Gauntlet farming

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

After Deadeye nerf, now farm t2 Tyre with 5 gambits. Exhausted, fire, frailty, hamstrung, crowd favorite.
Full zerk s/wh. Traits: 30/30 and then whatever.
SoS, QZ, SotW
Feline pet
This is only like a 2s average drop in money from 4 gambit Deadeye farm. Use 5 on wh before fight then use 4 on tyre. Run past quaggan and pop SotW and QZ. Once quaggan gets back next to you use SoS.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

(edited by Mcrocha.3891)

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Dr Funkenstein.3641

Dr Funkenstein.3641

Does this work for the High Stakes Gambler 5 gambit achievement if you take squeamish as well?

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Spadar.4359

Spadar.4359

Does this work for the High Stakes Gambler 5 gambit achievement if you take squeamish as well?

I don’t think it would without some changes. The build works quite well, but you’re on the border for DPS required to drop him in the time you need to. Reducing your damage further would probably push it over the edge.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: YeYoBuNNy.7190

YeYoBuNNy.7190

Got High Stakes using this build. Wasn’t wearing full zerker, so with full zerker gear and good consumables you might be able to nuke him before he teleports away from you. If you don’t, just move in range, dodge killshot with any sword dodge skills and finish him. Even if you go down, he wont have mush HP left so you’ll be able to finish him.
p.s. nerf incoming?

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Dr Funkenstein.3641

Dr Funkenstein.3641

Got it just now using this method, though I used Signet of the Wild instead of frost spirit to keep me alive a little bit longer. I got downed but was able to finish him off thanks for the help.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I would like to add that even if Anet decides to nerf Deadeye like they did with Subject 7, this build is still very capable of shredding the t2 Charr boss Tyre. Loot is only slightly worse but it is just as quick.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

This is okay until he teleports away at last second and your sword makes you leap in to a mine and you die.
lol

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

This is okay until he teleports away at last second and your sword makes you leap in to a mine and you die.
lol

Then your damage isn’t good enough, I never fail to kill him before he teleports for the second time.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Kjeldoran.3849

Kjeldoran.3849

He will die! Profit! You may have to use SoS sooner if Deadeye starts charging his killshot as it will instakill you so it is imperative to pop SoS.

I use jaguar pet and it is helpful to have it on stow before fight starts as this will cause it to spawn next to you rather than across the arena. Farm this quick before anet nerfs the drops like they did with Subject 7!

Farm this? why? i don’t remember what kind of reward he gave… but are you sure that is so wonderfull? o.O i’m kinda noob with living world and achievements…

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

The boss can be killed about once per minute and with 4 gambits active you get 5 resplendent watchwork boxes, which will get you around 30s net profit. They also have a chance to drop charged lodestones although that is rare.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I had an easier time with this on Prysin’s Beastcannon build—I hope that helps anyone who was struggling.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i hope you know that Signet of Stone doesnt work? Just as “Protect Me” doesnt work….

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

i hope you know that Signet of Stone doesnt work? Just as “Protect Me” doesnt work….

Yes it does? I have been farming this for hours, you don’t know what you are talking about.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Yes it does? I have been farming this for hours, you don’t know what you are talking about.

Funny, since it doesn’t work when i use it…. and yes, i did use the trait… Tried “Protect Me” shout builds and whatnot. Although, in the end, i found it easier to just kill him before he can even headshot you.
How fast can you kill him? Takes me 6-9 seconds….

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Funny, since it doesn’t work when i use it…. and yes, i did use the trait… Tried “Protect Me” shout builds and whatnot. Although, in the end, i found it easier to just kill him before he can even headshot you.
How fast can you kill him? Takes me 6-9 seconds….

You can do it as fast as a guardian? I doubt that. This strat kills in about 15 secs.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Hmm interesting. I too could not get SoS to work with Sig of Beastmaster. Nevertheless, I don’t doubt that you are winning Mcrocha (you a rage fan?). I just found it a little easier with Prysin’s build. Although the offhand axe and warhorn are clutch.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I don’t know why it would not be working for ya’ll, but honestly it shouldn’t matter. The whole point of using this strat is that Deadeye will not use Killshot and you DPS him down before he teleports for the second time.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Ah ok. Ya killshot the one that seems unblockable. Although Prysin’s is claiming 6 to 9 seconds…they give him HP since you fought, Prysin? Because it was taking me a little longer…maybe I was doing it slightly less optimal?

