Further path of scars qol updates

in Ranger

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

This skill is still clunky and can barely ever hit a target that is moving around (meaning you are almost never going to hit someone who is aware of you or you use a cc on it beforehand). Don’t get me wrong the patch did make it slightly more reliable but it is still not good.

There are 2 ways to further improve it:

-Increase the size of the strike width of the axe as it flies making it easier to hit ppl that are strafing (something the around the width of the mesmer shield 5)

or

-change the skill to a singe target (that would work the same way magnet pull work) pull that cleaves, where you lock on a target and fire off the skill. The axe strikes foes along the way to the locked on target and upon reaching the locked on target it delivers 2 hits to it and immediately changes directions going back to the ranger and pulling the target 450 units towards the ranger as well as striking and pulling any foes hit on the way back (like it does now). This way there is no janky slow ground targeting and hoping that the target does not strafe, it would be a reliable skill that fires off on the targeted foe, fast simple no clunkiness.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I think they could keep it ground targeted, increase its velocity and pull 5 foes hit at target location (increased size) and strike targets both ways that are between (no pull on these).

Offhand axe would be great! Too great? No such thing anymore.

in Ranger

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

I think they could keep it ground targeted, increase its velocity and pull 5 foes hit at target location (increased size) and strike targets both ways that are between (no pull on these).

That could also work, they can make the skill do 1 large hit to the target area (make it do damage equal to what it does now if it hits a target 2 times aka if it pulls) and half that damage do targets it passes on the way there and back (same damage it deals now per hit), this way it has more synergy with remorseless since it delivers 1 large hit.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Problem is that having path of scar set to target max range help a little (in pulling the group) but it isn’t all that reliable. Also its not great for Barrage when you have it set to max range. Having it set to snap to target then you only hit and pull one target which dramatically decrease the damage.

The ground targeting fixes problems path of scar had with terrain and a loss of dps in every other situation. Plus the target setting doesn’t pair well with other weapon sets.

This isn’t better, it fixes a problem that happened maybe 30% (including 1v1 situations) of the time and half of those could be fixed with positioning. Creating a bigger problem in 70% of encounters.

The range of path of scar is considerable, Having it do more damage to the target area doesn’t make up for the damage we have lost by this change.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

(edited by Serraphin Storm.2369)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I’m actually fairly satisfied with it’s current functionality. The velocity is much better than it used to be and I can predict it’s target area now.

I find Staff #4 much more troublesome than PoS.
Other classes with boomerang projectile has the same problem so I think there is no need for further improvement.

Golden Ranger rule:
“Don’t ask for changes of something that isn’t broken. Otherwise you will get it broken”

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

This isn’t better, it fixes a problem that happened maybe 30% (including 1v1 situations) of the time and half of those could be fixed with positioning. Creating a bigger problem in 70% of encounters.

Numbers pulled right out of your kitten .

I agree with Tragic. Axe 4 is in a much better place now, Anet should focus on improving Staff 4 for the next patch while everyone gets used to Axe 4.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This skill is still clunky and can barely ever hit a target that is moving around (meaning you are almost never going to hit someone who is aware of you or you use a cc on it beforehand). Don’t get me wrong the patch did make it slightly more reliable but it is still not good.

There are 2 ways to further improve it:

-Increase the size of the strike width of the axe as it flies making it easier to hit ppl that are strafing (something the around the width of the mesmer shield 5)

or

-change the skill to a singe target (that would work the same way magnet pull work) pull that cleaves, where you lock on a target and fire off the skill. The axe strikes foes along the way to the locked on target and upon reaching the locked on target it delivers 2 hits to it and immediately changes directions going back to the ranger and pulling the target 450 units towards the ranger as well as striking and pulling any foes hit on the way back (like it does now). This way there is no janky slow ground targeting and hoping that the target does not strafe, it would be a reliable skill that fires off on the targeted foe, fast simple no clunkiness.

The skill is now clunky and the root on 5 is still awful.

