Good PvP Ranger streamers and videos ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Hello, I like to watch PvP videos so I can get better as a player.

I always have problems when I try to look for good up to date PvP videos for ranger. In comparison, when you try to find for ele, thief and mesmer, you find plenty of good ones.

For rangers, Balouga is a pretty good one and informative, but I can’t seem to find something of this level or quality.

Most of time, I find videos with people camping Staff for 20 mins, use questionable utilities (such as Signet of the Hunt, Spirit of Nature and Glyph of Unity), never use their pets (perma stowed), never use their pet f2, never swap their pet, 2 people cap, people just showing their whole games and not just segments, etc.

Any suggestions ?

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I’ve always regretted not recording my gameplay. If you are looking for tips and tricks or have any questions about how to play ranger at a high level, see my thread “Ranger Questions? Ask here!”

Aside from that, Gladomer is pretty good if you are looking for videos. If you want me to reinstall GW2 I would be more than happy to train you in person when I have the time, or let you spectate my duels.

Best of luck!

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Not really in need of training, but always fun to watch PvP videos when I’m not at home

Yes, Gladomer is one of them, but he’s mostly roaming in WvW. I do like and watch his videos. There is one Asura player with S/Wh Staff and also the Charr player with GS that I like to watch, which I forgot their names.

I just prefer to look sPvP.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Did anyone ever take RoM’s place?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

None of the really top tier guys stream druid — and as a die hard ranger fan — I think it’s in large part because it’s not interesting to watch. I mean someone having awesome pet control is not exactly glamorous like hitting that perfect CR on a chrono.

Being good at druid is mostly about hitting your dodges and restraining yourself from using CA like a lunatic.

Edit: On the other hand there are a bunch of WvW druid streamers and people that post YT videos. WvW is so much more open as to what you can run. Melee druid is never boring.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

None of the really top tier guys stream druid — and as a die hard ranger fan — I think it’s in large part because it’s not interesting to watch. I mean someone having awesome pet control is not exactly glamorous like hitting that perfect CR on a chrono.

Being good at druid is mostly about hitting your dodges and restraining yourself from using CA like a lunatic.

Edit: On the other hand there are a bunch of WvW druid streamers and people that post YT videos. WvW is so much more open as to what you can run. Melee druid is never boring.

They have no personality is what you’re saying.

ROM was the best Druid in game, for a long time.
On the best team.

If you’re saying gameplay of druid is boring, well then his personality made up for it.

And maybe this is me taking a p!$$, but honestly, if you’re great but you have no personality, — I won’t watch.

Gladomer, I can’t really say he’s not good but I will say he plays a condi build, bleh.
Plays so careful that I see it as cowardly…never taking any chances, never, ever giving up any inch of position. Reminds me of Euro style of play.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

It’s basically why I don’t stream regularly. I just feel like there is no demand in watching a druid play PvP, so whenever I could stream I decide not to because it’s too intricate and not flashy enough for twitch

If people want they can check the past broadcasts on my twitch or YouTube and if there actually is a demand for this sort of thing I can definitely stream more regularly

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

(edited by Pvt Frosty.6973)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

It’s basically why I don’t stream regularly. I just feel like there is no demand in watching a druid play PvP, so whenever I could stream I decide not to because it’s too intricate and not flashy enough for twitch

If people want they can check the past broadcasts on my twitch or YouTube and if there actually is a demand for this sort of thing I can definitely stream more regularly

Yup, just flipped through your past videos, you’re playing druid properly by camping staff and keeping points neuted.

Maybe next expac we’ll get something flashy with teleports and time manipulation.

in Ranger

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

“Gladomer is pretty good” oh my hahaha

ROM is purely out of this world when it comes to druid, some of his plays are questionable and wouldnt reccomend following them but rom pulls it off with mechanical play that is out of this world.

I’d consider myself a faily good mechanical druid but watching rom always makes me feel depressed. recently started copying his about face trick with staff auto were he kites away while still autoattacking without dropping speed. rarely needed in pvp though but its good to practice

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Glad gets some kitten; dude is competent and has never claimed to be good. He’s no where near top tier in PvP, I’d guess he’s about silver or gold rank without having seen his stream in a while. He’s not incompetent though and is a pretty solid roamer. Waay better at duels than PvP.

ROM, I’ve said this before, dude had the reflexes of a mongoose. I’ve watched a fair amount of pro leaguers and various other footage and NO ONE has reflexes like ROM. He’s faster wasted than I am sober. I’ve sparred with professional boxers that were slower than ROM.

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

Yeah thats the thing about rom, at top tier his mechanics dont make as much of an impact on other highly skilled players (as theyll rotate around matchups avoid bad situations etc) but for pugs, his individual skill simply can’t be dealth with. he’ll go far and could hold 3 players the entire match.

I remember a while back i was theory-crafting with him in custom for ranger meta (wasn’t meta at the time). i simply couldnt keep up, not only in mechanical play but in conceptual knowledge for 1v1 scenarios. after an hour i was pretty much exhausted sat down watched a film and went to sleep. undoubtedly he likely went back to queues with more energy than he had before.

