Glyph of Unity Theorycrafting

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Aside from that revealed fiasco, I wanted to try something for this glyph.

For the healing part:

• Glyph of Unity actually heals people whenever you heal yourself, so meaning it doesn’t say “When you use a heal skill”

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Unity

With the new rugged growth change, the tooltip also specifies that whenever you get protection, you and your pet get healed. (Specified by the healing tooltip coefficient)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rugged_Growth

I wonder if this works? I mean Unity Glyph is terrible so I am guessing no one has tried it recently? Maybe it works with SoR? Regen? Invigorating Bond?

For the damage part:

• Verdant Etching grants light auras upon activation of glyphs so meaning we can get ample retaliation sources. (and from runes)

I wonder how effective if you get constant retaliation up time and pair this with Glyph of unity?

A high concentration build with Perma might stacking + retal + Glyph of unity sounds interesting.

OR maybe even pair this with Madking runes to even up the dps?

Thoughts guys?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Miaz.8521

Miaz.8521

glyphs are trash don’t bother

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

We reached the point all our elites are so bad we are just looking for the lesser evil.

the effect you are saying is on avatar state and you don’t need the glyph to heal around. Also because the CD is 30 secs makes using the runes very awkward as the ICD doesn’t fit the runes.

And retal you only get it by leaps, and ranger leaps are kindly clunky at best.
Do please follow Miaz advise as it seems very accurate

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

One thing to note is that the Celestial Glyph of Unity has a hidden 1-second ICD on healing tethered allies. While the theory of crafting around that portion of the Glyph is sound, unfortunately, it’s severely hindered due to the ICD.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.