Greatsword

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Needs more gap closers or a faster casting slow/more slows.

The damage is fine, but whats the point if you get kited the whole time? #4’s casting is too long

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

My main issue is that #4 roots me!

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvp.2758

Pvp.2758

Yeah… by the time you throw the sword, they are already too far away.

The warrior greatsword has 2 gapclosers and a slow…

S(KILL) Gametypes > WvW & sPVP

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Freezenox.8534

Freezenox.8534

GS#3 is fine, it is a pretty long range gap closer and is way better than warrior’s GS 5, but#5 definitely need to improve i never hit someone with that thing if he is running away, #4 doesn’t root you anymore unless u blocked someone.

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

GS#3 is fine, it is a pretty long range gap closer and is way better than warrior’s GS 5, but#5 definitely need to improve i never hit someone with that thing if he is running away, #4 doesn’t root you anymore unless u blocked someone.

It’s the throwing part that roots you. It’s not a reliable slow if your opponent decides to run.

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Freezenox.8534

Freezenox.8534

It’s the throwing part that roots you. It’s not a reliable slow if your opponent decides to run.

Yeah well GS for ranger is more like defensive weapon (auto evade and block, and daze/stun) compare to GS for warrior as offensives. I dont use GS to chase much instead i use my shortbow, stun/cripple/bleed to death.

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Easy fixes that will make the weapon more fluid:

-Increase the speed of counter attack (this could be applied to pretty much any profession that has a counter mechanism in their weapon sets)

-Remove root on sword throw

-Drastically reduce the aftercast on counter attack; it is not a very fluid motion to go into any action from the counter; it seems to exist only for that purpose and combos off of it are awkward at best, though sometimes workable. This is partly because it knocks your foe back a great deal; but the small distance is often a hindrance and there would be little change to the efficacy of the skill if the knockback were decreased or the aftercast was removed/reduced.

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Needs more gap closers or a faster casting slow/more slows.

The damage is fine, but whats the point if you get kited the whole time? #4’s casting is too long

The easy solution is to use Spike Trap, Frost Trap, Muddy Terrain, Canine pets or have shortbow or axe on swap instead of chasing them around.

I admit I only do WvW but I’ve never had a problem being kited in any situation because I have tools to prevent it and/or deal with it. Sometimes it’s easier to use what you have instead of wishing you had something you don’t.

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Are some of you getting confused with warrior GS skills or am I forgetting a ranger skill? It sounds like people are thinking about bladetrail (which is stupidly OP but that’s another story) when they mention the “throw”.

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

The only issue is the root on 4 and the damage nerf. It’s my favorite weapon in the game for many reasons and I do hope they make a few quality of life improvements like giving Maul a small aoe around the ranger.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Roysten.3456

Roysten.3456

If they look like kiteing after a great sword 3&5 just weapon swap, it doesn’t matter what you have equipped it will solve your problem.

Mustard Pepper

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Are some of you getting confused with warrior GS skills or am I forgetting a ranger skill? It sounds like people are thinking about bladetrail (which is stupidly OP but that’s another story) when they mention the “throw”.

Yes, you’re forgetting a ranger skill, what we’re talking about is “Crippling Throw.”

Greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

While I generally feel that the Ranger Greatsword is in a good spot, I would not turn down a change to Crippling Throw to allow you to cast it on the move.

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home