Great Hope For The Druid!

in Ranger

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

After reading the official Scrapper reveal article today, I am very excited to see what Druid brings. Scrapper seems to have great traits synergy, fun weapon skills, as well as useful utility skills. ICH (ranger and engineer developer) might also have some awesome stuff for Druid as well!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Oh God no just don’t, we’re all being as pessimistic as possible to avoid disappointment. i.e. if Druid sucks – “meh, just as we thought”… if Druid’s good – “FINALLY something viable woohoo”

in Ranger

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Oh God no just don’t, we’re all being as pessimistic as possible to avoid disappointment. i.e. if Druid sucks – “meh, just as we thought”… if Druid’s good – “FINALLY something viable woohoo”

Lol, I want to believe that Anet really is saving the best for last.

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It’s going to be one of two things:

1. It’s the most well thought out Specialization design and is incredibly polished, functional, and synergistic meaning we don’t need Beta weekends to test it out because it is working flawlessly.

2. They couldn’t come up with anything so they saved it for last and will tack it on at the end and hope everyone is so busy with the other builds that they don’t bother trying it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

My concerns are that even if they do make druid a really interesting specialization – and maybe get us viable
- they’ll just drop any fixes and changes we really need because you know… They did a good job and they can take a cookie, not ever sticking their noses into our class again until they find we have something nice and nerf us back again (hello GS Swoop).

If they fail – we’ll basically get a chance to rebel and fill their boxes with ideas how to fix things they did wrong, from the very core since that place is overflooded by problems and issues.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

2. They couldn’t come up with anything so they saved it for last and will tack it on at the end and hope everyone is so busy with the other builds that they don’t bother trying it.

You laugh but that’s precisely how Ranger came to be in the game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

After reading the official Scrapper reveal article today, I am very excited to see what Druid brings. Scrapper seems to have great traits synergy, fun weapon skills, as well as useful utility skills. ICH (ranger and engineer developer) might also have some awesome stuff for Druid as well!

Isn’t Roy responsible for the ranger? It was him presenting the specialization traits in the ready up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Isn’t Roy responsible for the ranger? It was him presenting the specialization traits in the ready up.

No, he isn’t. He even said during that presentation that he didn’t do any of the changes they were presenting.

Irenio Calmon-Huang is the current ranger dev from my understanding.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

I faintly recall the guy who did the Ranger traits being the only one who hadn’t been available for that stream, so someone else filled his spot (I guess Roy then) on the livestream with only some notes to go with. I believe there was a lot disappointment from the Ranger community because they seemed to just want to get it (the ranger section) over with, so that they could move on to the Warrior.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Who said I was laughing?

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

looks like we have to wat a week longer. Anet releasing HoT launch trailer next week on twitchcon.
They never release a lot a the same time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

Honestly it doesn’t matter what they do. 90% of the rangers on this board have there complaints pre loaded and are just waiting for launch. When the reveal happens they will all hate it, want it changed to there particular idea, argue everyone else’s idea is terrible, and then continue the circle of life around here. I actually submitted an idea for the druid, that i think would make the rangers that post here happy, but I’m unsure…. Something like

Staff 1 “Immediate gratification”
Every time this ability is used, a developer is instantly forced to log on and answer what ever petulant whim the player is currently thinking about. Flying? Sure. Dueling? sure. Flying while dueling while your best friend controls your pet from your dual screen keyboard. Sure! Just press button 1 and you can instantly have anything you randomly think of and put on a message board. Don’t worry if it’s an idiotic idea, someone else will be pressing 1 soon to over-wright you!

Staff 2 “Everybody gets a medal”
This is only triggered once you are defeated by a particular boss or class type. Once triggered you simply enter the name of the boss or class in the field presented. The next time you encounter this obstacle, simply press 2 again and it is instantly defeated and you receive a precursor.

Staff 3 “Every class gets better stuff then Ranger”
When you hit staff 3 you instantly gain the abilities of every class in the game. You simply have to scroll through and decide what class you want to play. Don’t worry you can still call yourself a Ranger, and come to this board to complain about every class you can become.

Staff 4 “Chart topper”
This has a pretty decent cool down. But it instantly places your name, and Ranger class in all the top charts for PvP and Speed Running Dungeons and Fractals. You are now the meta for whatever play style you were about to cry about.

