Guild WvW running

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

Posted by: nxk.1932

nxk.1932

Hi all,
i start run wvw with my wvw guild (about 8-15 members at one moment). And I need some advices about build for it. Iam a sniper which killing casters etc. I tried classic build 6/6/2/0/0 with berserker trinkets armor and weapon with healing spring, signet of the stone, entagle, wild signet and zephyr but when I have to be in close combat…. I have 9s stabillity (without support from my guild mates) and 6s un. from stone signet.. and it is over. Do you think that…. for example change my armor from berserker to soldier is solution for this runs?
Thanks for advices and sorry for bad english.

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

Posted by: Eiax.1702

Eiax.1702

If you’re running that build and expecting to stay alive you’ll want to keep out of the fray and just wreck kiting around the melee battle. You’ll be downed in seconds if you try and join in melee as you won’t have enough survivability against more than a 1v2. The build is good, just going to need to think more about your positioning. Of your guild demands you need to join them in melee then you’ll have to change your build for more toughness and/or vitality. I run 6/6/0/2/0 for the extra power from the first vitality trait, also feel with toughness either go big or go home. But again,kiting round at max range, most people won’t attack you and you can easily cause insane damage just using barrage and keeping at max range don’t give up on the build just try not to melee against groups! Hope this is helpful to you!

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

Posted by: nxk.1932

nxk.1932

Ok, thank you for post and question… do you use piercing arrows? I using trait for range and velocity increase. They dont want mele for me at any cost, but when I dont want mele its hard to stay without hunt signet away from mele.

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I would take piercing so you can’t be body blocked when trying to finished a low hp player. Also I would swap out QZ for LR. Quickness really isn’t necessary and lightning reflexes is a very good defensive skill.

If you want a little more defnence you can go 6/5/3/0/0 for the protection on dodge, you don’t really need 6 points in skirmishing.

If you can survive with full zerk, use it, but you are very vulnerable, so if it’s too hard an you’re getting picked off, some pvt pieces might help.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

Posted by: Eiax.1702

Eiax.1702

I switch between both eagle eye and piercing arrows, if against a large group, I’d go for piercing, more hits, more use to the team, if defending an area, roaming or picking off single targets eagle eye. To me there seems to be a significant range increase from eagle eye meaning more range for max damage

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I have a hard time juggling between all those MM traits. What do you folks think of spotter in these cases?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

warriorjrd.8695

Ignoring the 5% damage increase, you can still get max damage from the range benefit without eagle eye. Spotter is good if you need the extra precision, it really depends on your gear, but is the most supportive of the three. Unless you are going for absolute max damage I wouldn’t even go for eagle eye in groups, but because the extra range doesn’t really beat piercing or 150 precision.

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I would take piercing so you can’t be body blocked when trying to finished a low hp player. Also I would swap out QZ for LR. Quickness really isn’t necessary and lightning reflexes is a very good defensive skill.

If you want a little more defnence you can go 6/5/3/0/0 for the protection on dodge, you don’t really need 6 points in skirmishing.

If you can survive with full zerk, use it, but you are very vulnerable, so if it’s too hard an you’re getting picked off, some pvt pieces might help.

A full build example would be very helpful since I have no idea what traits to take in your post above.

I will try to guess, but many of us aren’t good at theorycrafting – which is why we come here – it’s a gift that many don’t realize is crazy precious.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Guild WvW running

in Ranger

warriorjrd.8695

A full build example would be very helpful since I have no idea what traits to take in your post above.

I will try to guess, but many of us aren’t good at theorycrafting – which is why we come here – it’s a gift that many don’t realize is crazy precious.

Many of the traits are very dependent on your utilities and how you want to play. If you use some survival skills, taking wilderness knowledge will help you out the most. If you use signets, taking signet mastery would help you out the most. If you want you can work with this and design gear/utilities around that and see how it goes from there. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQBYgAhatA4y7h79eBA