevant when using it? No.

Actually yes, it would be a waste.
I would consider a waste read a topic about a build to be a WvW bunker wearing full zerker set, like a 0/0/4/4/6 build with full zerker or something.

EDIT: The OP is showing a burst damage (SotW + behind + full HP + full endurance + night time + RF) and still that is a kinda low burst and after that the raw power wouldn’t make it a good DPS.

He is suggesting a power focused build in a defensive set and not a bunker build with power damage, those are 2 different things.
From your analogy, a bunker build with zerker gear is a waste, a power zerker build with defensive options would be a good idea.

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

in Ranger

Filterkat.2143

And yes, I do consider 9k damage over 4.5 seconds acceptable. Any fight worth considering a fight will last more than 30 seconds and ultimately your average DPS will be less than 1k / second throughout a fight. So if you have a setup which can be doing at LEAST 2k / second (since RF has a low DPS compared to most skills) that is actually not that bad.

See thats the problem… Yes 2k per second might be acceptable damage for a bunker or tanky character as SUSTAINED damage… meaning, you are constantly doing 2k dps… all the time. The 2k dps in this build is BURST damage which unfortunately rely on high cooldown signets, and once all the cooldowns have been popped, it will be a while before you can “burst” again, in the meanwhile, when your on cooldown, your doing roughly around 500 dps.

Glass characters average around 4k DPS, and if they burst, this can go up to 6-10k dps for the short duration of their burst which is more than likely on a shorter cooldown rotation than your signets are.

Most bunkers can easily maintain a constant 2k+ sustained DPS throughout the duration of a fight while still outhealing and out defending your damage. You may temporarily be on par with their damage during your burst, but they will out heal you, then out damage you when your burst is on cooldown.

I dont know who your fighting that averages 1k dps… are you exclusively hunting uplevels in wvw?

in Ranger

Filterkat.2143

Lets just take a ranger BM bunker as an example, as I am extremely familiar with this setup as I ran it for over a year roaming and still do on occasion. BM bunker averages around 2k dps sustained without factoring in the pet. with the pet, this equates to roughly around 3.5k sustained dps. I heal for around 880hps standard. This already completely negates your off burst damage. With troll unguent, I heal for around 1900 hps for 10 seconds. If you are doing 2k dps burst for 4 seconds, this means at the end of your burst, you have effectively acheived less than 1k damage to my character during your burst, if I havent evaded a majority of it using my built in evade skills which is unlikely. However my TU lasts longer than your burst, and the excess heal from TU will quickly negate that damage as well. TU has a 10 second downtime, so effectively, for 10 seconds I have 880HPS and then I go straight back to having 1900 HPS. So thats all your damage negated, while having superior sustained damage, condition cleanse, access to multiple evades and CC available to me. Your burst is on cooldown and I can continue to do 3.5k dps, and outheal your damage and my heal has an extremely short cooldown/downtime. You might be able to last a little over 30 seconds against me if you use your heal, but you can’t outheal my damage and I will eventually wear you down.

in Ranger

Filterkat.2143

Just for a laugh, lets go the other way, and lets use a ranger again. There are much better burst/dps classes that will melt you even quicker like theif, mesmer or warrior, but we will use ranger vs ranger for humors sake. Full glass zerk ranger does an average of 3.5k per auto attack on a medium armor class. coupled with quickness, this equates to roughly around 2 auto attacks per second (its a tiny bit over 2 seconds including animations so I will round it down at the end of the math). Lets assume in full PTV you have about 25k hp. In the time it takes for you to rapid fire, I will have done aproximately 28k damage not factoring in my pets damage… (I left out 1 auto attack on the zerk opposed to the rapid fires channel time to account for the attack animation time) thats your whole health pool gone. Meanwhile, I have 19k HP, and assuming you got off your full rapid fire channel, I am still left with 10k hp. If your still alive because you stopped rapid fire to heal, you will still be low on hp, and I can continue to do roughly 4k dps, with 10k+ hp while you have burnt your burst cooldowns and are down to below 1k dps, plus I still have the option to pop my heal for another 4k hp.

This is probably the worst example I could give of burst, since a theif, warrior or mesmer will have gotten you down much quicker than a glass ranger could, but for humors sake I wanted to prove my point with a ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

snip

Your examples are embarrassing….

