Got kicked out of a group again :D

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

“Sry, we can’t take you along, we will need at least SOME damage”
And then I got kicked

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

Probably a butt hurt ranger who rolled another class.
I still haven’t found a single team that kicked me or didn’t pick me for being Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlueCJay.1205

BlueCJay.1205

I haven’t actually been kicked, but I have been asked if I have a different character at level 80 that I could switch to.

in Ranger

Posted by: King Jon.3128

King Jon.3128

I haven’t been kicked out, but then again, I don’t really want to bring my ranger in a dungeon.

in Ranger

Posted by: racta.4250

racta.4250

I don’t want to start a flame war or anything, but maybe it’s not the ranger they don’t want. Maybe it’s you the player.

Racta
[Bush] – Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

I don’t want to start a flame war or anything, but maybe it’s not the ranger they don’t want. Maybe it’s you the player.

go away, shoo

in Ranger

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Racta—that really was uncalled for!!!!!!

There have been a few threads with others having the same issue—some groups do not want Rangers because some consider the ranger a hinderence rather than a help and all the other classes are more valuable to the group as whole.

in Ranger

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

they do not want rangers, they do not want mesmers, sometimes not elementalist, etc..

THEY are stupid, self-involved and not able to care for others feeling!

What else to say?
Myself would not want to stay in such a group that wants me to change my character or cannot accept the profession which I’ve chosen.

I’ve never experienced that (yet?), either with my mesmer nor with my ranger, but I would overlook them and try to find another group which can socialize better and does not discriminate other players because of their chosen profession.

Sorry, that you have experienced that. :-(

(edited by Navi.7142)

in Ranger

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

It makes sense to me. I’ve done a lot of AC, CM, TA and HoTW Exp runs and never ever got kicked out of the party, nor in the occasional runs I did in all the other dungeons (except Arah, I’ve never done it :p).

But I’m also noticing that people is getting more and more picky when looking for groups. When I started farming nobody used to ask what level/profession you were. Lately I’ve even been asked to link my gear. But seriously, don’t blame it on rangers, we are not that bad running dungeons. It’s just that some players suck so bad at dungeons with their squishy builds that they only like warriors and guardians to save their kitten

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

That’s ridiculous and mean.

When they ask if you have another 80 char (and that’s usually the query 80-90% of the time) then it really makes your comment seem very cruel.

How about getting the question and steering clear of being just plain mean?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Lelouch.8452

Lelouch.8452

well, it’s not like it hasn’t happened to me before. I go like “Rank ## Ranger lf group” nothing happens. Then I go “Rank ## Necro lfg” and pretty much got a group within seconds.

Best Looking Ranger in NA :D
http://www.twitch.tv/midori_ryuuk

in Ranger

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Its because PUGs are morons. This is why you don’t PUG if you can help it because it’s where all the bads are.

A trap Ranger is actually quite good at clearing Explorables quickly. All while being very survivable.

(edited by Maxzero.4032)

in Ranger

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Rangers have some pretty legitimate complaints in sPvP, but in PvE they’re not bad, aside from their pets being almost entirely useless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arlo.2149

Arlo.2149

I’ve never been kicked out of a group because I can’t get in one

in Ranger

Posted by: Danepher.5263

Danepher.5263

Never been kicked from a group, but was asked if I have another character (this happened only when playing the ranger – never on other professions).

Liquid Intelligence [LI] || Blacktide
aka John Silverarrow and more.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rancor Chiron.6178

Rancor Chiron.6178

Never been asked to change even when there are already two Rangers in the group. I usually just respond with “I’ll go”, they invite and we are off.

Some people are just jerks and you will run into them from time to time. There are plenty of groups out there.

in Ranger

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I’m not a ranger but whenever I’ve been in groups wanting to do speed runs through anything they always flat out deny rangers most of the time and I’ve seen them kicked as well which is pathetic.. I understand there are some issues but that damage isn’t “THAT” bad to really warrant it but you still have a lot of people out there that will still min/max.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Just to make it clear: I did not get kicked because of lack of skill, I didn’t even have time to proof what I’m capable of. I got invited, they saw I’m a ranger and then kicked me with the above explanation.

I do not say that happens 24/7, but it actually happened before already.
Most of the groups don’t complain about rangers, thats true. But I never saw a group kicking anybody for there class – except me for being a ranger twice.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Be thankful the player base is more considerate than Anet, and find another group. Plus this happens with every class. Rangers aren’t a damage dealer, plain and simple. The fact that rangers bring no focused role to the party is not relevant.

Similar example from GW1: Ritualist healers. In many cases, just as effective as a monk, but sometimes not…. I’m bored with this, I hope I helped

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

in Ranger

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I have played in dungeons with my ranger, never got kicked out, but I had several occasions in which people complained that having a ranger in the party was screwing things over (even though I rarely die and usually am fighting, luring aggro, doing the most dps I can as a ranger and healing people with search and rescue or removing conditions with bear and elite spirit).

It is terrible to be under constant pressure of having to play flawlessly otherwise people complain you are dragging the group down cause your profession is bad.

in Ranger

Engels.8537

I know a lot of people will disagree, specially after this patch. But have you Rangers considered the posibility that other classes are now seing us as a usless, unhelpfull, with absolutely NOTHING good to offer mainly because we rangers keep spreading this on every single forum?
A month or two ago, we were as broken as we are now and I never saw anyone ask a ranger to switch to another char, or kick him out of a group.
Of course, some of you will say “it took some time until they found out how crappy we really are”, and well, maybe there’s some truth there, but I still believe that if we didn’t hate our own profession this hard, others wouln’t hate us this hard neither.

