Greatsword or Sword/Horn?

in Ranger

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I am loving ranger, but I’m very indecisive about my equipped secondary (melee) weapon. I use a longbow main and want a melee option for reflects. I enjoy the horn’s might/fury/swiftness and the attack speed of the sword, but the sword skills are very fiddly (have tossed myself off a few cliffs with 2, and 3 rarely lands on it’s target)

Any recommendations?

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

If you want to kill people great sword is superior.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Yep Go Greatsword if you plan to use LB,
sword takes a while to get use to, try it everynow and again , practice with it don’t drop it like many other poorly played Fotm rangers, we Veterans want some New blood to join the ranks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Axe or dagger would be better offhands for a sword IMO. I prefer either of those combos over GS, axe for way more offense and dagger for way more defense. But it’s pretty much 6 to one, half a dozen to the other as far as sword vs GS.

Sword is also nice for the poison on warriors.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Defensively
With the evade on Greatsword now, you gain the same number of active defenses from Greatsword as you do Sword+Dagger … though you could argue Greatsword now has more given it’s auto-attack has a built in evade as well … but that’s much harder to control/time.

Mobility
Sword is harder to use for mobility (though easy once mastered), but once you get good with it you’ll be more mobile given the shorter cooldown on sword #2 versus Greatsword #3.

Offensively
Sword is a bit more “hybrid” than greatsword given that its #3 applies poison … which is quite helpful if trying to break a bunker build as, if done correctly, you can reduce their self-healing.

Sword benefits from placing might on your pet as well, so can be useful for upping pet damage.

Greatsword is easier to use and designed for straight power. It can also up pet damage (and your own) by inflicting Vulnerability on your target. Sword requires Axe Off-hand in order to apply Vulnerability.

Misc
Sword benefits from the flexibility of an off-hand.

Sword auto-attack can make you feel a bit less in control due to it’s somewhat clunkiness making it harder to dodge on-demand sometimes, but it also makes it quite easy to stick to a target.

Both are very good weapons. It largely depends on your specific build, playstyle, and where/how you plan to use it.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Kill people in like PvP/WvW ? If so I’d go with sword… GS is far too slow and predictable. If your enemy knows the basics, he will destroy you in melee. Dodging maul is super easy, and as for #5, I don’t think I’ve ever ever hit someone with it, let alone stun them.

With sword on the other hand, you can keep someone perma cripled, get a leap in your auto attack, and boost your dps by 15% if you got predator’s onslaught. 2 evades on #2 and #3, and an offhand free to use whatever you like.

For fighting someone in melee, sword is by FAR superior to GS.

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Kill people in like PvP/WvW ? If so I’d go with sword… GS is far too slow and predictable. If your enemy knows the basics, he will destroy you in melee. Dodging maul is super easy, and as for #5, I don’t think I’ve ever ever hit someone with it, let alone stun them.

With sword on the other hand, you can keep someone perma cripled, get a leap in your auto attack, and boost your dps by 15% if you got predator’s onslaught. 2 evades on #2 and #3, and an offhand free to use whatever you like.

For fighting someone in melee, sword is by FAR superior to GS.

If you want to kill people and know how to control your pets properly, great sword is superior. As far as PvP goes, the DPS loss swapping out of lb and into sword/x is too severe.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

If you want to kill people and know how to control your pets properly, great sword is superior.

Are you talking about using a CC pet to set up a maul? I think you’d be better off with path of scars in that situation.

Both swords have their advantages, and they’re both good enough there is no way you can call one clearly superior.

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

I can call them superior in that if I am using a great sword I will be more likely to win my 1 v 1 than if I am using a s/x. Not to mention, in a team fight, the GS utility is better served than s/x.

The OP asked which he should use. Of course in comes down to somewhat personal preference but in my humble opinion as one of the best power ranger around, GS is superior.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I can call them superior in that if I am using a great sword I will be more likely to win my 1 v 1 than if I am using a s/x. Not to mention, in a team fight, the GS utility is better served than s/x.