Staff 5 “cake”
With staff 5 a cake is delivered to your house to help you over come the years of “trials and tribulations” you’ve “suffered” playing a video game. Also a copy of “The diary of Anne Frank” is delivered with the cake. In case you ever want to see what real trials and suffering are all about.

I don’t know if this will satisfy every ranger on here. But i thought i would give it a shot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I have a dream that one day this class will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all professions are created equal.”

I have a dream that one day down in the land of the Jade Maw, the ghosts of former pets and their descendants will be able to sit down together in revelry.

I have a dream that one day in WvW, a land sweltering with the heat of inadequate group support, sweltering with the heat of class imbalance, will one day be an oasis of balance and class diversity.

I have a dream that one day my Ranger will be judged not by the species of pet that I use, but by the content of my character’s ability.

I have a dream today.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@Jester

I was this close <→ to agreeing with your #1 suggestion. Than I found that it’s not idiot-proof and that’s not my jam.
That kind of ruined the joke. You know, 90% is a high enough number for people to take it personally. But after all – when I saw Ele and Warrior forums doing the same actually being heard and buffed into oblivion, I came to realize I don’t regret being in this class custody.

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

I faintly recall the guy who did the Ranger traits being the only one who hadn’t been available for that stream, so someone else filled his spot (I guess Roy then) on the livestream with only some notes to go with. I believe there was a lot disappointment from the Ranger community because they seemed to just want to get it (the ranger section) over with, so that they could move on to the Warrior.

yeah i remember that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

I am fully (almost) expecting it to be a player-pet “bond,” (going along the theme of a druids oneness with nature and sacrifice),perhaps removing the AI pet from the field, replaced by the already data-mined “aspect” ability swap, giving the ranger a themed buff as per the chosen aspect (similar to elementalist’s elemental attunements in some way, perhaps even altering the weapon skills). most likely a DPS aspect option, Support option, and mobility option.

in Ranger

Posted by: NutellaCrepe.6745

NutellaCrepe.6745

Staff 5 “cake”
Also a copy of “The diary of Anne Frank” is delivered with the cake. In case you ever want to see what real trials and suffering are all about.

Funny until this.
1) Disproportionately too real example on a gaming forum
2) Doesn’t match the rest of your sarcastic humor.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

…snip…

I also want a pet called Celestial Jester Hawkmoon Dog with an F2 called “Sarcasm Detector”.

I AM AN ENTITLED RANGER WHO DESERVES EVERYTHING I COMPLAIN ABOUT AND I WANT IT NOW!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Jeeze people, can’t you let there be just ONE positive thread on the ranger forum?

I for one find the Scrapper specialization really interesting so far. If Druid has a similar design quality we’re looking at a pretty good druid.

And before anyone tries to give me the “We’re anticipating failure so we don’t get let down!” shpeel, the way I look at it is different.

No matter how you look at it we’re all getting the same end result. Might as well not let it ruin my week by expecting failure.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@Ehecatl
My name should meet your expectations.
And my name’s appeared in a lot of thread so far.

Now I realize how interestingly it fits all the situations in addition to my realistic nature.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

I’m probably going against the current here but I hope Druid turns out to be a dedicated healer.

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I’m probably going against the current here but I hope Druid turns out to be a dedicated healer.

While I wouldn’t necessarily want a dedicated healer (I enjoy the lack of a trinity) but a more support-y specialization, that can provide might/water fields/blasts would be nice

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Technically it was because Anet had like 2-3 ideas for one trick pony classes (Marksman, Warden, Beastmaster) that obviously couldn’t amount to more than “uses X to attack things” and just mushed them together and slapped Ranger on it for old time’s sake knowing a massive chunk of people out of the gate were going to be GW2 oldbies.

It’s all pretty obvious when you split the class into the major components.

1. Nature ninja that uses tricks and traps.
2. Long range bowman.
3. Fights along side an animal.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

in Ranger

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

I still hope for a shapeshifting heal tank

in Ranger

Nemesis.6938

When i think about it which spot is still open? The dd is damage or controll, the scrapper is controll or support, at least i think so. So whats the most likely spot for druids?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

When i think about it which spot is still open? The dd is damage or controll, the scrapper is controll or support, at least i think so. So whats the most likely spot for druids?

