Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Most of us know this.
but lets share in the excitement. Yay

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The elite is probably my favorite skill in the whole game, I love to scream “Break yourselves upon my body!” In TS/Skype as I cast it and then run into as much AoE and fast hitting things (flame throwers) as possible to murder everything

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Taunt on Glyph of Unity?

Since I haven’t been paying close attention to this one, how much damage will this glyph deal? The same amount that I recieve or what?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Please share what’s so great about them and why.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

Taunt on Glyph of Unity?

Since I haven’t been paying close attention to this one, how much damage will this glyph deal? The same amount that I recieve or what?

The glyph deals a set amount of damage per damage tick you receive. I find it incredibly underwhelming for 99% of encounters, especially in PvE, which has hard-hitting but slow enemies—many of whom will knock you back and break the “chain”. It would benefit from some other utility, such as damage mitigation or Stability (since we have to give up our best Stability-granting skills to use it), considering it has the potential do 0 damage (especially if you are knocked back, or enemies teleport/leap backwards/dodge) on a 30 second cooldown (24 traited). Currently, it does not compare favorably at all to our other elite utilities.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

What, people use other glyphs besides Equality?

Glyphs...

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Taunt on Glyph of Unity?

The glyph deals a set amount of damage per damage tick you receive. I find it incredibly underwhelming for 99% of encounters, especially in PvE, which has hard-hitting but slow enemies—many of whom will knock you back and break the “chain”. It would benefit from some other utility, such as damage mitigation or Stability (since we have to give up our best Stability-granting skills to use it), considering it has the potential do 0 damage (especially if you are knocked back, or enemies teleport/leap backwards/dodge) on a 30 second cooldown (24 traited). Currently, it does not compare favorably at all to our other elite utilities.

When I use it, it’s mostly vs small, numerous and fast hitting critters like the raptors for example.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Equality is good in a MoC marauder build. 4s instadaze that Crits for about 2k. Builds not very survivable, but fun to mess with.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Scrimschaw.5784

Taunt on Glyph of Unity?

When I use it, it’s mostly vs small, numerous and fast hitting critters like the raptors for example.

I use it on the raptors as well, but they die long before they get a chance to hit more than once or twice . And since it hits a limited number of targets, that means its usefulness dies with the poor raptors.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Something small, but I just realized, that with traited glyphs, you proc Grace of the Land with the bloom.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Scrimschaw.5784

Something small, but I just realized, that with traited glyphs, you proc Grace of the Land with the bloom.

Yeah, I’ve been worried that’s a bug and will be nixed. I sincerely hope I’m being overly-pessimistic. It fits the tooltip of Grace of the Land and SHOULDN’T be a bug, but…our current track record is not going so well.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

That’s neat, but likely a bug stemming from the fact that the bloom is originally a celestial avatar skill.

Expect them to fix it at some point.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Lots of small things that adds up together, and also note I’m not using glyphs untraited – Verdant Etching is a must for me to use them.
Point blank aoe damage, the effects themselves, aoe condition cleanse, aoe healing, short cd.

The elite is performing a bit bad though imho. VS slow, hard hitting mobs, its almost useless. There are a lot of things they could consider when it comes to improving it, like duration, damage, add something more to it (taunt?).

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Shhhhhhh… the pvp’ers will hear you.

Headdesk

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Lots of small things that adds up together, and also note I’m not using glyphs untraited – Verdant Etching is a must for me to use them.
Point blank aoe damage, the effects themselves, aoe condition cleanse, aoe healing, short cd.

The elite is performing a bit bad though imho. VS slow, hard hitting mobs, its almost useless. There are a lot of things they could consider when it comes to improving it, like duration, damage, add something more to it (taunt?).

I… am not convinced to change my build for them. But I can see the appeal because of their short cooldown.

Much of my survivability comes from the skillbar, but I don’t see glyphs being able to replace that and I don’t want to reduce my survivability. I also prefer Natural Stride over Signet of the Hunt, Rune of the Traveller and Resounding Timbre, so Verdant Etching would be too much of an investment.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Scrimschaw.5784

I… am not convinced to change my build for them. But I can see the appeal because of their short cooldown.

Much of my survivability comes from the skillbar, but I don’t see glyphs being able to replace that and I don’t want to reduce my survivability. I also prefer Natural Stride over Signet of the Hunt, Rune of the Traveller and Resounding Timbre, so Verdant Etching would be too much of an investment.

The short cooldown and the traited Seed of Life proc are the only things that make Glyphs worth taking over Survival or Signet skills in some builds. However, they do not impart the damage or survivability of either Survival or Signets. I use Glyphs for the heavy CC and minor group support, at the expense of personal survivability/DPS.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Scrimschaw.5784

Definitely agree about Glyph of Unity, but I would also like to see Glyph of Alignment reworked. The non-damaging conditions are great, but the addition of poison was absolutely silly (and steps on the toes of Viper’s Nest), and it came at the expense of decent base damage. I would much rather the poison be removed, the base damage increased, and perhaps add another minor boon or utility to the skill if it seems underpowered still. Glyph of the Tides would be a great blast finisher, IMO, and would add some much-needed finishers to Druid/Ranger.

Glyphs...

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

I know! I made a thread about this, but no one really read it and it got buried super quick.

I dont know How you guys feel, but seed of life is the real sleeper hit celestial avatar skill for me. 100% can confirm it is a light field. I blast as many as i can for the area retaliation, and leap through asmany as i can for the light aura.

Traited glyphs are really good for bunkering, decapping and supporting your team mates.