The OP asked which he should use. In my humble opinion as probably the best power ranger around. GS is superior.

Well in that case sword is superior because I am the best power ranger NA and am more likely to win my 1v1 using it. Seems like the topic is settled now.

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

The OP asked which he should use. In my humble opinion as probably the best power ranger around. GS is superior.

Well in that case sword is superior because I am the best power ranger NA and am more likely to win my 1v1 using it. Seems like the topic is settled now.

Sweet. How do you feel about 1 v 1ing Ostrich Eggs on node at henge. Personally I find as long as I can block his blinding pistol shot I’m usually in pretty good shape. However, if he is p/p and is expecting the block then glue shot is kind of a game changer especially if he tries to trigger my counter attack in order to get the blinding shot off on the pistol. But, if I account for that combo and use my wolf kd that I’ve been saving by skill canceling I can usually get the kd to interrupt him x2 with counter attack before I get hit with the blind. Which usually puts the fight in my favor assuming my lb is off cd. If it’s not and I’m in sword I find that the evades don’t really do much because while in sword he can just spam bombs at my feet while I lose the node and can’t do kitten back. But with GS I got the block, the evades, the dmg, and a tad bit of range with the GS through. With the set up/ skill cancel of my wolf howls I can either land it and make him eat a maul or I can skill cancel howl to bait a dodge and then delay my maul and hit him at the end of his roll. I would love to see how you handle some of the best of NA with your set up. I’ll message you in game.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

You’re just listing a bunch of things that you’re more experienced with on the GS against a single profession in an extremely specific situation.

If you’re out of stunbreakers and a mesmer starts blurred frenzy on you, the s/d will prevent almost all the damage and GS can’t do anything at all against that. It’s also easier to get to safe positions in 1vX with s/d, as you have so many extra on-demand evades as well as the greater mobility (sword3 and dagger4 can be used to re position as well as evade.) CC is one of the best weapons against a thief, and hitting them with a path of scars can stop the fight before it even starts.

You can’t just cherry pick a situation and drop a name and GS is now clearly superior to sword.

And to top off all this silliness, I am usually using both sword AND GS. Those were 2 of my first 3 ascended crafts.

in Ranger

rapthorne.7345

put the kittens away, please guys. I’m just after advice, I didn’t want to trigger an argument

If it helps, as a nub I will mainly be focusing on PvE, rather than PvP

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

put the kittens away, please guys. I’m just after advice, I didn’t want to trigger an argument

If it helps, as a nub I will mainly be focusing on PvE, rather than PvP

Towelcat did the math recently for various ranger set ups http://puu.sh/b6f2s/2cc82028fb.txt

S/A > GS for 3 target scenarios by a significant margin, S/A > GS for 5 target scenarios by a very small amount.

GS still has it’s uses outside of trash skips. It’s still useful for max melee range fights and scenarios where you don’t want to accidently leap out of a stack spot. It’s also our next best option on fights where using the sword is difficult.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I honestly find the GS more useful with the standard Max Power 10 Longbow build in PvP. Primarily because I can use it on point more effectively. I actually use it just as much as the Longbow, so would not call it a secondary. Put Sigil of Hydromancy on it to help with landing Hilt Bash. You will usually be fighting on point with an ally (Friendly neighborhood Guardian) so you can land the surprise Maul in the back quite often.

The real question about the choice of the “other” weapon set is: “How do you plan on surviving, when your opponent gets in your face?” Good opponents will get up to you, regardless of your kiting ability. The 1H sword will save you through evades, while GS will more or less save you by bashing the snot out of them.

I find it much more difficult to kill LB rangers when they pull the ole’ GS on me. The ones who use Sword/X seem to die much faster when I get to them. It is hard to tell though, with so many rangers (of all levels) running around nowadays. I would seriously urge you to spend more time in GS when running the two weapons. Pull out LB for the quick spike. Fight on point as much as you can.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

PvE is sword then.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

PvE is sword then.

