Griften's New OP 1v1 Build

in Ranger

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Hey fellow rangers,
Just wanted to drop by and post the new build I made & tested & rekt with in the eu 1v1 server (Angz).
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YjEq0yaBLOsQ1ag+ga9CEAjd7fYavBWTQBrSA-TpBFwAMOIAu3fQxRAgwFAoaZAAPAAA

I had this idea of having extra pressure while I’m busy kiting/evading.

It’s similair to the way a medi gurad can pressure with burning, but with bleeding.
300 condi damage bleeds are surprisngly effective, especialy against thieves/mesmers/engi’s.

The great thing is that you berly sacrifice raw dps for bleeding application;
Two adept traits for passive bleeding proc,
mad king runes are just a bit less dps than pack, HydroGeo is even higher dps than HydroLeech.
The only thing you’re actually missing is Quick Draw, but w/e :/

Alright, back to 1v1ing!
Cya frands

~This post has been brought to you by the “Meow means Meow” foundation

Edit: The slot skills are just my personal choices, you can swap SotH and SoS if other skills suit you better (I’d recommend using LR/SoR/SoS or Protect Me if you want to be serious)

Griften

(edited by DanSH.6143)

in Ranger

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

why would you take signet of the hunt for anything but lazily running around out of combat due to limited access to swift? why are you focused 70% on conditions when you have 300 condition damage? how are you even effectively placing bleeds? the keen edge trait would get you 5 stacks, but that’s on a long cooldown. it can’t be sharpened edge, your crit is too low for that to be reliable.

i question the legitimacy of this build, especially after claiming that a low dps condition is somehow effective against engineers, who have some of the most potent condition cleansing in the game

what are you 1v1ing? cows in queensdale?

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

I don’t blame you, I was surprised by tge effectivness of the bleeds too.
So to answer your questions:

1) I’m not 70% focused on condi, as I explained. 6/2/6 is a strong power spec all by itself, it’s not realy weaker than other longbow builds in raw damage. 0/6/2/6, 6/0/2/6 are pretty much the same in terms of raw dps.

2) I should have mentioned it, the slot skills are just my personal preferences. You can swap SotH to SoR/Sharpenning Stone/Muddy Terrain/SotW, they all work great with this set up.
I don’t have limited mobility, since I do have swiftness on swap + bird pet, I don’t use SotH for the mobility bonus. I got used to its active effect. 4k Long Range Shot is pretyy sweet, and wolf leap or bird F2 become pretty huge with it too. Again, just my current style.

3) Don’t know what you’re talking about when you’re saying engi’s have a loy of cleanse.. All they have is Healing Turret and a 15sec icd immunity. Not having condi cleanse is engi’s weak point.

You can doubt the build if you want, but I did brought down some other strong folks with it, including Bullet Punch.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Hi Dash, there is another Power LB ranger with rune of the mad king, posting on forums his videos. This guy also uses two traps and its working kinda nice for him. Trying to find link …. grrrr

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

Hi Dash, there is another Power LB ranger with rune of the mad king, posting on forums his videos. This guy also uses two traps and its working kinda nice for him. Trying to find link …. grrrr

Well I don’t want to actively apply condi pressure. I’m imitatimg medi guard’s and zerk engi’s ability to pressure with burning, without focusing on condi.

I don’t consider my build to be a Hybrid one, it does not depend on bleeding.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

;-)

I am trying out the sharpening stone trait now too, didn’t realize its CD was affected by survival CD trait ;-)

People don’t seem to acknowledge that weak bleeds do half dmg of moderate condi or a third of heavy condi. Dmg is dmg so long as its free dmg ;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

OMG Justine thank you for posting, found link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV2ardN2has

in Ranger

Posted by: Kruczq.3087

Kruczq.3087

Well Griften, every 6/2/6 build is solid for 1v1s, i just want to know how would you deal with dd eles And I would swap troll for healing spring and off-hand training for vigorous renewal or hide in plain sight, also i think that snow owl would be better than raven.
But anyway, i guess we will have to duel once again in game

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

D/d ele? ha!
S/f is lb ranger’s bane!

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

Well Griften, every 6/2/6 build is solid for 1v1s, i just want to know how would you deal with dd eles And I would swap troll for healing spring and off-hand training for vigorous renewal or hide in plain sight, also i think that snow owl would be better than raven.
But anyway, i guess we will have to duel once again in game

Yeah Kruc that’s what I’m saying! 6/2/6 is already solid. If I’d swap off-hand mastery it would be for Shared Anguish or Oakheart Salve, but I know you like playing stealthy xD
I realy don’t want Healing Spring, it just heals thieves, and mesmers remove the regen.. :/

This isn’t a tourney build, so I’m not worried about dd cele heh… Although I think it would be able to pressure it down.
Didn’t test it in tourney yet (in this post I’m recommending it for 1v1’s). I prefer a full glassbow build 6/5/3 lb/gs in tourney, but this can potentialy counter the crap out of cele engi’s without being necro xD

Griften

in Ranger

Kruczq.3087

yea, in 5v5s, full glass zerker is the only option for power.
Healing spring has some cool condi removal, EB is not enough imo + water field with sword’s 2 is pretty kitten cool

in Ranger

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Well, it isn’t a secret that power LB ranger is an amazing 1v1 build, especially in the Beach fights.
With that said, your build is just a variation of a standard build, which is very cheezy. Yes, that’s it, power ranger is cheezy as kitten.

