General Patch Discussion [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Pochibella.8394

Pochibella.8394

I can’t wait to go swimming so I can use my new and improved Splinter Shot! Ok, seriously, I will admit this even though it is going to make me sound like a newb. I had to google “GW2 Splinter Shot” because I had no idea what it was. I knew it wasn’t on my shortbow or longbow. Harpoon gun…..oh yeah, the thing I try not to use because I spend as little time getting my hair wet as possible!

I was hoping to be able to stow my pet. I was hoping when I am downed my pet actually might come heal me up instead of just drooling on me. I was hoping they might reverse their little shortbow nerf. I wasn’t hoping for much, and what I got was less than that.

in Ranger

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. Those underwater combat changes are sweet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

You guys are all a bunch of whiners. I play ranger as my main and yes I was hoping for the changes we all were hoping for too. But you all are acting like a bunch of babies.

They probably didn’t have enough time to properly test the changes so they were left out of the build. It isn’t lack of listening on their part.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Predator.7321

Predator.7321

I saw this coming…This is not a joke Anet this patch has been up for about 5 minutes and there’s almost a 1k views on this thread about that filth you shoved in our face

in Ranger

Posted by: FlyingCrackers.5620

FlyingCrackers.5620

He did say the changes were rolled back on in his post though. It does not fix the utter disappointment of not fixing pets or anything whatsoever. I really have no idea what is actually being worked on because this patch does not seem to be that big for actually relevant issues to be ignored.

in Ranger

Posted by: Anders.6425

Anders.6425

haha they could have at least inserted some bs fluff that looked nice but did not change anything dramatically to make most of us kind happy at first but they couldnt even take the time to do that…

in Ranger

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Patch notes are here. The specific Ranger changes are listed below.

Ranger

• Improved the effect chance on ranger spirits to 35% base and 50% when traited.
  • Beastmastery minor traits now use the correct icon.
  • Splinter Shot: This skill’s damage is increased by 150%, and its bleeding duration is increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
  • Counterattack: The blocking portion of this skill can now be used while moving. Ranged attacks will not trigger the second half of the skill.
  • Protecting Screech: This skill now states the correct duration of 4 seconds.
  • Call of the Wild: The Wilderness Survival trait Off-Hand Training now applies to this skill.
  • Throw Torch: The speed of the projectile has been increased.
  • Maul: This skill’s damage has been increased by 40%.
  • Sun Spirit: The tooltip for this skill now displays the proper burning time of 3 seconds.
  • Whirling Defense: This skill was updated so that it interacts better with combo fields.
  • Splinter Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
  • Coral Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
  • Feeding Frenzy: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
  • Mercy Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.

Wow. Just wow. Did not address any real issues with the class. /fail.

in Ranger

Posted by: Task.3918

Task.3918

i wonder if after they apply the patch and the Dev is all excited thinking the rangers would be happy with those changes that he worked hard on for and then they see these posts…lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Lobo.1296

Lobo.1296

I’m actually surprised at this…I really thought we would get something we’ve been calling for. Spirit health, pets attacking and moving or sword root fixed. One of them and I would have been happy(ish). To get none of them is just plain surprising.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zealous.1386

Zealous.1386

I wasn’t expecting very much but wow.. they really should have stepped back in and done some expectation management on this one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

/counts bullet points up to 14
/blinks

Did they forget to type up a couple?

in Ranger

Posted by: Da Poolp.6809

Da Poolp.6809

The Maul up doesn’t seem to be effective, is it ?

in Ranger

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

Oh…..dear.

I’ve only just started my ranger. Guess I should have rolled an engineer after all.

in Ranger

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Guys I think you missed this:

Dual Shot: This skill’s damage has been increased by 10%.

Oh wait, that’s a 10% buff for Warrior’s longbow not Ranger…

Maid Of The Coast

in Ranger

docMed.7692

“One problem with rangers is the lack of build diversity created by a number of sub par utility skills. Many signets, a shout or two, and spirits are all a bit lackluster. That is the first place to expect improvements. Second is trying to improve the feel/ pacing on some weapons.”

Lost faith today.

“Ranger

•Improved the effect chance on ranger spirits to 35% base and 50% when traited.
•Beastmastery minor traits now use the correct icon.
•Splinter Shot: This skill’s damage is increased by 150%, and its bleeding duration is increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
•Counterattack: The blocking portion of this skill can now be used while moving. Ranged attacks will not trigger the second half of the skill.
•Protecting Screech: This skill now states the correct duration of 4 seconds.
•Call of the Wild: The Wilderness Survival trait Off-Hand Training now applies to this skill.
•Throw Torch: The speed of the projectile has been increased.
•Maul: This skill’s damage has been increased by 40%.
•Sun Spirit: The tooltip for this skill now displays the proper burning time of 3 seconds.
•Whirling Defense: This skill was updated so that it interacts better with combo fields.
•Splinter Shot: This skill is now a small projectile combo finisher.
•Coral Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
•Feeding Frenzy: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher.
•Mercy Shot: This skill is now a projectile combo finisher."