Agreed. I usually find myself with both swords and lightning reflexes in PvE, just to move around faster. zip zip all over the place. Amost as fast as a football player warrior.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

PvE is sword then.

Agreed. I usually find myself with both swords and lightning reflexes in PvE, just to move around faster. zip zip all over the place. Amost as fast as a football player warrior.

sword/w lb would also be solid for when you get to WvW for this reason.

So go with sword.

Just… be careful when you come to PvP with that set up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

as one of the best power ranger around,

sigh… Nothing more to say really…

in Ranger

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

I think you’re both strong pow rangers, but you’re too light headed about the “best power ranger around” title.

Personaly I feel safer on s/a, people expect Maul, but they don’t see Hornet Sting – Path of Scars – Monarch’s Leap coming.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If you plan on using 6/6/x I would take Greatsword. MoC with 100% longer daze/stun duration is pretty brutal.

There are also two other sets with Sword :

“Burst” setup with Axe offhand; this can be unpleasant damage for your enemy. #5 is also okay vs. New LB Rangers, Mesmers. However, it’s bursty, won’t give you heavy sustain.

“Survival” setup with Dagger offhand. This will lower your burst damage by quite a bit, but give great kiting and defense in exchange. #4 is really long evade on very short cooldown and another poison application. #5 offers long cripple and some bleed. This setup is quite amazing against bunkers, with very high poison uptime. Really helpful vs. Warriors, Guardians, Elementalists, some engineer builds.

Test everything.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I levelled up sword/axe, and have been using it since launch (i have LB or SB on switch). About 3 months ago, I switched to GS. In my experience (power setup, off-hand cooldown traits for axe or GS).

1. since the patch last week, the GS dmg is comparable, if not more, than s/axe.
2. s/axe has more kick due to poison decreasing targets healing, and the evade on #3 is nice.
3. I rarely use #2 on sword. one, it kicks me backwards, and the cooldown is too short to use it and save the leap forward to be that useful. Decent evasion in pvp if you want to run away and not use the leap forward.

4. The lock on swords auto #1 has gotten me killed countless times. So many times i’ve been pounding the dodge only to be stuck in that animation and get toasted.

5. When in WvW or EoTM, Sword #2 and #3 has gotten me killed so many times its ridiculus. And its the dumb variety of leap backwards off ledges/cliffs, poisoning off cliffs, etc. Swoop from GS is easier to control where you land.

6. Sword #3 is extremely useful if you trait for flanking damage trait, as it puts you in that sweet spot for the 10% increase dmg, and with the auto-s cripple and the new pred instinct, thats good dmg.

7. On GS, i use MoC (and martial to lower cooldown) and technobabble. gs #5 can daze for 3 secs, and if timed right, MoCs big dmg buff comes into effect.

8. When roaming/EoTM/WvW, GS is easier to get around the map with..

In short, i have more control of my character with GS. Too many auto-locks with sword/axe. two many wtf deaths spinning out of control. Though PoS and WA are my two favorite skills in this game, and if Anet ever lets us move while using axe #5, i’d use that exclusively. But i run GS/LB most of the time now, and switch into s/a when i know i’ll be fighting rangers (for axe #5) or a pesky warrior/guard that doesnt have condi removal..

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

@mulzi: given your 3rd item, here’s a tip for using Sword’s #2

Sword#2 Escape Farther
(1) Face enemy
(2) Press #2, you’ll roll backwards away from them.
(3) Face away from enemy and untarget
(4) Press #2, you’ll leap forward away from them

Sword#2 Close On Enemy
(1) Face away from enemy
(2) Press #2, you’ll roll backwards towards them
(3) Face enemy and/or target them
(4) Press #2, you’ll leap at them

There are also videos on youtube for using sword #3 to go around a corner quickly.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I’m the best power ranger IRL. I even have a theme song.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Go, go FrouFrou Rangers!
Mighty Swording Power Rangers!