Don’t know what’s all the fuss about.

Leman

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

Well, it isn’t a secret that power LB ranger is an amazing 1v1 build, especially in the Beach fights.
With that said, your build is just a variation of a standard build, which is very cheezy. Yes, that’s it, power ranger is cheezy as kitten.

Don’t know what’s all the fuss about.

Every zerker works better in the beach, kiting is not unique to ranger – mesmers/thieves/ele’s are all relying on kiting hard and closing the gap when needed.

In todays meta, every build is cheezy, especialy the ones used to 1v1. lb ranger is just one of the annoying ones, although it is far from being the best or cheeziest 1v1 build.

Also, I wouldn’t call 6/2/6 a standard power ranger build, (although it is a strong set up) so far I’ve only seen Kruc using it, and he was relying on stealth/palsma. A completely different play style.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I’m with arnon here. For instance, why entangle over RAO? Sure it’s on a low CD because of the trait, but the small condi ticks are going to make it do paper damage.

Also, not a lot of condition removal here. I would think a condi ranger or condi necro would be very hard to fight.

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

I’m with arnon here. For instance, why entangle over RAO? Sure it’s on a low CD because of the trait, but the small condi ticks are going to make it do paper damage.

Also, not a lot of condition removal here. I would think a condi ranger or condi necro would be very hard to fight.

RaO is completely countered by thieves, mesmers and necros.
Entangle however, is an “I win” button if used correctlg, vs all classes. You use it for the immob, not the bleeds. Although the bleeds will still do considerable dmg.

Note the synergy between Mad King (6), Entangle and Sharpenned Edges. You can stack 12 stacks of bleeds passively.

In pvp, Entangle > RaO any day

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Fair point. TBQH I think both of our usable elites aren’t that awesome though. As you can corrupt RAO and you can stealth out of Entangle, so really its all about timing as you said.

I’d be curious to see a video of this build in action.

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

I like Griften, he’s a cool person. #nvrtrustaranger

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Kruczq.3087

Played a bit with it and the thing that is imo waay better option is sigil of generosity instead of blood on lb and vigorous renewal instead off hand training.
But yea, its not the best for 5v5s.
Still, pretty cool build. (similar to my old one, right Griften? xD)

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

#nvrtrustranger!! xD

Yep not intended to be a conquest build, not that effective there.
And yeah Kruc, you used to run HydroGeo xD
Generosity is interesting but meh, I rather keep ny raw burst. These small tweaks are just personal preferrences, lots of effective options.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I think a true hybrid would be much stronger than this.

A single condition isnt going to trouble most opponents.

Something like a x/6/6/x/x celestial lb trapper would provide the kind of condition pressure that really troubles ppl, along with a 5k+ burst from RF.

It would also have a lot more sustain from the ammy.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Griffy <3
I doubted his build at first too but it works surprisingly well. Usually when I go against him it’s Rapid Fire dmg on top followed by Bleed pressure dmg. I run SotF in my current build so I got cleanses but still the bleeds keep on ticking.
#nvrtrustranger

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

I think a true hybrid would be much stronger than this.

A single condition isnt going to trouble most opponents.

Something like a x/6/6/x/x celestial lb trapper would provide the kind of condition pressure that really troubles ppl, along with a 5k+ burst from RF.

It would also have a lot more sustain from the ammy.

That would probably won’t have enough of either raw burst or condi to pressure effectively. Not that it even matters, celestial amulet is banned in 1v1.

I’ve dueled with this build quite a bit already, bleeding is either the top damage or 2nd.

And it works because the build is zerker.
The awesone thing is that you don’t care if they’re cleansed or not, you’re a zerker! RF still bursts for 7k-9k on squishies. Your opponent has to deal with 8-16 stacks of bleeding while also deal with your regular heavy raw burst.

It’s very similair to the way medi guard’s pressure with burning, as it is their main source of damage even on zerker.

Griften

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

Griffy <3
I doubted his build at first too but it works surprisingly well. Usually when I go against him it’s Rapid Fire dmg on top followed by Bleed pressure dmg. I run SotF in my current build so I got cleanses but still the bleeds keep on ticking.
#nvrtrustranger

Nym <3

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Stupid rangers… Hate this build though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormphrax.5798

Stormphrax.5798