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Yeah thats the thing about rom, at top tier his mechanics dont make as much of an impact on other highly skilled players (as theyll rotate around matchups avoid bad situations etc) but for pugs, his individual skill simply can’t be dealth with. he’ll go far and could hold 3 players the entire match.

I remember a while back i was theory-crafting with him in custom for ranger meta (wasn’t meta at the time). i simply couldnt keep up, not only in mechanical play but in conceptual knowledge for 1v1 scenarios. after an hour i was pretty much exhausted sat down watched a film and went to sleep. undoubtedly he likely went back to queues with more energy than he had before.

Winning 1v3s at far or any other point all game in high platinum and legendary pugs wasn’t actually that hard back in the earlier PvP seasons for druid. I managed it with skirmishing and zerker amulet because the extra damage made it easier to stomp people in outnumbered fights. Surviving and movement wasn’t a problem since our cooldowns were a lot lower. When the enemy started cleaving, CA 5 comboed with bristleback f2 with quickness was more than enough to stop the rezzing/down another player. Forget my seeker build, that was just overpowered. I would use that against higher tier players because the fights were harder.

I’d say one of the best ways to improve mechanical skill in terms of dodging and using skills appropriately is to practice fighting a gs/m-sh berserker warrior in melee range while using lb/s-d. You’ll get the hang of dodging, evades, and interrupts pretty quickly.

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

Winning 1v3s at far or any other point all game in high platinum and legendary pugs wasn’t actually that hard back in the earlier PvP seasons for druid. I managed it with skirmishing and zerker amulet because the extra damage made it easier to stomp people in outnumbered fights. Surviving and movement wasn’t a problem since our cooldowns were a lot lower. When the enemy started cleaving, CA 5 comboed with bristleback f2 with quickness was more than enough to stop the rezzing/down another player. Forget my seeker build, that was just overpowered. I would use that against higher tier players because the fights were harder.

I’d say one of the best ways to improve mechanical skill in terms of dodging and using skills appropriately is to practice fighting a gs/m-sh berserker warrior in melee range while using lb/s-d. You’ll get the hang of dodging, evades, and interrupts pretty quickly.

that’s actually good advice at the bottom, i learnt most of my mechanics when first starting to come up against hambow in pvp so i’d recommend it to anyone wanting to become better at ranger/druid.

hambow was really fun to fight against. in the hands of a good player feints could cause some psychological strain on you in an extended 1v1 doubled up with the APM that rom achieves you tire after about 2mins.

I’d say another piece of advice for anyone even remotely interested would be to understand the potential of dueling for practice and to not shy away from them simply because you’re afraid of losing. losing honestly is good in a practice 1v1, especially if you’re the winning match-up. it means you have someone to learn from, keep dueling until your win rate is 70-30 or until they get bored with you xD

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

that’s actually good advice at the bottom, i learnt most of my mechanics when first starting to come up against hambow in pvp so i’d recommend it to anyone wanting to become better at ranger/druid.

hambow was really fun to fight against. in the hands of a good player feints could cause some psychological strain on you in an extended 1v1 doubled up with the APM that rom achieves you tire after about 2mins.

I’d say another piece of advice for anyone even remotely interested would be to understand the potential of dueling for practice and to not shy away from them simply because you’re afraid of losing. losing honestly is good in a practice 1v1, especially if you’re the winning match-up. it means you have someone to learn from, keep dueling until your win rate is 70-30 or until they get bored with you xD

The problem when you get really good at dueling is that you completely faceroll everybody you come across. Finding challenging duels is hard at a high level unless you’re friends with esl guys, strict duelers, or really experienced players on their main class. I’ve been pretty much strictly 1v1ing on ranger every time I played since release. I find it to be a lot of fun.

Personally, if you were looking to get good fast at ranger, another good method to try is asking around in dueling servers for 1v2s and 1v3s. You’ll probably lose, but learning how to survive against multiple people while downing them yourself is good practice. Aside from this, the best way to train for pushing far as a ranger is to ask for 1v2s where one of the enemies is a thief. If you can survive a thief +1, you’ll be good in most cases.

Back when I played, the only 1v3s that were significantly harder is when there was a good thief +1ing me. The burst, teleports, and interrupts were a lot harder to play around in an outnumbered situation when it was harder to keep track of everyone’s movement and skills.

Honestly it doesn’t matter how good you are at rotating, if you can’t fight, you won’t do well. Learning how to duel is one of the best skills to have as a player.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Believe it or not, the best rangers who imo are even better mechanically than ESL players do not stream.

Shadowpass is really good, as well as Fluffball, or even Sevans.

Actually might as well pm them and duel them to get better at ranger.

Hell, I’d be happy to duel you and train eventhough I am just average at best.

Not really impressed by a lot of ESL players when it comes to druid (not to be rude or anything)

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Believe it or not, the best rangers who imo are even better mechanically than ESL players do not stream.