Stronger than before!
Signets can do more!
RF goes through your core!
Power Rangers!

Go, go FrouFrou Rangers!

in Ranger

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

For gneral PVE play, I prefer to run with GS.

Reasons:
1. Maul (#2 skill), nice big damage hit that will semi autotarget even if you dont target a critter
2. Swoop (#3 Skill) nice movement and includes an evade
3. Counterattack (#4 skill) can be used as a 4 second block whilst running (great for skipping mobs with ranged attacks)
4. Hilt bash (#5 skill) a 1.5 daze/interupt is very handy
5. Lower learning curve than sword (can keep auto attack on and not worry about loosing stack spot or being able to dodge on command)

Even after all those points, i will still use s/(a/d/w) when the situation suits it.

in Ranger

rapthorne.7345

I think you guys will find that Jason is the best power ranger.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I responded earlier in a PM about this very topic, but to kind of summarize because I’m pretty sure I wrote a thesis for them:

Greatsword actually ends up being the better weapon for dueling and general landspeed mobility. It maintains it’s damage capabilities on swap to keep up the pressure (or constant fear of incoming big damage) while providing enough defensive utility and escape when needed, in order to win fights or position and re-position accordingly.

However, what a set like Sword/x (dagger) has over GS is that it is just generally better for defensive maneuvers and gives comparable mobility. GS 4 against multiple opponents, for instance, can be a detriment as it can be triggered prematurely by a melee range attack and subsequently leave you wide open for an incoming attack, and Swoop, while amazing landspeed, can be hit with a movement impairing ability during most of it’s animation, almost entirely negating it’s landspeed advantage/mobility attempts.

Compared to that, the 2 in place evasion skills S/D offer are incredible “stall” tools and can be used to burn multiple enemy cooldowns making them waste their burst, and the evade on 50% of the two part sword 2 leap can be more reliable at re-positioning/escaping, allowing you in total to be more of a pseudotank but having less damage and dueling capabilities.

Personally, I run LB/GS in PvP and LB/Sword Warhorn (in a group, dagger with less people or no organization) in WvW.

I don’t think I need to further explain my decisions (like warhorn), but I will if needed hahaha.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Greatsword actually ends up being the better weapon for … general landspeed mobility.

I just disagree with this completely. s/d has 6 mobility skills and GS has 1.

Edit: Just to tag on to this, my personal ‘most requested’ feature would be a drop target hot key other than escape. Jcbroe I think you may be underestimating how far you can travel with things like sword 1 or sword 3 with no target selected. Dagger 4 is certainly no sit in place skill, you move forward with no target. It’s something I use often when outnumbered.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Greatsword actually ends up being the better weapon for … general landspeed mobility.

I just disagree with this completely. s/d has 6 mobility skills and GS has 1.

Edit: Just to tag on to this, my personal ‘most requested’ feature would be a drop target hot key other than escape. Jcbroe I think you may be underestimating how far you can travel with things like sword 1 or sword 3 with no target selected. Dagger 4 is certainly no sit in place skill, you move forward with no target. It’s something I use often when outnumbered.

Dagger 4 generally only moves me about a regular movement paces step forward without offhand training, but with offhand training, I’d say Dagger 4 adds some much needed mobility (I use it to evade attacks, close the gap at the same time, and retaliate with Axe 2 all the time).

I remember a forum post a while back that I’m indirectly restating though where somebody tested the GS against the Sword in sheer landspeed and the GS outright won, though not by a significant margin.

Of course, that could be factoring in Martial Mastery, which may make an impact on those results, but I can’t remember those details, so the information could be inaccurate.