Like what Azel said, sometimes I feel other players ridiculously underestimate us, not because we actually suck that bad, but because they have heard too many times that we are good for nothing.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Ranger

Sleepy.2647

have you Rangers considered the posibility that other classes are now seing us as a usless, unhelpfull, with absolutely NOTHING good to offer mainly because we rangers keep spreading this on every single forum?

I think the main “issue” (i’ve never experienced being kicked tho) comes from old rangers who rolled another class and lack of knowledge about rangers.
A lot of players just think that 8k > 1k, there is no way to deal with that. You also have to take into consideration that a vast majority of rangers in PvE don’t even know how to use their pet or which pet to use, i’ve played with plenty of rangers in Dungeons and most of them use the pet quite badly (or don’t use it at all).

The only downside of rangers compared to other classes in dungeons could be the AoE damage, other classes are better at bursting down “weak” mobs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miss Hilton.4623

Miss Hilton.4623

This hasn’t happened to me and I don’t have any experience in dungeons on other characters/professions. So I guess I’m really ignorant on this subject… is our damage really that bad compared to others??? Ouch…

Blackgate
Vairrek (Spooty Necro Pug Extraordinaire)

in Ranger

Sleepy.2647

is our damage really that bad compared to others??? Ouch…

No.

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthile.8493

Anthile.8493

It’s just that a fairly large amount of players think that anything but warriors and guardians are worthless in PvE. I have seen elementalists, necromancers and mesmers kicked from groups.
These are not very good players.
Luckily enough GW2 has its own version of gear check for these kind of people: look at their portrait and see if they have five signets on.

in Ranger

Engels.8537

I can now imagine a lot of ex-rangers with their warriors/thieves kicking our kitten out of a group. I guess you guys are right.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

is our damage really that bad compared to others??? Ouch…

No.

Yes.

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

in Ranger

Posted by: Iggy.9482

Iggy.9482

I’ve actually found that a group with a few rangers can do some things rather well. For instance, you can’t get hit by an enemy if it is constantly being knocked back.

That said, I don’t think that ranger is in a good position. Don’t start arguing with me as though I think we are the best class, whatever. Requiring several members of a class to be effective is stupid.

in Ranger

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

I have never been kicked out of my dungeon groups with my Ranger. Then again I run a critical condition build on her and usually have better survivability than most members in the groups I have been in. I even had moments when I would outlast guardians in major dungeon scraps. What most pugs in this game dont realize is GW2 relies more on movement and skill than how great your stats are. If you want to play a game where a dungeon group based on what classes and gear your group has in order to progress and complete dungeons effectively and quickly is a mandatory factor to your success, then go play some of the non skilled required mmos.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Lies.
I always get called in sPVP groups to guard the ruins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

I have never been kicked, nor have I ever kicked another Ranger from group.

It all just sounds like specific servers/players do this because of their elitist personalities…or do people just like making up stories…?!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

The OP is clearly lying, he doesn’t even put any evidence -.-

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in Ranger

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

some groups do not want Rangers because some consider the ranger a hinderence rather than a help and all the other classes are more valuable to the group as whole.

They’re just stupid, since when I do dungeons, I have almost always the aggro on me (I lost it only if I die, and it bounces between me and my bf’s thief). So… the ranger is a GOOD dps ^-^ (and I have condi build)

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

It makes sense to me. I’ve done a lot of AC, CM, TA and HoTW Exp runs and never ever got kicked out of the party, nor in the occasional runs I did in all the other dungeons (except Arah, I’ve never done it :p).

But I’m also noticing that people is getting more and more picky when looking for groups. When I started farming nobody used to ask what level/profession you were. Lately I’ve even been asked to link my gear. But seriously, don’t blame it on rangers, we are not that bad running dungeons. It’s just that some players suck so bad at dungeons with their squishy builds that they only like warriors and guardians to save their kitten

Actually we are quite bad at running dungeons. Mostly because pet survivability sucks and the many projectile bugs in this game. We get on snipers vantage point and we get immunity, we get on flat ground and phantom obstructions pop up. We send pet in which is 50% of our dps and he gets insta gibbed, there are many reasons rangers suck in both pve and pvp.

in Ranger

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

Actually we are quite bad at running dungeons. Mostly because pet survivability sucks and the many projectile bugs in this game. We get on snipers vantage point and we get immunity, we get on flat ground and phantom obstructions pop up. We send pet in which is 50% of our dps and he gets insta gibbed, there are many reasons rangers suck in both pve and pvp.

Maybe it’s just you?

I am happy with my contribution in dungeons as a Ranger. That’s after doing dungeons on my 80 Guardian, Engineer and Elementalist.

Good damage, good survivability and some decent CC (Spike, Frost Trap and Muddy terrain).

Devourer I find survives very well.

Enjoying the Fractal dungeon very much.

(edited by Maxzero.4032)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

Pet is 50% DPS? Really now…lol!

The issues regarding immunity and obstructions apply to other classes too. It’s not ranger specific.

The reason behind “immunity” is because if a mob is unable to attack you in the location you’re at, it’s only fair that you cannot damage it either. There’s nothing wrong with this usually. Given that, there’s also some cases where a mob randomly resets in the midst of a fight when nothing was blocking it’s ability to attack you. However, this is an issue all on its own as it happens to melee classes as well.

As for the “obstruction”, yes, it’s an issue, but it’s not as bad as you, and others like you make it sound. It usually only happens in certain locations because of the terrain…and, as I’ve already said, it applies to all classes. It is NOT ranger specific.