Guardian Scepter Buff. Ranger LB Ignored.

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Guardian scepter AA getting projectile speed fix, necro staff was used for comparison, ranger longbow that is mentioned on the third post of the thread? Ignored.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Fix-most-broken-autoattack-in-game/first#post1947626

Longbow 1 on ranger has broken-ness trumped here. It’s actual time is double it’s tooltip, and it’s slow enough that nobody should ever be hit by it. Oh, yeah, it’s damage falls dramatically as baddies close.

I’ll grant scepter second place though.

Ok Necro staff is 22% faster than this skill. I think we just missed upping this when we did our pass to up projectile velocity on skills that were absolutely too sluggish. That being said it looks like you can fire one of these orbs every .8 seconds whereas Necro staff fire rate is 1.3 seconds. Grasp does pass through targets in a line so I feel that differential is fairly warranted. I can’t promise when this is going to be fixed, but I can say I WILL fix it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Necro staff (and all the other necro projectiles) can still be out run by people with swiftness when they are out of combat. At least you can hit people with the ranger projectiles as long as they don’t sidestep.

Stuff goes here.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Yup, it’s kind of amazing they justified the crap staff necro auto by saying it pierces, as if the crap damage it did was any good because it pierced non moving targets.

But, hey, no meaningful changes to necros or rangers.

Warriors in PvE got even MORE buffs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Uh, there’s nothing wrong with LB auto. It’s supposed to be slow and weak, and of course you can evade projectiles by moving. Guardian and necro projectiles were borked because you could literally make them impossible to hit by strafing left and right, which would cause them to try to adjust and shoot out at a 45-degree angle.

in Ranger

Recycle.5493

Uh, there’s nothing wrong with LB auto. It’s supposed to be slow and weak

Other than the fact that it takes more than 1 second to fire instead of 3/4 seconds as it is written on the skill fact? And this isn’t only ranger’s problem, the same goes for warrior LB and thief pistol. Also, necrotic grasp, as JP said, passes through targets, is fine as is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Other than the fact that it takes more than 1 second to fire instead of 3/4 seconds as it is written on the skill fact? And this isn’t only ranger’s problem, the same goes for warrior LB and thief pistol. Also, necrotic grasp, as JP said, passes through targets, is fine as is.

Literally every skill in the game has an inaccurate tooltip. Either way it’s an extremely minor issue, nothing on the level of being able to totally render the weapon useless in PvP just by tapping your movement keys sporadically.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

My main problem with LB is the one thing that makes no sense…how am I doing less damage at close-range than with long-range? I know it’s ideal to stay at long-range, but common logic says that you’d do more damage at close-range due to the full force of the arrow being released at once. That’s all I want them to fix other than how fast the longbow #1 activates, and it’s all that really needs to be fixed

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

Yup, it’s kind of amazing they justified the crap staff necro auto by saying it pierces, as if the crap damage it did was any good because it pierced non moving targets.

I’ve literally NEVER understood how Necro’s can complain about Staff’s #1, even after playing the class myself. Necro Staff #1 pierces (unlike Guardian Scepter #1) without a trait (unlike Ranger LB #1) and is one of the best, if not the best, generators of Life Force. Necro Staff #2-4 are strong too because they give you 4 Marks to use which, when traited, are unblockable and have a huge radius.

Uh, there’s nothing wrong with LB auto. It’s supposed to be slow and weak, and of course you can evade projectiles by moving. Guardian and necro projectiles were borked because you could literally make them impossible to hit by strafing left and right, which would cause them to try to adjust and shoot out at a 45-degree angle.

^

@ OP: Ranger LB #1 being slow and weak up close is kinda the whole point of the weapon. You also seem to be, conveniently, forgetting that Guardians have a MUCH more limited selection of ranged weapons than Rangers do. When Guardian’s only long range weapon is hilariously unreliable it makes the class weak in any situation requiring ranged combat. I can’t even believe people are treating this like a valid argument. Lets just take a brief look at how inferior Guardian’s ranged options are compared to Ranger’s.

Ranger LB #1
- 1.2k range (1.5k range if traited)
- 20% chance Physical Projectile finisher (can always pierce if traited)

Ranger SB #1
- 1.2k range
- 20% chance Physical Projectile finisher (can always pierce if traited)

Ranger Axe #1
- 900 range
- Hits up to 3 nearby targets
- Each bounce has a 20% chance Physical Projectile finisher

Guardian Scepter #1
- 1.2k range

Guardian Staff #1
- 600 range
- Hits up to 5 targets in a cone

(edited by Somoe.3621)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Best thing on LB is hunter’s shot and point blank shot and then rapid fire. You know, lots of rangers QQ about pets not landing hits maybe you should run longbow for hunter’s shot (pet swiftness) and the knockback? Maybe it needs sone tweaks but a lot of strong players use it and we just got a huge patch. And guardian sceptor is designed to be the slowest yet highest dps ranged attack in the game except guardians never used it due to how it was too slow. That being said, I would like to see work done on the longbow #1 yet I feel ANET can only reasonably do so much.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Recycle.5493

Either way it’s an extremely minor issue, nothing on the level of being able to totally render the weapon useless in PvP just by tapping your movement keys sporadically.

I totally agree, strafing nullifies half of the attacks is really annoying. That’s why LB projectile speed should get an even further increase.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Literally every skill in the game has an inaccurate tooltip.

And yet they get paid…amazing really. Just glad they are do something that does not really matter and not flight controllers, Doctors etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’ve literally NEVER understood how Necro’s can complain about Staff’s #1, even after playing the class myself. Necro Staff #1 pierces (unlike Guardian Scepter #1) without a trait (unlike Ranger LB #1) and is one of the best, if not the best, generators of Life Force. Necro Staff #2-4 are strong too because they give you 4 Marks to use which, when traited, are unblockable and have a huge radius.

Who gives a kitten about life force generation from necro auto? That’s what soul marks and spectral walk or dagger auto does, and much better.

We’re talking strictly about damage.

If necro staff auto cannot hit a target, it does not generate life force, period. And most classes you engage 1v1 will be able to just sidestep necrotic grasp. And in the case it does hit, you get some life force at the expense of horrible damage. On a full berserker amulet build necrotic grasp at best crit for 1.5k.

1.5k when my ranger longbow can crit 3k max ranger, and so can my ele fireball — which hits aoe.

in Ranger

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I never understood why projectiles flew so slowly in this game in the first place. I think speed increase to range with a balance to reload time would be a better idea (almost like a global cooldown on the weapon). That would make range attack hit targets more often unless you fire at the same time someone dodges.

When was the last time you saw someone dodge an arrow coming right at them, or even a bullet after it was fired? (outside of Hollywood)

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]