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

Oh…..dear.

I’ve only just started my ranger. Guess I should have rolled an engineer after all.

Despite all the bellyaching, Ranger is still a pretty good profession. It’s excellent for PvE and with the right builds can be effective in dungeons, W3, and sPvP.

It’s just that we were promised something that wasn’t delivered. Just a little disappointing. Most people are just angry right now.

in Ranger

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Oh…..dear.

Despite all the bellyaching, Ranger is still a pretty good profession. It’s excellent for PvE and with the right builds can be effective in dungeons, W3, and sPvP.

It’s just that we were promised something that wasn’t delivered. Just a little disappointing. Most people are just angry right now.

Its a lot more than a little disappointing to most of us.

Maid Of The Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Singularidad.9670

Singularidad.9670

Just stopped by to say I’m also disappointed with the ranger “fixes”.

We’re RANGErs and we suck at dealing RANGEd damaged. =(

Disappointed in you ArenaNET Ranger Supervision Team whatever.

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Uh! They changed GS animation of norn females… Again =_=

in Ranger

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Set my expectations to what I thought would be realistically conservative given the large PvE ‘shores’ patch.

Wow….just wow….Ranger patch changes are such a fail.

Playing warrior till WvW finally peters out then time to find a new game….such a dissapointment.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

in Ranger

docMed.7692

Oh…..dear.

Agreed – still very viable class, but I was hoping some of those unviable specs would be there (e.g. the class just feels very struck down to only 2-3 ways of playing it).

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

Oh…..dear.

Its a lot more than a little disappointing to most of us.

Fair enough. I know a lot of people had really high hopes.

I was hoping for at least a fix to allow dodges to supersede the sword AA chain. I figured that would easily make the patch.

Oh well.

Agreed – still very viable class, but I was hoping some of those unviable specs would be there (e.g. the class just feels very struck down to only 2-3 ways of playing it).

Me too, man. Me too.

in Ranger

Joey.3928

You guys are all a bunch of whiners. I play ranger as my main and yes I was hoping for the changes we all were hoping for too. But you all are acting like a bunch of babies.

They probably didn’t have enough time to properly test the changes so they were left out of the build. It isn’t lack of listening on their part.

Speak for yourself white knight.

No I am just being rational. Obviously the changes weren’t ready. I just understand how game development works.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

I mean, pre-launch Rangers were pretty nice then like a week before they broke them. They have had 2 1/2 months.

Maybe they should consider what other companies do. Open up a public test server and also allow the player base to test out changes. That’s the one and only way to get real test out of changes.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

they are now instant, and thats kinda huge.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

We got… nothing… spirits still completely useless as they die instantly. I’m so shocked right now I can’t even put it into words.

in Ranger

Posted by: Reichbane.6297

Reichbane.6297

As much as I am incensed as well, can we cull the anger and hatred a bit? That does nothing but show us to be immature and unworthy of attention. If you’re going to be angry, do it with tact, not “oh you guys suck and you’re worthless I’m going back to WoW!” Because that’s just stupid and needs to be stopped.

That said, I was really hoping for some pet updates in this patch. I’m trying to damnedest to play a beastmaster build and it could be so much better with ai/pet bar improvements. Or a dedicated ranger weapon for beastmaster.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

huh wtf are you talking about? signets are passive, their active abilities were always instant

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

A new sPvP map that focuses on vertical combat, and absolutely no update on Ranger damage or pet responsiveness. It seems like ArenaNet aren’t interested in making the Ranger viable in PvP.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

whatever ready or not you don’t bullkitten people around.

in Ranger

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

awesome, I can now instantly not activate them on my highly competitive spvp builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sugoi Travis.2651

Sugoi Travis.2651

Hey they added a bleed to Crippling Shot :O

in Ranger

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

What a disappointment.

in Ranger

Posted by: Faolchu.1629

Faolchu.1629

To quote south park mobs….
Rabble! rabble! rabble! rabble!

Complete and utter let down, also there’s only 14 bullets not 16 which was previously reported. Though not that those two could make up for the rest of the filler garbage.

