Glyph of Tides: Should it be flipped?

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

This is something that has bugged me for a long while…

Personally, I would prefer to have the pull when I’m not in CAF and the knockback to distance enemies from me when I’m trying to use my healing skills.

How do other people feel about the way that it currently works?

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

This is something that has bugged me for a long while…

Personally, I would prefer to have the pull when I’m not in CAF and the knockback to distance enemies from me when I’m trying to use my healing skills.

How do other people feel about the way that it currently works?

I personally don’t mind either way. Both ways are effective. However, from a PvP standpoint, having it as it is now allows me to knock back potential stompers without having to be in CA form to do it.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I suggested this in the early PBE.

PvE:
When I’m on the offensive – I want stuff stacked. Having to blow CAF for it to work my way is user-unfriendly.
When I want to heal stuff – I want everything else out. This way I pull everyone in to smack my team.

PvP
When I’m in melee – I want to hit everyone in melee range. So I might as well want the pull instead of push. In case I’m ranged and want to push guyz back – I should have LB. But having Staff+LB is the only valid point of PvP knockback in normal mode.
By entering CAF – the same as PvE. I want to heal stuff – let enemies stay back. The only reasoning to why is it good in PvP now is the Tides>#5 synergy.

Naturally, both functionalities work and may be “better” for a part of the community, but I think swapping them makes more sense from “role” perspective.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

I suggested this in the early PBE.

PvE:
When I’m on the offensive – I want stuff stacked. Having to blow CAF for it to work my way is user-unfriendly.
When I want to heal stuff – I want everything else out. This way I pull everyone in to smack my team.

PvP
When I’m in melee – I want to hit everyone in melee range. So I might as well want the pull instead of push. In case I’m ranged and want to push guyz back – I should have LB. But having Staff+LB is the only valid point of PvP knockback in normal mode.
By entering CAF – the same as PvE. I want to heal stuff – let enemies stay back. The only reasoning to why is it good in PvP now is the Tides>#5 synergy.

Naturally, both functionalities work and may be “better” for a part of the community, but I think swapping them makes more sense from “role” perspective.

Yes, yes, yes. It should be swapped for thus exact reason

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

Glyph of tides in CA = pull everyone in with glyph of tides, 3 on staff, 5 on staff, 4 on staff, switch out of CA glyph of tides to push them all away again, repeat.

Its perfect as is, no swap needed

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Glyph of tides in CA = pull everyone in with glyph of tides, 3 on staff, 5 on staff, 4 on staff, switch out of CA glyph of tides to push them all away again, repeat.

I’m lost.
You just said showed us the most wonderful, most amazing example of a horrible scenario.

-Blow off your CAF for Tides only
- drop CAF loosing all benefits you could have had
- Use your normal abilities that you could have used without entering CAF if it was swapped

- And push them away if you want to be on defensive … While holding your offensive setup (weapons) … outside CAF.

No, plenty of what you said feels wrong.

in Ranger

GussJr.1643

I’m lost.
You just said showed us the most wonderful, most amazing example of a horrible scenario.

-Blow off your CAF for Tides only
- drop CAF loosing all benefits you could have had
- Use your normal abilities that you could have used without entering CAF if it was swapped

- And push them away if you want to be on defensive … While holding your offensive setup (weapons) … outside CAF.

No, plenty of what you said feels wrong.

Except that it works, tremendously well. Plenty of my vids show exactly how I do it…you can easily control several enemies at once – to bunker points or give your team free reign to kill them while enemies are being dazed and pulled and immob’d…its really not that confusing. Annoying CC’s and huge team heals.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Except that it works, tremendously well. Plenty of my vids show exactly how I do it…you can easily control several enemies at once – to bunker points or give your team free reign to kill them while enemies are being dazed and pulled and immob’d…its really not that confusing. Annoying CC’s and huge team heals.

That’s all amazing and stuff but how is it different from being able to do exactly the very same thing but easier and more user-friendly?

If it was flipped, you could do the same thing but you wouldn’t have to blow CAF for nothing at the beginning of your mentioned rotation.

