Guess What...

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

There’s a thread in the PvP forum that’s complaining/debating over whether spirit rangers are OP.

I’m sorry, I’m just still trying to rap my head around how anyone could even begin to think this. Spirits are still our most broken utility next to shouts. We finally get a teeny tiny bit of group support, and then we get called out as OP again. It’s just…wow. Just wow.

NSPride <3

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Because if they ever need to try to beat us and adapt then we must be OP. It’s never their fault. Didn’t you get that memo?

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

There’s a thread in the PvP forum that’s complaining/debating over whether spirit rangers are OP.

I’m sorry, I’m just still trying to rap my head around how anyone could even begin to think this. Spirits are still our most broken utility next to shouts. We finally get a teeny tiny bit of group support, and then we get called out as OP again. It’s just…wow. Just wow.

Actually, spirits -are- really strong now, you throw some regen on those things and it takes a good deal to take them down, and their actives aren’t useless anymore, that being said they’re far from OP.

I’d say their decent 1v1 and strong in group fights (ok, they -may- be OP when paired with a minion master but that’s a 2 man comp not a single build). I think people just need to put on their big boy pants and accept the fact they suck and need to get better.

That or the ranger community needs to stop leaping onto the bandwagon and start being more creative so our good builds aren’t tuned into being so good xD.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Guess What...

in Ranger

Razor.9872

Because if they ever need to try to beat us and adapt then we must be OP. It’s never their fault. Didn’t you get that memo?

I’m starting to… :\

NSPride <3

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

just had a guy rage at me in hotfix for 3 games because he couldn’t kill me with my spirits.. he then rage quit.. he was still running the old BM build.. Was pretty funny.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Guess What...

in Ranger

Razor.9872

If you want to kill the current meta’s spirit ranger, all you have to do is kill the sun spirit (takes like 3 seconds tops), kill the stone spirit (like knocking over a house of cards), CC the now naked ranger once or twice, then clean up the mess. As long as you have decent condition removal, you’ll be fine.

NSPride <3

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Spvp players sucks hard if they said Spirit Ranger need a nerf…..spirits have a nice effect but they are too weak.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

If you want to kill the current meta’s spirit ranger, all you have to do is kill the sun spirit (takes like 3 seconds tops), kill the stone spirit (like knocking over a house of cards), CC the now naked ranger once or twice, then clean up the mess. As long as you have decent condition removal, you’ll be fine.

I hope you don’t try that strategy against a power spirit ranger, you’ll be kittened.

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

AoE, use a couple condis to throw off empathic/signet then immobilize/stun lock and spike down.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

sigh…
People will complain and then it’ll get nerfed and rangers will suck more until they eventually find another gimmicky niche build that works against poor players.
Whats next? “Ranger range too long can hit me from far and I run straight line but no less damage” and LB trait gets nerfed?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

I think the big issue with the Ranger having AoE support is that unlike other professions is that the Ranger will benefit from it with no investment. A minion master Necro has to have minion skills to abuse AoE support on their own. Other professions also have summon skills that they can use. However, these skills are in place of other skills that could be more useful. The ranger always has a pet by their side, so their team support skills seem stronger than they really are, because the ranger effectively has double the benefit. Spirits also have reasonably unique effects, so there’s often not any sort of worry about skills overlapping (however in a constructed team redundancy should never be an issue), this is especially true with Frost and Nature.

Let’s do a rough example. Say Sun spirit applies its burning every chance it gets, without fail. That means every 10 seconds, your victim is on fire for 3, per person buffed by the spirit. In other words, fighting a Sun spirit ranger you’re on fire 60% of the time (realistically it’ll be between 30-50%). That is a constant effect until you kill the Sun spirit, it also means you’re getting set on fire and might not know why if you can’t see the spirit.

With Spirit of Nature’s healing affecting spirits and Healing spring’s large AoE applying regen to spirits, spirits can be fairly difficult to beat down by attrition (which could be used on the same ranger who’s being just as tough to kill) and if the health buffs have made them resistant to getting bursted down that means they’re kinda tough to deal with.

