Griffon pet!

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I know very little of Gryphon minds and bodies and I have no idea if it would be possible to tame them, so maybe. Forgive my ignorance, I usually just shoot them. I was a tad disappointed to find that I couldn’t tame raptors for a while, but then realized that they are hyper-aggressive, hyper-intelligent predators that would sooner bite off your hand than feed from it. Maybe Gryphons are the same way?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

when you play the asura statics stroyline one of your krew members tame a raptor, so it is possible.

i would love if both became tamable, as well as tropical birds(i have a feeling we will get this when we get the tengu as a playable race)

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

I’d love a rabbit, rapture and dolphin

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Deleven.7508

ha, i forgot about the dolphin, rabbit would be hilarious too

i thought of some more as well, i want a gorilla (not sure if they are an extinct race or not, but you see undead ones in ore) and i want a turtle

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There’s a lot of animals already in-game (but not in pet form) that I’d like to see added as pets. Griffons are definately on that list, they look really nice in GW2, I especially like the fact that they have breeds based on birds.

Other pets I’d like to see include…

~ Worms (particularly ranged ones)
~ Caterpillars / Grubs (also ranged, need more ranged variety besides devourers and spiders)
~ Spikefish / Scorpionfish (especially the deep sea glowing variety, I love glow)
~ Bats
~ Raptors
~ Hermit Crabs
~ Thundershrimp
~ Skale (I’d prefer the finned kind to the stealth ones, but both would be cool too)

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Da Poolp.6809

Da Poolp.6809

I wanna be able to tame the WvW cat ! He’s like my Charr

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jennytheturtle.8659

Jennytheturtle.8659

I wish we could charm EVERYTHING. I want every pet! Maybe the woodland creatures could just be special pets that go with your town clothes? just a thought. But yes GRIFFON!

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

I first made my ranger in hopes of having a pet gryphon.

:(

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Griffons would be cool, but Id rather have a tiger. And honestly, Id rather them get rid of juvenile and bring back pet stages like dire balanced ect.. I want my pet to be huge not small, gets on my nerves that my pet is so small. Think about a bird or eagle being the size of a vulture or golden eagle IRL. Legit.

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Phoenix and Gryphon.

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

A few i’d love to see are

Rock Dogs
Nightmare Dogs (if possible)
Gryphons (Multiple types)
Raptors (Multiple Types)
Dolphin
Electric Fish
Tropical Bird you see(Pirates xD)
Skale (Multiple Types)
Robots/Golums (Asura types)
Reprogrammed Steam Types (if possible)
Skritt (if possible)

(edited by Dante.1508)

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jennytheturtle.8659

Jennytheturtle.8659

Well you have to remember that the skritt, quaggans, hylek, krait etc are all races just like the sylvari, asura, charr etc. They aren’t supposed to be pets or ‘animals’ in the environment.

But I would love a golem!

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Lol skritt, that made me laugh. I want to tame a charr.

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Deleven.7508

if we get to ‘tame’ skritt, we have to stay away from one another, lest the skritt gain intelligence from their numbers and attempt to overthrow us and reverse our roles.

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

if we get to ‘tame’ skritt, we have to stay away from one another, lest the skritt gain intelligence from their numbers and attempt to overthrow us and reverse our roles.

On the plus side .. that would take care of those Ranger bots that are turning up .. :-)

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

The reason alot of these animals that are currently in game but are not pets is possibly because:

1.) In GW1 they had a limited number of pets to choose from because they wanted to save on people’s load times, ( not sure how relevant that is to GW2 as there isn’t as much instanced content)
2.) If you look closely at your pet they have unique animations for their F2 attacks and etc. I recall reading in the Collector’s edition book that they cut a fair few pets out due to wanting to have very refined attack animations on the ones remaining.

That being said, I REALLY hope with the next expansions they include some new pets! I would absolutely adore seeing some more of the GW1 pets like the Lion from Elona and the Crane from Cantha, and I really do crave a raptor and griffon pet too, I would have that raptor out 24/7!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Yea, I still want my tiger but hopefully next patch there are better pets, more interesting, instead of 15 different colors of moas. I would also like them to bring back dire phase.

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Hendever.6043

Hendever.6043

A griffon pet would be awesome! And seeing as they’d probably have to be put into their own separate pet type category we can have different kinds of griffons.

Including this magnificent specimen of the genus. Met them in Harathi and immediately said to myself, “I want that beautiful creature following me around constantly and watching over me in my sleep.”

Seriously I want one really bad.

Griffon pet!

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

A griffon pet would be awesome! And seeing as they’d probably have to be put into their own separate pet type category we can have different kinds of griffons.

Including this magnificent specimen of the genus. Met them in Harathi and immediately said to myself, “I want that beautiful creature following me around constantly and watching over me in my sleep.”

Seriously I want one really bad.

Until he eats your face and pulls a miami zombie on you.