Not really impressed by a lot of ESL players when it comes to druid (not to be rude or anything)

<3

Miss you StickerHappy, rangers ftw!

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

I’m not sure if its a troll or not but ROM (a druid/ranger player since release) is widely known as being a high contender for the top mechanical player in the game. the flow of actions are uninterrupted when being processed even when these tactics take multiple keybinds.

take for example your auto attack on staff. to a regular player the staff can’t do anything in terms of wow factor. you dont even get any value of cancel casting the aftercast like you do with mesmer (probably about 0.5% extra damage). but while running away he can keep auto attacking you with staff while hardly slowing down his retreat space and no change to camera positioning.

Its achieved with the following actions
left click to lock free camera in place
about face
auto attack channels automatically
left click to lock camera in place
right click to unset camera and return character to front.

in a cycle this appears to be 4 actions per turn around to auto attack. so evertime i want to around on a new cycle to hit my enemy while running away (assume about face is Q) i would press QLRL

can you begin to imagine how difficult this would be able to pull off in a match without affecting your gameplay, not only is it exhausting the value of it isnt seen worthy of a regular player to learn simply because its too much effort or they physically cant. he does this with many different things that at first glance seem trivial.

its actually mind blowing that anyone would think there are better mechanical druids on this forum

(edited by RedCobra.7693)

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

This whole discussion is kind of moot, considering there is no esl hence there is no esl players ^^

There are a few druids who were / are as good if not better than Rom was mechanically (pretty difficult to pinpoint it exactly) but none of that really matters. It’s like you’re comparing misha to helseth, no one was strictly better mechanically, they are just different.

YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

This whole discussion is kind of moot, considering there is no esl hence there is no esl players ^^

There are a few druids who were / are as good if not better than Rom was mechanically (pretty difficult to pinpoint it exactly) but none of that really matters. It’s like you’re comparing misha to helseth, no one was strictly better mechanically, they are just different.

its not really that hard to pinpoint, while not being the most important in competitive play (helseth bringing animation extending to shield block to beat misha who was mechanically better in 1v1’s ti win) it can be seen quite clearly in the complexity of moves used in difficult and tense situations. ESL was just a model and originally run by GW2 marketing budget and department. while ESL has been discontinued for GW2 it most certainly doesn’t eliminate the unlikely possibility of large tournaments in the future should they decide to push this again.

All the ESL players, or should i say the people in game that play to win and have tangible evidence of playing so. still retain high power and authority over the meta and playerbase. All this means is now these top players that have a far better evaluation over what is needed to win at high level play will now much more likely share information.

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

its not really that hard to pinpoint, while not being the most important in competitive play (helseth bringing animation extending to shield block to beat misha who was mechanically better in 1v1’s ti win) it can be seen quite clearly in the complexity of moves used in difficult and tense situations. ESL was just a model and originally run by GW2 marketing budget and department. while ESL has been discontinued for GW2 it most certainly doesn’t eliminate the unlikely possibility of large tournaments in the future should they decide to push this again.

All the ESL players, or should i say the people in game that play to win and have tangible evidence of playing so. still retain high power and authority over the meta and playerbase. All this means is now these top players that have a far better evaluation over what is needed to win at high level play will now much more likely share information.

Funny examples, helseth never brought animation extending anywhere, it was actually what we would call a random chrono that did that(MapKo). Until that point everyone actually thought the phantasm spawn after shield 4 happened randomly if you jump (so everyone, helseth included) focused on spawning on pets or clones. Helseth just made it his because he had a much bigger followerbase and was a pretty big streamer.

Regardless of the argument on who did what first, the point im trying to make is that most people here get their information from streamers and take it as gospel, forgetting that they are just people afterall who are biased towards themselves and their friends.

I agree with you tho that right now sharing information is actually pretty lucrative and worthwhile (since there is no advantage to hiding theory craft to get an edge, something we still did for groucharoo to a small extent ^^)

YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

I remember closely watching the 1v1 though and when i say helseth did it first im not trying to take away any innovation from whomever did, that’s just semantics. what I mean is he’s the first one between helseth and misha to use it in a tournament environment.
providing a bit of evidence that mechanical play isn’t the most important factor but the element of “yomi” adapting to a scenarios quicker than the other. forcing misha to decide whether he would jump or stay and try and adapt.

for an average player, i personally think that you should hear them as gospel if you dont plan on ever competing with the best. obviously what they say and do wont work against them if you plan on competing against them. that goes without saying.

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

I suppose you are right to some degree. I just want people to think critically. Which is why I always get so annoyed when people just play metabattle builds without ever trying to improve on them

YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I do alright, but no where near the best of the best though. I’m too elderly and decrepit to process the information that some of the younger guys on this forum do. Those boon and condi icons are tiny.

I don’t know if he still plays, but the best I’ve dueled against was ArrowSlanger. He also won the NA side of the ranger forum dueling competition I organized, beating even Euratien 3/3 if I remember right.