Probably support too.
Both offensive and defensive. If you think about it, almost all of us already have a DPS choice. Giving us some more support (of whichever kind) is what Elite specializations seem to be about.

Necro – chill offensive support
Ele – stun breaking support
Guardian – Ranged utility support
Thief – offensive combat “support” (safe stomping) > Staff will not be their DPS option

And so on.

So I believe Rangers might very likely become the buffing/recuperating and disrupting kind of support. You know, those that have been mentioned a dozen of times like launch, roots, heals (I believe an Elite heal was announced back when Druid was leaked), resistance…

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

I have never heard of Irenio Calmon-Huang.

This makes me even more pessimistic about the Druid. I’ve never seen him post on the Ranger forum nor make any other attempts at community engagement so just how in-touch with our actual needs can this guy be? You see recognisable people like Roy and Grouch and Karl and know that if they’re working on a profession they’ll engage with its community and show a decent level of understanding about its needs.

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

I wish Allie Murdock was still here

:(

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

If druid is good I will donate 3 skittles to my best friend (he does not have alot of money and can’t afford skittles).

in Ranger

Nemesis.6938

Baer shapeshifting melee brawler tag team pet heal tank pleeeeaaassse

in Ranger

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

I love skittles.

Bring enough for everyone.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

STARFIRE STARFIRE MOONFIRE WRATH WRATH

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

Probably support too.
Both offensive and defensive. If you think about it, almost all of us already have a DPS choice. Giving us some more support (of whichever kind) is what Elite specializations seem to be about.

Necro – chill offensive support
Ele – stun breaking support
Guardian – Ranged utility support
Thief – offensive combat “support” (safe stomping) > Staff will not be their DPS option

And so on.

So I believe Rangers might very likely become the buffing/recuperating and disrupting kind of support. You know, those that have been mentioned a dozen of times like launch, roots, heals (I believe an Elite heal was announced back when Druid was leaked), resistance…

hmmmm, an elite heal would be interesting.

heal and draw all conditions from nearby allies, to yourself, you gain X seconds of resistance and (might?) for each unique condition pulled

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

That sounds far too weak for an elite.

The condition removal should be a pulse.

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

That sounds far too weak for an elite. like Spirit of Nature

:) I fixed it for you.

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

That sounds far too weak for an elite. like Spirit of Nature

:) I fixed it for you.

yeah I guess its too much like spirit of nature didn’t think of that

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

To OP, yes I am actually quite hopeful it will be amazing. The silence can only mean this. They would be planting seeds and hyping it, if it was not going to be any good. It would have been released in the middle, as well. Best should go first and last.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Jephiroth.3197

Jephiroth.3197

After all the goodies that they pulled off with the Scrapper, I actually have some hope that the Druid will be pretty great! If my hope falls through, I always have the Revenant Glint/Shiro combo already specced out and gear waiting.

Traumahawk: WvW Shout/Seed Sinister Druid
Ashen Mistwalker: WvW Tank/Crit Revenant
Oaken Earthlore: WvW Medi/Bunker Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

The ranger forums remind me of the mesmer forums before. lol.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Nemesis.6938

maybe the ranger could get a shapeshift like a kit – with supports for the group like a weakness houl or a might/stability warcry, healing melee attacks etc…
I think a bear-transformation would be really nice cause a) druids are usually always shapeshifters b) the bear transform looks awesome and a lot of npc use it c) the animations and all is already in the game d) being in beast form could synergise very well with your pet – like the trait that shares boons with your pet and the such

in Ranger

Posted by: Antalore.4206

Antalore.4206

Honestly it doesn’t matter what they do. 90% of the rangers on this board have there complaints pre loaded and are just waiting for launch. When the reveal happens they will all hate it, want it changed to there particular idea, argue everyone else’s idea is terrible, and then continue the circle of life around here. I actually submitted an idea for the druid, that i think would make the rangers that post here happy, but I’m unsure…. Something like

Staff 1 “Immediate gratification”
Every time this ability is used, a developer is instantly forced to log on and answer what ever petulant whim the player is currently thinking about. Flying? Sure. Dueling? sure. Flying while dueling while your best friend controls your pet from your dual screen keyboard. Sure! Just press button 1 and you can instantly have anything you randomly think of and put on a message board. Don’t worry if it’s an idiotic idea, someone else will be pressing 1 soon to over-wright you!

