Guard and S&R revamp (Suggestion)

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Those two shouts are literally useless and no ranger will take them over other utilities for no reason. They may had their uses in the past (I doubt that about S&R but anyways), but at the moment they need rework.

Search and Rescue: Pet becomes invulnerable to ANY damage for the whole duration of the rez. Revives downed ally with double the speed of a player, or revives a dead ally with the normal downed speed. Cooldown reduced to 60secs. Range 1.2k

If I’m gonna waste a slot for a utility it should be worth it.

Guard: Probably renamed to Agression or something. Pet’s damaging abilities affect 5 targets. Cooldown remains the same as now (10 sec buff duration, 15s cooldown)

The skill will be actually usefull for trash fights.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Guard’s only real use is to be used with Nature’s Voice, but even at that it’s kind of bad given the cast time and how dreadful the shout is base.

Protect Me probably should also be changed given the changes to Signets. Having both SoS and PM up could be a bit over the top and changing PM makes far more sense.

Protect Me: The Ranger, his pet, and up to 4 other targets receive protection for 4 seconds. 25 second cooldown. Instant Cast.

Guard changed to Intimidate: The Ranger, his pet, and up to 4 other targets receive Fury and Might. 25 second cooldown. Instant Cast.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Guard’s only real use is to be used with Nature’s Voice, but even at that it’s kind of bad given the cast time and how dreadful the shout is base.

Protect Me probably should also be changed given the changes to Signets. Having both SoS and PM up could be a bit over the top and changing PM makes far more sense.

Protect Me: The Ranger, his pet, and up to 4 other targets receive protection for 4 seconds. 25 second cooldown. Instant Cast.

Guard changed to Intimidate: The Ranger, his pet, and up to 4 other targets receive Fury and Might. 25 second cooldown. Instant Cast.

Protect me has no reason to change. It is not useless, it can be used in pvp for more inv. time.

Also your suggestion to Guard would not make it worth slotting anyways. Plus we have that on warhorn skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

I posted this in the other thread. What if Guard would become “Aid Pet” for its duration of 15 seconds and if you trigger it you teleport to your pet. Then the cooldown starts, something about 45 sec seems appropriate. If you don’t trigger it nothing happens and cooldown starts afer the 15 sec of protection.

Somewhat like the necro skill. You could argue that Ranger should not get a teleport (with Warrior and Engi the only remaining class without it) but imo it would fit well and make give some distinct effect to this skill that is only being used to trigger a trait right now.

For Protect me while definitely not useless and somewhat different to SoS I still think it is indeed too similiar to SoS now. The pet should be allowed to keep attacking for the duration. It also could instantly transfer all conditions that are already on the ranger to the pet and make the pet also get all the new ones. If so it could even be made that it doesn’t protect from direct dmg so that it makes SoS a direct dmg counter and Protect Me Condi counter.

in Ranger

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Protect me has no reason to change. It is not useless, it can be used in pvp for more inv. time.

Also your suggestion to Guard would not make it worth slotting anyways. Plus we have that on warhorn skill.

That doesn’t mean that the skill does not warrant a change. It is still inferior to Signet of Stone in every way save for cooldown.