Rangers don’t see this easily though. They trade 33% increased regen duration for spirit health and reliability. The trait line boosting spirits? Its stats aren’t even useful for spirits that aren’t storm or stone. The other spirit traits also aren’t fantastic, spirits unbound for example is a trade off between being able to strategically position and hide spirits and being able to let them dodge.

My point is, spirits are really complicated. Allies and enemies likely don’t understand them, but there is justification as to why they’re decent. A skilled player could probably pull off some shenanigans, but I doubt they’re OP just yet.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Guess What...

in Ranger

Razor.9872

I hope you don’t try that strategy against a power spirit ranger, you’ll be kittened.

No, that one’s for condi.

NSPride <3

Guess What...

in Ranger

Razor.9872

Well, A-net went ahead and deleted the “OP or not” thread in the PvP forum. Not sure if this is a “stop complaining, you just don’t know how to deal with them yet” or “yeah, we see it, we’ll nerf’m in the next patch.”

NSPride <3

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Hopefully it’s a stop crying and learn to play reason.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

It’s probably a “Stop Crying and L2P” action because they don’t really delete the threads over the OP builds.

Guess What...

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

It’s probably a “Stop Crying and L2P” action because they don’t really delete the threads over the OP builds.

You’re right. They just nerf the ‘OP’ builds, leaving the actual OP builds intact.

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Guess What...

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Ohgeeze … that thread …

*shakes head*

Guess What...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore… So much stupid in one thread..

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Spvp players sucks hard if they said Spirit Ranger need a nerf…..spirits have a nice effect but they are too weak.

That’s because Spvp is all about sitting on a fixed location. That’s all it ever is; cap a point and sit on it, which is people were complaining about bunker BM builds, and now spirit builds. Both builds work so well in Spvp because you’re just guarding one specific location. Granted WvW has its zergs and all that, but there’s way more types of situations (havoc squad, roaming, zerg interference, etc) and a ton more strategy involved in WvW that will never happen in Spvp.

(edited by Setun.4368)

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore… So much stupid in one thread..

Shh it’s ok Durzlla, there is fun to be had on that thread. He is digging himself his own hole with all the bs he’s spewing up.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: Rayean.8726

Rayean.8726

My favorite part was his comment about Eles and thieves having to put in work to be better than an AFK ranger.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Celebratty.1632

My favorite part was his comment about Eles and thieves having to put in work to be better than an AFK ranger.

But then why do I get kicked when I Akitten the corner of a dungeon?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That thread is so many levels of fail…methinks Anet itself needs to tell him to L2P.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

ive found the majority of time you see one of these threads its because a Sub par player got beat by a better one. the spec was just the icing on the cake. Then they run to the boards to tell everyone that it needs to be nerfed…because it could never be their play style that lost them the fight.

Keep in mind a spirit ranger has no stun breakers. and has to depend on most cases of someone being foolish enough to tangle it up melee, where the spirit ranger can use the secondaries to Immob,blind,Burst. keep in mind they are ill equipped to deal with condition removal.

all this is IMHO of course.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

Guess What...

in Ranger

Celebratty.1632

He seriously says that using quicksand when they get near us and back off, blind before they’re about to hit us with something that’s going to do a lot of damage, and using wolf fear to keep people from attacking the spirits is ‘so boring and mindlessly easy compared to using CC, skill rotations and positioning’.

Okay guys, its just someone who got roflstomped because they stood in the aoes as a d/p thief and got mad.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Guess What...

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Is it just me, or is most of the complaining that X build on an underpowered class needs to be nerfed are usually done by thieves?

[hS]

Guess What...

in Ranger

Celebratty.1632

Yep. Sigh… apparently making clutch plays every step you go is the only way to win without being mindlessly easy. I’ve abandoned that thread and not going back to that idiot.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Guess What...