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

So having a disucssion on how to get the best possible defensive setup while in full zerker would be a waste too, because zerker gear is for full DPS and defense is irrelevant when using it? No.

Actually yes, it would be a waste.
I would consider a waste read a topic about a build to be a WvW bunker wearing full zerker set, like a 0/0/4/4/6 build with full zerker or something.

EDIT: The OP is showing a burst damage (SotW + behind + full HP + full endurance + night time + RF) and still that is a kinda low burst and after that the raw power wouldn’t make it a good DPS.

He is suggesting a power focused build in a defensive set and not a bunker build with power damage, those are 2 different things.
From your analogy, a bunker build with zerker gear is a waste, a power zerker build with defensive options would be a good idea.

:] nailed it. haha

in Ranger

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

This isn’t that bad of a build. You can survive and do damage. I run a similar build(s) in spvp and wvw. 6/0/4/4/0. Though I would change your food out for Orrian steak fritters or something else, use different trinkets, esp if your worried about damage (knight,zerk,celestial,whatever), different pets (knock back is cool but the F2, not worth it), different sigils, and utilize the two handed fury, (you don’t need martial mastery) I would change a few other traits around as well. 1v1’s are pretty easy to take people out with unless they are heavy conditions/confusion. If you get ganged up on you will still have plenty of survivability and mobility to get away. Also if you use superior Sigil of bloodlust, put it on your bow, you will want more useful sigils on your GS.

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

added a second build for those of u who wanted a more damaging version of the soldiers build, not as many damage modifiers, and a loss of around 5k health, but still, rapid fire deals 2-4k more damage than the soldiers version

in Ranger

Posted by: GarthDreamWalker.7806

GarthDreamWalker.7806

added a second build for those of u who wanted a more damaging version of the soldiers build, not as many damage modifiers, and a loss of around 5k health, but still, rapid fire deals 2-4k more damage than the soldiers version

This is what I run plus weapon sigils:
I am tanky in wvw with solid power, before the “feature pack” I was hitting with GS on swoop for about 5k, it’s 4.x now.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJATRjMq0waFLGsw1ag8gadAEBNQzbIhduwLxJjaKpA-TlBEABKq+jWK/A4BAIoSQ30FYy+DECQwYA-w

5 stacks of Applied Strength and Fortitude makes you even tankier 28k+health and more power. Pending on what I am doing I change my marksmanship master trait out.

Co-GL of Salad Bros. [SB] of Crystal Desert.

We might be small and outmanned, but we have big tomatoes.

(edited by GarthDreamWalker.7806)

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

This is a lot easier to calculate if you just drop everything that both Soldier’s and Berserker’s builds have in common. Both can take the same quickness, signet of Wild/Hunt, 25 stacks of bloodlust, 25 stacks of might, all the damage increase buffs, vulnerability, food buffs, damage boosting traits, etc. These are all multipliers or affect power which is nearly identical in both builds, so just ignore them. They increase damage for both builds by almost exactly the same percentage.

The only buffs which materially affects the comparison are:

• Fury – Berserker’s higher crit damage means they get a lot more from the extra 20% crit chance than Soldier’s.
  • Peak Strength (25 WS trait for Soldier giving 10% more damage if HP over 90%) and Hunter’s Tactics (25 Skirm trait for Berserker giving 10% more damage if flanking). They have different requirements, but both give a 10% bonus so let’s just say they cancel out.

The Berserker build has 2526 power, 53% crit chance, 75% crit damage.
The Soldier’s build has 2577 power, 4% crit chance, 6% crit damage.
(I switched the trinkets to ascended since those are a lot easier to get than the exotic ones.)

Their average effective power (taking into account crits) is then:
B: 2526 * (1 + .53 (.5 + .75)) = 4199.5
S: 2577 * (1 + .04 (.5 + .06)) = 2634.7

Dividing these two, Solder’s does 2634.7 / 4199.5 = 63% the DPS of Berserker’s.

If you add fury (20% more crit change), these numbers change to:
B: 6069.8
S: 2923.3
Soldier’s does 48% the DPS of Berserker’s.