Staff 2 “Everybody gets a medal”
This is only triggered once you are defeated by a particular boss or class type. Once triggered you simply enter the name of the boss or class in the field presented. The next time you encounter this obstacle, simply press 2 again and it is instantly defeated and you receive a precursor.

Staff 3 “Every class gets better stuff then Ranger”
When you hit staff 3 you instantly gain the abilities of every class in the game. You simply have to scroll through and decide what class you want to play. Don’t worry you can still call yourself a Ranger, and come to this board to complain about every class you can become.

Staff 4 “Chart topper”
This has a pretty decent cool down. But it instantly places your name, and Ranger class in all the top charts for PvP and Speed Running Dungeons and Fractals. You are now the meta for whatever play style you were about to cry about.

Staff 5 “cake”
With staff 5 a cake is delivered to your house to help you over come the years of “trials and tribulations” you’ve “suffered” playing a video game. Also a copy of “The diary of Anne Frank” is delivered with the cake. In case you ever want to see what real trials and suffering are all about.

I don’t know if this will satisfy every ranger on here. But i thought i would give it a shot.

I laughed my kitten off to that, thank you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’m quite hopeful for Druid now after the Scrapper reveal, since Druid has the same dev as Scrapper. Scrapper traits have some great synergies and the hammer is excellent. I’m not too fond of gyros yet.

We also had the same dev for our trait rework before other devs came in and “balanced” it by removing %-damage traits, moving Most Dangerous Game from Adept to Grandmaster, ruining Light on your Feet, removing Opening Strike from Signet trait, and I think some other stuff as well.

So, Scrapper might still be destroyed as well as Druid.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

My concerns are that even if they do make druid a really interesting specialization – and maybe get us viable
- they’ll just drop any fixes and changes we really need because you know… They did a good job and they can take a cookie, not ever sticking their noses into our class again until they find we have something nice and nerf us back again (hello GS Swoop).

If they fail – we’ll basically get a chance to rebel and fill their boxes with ideas how to fix things they did wrong, from the very core since that place is overflooded by problems and issues.

I’m really curious about who’s calling the shots to ranger nerfs like:
Shortbow range from 1200 to 900
Shortbow attack speed
The old [Vigorous Renewal] trait with Healing Spring that allowed it to pulse vigor
Greatsword double leap

I really didn’t understand these nerfs. They weren’t even overpowered. The second year after launch was the worst year for rangers if you guys recall. Nerfs like these came wave after wave at every balance patch that year.

I agree with Tragic. I am far more concerned with the core class balance than the Druid specialisation.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

bright side, they are doing the reveal on a “public” place and not streamed, wich mean that they will be present to recive the tomatos to the face and boos shall they screw the ranger spec

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’m really curious about who’s calling the shots to ranger nerfs like:
Shortbow range from 1200 to 900
Shortbow attack speed
The old [Vigorous Renewal] trait with Healing Spring that allowed it to pulse vigor
Greatsword double leap

I really didn’t understand these nerfs. They weren’t even overpowered. The second year after launch was the worst year for rangers if you guys recall. Nerfs like these came wave after wave at every balance patch that year.

I agree with Tragic. I am far more concerned with the core class balance than the Druid specialisation.

I think Jon Peters, since he moved Most Dangerous Game from adept all the way up to grandmaster tier saying it’s too powerful. And that on-air while revealing the changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Most Dangerous Game would have been a great trait with the old iteration of bark skin, but now it is just bad. Why would someone camp at 50% health to easily get spiked down just so they can get 1 stack of might pulses. Furthermore, it is completely outclassed by Quickdraw simply because quickdraw is the best trait we have ever had.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Honestly I would them to add some lightning nature magic or something I know the ranger needs more important things fixed but it can use some more umph instead of just a bunch of healing magic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Anzriel.1398

Anzriel.1398

Maybe they’ll just decide not to add druid and delete ranger from the game

…..I’d laugh but….well I wouldn’t be shocked. >.>

Maybe scrapper is named that because they’re scrapping ranger? …… I’m sorry that was terrible…

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Maybe they’ll just decide not to add druid and delete ranger from the game

…..I’d laugh but….well I wouldn’t be shocked. >.>

Maybe scrapper is named that because they’re scrapping ranger? …… I’m sorry that was terrible…

The sky is falling the sky is falling dooom!!!!