Glyph of Unity Incoming!

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Glyph of Unity: Tethers you to enemies. Any damage you take during the tether is propagated to enemies tethered to you. You are still taking the damage while tethered but you can use Glyph of Alignment for example to reduce the incoming damage to you without affecting the propagated damage. Glyph of Stone also works here to make you immune to damage while you propagate the incoming damage.

Pretty sure he means Signet of Stone, but I’m seeing possibilities of those hard-hitting, one-shot attacks being paired with SoS in PVE content to have bosses kill themselves.

5 Druids vs Lupi. I can’t be the only one that had this thought cross their mind.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Glyph of Unity: Tethers you to enemies. Any damage you take during the tether is propagated to enemies tethered to you. You are still taking the damage while tethered but you can use Glyph of Alignment for example to reduce the incoming damage to you without affecting the propagated damage. Glyph of Stone also works here to make you immune to damage while you propagate the incoming damage.

Pretty sure he means Signet of Stone, but I’m seeing possibilities of those hard-hitting, one-shot attacks being paired with SoS in PVE content to have bosses kill themselves.

5 Druids vs Lupi. I can’t be the only one that had this thought cross their mind.

Dont be hyped, the damage is capped, its pretty much like 5s retaliation in a 20s cd

M I L K B O I S

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I get the feeling Glyph of Unity actually does set damage every time you are hit like retaliation. If you look at the tool tip it has a damage value listed.

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Ah darn. I had hopes lol

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Ah darn. I had hopes lol

It’s certainly not ‘Pain Inverter 2.0’

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Maybe it’s the initial damage on activation, and not the reflected/shared damage, which depends on how much you receive.

That’s what I was thinking. I saw the damage and thought it was the tether damage like Dragonhunter’s F1.

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

It’s not like retaliation tho. All damage from all sources are transfered to all tethered enemies.

So better than retaliation, even if capped. Well… different than retaliation

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Posted by: Lightbringer.5860

Lightbringer.5860

I don’t do WvW much, but think about it…

One Druid vs zerg: Druid pops glyph, tethering 5 enemies, then pops Signet of Stone and gets hit by the full zerg…. five people are going to be REALLY hurt.

Glyph of Unity Incoming!

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I don’t do WvW much, but think about it…

One Druid vs zerg: Druid pops glyph, tethering 5 enemies, then pops Signet of Stone and gets hit by the full zerg…. five people are going to be REALLY hurt.

Exactly