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Good choice. He pretty much showed that he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about, and won’t even try to play the class to see if he’s right or not.

[hS]

Guess What...

in Ranger

Celebratty.1632

Thieves are a weird bunch.
They call nerf on anything and everything, yet when someone suggests a reasonable nerf (like getting a revealed debuff when BS is blocked) they immediately cry that people hate thieves and we all need to l2p.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock

Guess What...

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s mostly the thieves that are too comfortable with their stealth that do that from what I can tell. Personally I just feel they need to make a counter to stealth, or lower the amount of stealth they get and buff the thief’s survivability in exchange. Too bad either one of these will make the Backstab spammers QQ at the top of their lungs.

[hS]

Guess What...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

It’s mostly the thieves that are too comfortable with their stealth that do that from what I can tell. Personally I just feel they need to make a counter to stealth, or lower the amount of stealth they get and buff the thief’s survivability in exchange. Too bad either one of these will make the Backstab spammers QQ at the top of their lungs.

I know one of my friends was saying that there should be more abilities that apply “Revealed”, For example, Bonefire, and several other light and fire fields.

Guess What...

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

I wouldn’t mind it at all if my Flame Trap could do that. Because then it would be even more fun to watch them burn in it~

[hS]

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Biggest counter atm is the stun lock/KD warrior with longbow/hammer or 1h sword. Just wrecks kitten. LB aoe kittens up spirits, pindown, hammer KD’s, ground slam etc etc you’re kittened up.

this guy is on a thief, he’s been fotm for a long time and hes mad that all of a sudden the rug’s pulled out from under him and he has to think about how to kill someone.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Biggest counter atm is the stun lock/KD warrior with longbow/hammer or 1h sword. Just wrecks kitten. LB aoe kittens up spirits, pindown, hammer KD’s, ground slam etc etc you’re kittened up.

this guy is on a thief, he’s been fotm for a long time and hes mad that all of a sudden the rug’s pulled out from under him and he has to think about how to kill someone.

How do you get countered by a stun lock warrior when you can blind them for 2 attacks O.o?

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

How do you get countered by a stun lock warrior when you can blind them for 2 attacks O.o?

Only 2 attacks.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Only 2 attacks.

Which kittens all over their stunlocking combo…

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Only 2 attacks.

They have more than just 2 stun locks for cc.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Warrior is the weakest pvp class but ill quit the game if i would lose to a ranger running 4 spirits on my warrior.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Guess What...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Only 2 attacks.

Yes… i know this… but if they miss 2 of them their stun lock combo is ruined, how are you not getting this?

Guess What...

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Only 2 attacks.

Yes… i know this… but if they miss 2 of them their stun lock combo is ruined, how are you not getting this?

Stun CD is so short that it doesn’t really matter if you miss it TBH.

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Only 2 attacks.

Stun CD is so short that it doesn’t really matter if you miss it TBH.

Because of this ^ Besides which, anyone smart enough will know they are blinded not waste their cc.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

Lets not ignore the fact that a GS Mace/Shield warrior will kill your spirits in 1 HB anyways.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Every warrior i have ever talked to has said that the blind ruins it, and seeing as how i have ruined their combo several times with it speaks wonders, and they’re hardly going to get that 1HB off with the 3 KDs i have KB, Fear, immob, cripple, blinds, perma swiftness etc.

Guess What...

in Ranger

swiftpaw.6397

Every warrior i have ever talked to has said that the blind ruins it, and seeing as how i have ruined their combo several times with it speaks wonders, and they’re hardly going to get that 1HB off with the 3 KDs i have KB, Fear, immob, cripple, blinds, perma swiftness etc.

I love anecdotal evidence.

Guess What...

in Ranger

Puandro.3245

I have 16 seconds of stability and you have no boon removal, also a stun breaker/condi clear on a 25 sec CD. Also near perma swiftness. Lets not pretend that you can’t clearly see when the spirits raise their arms to actually do a spell either, although the sun blind is a bit faster than the others.