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Just tested Killshot with Signet of Stone and Signet of the Beastmaster. 0 damage…

Attachments:

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Lol what was killing me then? I had 5 gambits…

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro Mouse.4729

Electro Mouse.4729

Been using this build alot! Thank you.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Nice glad it works for you!

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: victorlai.1478

victorlai.1478

Tried this build, it is definitely a nice build! I changed frost spirit to signet of the wild for shorter downtime and had some success with it.
Here’s a video of me doing it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPAVTgwp1uM

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I was thinking about that change last night too. Since you’ve shown it work I’ll probably drop some points in NM for Skirmishing. Ty for the contribution!

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Every time I start this as a Norn, I have to adjust my position and the camera and before I’ve had a chance to do so Deadeye has already taken aim at me and sometimes has shot me. I haven’t had the chance to use a single skill yet and the off chance I use the Stone Signet, it doesn’t work and I go down again.

Is this bugging out?

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

They changed Deadeye’s mechanics a couple of days ago, so the strategy that was posted no longer works.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

They changed Deadeye’s mechanics a couple of days ago, so the strategy that was posted no longer works.

Thanks!

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

I have figured out how to farm him with 4 gambits after the patch. If anyone is interested I’ll post a video and build tonight.

Edit: Right before you enter pop Sun Spirit. Use Horn 5, then Horn 4 while activating Sharpening Stone. Swap weapons to Longbow and use LB #4 right away. Then QZ and LB#2. He should be around 50% health and ticking because of the 25 stacks of bleed on him. Also, I use Sup Runes of Perplexity so he will have 3 or 8 stacks of Confusion on him that last for 10 seconds. Now all you have to do is dodge his one shot and he should be dead by then or very close to being dead. Takes about 13-18 seconds per run.

Edit #2: Obviously I’m using some Celestial items which gives me more toughness and power than the average condi build. But all condi variants should work. If at any point you need to heal, stealth with your LB and use TU.

Here is the build.

I did try with my Zerker set and wasn’t having much luck so I switched to my bleed build and he melts fast.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

(edited by ItIsFinished.9462)

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I have figured out how to farm him with 4 gambits after the patch. If anyone is interested I’ll post a video and build tonight.

Edit: Right before you enter pop Sun Spirit. Use Horn 5, then Horn 4 while activating Sharpening Stone. Swap weapons to Longbow and use LB #4 right away. Then QZ and LB#2. He should be around 50% health and ticking because of the 25 stacks of bleed on him. Also, I use Sup Runes of Perplexity so he will have 3 or 8 stacks of Confusion on him that last for 10 seconds. Now all you have to do is dodge his one shot and he should be dead by then or very close to being dead. Takes about 13-18 seconds per run.

Edit #2: Obviously I’m using some Celestial items which gives me more toughness and power than the average condi build. But all condi variants should work. If at any point you need to heal, stealth with your LB and use TU.

Here is the build.

I did try with my Zerker set and wasn’t having much luck so I switched to my bleed build and he melts fast.

Couple questions to clarify for people that may be interested:
1) Gambits used?
2) How successful is it, as in success rate?

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Ah ok. Ya killshot the one that seems unblockable. Although Prysin’s is claiming 6 to 9 seconds…they give him HP since you fought, Prysin? Because it was taking me a little longer…maybe I was doing it slightly less optimal?

quickness doesnt stack duration properly, so if you swap out pets too soon, you wont get to enjoy the full 9 seconds of quickness. It also depends on how luck you are with your crits.

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Here is the build.

Couple questions to clarify for people that may be interested:
1) Gambits used?
2) How successful is it, as in success rate?

1) I used 4 Gambits. Don’t remember there names cause I’m at work, but I do know they weren’t the Energy one and the Outnumbered one.

2) It took me 5 – 6 tries before I got the strat down. The hardest part for me was dodge rolling after the burst. My mess ups were dodge rolling into the mines….

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Gauntlet farming

in Ranger

Posted by: Suic Idal.2849

Suic Idal.2849

How are you killing t2 Tyre with crowd favorite? Its like 1-hit ko with me even with no other gambits so I don’t get it. Can you post a video or something?