General Patch Discussion [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Jeheil.2516

Jeheil.2516

Here is my measure.

Having looked forward to this patch for a few weeks, constantly checking the forum, patch notes for any inklings, I read the patch notes, had a few resultant infringement notices and havent logged onto my Ranger since.

I am still having to much fun on my warrior alt, who at 63 with blues n greens is outdamaging my ranger (in WvW) and has a far better set of ranged options.

I will check back every now and then to see if Ranger is viable yet.

Jeheil, IoJ, [uA] – Defender of Gazza’s watergate

in Ranger

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

Rangers are very viable, just maybe not in the way most vocal people are wanting. The reactions to the patch notes are by far the strangest thing I’ve ever seen… it’s like everyone is expecting this to be the last ranger patch to ever come out. Just give them time, try a few new things, and let them work.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in Ranger

Posted by: Haya jii san.1978

Haya jii san.1978

Rangers are very viable, just maybe not in the way most vocal people are wanting. The reactions to the patch notes are by far the strangest thing I’ve ever seen… it’s like everyone is expecting this to be the last ranger patch to ever come out. Just give them time, try a few new things, and let them work.

Issues everywhere across Ranger forum and they came up with “those” changes ?
No, plain no!

It was a dissapointment for us, since we’re still lacking class orientation, in other words we still cannot bring anything to a group that some other profession would not be able to.

PS : I would bet my 5 in game gems that you are not even a Ranger, not being able to see our issues by yourself

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

So I finally figured it out… Maybe they actually want people to stop playing ranger? It’s so broke, it’d be easier for them to make people quit it, than fix it.

I thought the same thing… so darn sad.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Rangers are so OP now. Underwater I mean.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Ranger

Posted by: Keisuke.8546

Keisuke.8546

If only that thief would follow me underwater then I might have a chance!

Obstructed!! ~(°o°~)

in Ranger

Posted by: Gladio.6745

Gladio.6745

Fixed ranger according to devs

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Fixed ranger according to devs

Funny, but it will probably be infracted for trolling. I got ‘infracted for trolling’ by posting the “hitler reacts to GW2 Nov 15th patch” video.

Anyway, I’m still just trying to hold out hope for this patch. The more I play my ranger the more I see some use it in. We got to the legendary fire elemental in fractals lvl2 and we were at 3/5 (one person had to leave and 1 person’s kid ran them into the fire while they were afk lol). The other 2 died (mesmer and guardian) so I took onto myself to see how long I could last. Between sbow #3, my dodges, elite healing and aoe healing, I lasted about 10-15 minutes and was able to rez the mesmer before getting bored and leaving the instance. Granted I did about 5% damage lol.

In WvW we also have good support skills. I run thief in a small party that likes to utilize differe professions, and the ranger’s entagle is pretty critical. Not too mention barrage for fleeing zergs.

Side Note: I used my underwater spirit (frost? I think) and it still only gave 35%. Isn’t it supposed to be 50%?

RIP in peace Robert

in Ranger

Posted by: Avandor.5743

Avandor.5743

Deleting my 80 ranger and renaming him Aquaman… all I need is an octopuss pet named Topo !

80 Human Druid of Piken
Stomp for Píken [PS]

in Ranger

Posted by: nikko.1908

nikko.1908

Great job, Anet. You have practically updated everything that is useless to us rangers anyway. I will have to log in and see for myself.

Scarr Lionstride
Mortis Umbra (MU)
charr necros ftw

in Ranger

Posted by: nikko.1908

nikko.1908

I’m just scrolling through the forums and seeing how many people are deciding to go with another class at this point. Anet, you are losing an entire profession here if you don’t address the real issues.

Scarr Lionstride
Mortis Umbra (MU)
charr necros ftw

in Ranger

Posted by: MarcusKilgannon.5048

MarcusKilgannon.5048

Nikko, I haven’t touched my ranger is weeks since there is really no reason to bother with the class.

in Ranger

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

Still completely disappointed with rangers so far. And i can’t be asked to level something else just because devs fail to see the real issues, straight up their priorities and actual fix stuff.

Haven’t really logged in last 2 weeks, except occasionally to play my mesmer in tPvP..

in Ranger

Posted by: obstinate giraffe.9276

obstinate giraffe.9276

Imo, replace the Longbow 3 Skill with Incendiary Arrows from GW1. More AoE? Please! More fun? Totally!

Or they could include Incendiary Arrows in its pre-buff form, where it was a preparation that inflicted burning, although I find that quite a bit less fun, I’d much rather see Ignite Arrows as a preparation, tbh.

Despite my thoughts above being quite brief, what I’m basically getting at is that why must GW2 Ranger be so different from GW1? It seems like classes like Warrior kept the most fun skills they had in GW1, whilst Ranger seemed to lose them all or have them changed completely (Barrage becoming a generic AoE with an annoying cooldown).

What do I miss about the Ranger in GW1?

Spirits making a big difference - Back in GW2, spirits weren’t these little annoying easy-to-kill creatures that followed you around when traited and gave an odd buff here and there; they made a massive difference on the environment! They could even backfire if not used properly.

Preparations - Not everyone will miss the two second delay every now and then before fighting (although personally, I enjoyed it, it really gave off a nice impression of preparing your arrows before the fight), but the actual idea of changing your arrows to inflict a condition or maybe bonus damage or even increasing attack speed, was something that I really enjoyed and I know others did too. I’m also aware that it’s included in GW2 in the form of ‘Sharpening Stones’, but that’s a mere five attacks and, quite frankly, where are the options? Why can’t I set my arrows alight like pre-buff Incendiary Arrows or Kindle Arrows? Why can’t I opt for faster shooting like Read the Wind? Why can’t I opt for explosive arrows that do AoE like the insanely fun ignite arrows?

Optional Pets - I get that Rangers are often portrayed with pets and having a significant companion to aid them, and I actually like that and use my pet often. But at the moment, pets are just weak and all we get from using them is an f2 skill every now and then and whatever skills they have and decide to use whenever they want. But oh wait, that’s wrong, they do about 50% of your damage, and despite how flimsy and annoying they are to use, they’re just as big a contributor as you! Why!? Why can’t we just ditch the pet and get some sort of a damage bonus and maybe different f1 skills?

I fear that ArenaNet saw Ranger as just an average class and didn’t think to innovate on it or make it interesting at all, in fact, they didn’t even innovate, they removed some of the best parts of being a Ranger that existed in GW1. So please, ArenaNet, give us back some of the best parts of the Ranger from GW1!

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Ranger – is garbage. Dull, weak, lifeless. Can’t compete with anyone in any way. Everyone who refuses to admit it – well, their elbow. Everyone who understands it – I recommend to abandon the idea of playing it and not spoil your gaming experience. Eventually the game is great and there are 7 other wonderful and interesting classes. I think the game has a great future. Ranger some day will be fixed. Then it will be sense to play it.

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)