Getting tired with ranger in WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

It has been 2 whole weeks, just a few hours play in WvW everyday, 1000+ kills but not a single death. Feeling the same pain/boringness as I played P/D thief in old days. It’s pretty fun to annoy ppl at the very begining, but after a while it became so boring……
Not saying ranger is OP since there are so many situations where ranger plays fewest role, just hope ANET can make ranger more versatile.

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Not a single death after 1000 kills? What server do you play on?

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

WvW is filled with scrubs. Any decent player with almost any profession will consistently stomp fwiw.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

Not a single death after 1000 kills? What server do you play on?

DB.
The most fun for me is carrying the outman buff and going out seeking for a death, but I just simply don’t die…(Yes I lost and flee away sometime , but just don’t die…….)

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

If you arent dying you arent going for small groups enough. I suggest you do.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Well, that’s true, you can’t catch an escaping ranger. We might not be the fastest but we are definately the most slippery. Besides maybe a thief, dependin on the specs.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

He must be underwater a lot.

in Ranger

Posted by: xyxyz.8650

xyxyz.8650

With all of the evasion skills available to us, and that oh so wonderful Warhorn skill for, what? 10 seconds of swiftness? It can be pretty hard to die as a Ranger. But I personally don’t think I’d ever get bored of it. Then again, I haven’t played seriously in WvW yet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Blackbird.4382

Blackbird.4382

Glad your hand has found your back.

Ranger/Thief/Elementalist/Warrior – Fort Aspenwood
DAOC Vet – Etheria & Schado Fox

in Ranger

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

There are “old days” in this game already?

Hoopa doopa.

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomslang.4352

Boomslang.4352

At some point, you get so good (or you find a build that is that good) that the fun only comes when you face someone who makes your palms sweat.

What build are you running? Maybe try out a different build?

I ran BM before and saw how amazing (borderline OP) it was even for a low skill player like me so I went hybrid. I’m having more fun now… more deaths but more fun.

Black Gate Altaholic.
level 80 × 8 = 0 gold

in Ranger

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

What build do you run CR?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Then you’re not fighting good people. It’s simple as that.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: salocinn.4120

salocinn.4120

“1000+ kills but not a single death” + “Not saying ranger is OP” = I am too skilled for this game and i am now tired of you know being invincible. plz anet grant me new tools?
Try another class bro

Aurell Hawk_80 Ranger
Kaze pewpew_80 Elementalist
Fergusons Crossing (Yarr)

in Ranger

Blackbird.4382

At some point, you get so good (or you find a build that is that good) that the fun only comes when you face someone who makes your palms sweat.

What build are you running? Maybe try out a different build?

I ran BM before and saw how amazing (borderline OP) it was even for a low skill player like me so I went hybrid. I’m having more fun now… more deaths but more fun.

Usually good players stop playing for the uber 1 v 1 pretty quickly regardless of the class they play, and it becomes more about 1 v. x, which offers endless challenge. My guess is the OP was more concerned with 1000+ kills w/o a death and ran from anything that would have been challenging. It’s what happens when you play to be good rather than play to have fun.

in Ranger

Blackbird.4382

“1000+ kills but not a single death” + “Not saying ranger is OP” = I am too skilled for this game and i am now tired of you know being invincible.

Ding Ding Ding

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I have a hard time believing this. Not because he is a ranger and self proclaimed good but because I’ve tried solo roaming in DB (TC or FA) BL and at this level you either run into a ele (scout) which is impossible to catch (and kill) or a minimum of a 5 man party. Sure you will find a solo roamer once every 30 minutes, but that would be incredibly boring and I can totally see why you would be bored if this is how you play. Join the zerg!

in Ranger

Posted by: Goldmember.4368

Goldmember.4368

I’m in Db as well and find the claims of the op far fetched. We are currently tier 2 and there are very few solo or small groups running around. Maybe it’s just me but I’m running into small zergs mostly when I roam.

What I do find fun though is taking camps and the solo defender trying to kill me while I soak up all the damage from the 4-5 npcs and still stomp his little but. “Wtf rangers are so op” comment. /party invite.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I’m in Db as well and find the claims of the op far fetched. We are currently tier 2 and there are very few solo or small groups running around. Maybe it’s just me but I’m running into small zergs mostly when I roam.

What I do find fun though is taking camps and the solo defender trying to kill me while I soak up all the damage from the 4-5 npcs and still stomp his little but. “Wtf rangers are so op” comment. /party invite.

What build do you run?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

This is a misconception or straight up BS. Is it possible? Sure but this is where the misconception comes in. Being a part of a zerg and pew, pewing people in the opposing zerg will grant you “kills”. Basically if you do enough damage (which isn’t really all that much) and that enemy dies at some point (even if someone else stomped them), you get the kill credit (along with everyone else who did enough damage) and a loot bag.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I like hopping on other servers BLs and soloing all the supply camps I can. Granted that there isn’t much difficulty involved. but I still find it entertaining for the whole behind enemy lines field.
That and having those supply camps does contribute points, while making groups drop from other battlefields to return to theirs trying to intercept an attack.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: KirstenRoth.6809

KirstenRoth.6809

There are “old days” in this game already?

For there to be “old days”, there would have to be “new days”. I see the same old boring content.

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

I like hopping on other servers BLs and soloing all the supply camps I can. Granted that there isn’t much difficulty involved. but I still find it entertaining for the whole behind enemy lines field.
That and having those supply camps does contribute points, while making groups drop from other battlefields to return to theirs trying to intercept an attack.

You’re on Crystal Dessert, right? I don’t know if you like to roam by yourself or if you prefer a companion but hit me up you ever want to tag along. I have been focusing on SC for the events and crate drops every night so I haven’t been in WvW for a while. But I am always willing to change up the pace from farming.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

You’re on Crystal Dessert, right? I don’t know if you like to roam by yourself or if you prefer a companion but hit me up you ever want to tag along. I have been focusing on SC for the events and crate drops every night so I haven’t been in WvW for a while. But I am always willing to change up the pace from farming.

That would be awesome. I would love some group dynamic, since when I’m alone I find myself taking educated guesses more than making strategic decisions. I would much rather be in a small group with a more experienced WvW’er making calls (I mostly s/tpvp and have only gotten into WvW in the last 2 months or so).

I’ll be away for the weekend though, I’m headed out to live with a friend on campus and help him move.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Kugkug.8795

Kugkug.8795

Glad your hand has found your back.

Lmao

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

No need for nsulting and belittling the Op.

As a ranger, he’s/she’s entitled to express his/her feelings toward the class.

He/she even stated where rangers are playing a less role; in hoping Arenanet make ranger class more versatile; where are his/her crimes to be treated this way?

As a ranger, I and many others would love to see more implementations to the ranger class as well.

Wouldn’t you agree?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)