Please fix this stuff, this is a movement heavy game and y’all need to take that into consideration.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’m actually fairly satisfied with it’s current functionality. The velocity is much better than it used to be and I can predict it’s target area now.

Samsies, axe offhand is quickly becoming one of my favorite weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Samies here too very much so even on my Viper druid used for its CC and WD stacking of bleeds/Vun its pretty much replaced the LB, so now im staff or lb + sword+axe.

even with WD rooting the impact of WD too just means i don’t need to move , if people keep suggesting wd to not root and move it makes it easier for ranged weapon foes to move into the circle then avoid the reflects DH’s have it really easy right now vs the off-hand axe first pos blocked then they can avoid WD by porting and interrupting>then cleaving+traps works wonders vs DH’s+ old power rangers that just sit back waiting for cooldowns.

i just see no need to make axe 5 moving non rooting , its a dive skill Dive gs or staff3 > WD , protect the area from projeciles while stacking condis or damage with Vun i see axe 5 as somthing that is not Offensive but a hard defence vs those in its area more of the protecting field it provides , i;ve used Staff 3 > axe 4+axe 5 to really hammer down on Projecile abusers.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Samies here too very much so even on my Viper druid used for its CC and WD stacking of bleeds/Vun its pretty much replaced the LB, so now im staff or lb + sword+axe.

even with WD rooting the impact of WD too just means i don’t need to move , if people keep suggesting wd to not root and move it makes it easier for ranged weapon foes to move into the circle then avoid the reflects DH’s have it really easy right now vs the off-hand axe first pos blocked then they can avoid WD by porting and interrupting>then cleaving+traps works wonders vs DH’s+ old power rangers that just sit back waiting for cooldowns.

i just see no need to make axe 5 moving non rooting , its a dive skill Dive gs or staff3 > WD , protect the area from projeciles while stacking condis or damage with Vun i see axe 5 as somthing that is not Offensive but a hard defence vs those in its area more of the protecting field it provides , i;ve used Staff 3 > axe 4+axe 5 to really hammer down on Projecile abusers.

You can still stand still if you want to stand still… This is a movement heavy game and roots are not good.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

You can still stand still if you want to stand still… This is a movement heavy game and roots are not good.

and having everyone doing this makes it a game of cat and mouse if they can simply move closer or move away rooting is in game for a reason for stronger skills as it implys risk taking.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

i do agree that PoS is garbage. in a real situation against great players, it rarely hits unless you cast it on the downed. strangely, im enjoying WD a lot more than PoS, and it’s PoS that’s making OH axe underwhelming.

in Ranger

Serraphin Storm.2369

Numbers pulled right out of your kitten .

I agree with Tragic. Axe 4 is in a much better place now, Anet should focus on improving Staff 4 for the next patch while everyone gets used to Axe 4.

I run a power build 100% of the time outside of pvp. The number were based on my personal exp. I glad some of you are finding your way to off hand axe but as someone who always uses x/a its a lot cluckier. Not hitting other players or mobs because you have snap to target is a 3k -8k damage lose per target (dps dependant on buff armor effect etc.). Running lb and x/a and using any of the ground target setting isn’t great.

Now you can debate why not use staff since ranger/druid is more a support role that is an entirely different topic but short answer: I don’t believe Druid should define what all rangers should do.

Even in situation where you lose the return axe due to cliff or ledges you still would hit the targets behind your target.

In fact there seem to be a bug where you don’t get the return axe more often. So, yes not liking this in any form.

Staff 4 should be what axe 4 once was just shoot out to your target. Since there is no return and shooter range, Staff 4 shouldn’t suffer the issues axe had.

everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

I hope i missunderstand you…
You are using LB/s+a or even staff on viper druid?