The sequence is not confusing. Your reasoning why is it better the current way is.

in Ranger

GussJr.1643

That’s all amazing and stuff but how is it different from being able to do exactly the very same thing but easier and more user-friendly?

If it was flipped, you could do the same thing but you wouldn’t have to blow CAF for nothing at the beginning of your mentioned rotation.

The sequence is not confusing. Your reasoning why is it better the current way is.

Because, I use the knock back to push enemies off point to start de-capping it…I don’t want the pull to be the non-CA form when I am trying to de-cap a point with enemies already occupying it….why would I want to pull them all to me when the first thing I want to do is get them off of it.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Because, I use the knock back to push enemies off point to start de-capping it…I don’t want the pull to be the non-CA form when I am trying to de-cap a point with enemies already occupying it….why would I want to pull them all to me when the first thing I want to do is get them off of it.

Because you just say so. And also because for decapping purposes there is LB with half the cooldown to bait initial cooldowns.

Glyph of tides in CA = pull everyone in with glyph of tides,
<edit: you have to leave CA here>
3 on staff, 5 on staff, 4 on staff, switch out of CA glyph of tides to push them all away again, repeat.

You wouldn’t have to swap out of CAF to push them all away again.
And you wouldn’t have to Activate CAF to pull them in just to use your staff combo.

I mean… That’s all your words right there. Right now I feel like it’s your own word against yours and I just can’t get to understand what did you mean. Unless you explain, I won’t know.

in Ranger

GussJr.1643

Ok…first I don’t use LB. I use Staff + axe/wh. Let me see if I can explain this better…keep in mind its a cc type rotation.

Out of CA form: staff 3 to land on the point with enemies already occupying, then immediately use glyph of tides to push them all off. Kite said enemies around until AF is built up – in the meantime just generally kittening them off – still on point.

Switch to CA form: Glyph of tides again for pull cc, staff 3 for cc, staff 5 for another cc, staff 4 for more heals while waiting for staff 3 cc to get off cool down. (by this time CA form is drained).

Out of CA form : glyph of tides again to push them back for more cc, and then more kiting.

Usually, after the first rotation a teammate has joined me on point. I keep the enemies cc’d and heal teammates while they burn them down. Sometimes its 2 rotations, sometimes 4 or 5 depending on how many enemies have shown up on point.

It is a rotation that works, and is already user friendly if you watch your cool downs.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Something seems odd about your description. I can see why Tragic was confused (or anyone else) because you use “Staff” instead of “CA” on said rotations. Didn’t become apparent until now as you typed out “(by this time CA form is drained)”.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@GussJr

Now I think I understand. You just mentioned the beginning wrong.
Yes, yes I completely understand this rotation, I used it myself. That’s why I said some people prefer it this way – exactly for this purpose.

But if you ask yourself if you could do the same with the flipped functionality, I believe you would have said yes in the end. Now it’s just the matter of what you are already adjusted to.
But you would have been able to pull off the very same result even with the flipped mechanic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I want to see it swap, why pull a foe to a healer? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

yeah I said same thing when I first saw it, was like huh?

in Ranger

GussJr.1643

@ Tragic…sorry, I am really bad at putting stuff into words when I am trying to explain things…I do have quite a few youtube videos that make it easier to see. You can search ‘gw2 druid pvp’ and look for the one that has the COLLAMETTA icon. Just don’t watch the first one, its terrible haha

@Crossaber because of my build, I am always in the middle of the fight so I can support my team. Pulling a foe to me, doesn’t affect me in ways it might affect others with different builds.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@GussJr
Perfectly fine, pal. We’re all human. None of us was born perfect. We were able to get your message in the end and that’s all that matters.

And while we might not share your passion for the current Glyph of the Tides functionality it doesn’t mean we do not respect it. We just have a different opinion.

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

people use glyphs?

downed state is bad for PVP

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

people use glyphs?

Not using Glyph of Equality on every build since the launch of HoT?

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…