Gear guidance

Gear guidance

in Ranger

Posted by: Grimlineman.6759

Grimlineman.6759

Looking for help on gearing my ranger. As in what. Exotics match the best for the builds? I have gotten a few from the story that I get to pick the stats but I don’t know what works.

Before I took a break from the game seemed like Beserker was a safe bet but now it sounds like that’s not desirable. Magi gear is good for a pure support role? So what’s the best for condition build as far as named excotic gear?

Also would a beserker build work for long bow/staff?

My plans is to do spvp light fractals and just world events which I understand the latter could be done any build any gear. Trying to save myself the mistake of investing in the wrong gear. I just finished LS2 about to step into HOTs and looking forward to seeing how the Druid plays. Thanks for the advice!

Gear guidance

in Ranger

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Just stay in full magi and play a healer druid until you can afford ascended Viper gear, which is used in the Condition Ranger and Condition Druid builds.

There’s not much point in making exotic Viper gear seeing as how expensive it is to make exotic armor from scratch already.

EDIT: Also no, you should just use longbow with sword and warhorn. Staff is only really for mobility and healing other people.

Far Shiverpeaks

Gear guidance

in Ranger

Grimlineman.6759

I like the long bow sword/warhorn combo. So magi gear will do well with this set up?

Should I wait until I’m caught up on the story or can ranger still solo world stuff just fine in magi?

Gear guidance

in Ranger

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I mean, you should HAVE a staff in your inventory; there’s nothing better for running. And I really love staff/greatsword for open world because you can just sprint and swoop around, snaring things and then mauling them in the face. Super fun build to play, and bursts down open world trash like nobody’s business. If I hadn’t gotten hooked on heavier fractals like a minmaxing fool, I could have happily stayed with that build forever; if I ever change mains, my druid will retire to that build.

(edited by Sister Saxifrage.7361)

Gear guidance

in Ranger

Grimlineman.6759

What name exoctics you run in that build Sister Saxifrag? Sounds fun

Gear guidance

in Ranger

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Berserker’s everything! Runes of the Ranger because kitten Scholar. Sigils of Accuracy and whatever else is cheap and good, maybe Frailty? Whatever.

Marksmanship 2 or 3, 2, and 1 or 2 (2 esp with tiger); Beastmastery 322; Druid 333.

We Heal As One, and whatever other skills you like, but prioritize shouts. I don’t like spirits when I’m running around; too fussy.

Cat for melee or bristleback for range; electric wyvern for CC because watching it slap mobs around warms the kittenles of my heart.

Rotation: Maul (Greatsword 2). That’s it. Everything else is mobility, CC/snare, healing, or defense. Don’t forget to stow your pet out of combat, and use your pet’s F2 in combat. If you can’t get into melee range because of AoE poop then zap with staff 2 and 1.

Congratulations! You now have a selfish, degenerate Druid build for open world that moves fast, hits hard, and teaches none of the mechanics that are expected of druids in highest-level PvE. Enjoy!

Gear guidance

in Ranger

Grimlineman.6759

Thank you saxifrag.sounds like a great solo build.

So we have One to run magi And one for Beserker.
Any one else have an excotic set recommendation?
What’s the best codi excotic set?

Gear guidance

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

aw pve is overrated.
Preprogrammed fights.

Go PvP and match wits with actual humans!!

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2