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

I hope i missunderstand you…
You are using LB/s+a or even staff on viper druid?

read the comment in full ,its called Vun scaling / bleeding traited + sigiled and Whirling projeciles + Poison field and sword is a hybrid weapon and Might stacker for the pet so yes Staff pericing+bleeds averages around 7-10stacks (without crit hit buffs) and sword+axe do great as off axe is also 12x hits procing atleast 6 additonal bleeds ontop of Geomancy+9-14 poison stacks from vipers nest+refined toxins sword 3 evade combo only with the whirling defence ontop it spreads 12x poison bolts to all foes near wd and if it times well with the pet leap vs a single target it also applies weakness from sword leaps too.

just because a weapon looks like a power weapon it certianly is not even if they did buff the damage by 100% doesn’t means its a power weapon it can be more than useful for defence purposes and poison stacking+bleed+vun+weakness ontop of that Pos>Viper nest+WD is a Hard hitting combo which if Pos pulls more than one target WD hits and roots them all with ancient seeds.

that combo alone does around 20bleeds after AA’s and 18-20poison at a high averaging around the 12 stacks + 14 vun some from pet feline too(sword AA buffs the pets condi stats) just don’t forget that Vun also Buffs condi damage now too , this combo is certainly much more powerful in WvW since people rely too hard on the commanders or Aoe condi clears build up in a zerg and a roamer will still have a very hard time dealing with the Damage+condi output the axe off hand also provides a hard CC to trigger ancient seeds just don’t hit them too early on the return pull or it will root miles away from you missing the vipers nest combo completely.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Of course there are many ways to build Ranger/Druid, but take a look…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, they could change path of scar into a melee cleaving auto attack and it wouldn’t sadened me at all. It could even make thing interesting.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Staff 4 should be what axe 4 once was just shoot out to your target. Since there is no return and shooter range, Staff 4 shouldn’t suffer the issues axe had.

Can’t agree. It’s mechanics affect friendly targets as well.
It needs to stay ground targeted if you don’t want to utterly destroy the friendly support cleansing part of the skill.

Back to PoS:
~Every boomerang effect suffers from these downsides. You want to remove them from the game entirely? Because it can miss?
Nope, that’s a no from me. I want some diversity in what I do. And it’s not really hard to land anymore. You can even prevent it from fails on terrain. You couldn’t do that before – now you can.

Now all I hear and see are mostly skill-cap or L2P issues. Don’t take it as an offense, it’s not meant that way by any chance – it’s just that all of possible “fails” on PoS has been brought close to zero now. There’s not a single situation where I could tell to myself: “God, this ability is busted.”
Now all I can say to it is: “kitten I missed.”

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Can’t agree. It’s mechanics affect friendly targets as well.
It needs to stay ground targeted if you don’t want to utterly destroy the friendly support cleansing part of the skill.

Back to PoS:
~Every boomerang effect suffers from these downsides. You want to remove them from the game entirely? Because it can miss?
Nope, that’s a no from me. I want some diversity in what I do. And it’s not really hard to land anymore. You can even prevent it from fails on terrain. You couldn’t do that before – now you can.

Now all I hear and see are mostly skill-cap or L2P issues. Don’t take it as an offense, it’s not meant that way by any chance – it’s just that all of possible “fails” on PoS has been brought close to zero now. There’s not a single situation where I could tell to myself: “God, this ability is busted.”
Now all I can say to it is: “kitten I missed.”

+1

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Path of scars

Make it so you throw 3 axes in a cone similar to splitblade to enlarge the width/area of effect

Keep it ground targeted, maybe enhance the velocity

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Its too hard to hit players in pvp with it. Maybe increasing its size would help. They pretty much have to be standing there asking for it.

Bad Elementalist

in Ranger

Serraphin Storm.2369

I understand that many of you had issue with pos before and may consider hitting a target a success. However when you would have normally hit 3 or 5 targets it a clear failure.

Ground targeting didn’t fix hitting or pulling a target that is elevated. The damage potential is being directly hinder or slows the speed of use (increase the likelihood being counted) by this skill being ground target. The previous iteration of pos was a l2p issue this one is just bad design plain and simple.