“Significant ranger improvements coming in the next patch. "-Jon Peters, Nov. 2012…

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Pet holds aggro much better. Bow seem less misses….

in Ranger

Posted by: Dairdel.2849

Dairdel.2849

The bleed on crippling shot is not working.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dairdel.2849

Dairdel.2849

Crippling shot is now instant tho it seems.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

awesome, I can now instantly not activate them on my highly competitive spvp builds.

oh ok, i guess we should all listen to you and not activate signet of stone while receiving gang bangs, not activate SoR when we have 10 conditions on us, and not activate SoW when we wanna do burst.

that will go a long way.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

So you play an underwater ranger then? :P

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nucleotides.6928

Nucleotides.6928

I’m sorry guys. I really wanted rangers to be better so I can make and alt ranger.

I’m sorry.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ergo Proxy.6219

Ergo Proxy.6219

So let me get this straight, bow warriors got their damage increased by 10%. While rangers get our underwater skills to correctly be used as combo finishers?

I’ve got a necromancer at 80 and I stopped playing them to get ranger to 80, but I guess its back to necro.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

Sorry I cannot find anything constructive to post.
This is the first time since complaining about bots in Lineage2 back in 2004 that I willingly post something on a forum that is probably against the rules:

You got to be freaking kidding me. THESE are the ranger fixes I have been looking forward to? <Insert a couple of words here that would be changed by the filter. Think of something really ugly and nasty and you will get close to how I feel about these patch notes>

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

in Ranger

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

No I am just being rational. Obviously the changes weren’t ready. I just understand how game development works.

Yes, and then I guess you don’t understand how PR works. If the company comes in and says “Hey, we hear your complaints and we know we need to fix something, sit tight and we will get it done in mid November”.

You just don’t drop the bomb in exactly mid November without so much as an anticipation that it isn’t what we were promised or, better yet, it is and this is what they think it is necessary. Seriously, anyone could see that Ranger forums is falling apart and then we take the “animation glitch fix” and then the “substantially worthless changes in mid November” without a shred of honesty or decent communication from the developers?

Face it, ANET PR has failed to deliver a proper communication with its customers. You can take all the time you want to fix the game (it has been a long time since games need to be released and fixed cause there were no future patch possibilities) but to not keep an open and honest communication with your customers (specially in a game that is designed to keep customers in for a long time) is an amateur mistake at best.

Take a look at the forums and you will see this is the biggest problem people have with this patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

That’s the excuse from last month when we got no changes. So you’re argument is that they had a bunch of changes lined up but couldn’t release them because of lack of testing and a month later they still aren’t tested well enough to release?

Yet, somehow every other class managed to get 2 patches worth of significant changes all good and tested? Sounds like they just don’t give a crap about rangers and CBA to do anything for rangers.

in Ranger

Joey.3928

Do you know how customer satisfaction works?

Please. This does not relate. There could be many reasons why the updates we wanted were not included in this patch. One of them is not being that they don’t listen or care what we have to say.

Instead of everyone acting the way they are, just take a step back and breathe a bit. I was disappointed too with these notes (minus greatsword woot!) but it is what it is. Someone above mentioned a test server. That could be a good idea. Maybe if enough people expressed that interest, they could implement that if they found it would both benefit us and them.

All I am saying is, the devs will take us more seriously if we give them constructive posts rather than what we have here.

I speak from experience. I see gamer rage first hand at our company and it doesn’t magically make things work out how everybody wants.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Rancor Chiron.6178

Rancor Chiron.6178

Maybe the new pet (Reef Drake) will be godly….. No it won’t be.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xyvius.1679

Xyvius.1679

The most disappointing day ever. The Lost Shores event does not save this patch update for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sallie Forthe.2473

Sallie Forthe.2473

UNDERWHELMED to put it politely. These changes are an outright slap in our collective faces.

Time to make a rifle warrior so I can do some decent ranged damage. Or head back to LoTRO…..

Anet, wise up. Seriously.

in Ranger

Posted by: Anders.6425

Anders.6425

If he does it will be in an out with a generic say nothing post promising more bs.

Vote with your time. Go play another game.

in Ranger

Joey.3928

Yes, and then I guess you don’t understand how PR works. If the company comes in and says “Hey, we hear your complaints and we know we need to fix something, sit tight and we will get it done in mid November”.

You just don’t drop the bomb in exactly mid November without so much as an anticipation that it isn’t what we were promised or, better yet, it is and this is what they think it is necessary. Seriously, anyone could see that Ranger forums is falling apart and then we take the “animation glitch fix” and then the “substantially worthless changes in mid November” without a shred of honesty or decent communication from the developers?

Face it, ANET PR has failed to deliver a proper communication with its customers. You can take all the time you want to fix the game (it has been a long time since games need to be released and fixed cause there were no future patch possibilities) but to not keep an open and honest communication with your customers (specially in a game that is designed to keep customers in for a long time) is an amateur mistake at best.

Take a look at the forums and you will see this is the biggest problem people have with this patch.

I agree an update or explanation would be nice. i’m sure one will be coming soon. Especially after this reaction.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger