Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Q:

Hey GUYS, let’s play a GAME:

Design a PET!

Rules:

• Four skills LIMIT.
  • Only ONE player-activated skill (F2).
  • You can pick ANY skill available to PLAYERS. This includes ALL pet skills, ALL profession skills and ALL racial skills.
  • The SAME incredibly sucky AI we currently have. So you could have a pet with METEOR SHOWER, but it would likely use it only against single enemies, die during channeling, and if it miraculously survives it would likely hit with AT MOST 1 or two meteors. Or it would use Distortion only when it’s not being attacked, or Time Warp only when people are moving around and not using ANY skill.

The one who makes the most INTERESTING pet wins an INCREDIBLE No-Prize!!!!!

Game: Design a PET!

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

lol WHAT is the POINT of typing like THIS. just USE asterisks to EMPHASIZE the WORDS you WANT next time. ;P

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Absent Minded.5821

Absent Minded.5821

Dude that no prize is mine.

Pet: Hambow Warrior

Skills: Carry – The Hambow warrior picks the ranger up and carries him on his back. Together they ride through PvP best friends forever!
(other 3 skills optional)

Pet AI doesn’t matter because the hambow warrior doesn’t require intelligence to function effectively.

Seriously though I’m an Asuran ranger and if I could ride a hambow warrior into battle like some sort of mighty steed… life complete.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

…I’ll contribute to this not-serious thread I guess…… (from a post I made in the Ranger CDI when I made the case that pets don’t need to deal damage at all)

Lunar MothF2 : Lunar Cadence – Command your pet to fly in target area, transferring boons from foes to allies. (1 boon every 2 seconds for 10 seconds)(5 targets max.)(50 second cooldown)(500 radius)

Solar MothF2 : Solar Cadence – Command your pet to fly in target area, transferring conditions from allies to foes. (1 Condition every 2 seconds for 10 seconds)(5 targets max.)(50 second cooldown)(500 radius)

Auto Attack – Steals health twice. (1s activation)(steal health for pet, and steal health for Master)
Skill 2 – Sacrifice 25% of your health to break stun on a nearby ally. (breaks stun)(on ally and pet)(5 second cool down)(Is not used when below 50% health)
Skill 3 – Heal allies when your Master falls below the health threshold. (90%)(same heal as the Moa’s Harmonic Cry)
Stats – Low Power and Precision. High Toughness. Med Vitality.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Pet fire ant colony.

Constantly using meteor shower in a 3000 radius around it as a passive skill (with the strength of a full zerk ele of course), does fire grabs every 2 seconds at nearest targets except its firegrab has 1500 range, applies 25 stacks of burning when attacked and Ranger can explode all the ants a bit like a mesmer’s clones (and there’s like 1000 of them so…)

Oh yeah and they’re invulnerable and can’t be CC’d, of course.

in Ranger

Posted by: Keian.9216

Keian.9216

Ooooh pet designing (please don’t make fun of me but i love heals)

Pet: Humming Bird trio (one would be too hard to see XD)

type: small bird

f2: Soothing breeze- gives regeneration to 5 allies for 5 seconds
radius 1000
heal 1750 (animation: the humming birds circle around making a light green breeze)
cast time 1/2 sec
recast 25 sec

Auto Attack: Swarm- each bird takes turn dashing at the target’s face, damage 40 (x3), cast time 1/2 sec, 20% chance to apply blind

Skill 2: Wing Whistle: heal self and nearby allies( hummingbirds produce sounds by rhythmically beating their wings)
heals 2400
radius 1000
cast time 1/2 sec
recast 30 seconds.

Skill 3: Vigorous Flight: grants swiftness and vigor to self and allies for 6 sec
radius 700
cast time 1 sec
recast 25 sec

Special fact: when not moving pet(s) sit on left and right shoulder of owner and one humming bird on the top of the owners head
pls make mine a reality T_T

(edited by Keian.9216)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

Pet : Rock

Skill: Knockdown
Mechanic: immobile, must be carried everywhere
Pet AI: probably better then any other pet. At least it doesn’t draw aggro.

in Ranger

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Pet: Penguin
F2: Squawk to give stacks of might in an area

Other 3 skills are peck (auto attack), belly slide into enemy (knockdown), and charrzooka

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Pet: Lion (male, adult)

• F2: Mighty Roar: Grants 15 stacks of might for 20 seconds to AOE + Ranger, rec: 40 sec.
  • Rampage: Continously slashes and bites target as main attack, 20% chance to inflict bleeding, vulnerability, cripple or knockdown.
  • Brutal Charge: Leap at your foe and knock them down. Autoactivated if 800+ range (F1’s +cast)
  • Jaw lock: immobilises knocked down targets for 3 seconds

Power 1,718
Precision 1,374
Toughness 2,061
Vitality 2,061

Attachments:

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Pet: Pseudo Dragon (a small dragon – the sizs of a fire-elemental at max)

This Little dragon-related good natured being is a flying pet – no drake.

• F2: A quickly casted freezing breath-skill (similart to what frostworms and Trolls uses today that freezes and knocks one over). U know wich one I mean – I hope… Hits 1 target.
  • A lacerating attack that causes 5 stacks of Torment. (similart to sigil of torment). Hits 1 target.
  • Fear 3/½ s. Max targets 5. Radius 600
  • Protecting screech – A screech that is given away while its making a swooping maneuver/fly-over over the area (make it sound different/better from Moas). Gives itself and 5 nearby allies protection for 3 sec. Range 600.

This one has the similar stats to a Drake Power and Toughness and Vitality-wise, It has the precision of a feline.

U could Always Dream…

Kima & Co

(edited by Frostfang.5109)

in Ranger

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

i want a lion

die Gedanken sind frei

in Ranger

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

no idea on skills, but Dolyak would make a fun tank pet
Grubs would make a nice debuff pet spitting aoe weakness/poison etc.
and something funny like a chicken or rabbit would be a fun dps pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Maybe the Maguuma Wastes updates will give us a new pet. Realistically we won’t get a new family, so how about a new pet for an existing family.

Maguuma Spider? I know that we have Jungle Spider but this can have Torment on its F2 instead.

lol WHAT is the POINT of typing like THIS. just USE asterisks to EMPHASIZE the WORDS you WANT next time. ;P

Asterisks aren’t used to emphasize words. They’re for footnotes.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Rayamon.4358

Rayamon.4358

An Ooze,
It’s F2 skill would be to infelct a condition based of what type of ooze it is. The rest of the skills i don’t really know

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Steam minotaur, or at least wolf.

Give me a kd, cripple, an auto attack and an F2 smoke field.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Land Jellyfish ala Wind Walker: Exactly the same as the water jellyfish, but on land.

Simple, easy, and I want it yesterday!

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Can I have a pet asura? Which uses the asuran racial skills?

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

Bear with condition removal!.. Wait..

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

in Ranger

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Not going to play the game, but I’ve always wanted a pet who’s F2 was an AoE pull (like the guardian’s greatsword pull, without the first part).

in Ranger

Posted by: Malemort.9083

Malemort.9083

A new pet for rangers… Why not a young karka. Enter a berserker state with F2, cd long enough.

Or with blinding on auto-attack.

My wishes for new pets: Karka, Dolyak, Crab, …

in Ranger

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Asterisks aren’t used to emphasize words. They’re for footnotes.

If you use an asterisk on each side of a word on these forums, it get bolded.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Ranger

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

one of those skale outside of red keep on EB. has knockdown that never seems to miss. vomits a pool of acid and regens itself. put the vomit on the f2 and its pretty much good to go