Anyhow, it is not my data on it, it was just something I remember we had a thread about a long while back. I’d try to dig it up but the forums search function isn’t exactly….. yeah, let’s just, not lose all my hair today.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Well out of combat the movement is probably pretty close, not enough to fret about. IN combat, sword just blows GS completely out of the water and it’s not even remotely close depending on what exactly you’re doing. Obviously sword1 as a useful movement skill excludes just outright running away. Unless you ask FrouFrou who seems to enjoy running away by bouncing off of unsuspecting opponents…

Anywho, no need to rip your hair out (by the way what the heck is wrong with anet making this amazing game engine and not being able to make a functioning search feature on a website?)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Well out of combat the movement is probably pretty close, not enough to fret about. IN combat, sword just blows GS completely out of the water and it’s not even remotely close depending on what exactly you’re doing. Obviously sword1 as a useful movement skill excludes just outright running away. Unless you ask FrouFrou who seems to enjoy running away by bouncing off of unsuspecting opponents…

Anywho, no need to rip your hair out (by the way what the heck is wrong with anet making this amazing game engine and not being able to make a functioning search feature on a website?)

I can see through some of the in game code too and can totally understand why the search function is…. well, not even seemingly functional at times (a good example of what I’m talking about is when ANet added a fury procs to our two handed training skill and all of a sudden Eagle Eye started giving fury on crit procs, indicating some unchecked or poorly inherited, not a shot at a dev we all make mistakes, code fragment).

BUT, yeah, in combat mobility I prefer the sword myself. That’s why I tried to make the distinction by using the term landspeed, which does matter to some people or when doing certain activities (I wouldn’t dream of map completion without using a greatsword at the very least, for instance).

But yeah, in combat, Sword works much better as a repositioning tool. Not necessarily a good dueling swap set for the LB though.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

But yeah, in combat, Sword works much better as a repositioning tool. Not necessarily a good dueling swap set for the LB though.

I’ll disagree with you there, it almost seems two conflicting statements. Have you checked out that floppy koroshi duel I posted? He makes excellent use of s/d especially for respositioning.

Floppy has an entirely different style to me back when I knew how to use LB but at the same time I relate entirely to his s/d choice for the movement. You just need the movement for things like thieves and condi mesmers and engies.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I’ll disagree with you there, it almost seems two conflicting statements. Have you checked out that floppy koroshi duel I posted? He makes excellent use of s/d especially for respositioning.

Floppy has an entirely different style to me back when I knew how to use LB but at the same time I relate entirely to his s/d choice for the movement. You just need the movement for things like thieves and condi mesmers and engies.

I’m not saying you can’t, I should have worded it better. I’m saying that GS is better for dueling. GS gives you more options for controlling the fight, where S/D gives more options for reacting to the fight. The GS still allows you to defensively react as well however, and can capitalize better on an opponents mistakes better with the Maul burst, where as sword is near pure autoattack damage weapon, ultimately making your damage more predictable. GS is predictable too in the sense that it has a skill rotation, but you can still fake out opponents and catch them off guard, where as the sword it’s either autoattack or autoattack, and evade things.

You CAN use S/D with Longbow though for dueling. I just feel like that particular combination of weapons more on your opponent now knowing how to play against you than the LB/GS set where you can force people to make mistakes.

Like, one major important thing the sword will not be able to do is bait out dodges and evades/defensive cooldowns. At a certain skill tier of player, that is a HUGE advantage.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

You list advantages of the GS of being able to draw out dodges, but sword can a) use axe for the same thing only to hit harder, or b) use the sword to set up the LB again.

I usually use the sword to set up axe spikes as a melee ranger, however back in the day when I was a LB ranger I would use the dagger to set up LB ‘spikes’. As I mentioned in many a “I can’t kill thieves” threads, it takes 3 LB autoattacks to kill a glass thief or mesmer. So rather than baiting dodges, you bait attacks and then hit.

I used to, and probably can’t anymore, use muddy terrain and lightning reflexes in the same way. Use yourself as bait, allow the thief to unload, get out, unload yourself.

