Getting Complaints About My Pet Healing Me?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyimirria.9485

Kyimirria.9485

I just finished a few matches in pvp and I had a thief complain about my pet healing me while battling underwater after going being downed. I was actually shocked as he continued to complain to me about my pet for the rest of the match. Has this happened to anyone else? He actually called it a ‘current exploit’. My first thoughts were, “Really? Every profession has skills to try to save themselves while their downed. Thieves can stealth and move while their downed. A ranger has to stay where they are and can’t hide so all they have left is to rely on their pet, how is that an exploit?”

Long story short what are other thoughts about this? Has this happened to anyone else?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

He probably complained because you’re basically unkillable when your pet is healing you underwater. You generally take less damage than the pet heals you for, and it keeps healing you even after it dies. It’s close to impossible to kill a good ranger 1v1 underwater as things stand now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyimirria.9485

Kyimirria.9485

That’s probably why he was mad then, there were two of them and then he ended up leaving XD (there might have been three but by the time my teammate showed up only one was left.)

I had just never had anyone say anything about my pet before. Has anyone complained to you about your pet?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

He heals about 1.4k every half a second.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone complain, but I’ve won 1v4’s underwater in WvW, at least partly because of lick wounds. Faux’s regen build is hilarious underwater.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

I just finished a few matches in pvp and I had a thief complain about my pet healing me while battling underwater after going being downed. I was actually shocked as he continued to complain to me about my pet for the rest of the match. Has this happened to anyone else? He actually called it a ‘current exploit’. My first thoughts were, “Really? Every profession has skills to try to save themselves while their downed. Thieves can stealth and move while their downed. A ranger has to stay where they are and can’t hide so all they have left is to rely on their pet, how is that an exploit?”

Long story short what are other thoughts about this? Has this happened to anyone else?

I wouldn’t worry about it. He was probably mad he couldn’t 2 2 2 2 you.

If it ever happens again where he won’t stop messaging you, tell him to leave his aqua-breather at home next time because ranger’s own the seas, lakes, and ponds of gw2.

My only regret with lick wounds underwater is that there is no animation of telepathic circles shooting out of our head.

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Nobody beats aquaman underwater. It’s a fairly simple concept.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

lick wounds is pretty OP underwater

… actually thats an understatement… its basically god mode once you use it
dont think it counts as an exploit; but Anet does need to nerf it; ive only been killed once underwater; and that was by a smart team who alternated sink/floats so i couldnt activate lick wounds (whilst DPSing me ofcourse), but it was 4 people; and atleast one was an ele (3 underwater controls)

-i make sure the enemy know that my downed state is kitten OP when im on my ranger
-i also mutter and curse under my breath when i fight a non-GC ranger underwater

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Ranger

Posted by: Blackbird.4382

Blackbird.4382

I downed a ranger the other day in a swamp area. Not enough water to go underneath. I had some pressure, so it took me about 5 seconds to get to him to try and stomp. He interupted me, so I started attacking. His pet got there and started to heal. I went back to stomp, and I failed on 3 straight attempts. Any why that might have been?

Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/Warrior – Fort Aspenwood
DAOC Vet – Etheria & Schado Fox

in Ranger

I downed a ranger the other day in a swamp area. Not enough water to go underneath. I had some pressure, so it took me about 5 seconds to get to him to try and stomp. He interupted me, so I started attacking. His pet got there and started to heal. I went back to stomp, and I failed on 3 straight attempts. Any why that might have been?

you cant stomp underwater? if you could then ranger would be a lot less OP there

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

in Ranger

Blackbird.4382

Like I said, it was more like a swamp. We were in water, but not underneath the surface. It wasn’t deep enough to go under.

in Ranger

Like I said, it was more like a swamp. We were in water, but not underneath the surface. It wasn’t deep enough to go under.

so it wasnt underwater? were you interrupted three times by the lightning flash, wolf howl and then lightning flash again? as soon as a ranger goes into water their pet should switch to an aquatic version
(im sorry; i just dont understand what you mean- ive stood next to underwater downed players on temple -near tranquility- and dont get an option to stomp)

in Ranger

Blackbird.4382

I was running in surface water in a swamp in WvW. It’s basically a swamp area that isn’t deep enough to swim in. Your pet does not change until you go under water. I got interupted for sure the first time, but I can’t explain why the other 2 attempts failed. Went through the entire animation of the stomp, but they just didn’t work.

in Ranger

i assume you mean somewhere in the green third of EB? but i still dont understand, if they arent submerged they wouldnt be able to use the supercharged underwater lick wounds

- as to the stomp fails; if you didnt get hit by paralysing venom, canine (/porcine) CC or the lightning flash (not that it recharges fast enough to stun three times in a row on its own – ive managed lightning>howl>lightning>wolf leap quite a lot on players who dont hurry up to finish me) then it sounds fishy or laggy (ive tried to res people only to find out that they’re in a different place to where they appear to me – and the other people standing around them spamming f to no avail)

in Ranger

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

On behalf of my fellow thieves I apologize for the behavior of that thief. I’ve never seen anyone complain about rangers having their pet heal them (although I have to agree it is a bit annoying) and hopefully I won’t see it.

We (thieves) know how you feel. Even if we’re not running D/D and we down someone we are called heartseeker spamming noobs, so yeah :p

Melder – Thief

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I run a healing/spirit build in sPvP, and I have to say: in Raid on the Capricorn on the Ruin point…I AM —--ing POSEIDON! You can’t touch this. :P

I suppose, to make it fair, A-net should make pets stop healing when they’re dead.

NSPride <3