Edit: actually watching a couple different twitch videos that show the s/d bait tactic right now but I’m not sure how to link specific times…

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Also, you could get rid of the longbow b/c it’s crap and take Sword/Wh+GS which is a superior setup in every single way. Just an idea though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

Also, you could get rid of the longbow b/c it’s crap and take Sword/Wh+GS which is a superior setup in every single way. Just an idea though.

Shooting down from a Tower. POW! there goes your every way :P

On a serious note tho. Had some pretty intense duels with a full melee ranger with my lb/gs Setup I’m running for months now. Think it was 3:2 in my favor at the end but all of the Duels could have ended either way (And before patch i would have lost them all i’d say). I think it’s just personal Preference going full melee or packing a ranged weapon and just saying LB sucks is not helping anyone here…

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

On a serious note tho. Had some pretty intense duels with a full melee ranger with my lb/gs Setup I’m running for months now. Think it was 3:2 in my favor at the end but all of the Duels could have ended either way (And before patch i would have lost them all i’d say). I think it’s just personal Preference going full melee or packing a ranged weapon and just saying LB sucks is not helping anyone here…

He clearly stated he is interested in PvE. Yes longbow sucks for PvE. Full melee is so vastly superior in every way. Outside of RPing a ‘range-r’ of course.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Go, go FrouFrou Rangers!

Stronger than before!
Signets can do more!
RF goes through your core!
Power Rangers!

Go, go FrouFrou Rangers!

Stamp of approval.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

He clearly stated he is interested in PvE. Yes longbow sucks for PvE. Full melee is so vastly superior in every way. Outside of RPing a ‘range-r’ of course.

You are right, my bad! For PvE full melee will do a better Job of course

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Sword #2 is a base 8 second cooldown (6.4 traited)
Greatsword #3 is a base 12 second cooldown (9.6 traited)

If you have mastered using both leaps on #2 to go the same direction, then you should be able to use Sword #2 three times for every one time someone would be able to use Greatsword #3 to gain considerable mobility.

You can also take advantage of sword #1 in the middle of a fight. If your AA is at the leap portion and you untarget, you can get ~2 leaps in whatever direction you’re facing.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Given that my gs maul does not seem to be working on more than a couple targets when it doesn’t fail completely I’m definately on the sword/horn bandwagon. Id like to see the using #1 for jumping untargetted crowds of enemies I can see how that would work pretty cool. I guess you leave target off and just spam #1?

I did that run speed testing, it was without martial mastery. The sword wasn’t as good as greatsword but it was closer to greatsword than it was to just swiftness if that makes sense.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

You are right, my bad! For PvE full melee will do a better Job of course

Yep, sorry, PvE is full melee. Missed the comment mentioned for PvE focus, glad you guys caught it.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

I’ll think about Warhorn if I have fields I want a blast finisher in … otherwise it’s dagger for me.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Nah DnT’s advocating for longbow in PvE now. Use SoW + QZ + Barrage + RF and camp sword + axe.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Nah DnT’s advocating for longbow in PvE now. Use SoW + QZ + Barrage + RF and camp sword + axe.

Was this before or after the fix to Frost Spirit? That utility bar could change, which is why I’m asking.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Was this before or after the fix to Frost Spirit? That utility bar could change, which is why I’m asking.

Replace Sic ’Em with FS.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’ve fallen in love with the LB/GS pairing. Using QZ and SoW, I’ve been able to unload with both weapons for some awesome strikes (dat Maul). Plus, you’ve got the defensive benefit of GS and no hopping off cliffs.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Edit: Just to tag on to this, my personal ‘most requested’ feature would be a drop target hot key other than escape.

It’s already in the game, and has been so since release. Just bind whatever key you like to “Lock Autotarget” (control options).

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Edit: Just to tag on to this, my personal ‘most requested’ feature would be a drop target hot key other than escape.

It’s already in the game, and has been so since release. Just bind whatever key you like to “Lock Autotarget” (control options).

Works awesome too, muscle memory now

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry